Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3
Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Chapter 30

2.7K 45 24
By Hhhhhh05

Song: Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer
Cover by: Alexi Blue

I was sadly strolling down the halls, with my head dropping and my hand pitifully gripping Americas ring box that lay in my pocket. I heard some actual good music that was very unlike the pop music Prim usually listened to in her room. The singer had a beautiful voice and I couldn't help but poke my head in through Prims open door.

"Oh my gosh, Maxon!" Prim greeted me. "Just listen to this music. Isn't it great!"

"It's just more of that pop stuff about a breakup you always listen too," I lied.

Prim rolled her eyes. "No it's not. This isn't just some Taylor swift album. This is good music. The way she sings makes it so obvious she went through a very bad break up that was a real. It's different than all those other songs."

"Who's singing it?" I asked.

Prim Peered down at her iPod. "She has a couple songs. Some girl named...Rose Singer."

I looked up and her eyes met Mine.

"You don't think..."

"No Maxon," Prim said, squishing my dreams. "It's just a coincidence."

I looked down. I knew it wasn't really America, but it was a good singer. The way she sang about this guy, made me think he was just the fool and not her.

"How's the hunt for her going?" Prim wondered.

"Not very good. they haven't found any signs of her anywhere," I sighed.

"They'll find her. I wouldn't be surprised if Delaney already has. Maybe you should give her a call."

Yeah. Maybe..I should.

~oOo~ Americas Pov

I laid down on the chair, as has become tradition over the past two weeks, with Daemon sitting in a chair next to me and Lola sitting across the room because she thought it was entertaining. These writing sessions had become my own form of therapy. I would tell Daemon all of my problems and sorrows and he would almost simultaneously turn it into lyrics and I would go write a melody. Than we'd go and sing it at the bar (than drink a little/ a lot afterwards.)

So now I sit next to Daemon, who has his pencil poised on his notepad, pouring my heart out.

"Now remember...The song isn't going to be exactly what you say. I have to add things to make it appeal to the audience," Daemon reminded me. He said this before every session.

"I know," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Okay than. Go."

I took a deep breath and let it all out. "I keep on thinking about our last kiss, the way his lips tasted. And how we didn't know that we wouldn't be together later that day. I've been in contact with my sister in law who's friends with him, who says he's doing fine. I can't help but hope he's feeling lonely. He said so many words that hurt me and I only hope he read the ones I wrote him. Well, the rebel wrote me. "

Daemon began his scribbling on the notepad and the tears started flowing.

"Sometimes I start to wonder if everything was just a lie. Because if everything was real, how could he just be fine. I remember the day he told me he was leaving, well...told me to leave. I remember the makeup running down my face. It was so embarrassing. And all the dreams we made together, he didn't need them, just like every other wish we ever made. I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia, so that I didn't have to remember the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to him and all the memories that I just can't escape. I hope he's not fine, because I'm not fine."

I paused to wipe away the tears on my face. Like Lola always says...he's not Worth my tears. Yet I'm still crying.

Than I continued.

"All the texts and photos he sent me are still living on my phone. When I'm in bed, I like to see them. Because when I'm in bed, I feel alone. When you guys first asked me why he wasn't around, it was hard to say because he's happy and he's moved on. It's hard to here his name on the tv, when I haven't seen him in so long. It's like we never happened. was it just a lie? Please someone tell me, how he's fine. Cause I'm not fine at all!!!"

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down by watching Daemons pencil scribble. Than I continued pathetically.

"If today I woke up with him beside me. Like all of this was some cruel and twisted dream. I'd hold him closer than I ever did before and he's never slip away. I wonder what he'd say..."

Lola munches on some popcorn. "That was great," she commented. "You made it too easy on Daem though. You were rhyming half the time!"

We all laughed at her peanut-gallery-likeness. It was hilarious most of the time.

Maybe I will be fine...

~oOo~ Maxons Pov

I am ashamed to say that I have been listening to Rose Singer. This boy was so stupid for leaving her and she really explains that in her music. Everyday she comes out with new song, but they're all the same. I feel like devoting my time listening to her heartbreak story, helps me forget my own.

Suddenly there was an aggressive knock on my door that drifted over the music. I called that it was open. A guard came walking in followed by Prim and two more guards. Prim was gripping her magazine and the guard gesture to her.

