Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

By RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA
CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS

6.7K 143 25
By RockDD20

'Liking yourself is the most important thing'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

"Where's my baseball bats Anna" Marcus said sternly walking into my room, I stood in front of my mirror brushing my hair gently. I placed my brush down and looked at him.

"Under my bed" I said, he stormed over to my bed and just as I thought he lifted the blankets onto my bed and checked under there. I heard him groan loudly and stand back up.

"Seriously Anna where is it" he growled.

"I hid them in a place you'll never find them" I smirked "not funny"

"I'm not going to give them back until you calm down and don't beat Chuck to a pulp" I snapped "Anna, I won't-" I cut him off with a look "okay I considered it" he said.

"And that is exactly why I won't give them back" I nodded and moved walking past him and into the bathroom.

I walked into the bathroom grabbing my toothbrush, I squeezed some paste onto it and ran my toothbrush under the water. Then I heard Marcus's loud footsteps invade the bathroom, I stuck the toothbrush in my mouth and began scrubbing.

"Anna, I promise I won't bash Chuck with my bats. But I need them because I'm going to the Southside Serpents bar" I took my brush out of my mouth and looked at Marcus through the glass.

"What!" I squealed spit flying as I spun around.

"I'm going to the bar to see if he's there" Marcus shrugged, "do you know how dangerous that is Marcus" I scolded trying to hold the toothpaste in.

"If she's there she won't hurt me, no matter how much she denies it we're still family" Marcus said. I paused for a moment taking it all in "okay fine, but I'm coming with you" I replied.

"No, no. Absolutely not"

"I'm not going to let you go alone, and besides you need another person for this" I said, I wiped my mouth and went back into my room.

"Can I get my baseball bats back?" He yelled out.

"There were I used to hide during hide and seek" I called back "seriously, under the kitchen sink?" He said walking into my room, I nodded giving him a smirk.

"Anna, I really don't want you to come. Who knows what those creeps will do" he said, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Your not going to let me go are you?" I asked.

"No way in hell"

Marcus's P.O.V

I stepped out of my car staring at the bar in front of me, bikes sat out the front and cigarette smoke filled the air, their snickers loud enough for me to hear.

So I walked into the bar, the second I opened the door it stunk of cigarette smoke and beer. I almost gagged at the smell.

My eyes were peeled as I walked through the bar, searching for Lena.

Then suddenly I felt a hand grab my arm pulling me around.

"What's a privileged boy like you doing in here" he sneered, "get off me" I snarled ripping my arm out of his slimy grip.

His hands shot out to grabbed me, I pushed him away from me. His fist went to hit me but I dodged it and slammed my fist into his jaw.

That's when I noticed all the serpents were gathering around me, their glares hard and their fists ready.

The serpent on the ground stood up and took a swing at me socking me right in the eye, I clutched my eye blinking the pain away.

All the serpents moved closer to me and began screaming profanities. "Hey, hey, hey" a voice yelled, the serpents stopped and I looked towards a man with a stubble and an obvious eyebrow game that is strong af.

"What are you doing here?" He asked after making his way to me.

"I'm looking for my sister" I said, "and is she a serpent?" The guy asked snickering at me.

"Yes" I said "I'm looking for Lena Underwood"

The guys smirk dropped at Lena's name. I wouldn't be surprised, Lena was a badass.

"She's not here" a voice perked up, "you come with me" the guy said pointing at me. He lead me outside towards my car.

"Lena's not here, she's been gone for over a month now" the guy said, "she's back in Riverdale" I replied "and what makes you think that" the guy scoffed. "Because she left her jacket with my mother" I said.

The guy chuckled running a hand through his hair, "you think that because your mom had a serpents jacket with her that your sisters back in town"

"Well who else could it have been?"

"Your mom, Lillian. She knows a lot of serpents, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them leant her their jacket" he suggested, there's something familiar about this guy, like I've seen him before.

"Did you?" I asked, he looked down at his shoes, it was him.

"Stay away from my mom" I growled "I meant no harm kid, your mom and I go way back" he said, "how far?" I asked. He smirked taking out a cigarette and lighting it "too far".

"How'd you know her?" I asked suddenly becoming intrigued "I'm not sure if I should be the one telling you that story" he answered.

"But get yourself home kid, don't piss her off" he said beginning to walk back inside, "hey. Who are you?"

"FP" he answered, what kind of name is FP?

Anna's P.O.V

"10, 11, 12.5" I cheered holding up my timer as as Marcus ran past the finish line, before Marcus got kicked off the football team he was their fastest player. But since they won't let him on the team, Marcus decided to go to track. He was already offered a spot on the track team and he willingly took it.

We were practicing his times and he's beaten all of his old ones.

