Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pr...

By JasmineDahlia

Evelyn Pearce has it all. The looks, the friends, the popularity, the personality. She never chose to be popu... More

Chapter 1 - Jerks
Chapter 2 - New Rims
Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes
Chapter 4 - College Party
Chapter 5 - Blue Eyes
Chapter 6 - Gentleman
Chapter 7 - My 'Friend'
Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Like A Zombie
Chapter 11 - Adventures
Chapter 12 - Not Alone
Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting
Chapter 14 - It Will Be You
Chapter 15 - Children At Heart
Chapter 16 - Chinese Food
Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out
Chapter 18 - Positive
Chapter 19 - La La Land
Chapter 20 - Possibilities
Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way
Chapter 22 - Young Man
Chapter 23 - Naughty Children
Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box
Chapter 25 - Magic Glow
Chapter 26 - Baby Names
Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us
Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses
Chapter 30 - Avalyn
Chapter 31 - Three
Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing
Chapter 33 - Beach House
Chapter 34 - Whole Again
Epilogue

Chapter 27 - Yellow

31.8K 677 36
By JasmineDahlia

Hey, guys! I didn't upload last week because of a slight writer's block. It's a disease. Haha! Well I hope you like this chapter and please VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you do! It motivates me to write quicker. Now, I jus tthought I'd mention how I'm almost done with this story becuase I think that about 10-15 chapters will be it for this book. I'm sad. ): Well, thanks for reading!!! :D 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Six Months Pregnant

Jake and I were walking hand in hand along the sides of a river at the park where we used to go once we were at Northeast. We had just left the hospital after my prenatal checkup and decided to visit the park in celebration of the well being of my baby and myself. Everything was good. 

I looked over at Jake as we walked in silence along the lake of the park. It was a beautiful place too, with a vast expansion of giant oak trees that gave a slight breeze and a covering shade to whoever stood underneath them. We weren’t covered by the shade though and of that I was grateful because I wanted to feel the sun’s heat warm my skin and seep through the soft thin fabric of my blouse where it warmed my baby bump. Avalyn was asking for the yellow sun.

As I watched the yellow morning sun glisten over the clear blue water of the lake, I didn’t let Jacob escape my view. He was beautiful. The way his milky brown hair shined with streaks of yellow under the sun had me captivated. His brown eyes were slightly squinted and they had that same aptitude of being silky and deep, so very deep. His tanned caramel skin seemed darker, richer, under the sun. 

And then his smile was bright as it shone against his skin, his features dancing and his teeth that bright white color that took all of my attention under its hold for as long as it wanted. It was dazzling.

“What are you looking at?” He said, eyes sparkling and voice alive and melodic.

“You.” I confessed with a sheepish smile. 

“What do you see?” He asked, stopping us and coming slightly closer to me. The sun shone even brighter on him from this angle and I was fascinated at the way the light gleamed off of him.

“Yellow.” I whisper and lock both of our hands together.

“Yellow?” He asks, his eyebrows furrowing a little in confusion.

“Yes. Everything about you shines bright yellow under the sun.” I answer and then let out a small whisper. “It’s beautiful.”

“Is it really?” Jake whispers with a sweet husky voice that tainted my ears as he he brought us closer and pressed his body against mine with our baby between us. He brought our heads together and the sun shined through the arch we created, his features shining in that exact color; yellow.

I nodded my head slightly in response, causing his to move a little too. I could see his lips forming a small smile and my heart jumped at the sight.

“You are too, Ev. Glowing in yellow and full of beauty.” He whispered and moved his head to leave a soft kiss on my nose. I giggled at the action. 

“Thank you.” I pecked his lips and he let out a low chuckle that made me want to be closer to him but I knew that it wasn’t possible at the moment. I loved that sound, the sound of his happiness and masculinity.

We reveled in our embrace under the perfect sun and I let everything around me fly away with the tingling breeze that blew on my face and hair, the calming heat that soothed my body and the top of my head. I forgot where I was until we pulled apart to throw rocks into the lake. 

I knew where I was now. I was throwing rocks into a river at the park alongside my boyfriend, Jake, the man that I loved. 

“Watch this, Ev.” Jake beamed, a rock in his hand. He threw the rock into the river and I watched in amazement as it skidded with perfect leaps across the surface of the water, sinking at the fifth or so leap. 

“Wow! How can you do that?” I exclaimed through wide eyes. Wasn’t that extremely difficult to do? Jake laughed at my expression. “Show me!” I exclaimed.

“Alright. Here,” Jake said, handing me a decent sized rock. “Now follow my movements.” He said, a glimmer in his eye.

“You’re eyes are dancing. You know I won’t be able to do this!” I said, laughing and Jacob laughed too.

“Not on the first try. That’s for sure!” He said and I stuck my tongue out at him only causing him to make fun of me further. 

“Okay. Go!” I say, smiling.

“Bend a little but don’t break yourself.” He says, bending his body a bit.

“Haha. You’re funny.” I say, giving him a fake scowl. Jake smirked.