"I found something. About America," Prim told me.

I looked up at her with big doe eyes. I know it was wrong to get my hopes up when I was destined to be disappointed, but America does funny things to me.

She didn't say anything else. She just laid down the magazine in front of me, with the cover side up. The article was titled "Fiery Red Head Sings About her Heartbreak in Bars all over Dominica". The article continued to tell about Rose Singer and her blooming music career. But that's not what mattered.

The picture wasn't of Rose Singer. It was of America, crying, while sitting on a piano and singing.

My America was in Dominica.

And soon...so would I.

~oOo~ Americas Pov

Song               is               right             here
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️↕️↕️

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Song               Is                Right           Here

"I'd hold you closer than I ever did before and you'd never slip away. And you'd never here me say..." I sang.

I was currently standing on a stage at some live music bar that contacted Lola about having me sing. I was singing one of my best songs yet, next to Just a fool and I was feeling all the pain over again. Sometimes when I sang about what happened to me I would see visions of Maxon. But they would quickly disappear. I was used to it now. So it didn't alarm me when I saw one in the audience.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I Remember the makeup running down my face
And the dreams I left behind, you didn't need them
Just like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things..."

Yet this time he didn't go away. Even as I finished the song and stopped singing. Stopped feeling. He was still there. I tried to ignore the hallucination and gave Daemon a congratulatory hug for another show well done.

I continued with my usual routine. which consisted of going down to mingle and than having a couple drinks. Except I passed on the drinks today. Throughout the next hour, the illusion of Maxon didn't go away. He was always there watching me From the corners.

When I was finally too tired of seeing the illusion, I left. I wandered out to the car I was renting, but was stopped by a voice calling my name.

"America! Wait!" The familiar voice called.

I turned around in fear and saw his beautiful face staring back at me.

"Maxon?" I choked out.

"America," he mumbled.

I put up a strong mask. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you. I read the email. I found out who it was. I know why you said no," he explained.

"You believe me now?" I whispered, not trusting myself to look at him.

"Yes!" He exclaimed. "I should of believed you from the very beginning, but anger clouded my judgement. Do you forgive me?"

I wanted so badly to say yes, but one little thought occurred to me. I had sang that if he cane back I would hold him and never let him go. But that's not true...because I have put myself through hell trying to get over him. And I want going to just let him take me back. That isn't okay.

I turn to face him and look him right in the eyes. "It's going to take a lot more than words to get me back."

I noticed Lola and Daemon watching the exchange from around the corner and I couldn't bare to face them.

I turned and got in my car. I didn't look back as I drove away.

~oOo~ Maxons Pov

I watched in sadness as she drove away. I sunk to the ground and thought about what she said. What else could I do besides talk to her. Suddenly a voice yelled at me.

"Hey!" The girl screamed. "Are you the one who broke her heart!"

I turned to look at the person. It was the girl who America had been hanging out with all night and the guy who played the piano for her.

I looked down sadly. "Yeah. I am."

"Maxon Schreave. Wow. I didn't think you had the nerve to come after her," The girl commented.

"Lola, your not helping," the guy told her.

"Shut up Daemon!" The girl, Lola, yelled.

"Let me do this my way," Daemon said and came up to me. "Do you love her?"

I looked up at him. I was not expecting him to say that. I was expecting yelling and maybe a couple punches. Because that's what I deserve. But not this.

"More than anything."

"Than don't be stupid," Lola piped up. "That girl is so head over heels in love with you it's sickening. So don't let her get away. Go after her. And don't stop till she's your."

I nodded with determination.

"Okay," Lola announced. "Lets go, Daemon. I'm done with him."

Than they walked away.

I would make her mind again. And I wasn't letting her go this time.

I needed to make a few calls to Delaney.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.2K 29
Completed: What if America didn't find out about her father passing until the morning? What if Maxon didn't hear that crash in the hallway the night...
166K 3.3K 97
What if in a parallel universe America never got picked for the Selection? She never went to the palace to win Maxon's heart? If they never met that...
9.5K 146 11
Not finished. Very sporadic updates. Hi! This is a book of what the Selection would look like if America told Maxon that she loved him that night in...
378K 7K 67
The beloved prince of Illéa, Maxon Schreave, has finally picked America Singer to be his wife, and the future queen of their country. Though everythi...