"Finally" he gasped for air taking a drink from his water bottle, "it only took you like three runs to get passed the old record" I said.

"Oh, what's that. Time for huge" he smirked, "no, no, no" I said backing away from him.

Then ran over to me and I sprinted away from him, but since you know Marcus so fast he caught up to me engulfed me into a big sweaty hug crushing my bones.

"God, ew. Save me from this disgusting pig" I groaned wriggling out of his grip, he laughed loudly and I pushed him off me. "Your the most disgusting human being ever" I glared playfully wiping his disgusting sweat off me, "you love me" he grinned.

"No I don't"

"I think you made me stink" I said scrunching up my nose smelling myself, great now I smell like him. I ripped off my sweater and threw it at him which he caught quickly.

I took out my perfume and sprayed myself with it making sure it didn't stink of my brother. Once I was satisfied I gave him one long hard glare and poked my tongue at him. "You really are a child stuck in a teenagers body" he smirked, "and you still stink like a rotten sock" I retorted.

"Time for another hug..."

"No, no, no back up" I squealed running from him.

------

"Betty, I'm sorry. That's hardcore" Jughead said after Betty told both Juggie and I about what happened to Polly and my god, this changes my whole perspective on not only Jason but the entire Blossom family.

"I asked my dad if I could call Polly. He said she was doing better. But then, when she heard about Jason's death, she had a big setback. He doesn't want to risk another one" Betty said.

"Why does a rich kid sell drugs?" Jughead said "he was running away from his parents" I suggested.

"Yeah, probably" Jughead replied "drug dealers"

"Oh, my God. Is that possible?" Betty asked "It's a theory. Yours is more likely" Jughead answered looking to me.

"But why would he have to run away from mommy and daddy?" He asked himself, "because they're monsters" Betty said "they all are" I added.

"Yeah, but why, specifically" Jughead said

"Well, we can't exactly just ask them" Betty replied  "so we have to ask Jason" Jughead said, my eyes widened at him, he isn't talking about talking to the dead?

"Are you proposing a seance or..." Betty said

"No. Dead men tell no tales. But their bedrooms, their houses..." Jughead trailed off turning to me, "are you suggesting to I snoop through Jason's room while I'm staying at the Blossoms, the day literally before his funeral" I said.

"That's exactly what I'm saying Anna" Jughead replied.

"I'll try, but getting myself alone in that house is going to be hard. Especially since mama Blossom is an actually psycho" I said.

"Juggie are you sure about this?" Betty asked, "I'm positive" he replied looking at me.

-----

I view an awkward silence as a eerie quiet surrounded by someone you barely know. I absolutely hate awkward silences, like the dinner I'm having with the Blossoms.

This is the longest awkward silence I've ever experienced, but I'll admit it gives me time to think. Before I left Marcus told me that it turns out Lena isn't in Riverdale after all, it was some biker that mom knows apparently. The whole story sounds sketchy but I feel relieved that Lena isn't back in town. She's a little too over protective if you know what I mean, as in wont let a boy near you otherwise she'll break every bone in the guys body. That kind of over protective, like a female bear that is protective over her young. That's what it's like with Lena, being constantly protected.

But now, she barely even acknowledges that were related. She wants nothing to do with our family and what we do, I saw it coming though. Even before she left she was distant. She almost wanted nothing to do with us, she was still a good sister and daughter, but she just wanted to be left alone all the time. She seemed tired and snappy a lot to, maybe her leaving was for the best. I hope she's happy, wherever she is.

"Thank you for having me" I said cutting into my ham and sticking it in my mouth "Cheryl invited you. I have no idea why you're here" Mrs Blossom replied, what a bitch

"Me neither" I said quietly "I thought there'd be other girls" I added talking to Cheryl

"Nana Rose, would you like some more ham?" Mr Blossom said cutting more ham off the bone, "Annabelle, would you like some more maple ham?" He asked

"I'm good. It's delicious, though. You can really taste the maple" I said at least trying to be nice, I've been here for a good two hours and these people are already pushing my buttons.

"You do know that Riverdale was founded on the maple syrup industry" he said, the way he said it though talking to me like I'm a complete clueless idiot. "I did actually Mr Blossom, I've lived here my whole life" I said back with sass.

"That's where Sweetwater River got its name. Perhaps you should ask your mother about it, sometime. How is she, by the way?" He asked, what the hell does my mother have to do with any of this. I noticed some glimpse in the corner of my eye, Mrs Blossoms grip on her fork tightened.

"She's fine" I said, "but I'm sure my mom doesn't really care about how Sweetwater River got its name"

"I wasn't suggesting the river, I heard she's getting a divorce with your father. That must take a terrible strain on her emotional health" what is this smart ass getting at.

"Hardly" I said back,

"It must have been hard for you. Watching your father leave, you and your brother must be devastated" he smirked "no, we actually rejoiced and burned all his things in our backyard" I smirked back.

"I didn't get to say goodbye to my father, I don't really mind though. But I think it's great that you all are getting a chance to say goodbye to Jason tomorrow" I said my tone becoming soft.

"Not all of us. That's because some people already got to say goodbye to Jason. While rowing him across the river to his death" Mrs Blossom said, I looked to Cheryl seeing pain clearly evident on her face.

Imagine living with these people, no wonder Cheryl's such a bitch sometimes. She's becoming a reflection of her mother minus the long skirts and the resting bitch face.

-----

Cheryl and I flicked through her family albums, pictures of herself and Jason grinning. The dynamic duo, twins, Cheryl and Jason Blossom.

It made me sad seeing Cheryl and Jason so happy, I bet when they were little they didn't know of the horror that would soon follow them. No one did.

"Cheryl" I said, "hm" she replied flicking to the next page.

"I'm sorry about Jason" she glanced up at me and gave me a soft smile "thank you" she replied.

"Anna, I know you don't like me very much. I may be a little clingy and not very nice at times but I really want us to be friends, and I'm sorry for judging you about being friends with Jughead" she said, oh Cheryl if only you knew that we were actually dating.

My eyebrows shot up at her.

"It's fine" I replied "and I wanted to say that it's not your fault Jason died, you were protecting him. You were helping him..." Here come my detective skills "why did he want to leave, if you don't mind me asking?"

She looked down at his photo, a sad smile on her lips "I don't know, he wanted to get away. And he came to me for help, but if I knew what would've happened in the end-" she cut herself off with a small sob.

Instantly I moved closer to her and hugged her as she cried, I stroked her hair as she sob trying to ignore the tears wetting my pyjama top.

"Cheryl" I said quietly, she sat up wiping under her eyes, "you're allowed to say goodbye to your brother. But, why does it have to be..."

"In front of people?"

"Yeah"

"Everything with Jason's been so... Public. Everyone has an opinion. Has been gossiping. Saying he got what he deserved, or that he didn't. I just... I want everyone to know that I'm... I'm sorry. And that Jason deserved a... A better family than what he got" Cheryl said.

"Then do it. I'll help you. And let Penelope and Clifford Blossom do their worst" I smirked

"Oh, they will. They'll kill me" I frowned at Cheryl, but she brushed it off like it was nothing. "I am here for you, whenever" I smiled rubbing her back.

"Thank you Anna" she said "I'm also sorry that I got Marcus sent away"

My face dropped, and a small pang of anger bubbled through my.

"I was mad, I loved him. I really did and when we broke up it destroyed me, I thought we were going to last longer than we did"

"So you make up fake stories about him because he made you bad" I snapped, "no- well, yes I did. But,-"

"But what Cheryl" I cut her off "you ruined my brother for your own personal game, that is something I won't forgive you for until you earn it"

Her face softened "I'm really sorry Anna"

"It's fine, for now. Let's not talk about it, and besides I'm not the one you should be apologising to" I didn't want to talk about brothers right now, here was being buried tomorrow and the last thing I need is a drama with Cheryl.

It wasn't long until Cheryl passed out, which gave me the perfect chance to snoop through Jason's things to try and find why he wanted to run away.

I crept through the dark halls of the Blossom house, I cringed at every floor board creak, dodging ever light. I feel like Dexter Morgan right now.

I knew exactly where Jason's room was, when Cheryl and I were little we used to his under his bed and scare him when he walked in. Back when I was friends with Cheryl.

I was about to walk into his room when I saw the door handle turn slowly, I quickly hid behind a corner and peaked out trying to find out who was in there. I wasn't surprised when I saw a red eyed Penelope walk out, dabbing a tissue against her eye. She's been crying in there, she actually does have a heart.

Then I saw her lock the door, great my chance is gone.

"Shit" I hissed quietly before sneaking back to Cheryl's room, I'll have to try again tomorrow with Betty and Jughead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 6.5K 109
where a photographer teams up with a novelist to figure out the truth of what really happened on the night of july 4th. the night of jason blossoms m...
165 6 3
Riverdale has been known for its murders and mystery's solved by a group of teens who have really no business being involved, and it has it's gangs r...
Light A Match By Aut

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 81 18
- COMPLETED - Everywhere she went she was known as Fire. Cheryl Blossom rocked red, displayed fire in her soul. That was until the day she met Toni...
104K 1.6K 21
what happens when Reggie's secret summer love moves to Riverdale high to go to school with her cousin and people realize shes not really what his typ...