As Jake moved, I moved. I did everything he did, or so I thought, until he let the rock go. As his skidded along the water’s surface mine plunked deep down into the lake. Shoot.

“Told you!” Jake laughed and I playfully punched his shoulder.

“Shut up! We’re not leaving until my rock jumps.” I say defiantly.

“Ah, shit.” Jake mutters, groaning playfully, and I roll my eyes. “I guess we won’t ever leave.” He says.

“We will. Just not until my rock jumps.” I repeat, grinning slyly.

“Damn. Those pregnancy hormones are making you bossy!” Jake exclaims but I could see through his eyes that he was joking, wanting me to bicker. Well, two can play at that game!

“Really, Jake, really? You’re being annoying! I want nothing more to do with you. We’re done.” I say, hoping that I was keeping a straight face and not giving myself away with those dead giveaway he and my mom spotted effortlessly. I tried keeping my voice steady and this was extremely difficult; I was the worst actress and lier ever.

“What? Are you being serious, Evelyn?” Jake stopped laughing at my seemingly pissed expression.

“Of course! I can’t put up with you anymore. Enough is enough.”

“You’re joking because if you’re not then I’ll just assume that it’s those damned hormones and I won’t leave you alone until you’re thinking straight. I’ll be your personal stalker, Evelyn. You better be fucking with me, Ev. This isn’t funny.” He said, worry and panic in his eyes but he tried to maintain his calm. That’s when I cracked and started laughing. Jake’s eyebrows furrowed for a second before realization hit in and he narrowed his eyes, shaking his head. 

“That’s not funny. You scared the shit out of me.” He said earnestly and for a second, I almost felt bad.

“Sorry. I didn’t think you’d actually believe me though, stupid.” I answer, smiling.

“Nah. I didn't believe you. There’s no way you’d leave me since I practically picked out Avalyn’s name. Duh.” Jake says, his voice playful and humorous. I chuckled a little thorough a raised eyebrow. His words made no sense at all.

“You definitely believed. You nearly died in front of me.” I said, crossing my arms on top of my baby bump.

“Hmph. Don’t you just feel powerful because you have a guy that loves you so much that he’ll practically die at your feet at the thought of losing you?” He asked, faking annoyance with slightly challenging eyes. Yet his words didn’t make me feel powerful, they made me feel like flying, like soaring across the sky with happiness and overflowing love.

“Powerful? No. I feel loved and happy. Like I can do anything in the world with you.” I tell him, looking straight into his eyes, hoping to display myself and all the honesty in my words for him. 

Jake’s eyes softened as he took in my words. He came to me in two quick strides then all I could see was him when he laid a wonderful brief kiss on my lips. I wanted more. This was one of those moments that all you wanted to do was curl up into that person’s arms to kiss and be kissed. 

Jake came so close to me, my heart pounding rapidly, then laid a soft kiss underneath my ear before whispering into it. “Would you die at my feet?” 

I nodded slightly until I found the strength to speak.

“Yes.” I whispered, the word uneven. Then if not for Jacob’s hands around my waist, my knees would have buckled and I would’ve crumbled to the ground when his lips brushed slightly against my jaw. The touch brought a sensation so gentle and powerful that I was overwhelmed with emotion, making me weak.

“Jake...”

“Hmm?” He murmured from his spot burrowed in my neck and face.

“I don’t know. But if you keep doing that then I don’t think I’ll make it through this day alive.” I say, my voice sounding strange to my ears in what sounded to be a husky female voice that I had never heard escape my mouth. Jacob must have noticed because I felt him tighten beside me and I heard the sound he made when he swallowed. I. Was. Going. To. Die.

Jake pulled away to face me with a face of clouded emotions and forced himself to speak.

“Come with me.” He said, taking my hand, and I gladly did so. Oh, God, if he did that again then I don’t think I’d survive.

Jake led us to a spot underneath the trees where we covered by the shade of a large oak tree. Our oak tree.

“Remember this?” He asked, looking at me. I felt a surge of overwhelming feelings and memories swirl in my head and heart. I nodded, smiling a little. This was so bittersweet...

“How could I not? That day was unforgettable. And the kiss you gave me on this tree trunk? That has been forever engraved into my memory.” I confessed, smiling at him. Jacob’s lips upturned into a sweet smile before giving me his dazzling grin. 

Jake brought us closer to the tree trunk and I knew what I would find. I wanted so badly to see it.   Jacob traced his index finger over the wood then he abruptly stopped over something. I looked closer and my heart plummeted in recognition at the heart. Our heart, the one Jake made, with both of our names carved into it. It stood out to my eyes amongst all the other words, names, and drawings carved into the giant tree trunk.

“Evelyn.” He said my name aloud as his fingers traced my name. 

“Jacob.” I said and touched the J of his name with my index finger before placing my hand on top of his where they covered our heart.

Then Jacob tilted his head and brought id closer to mine. And I waited patiently yet eagerly for his lips to touch mine. And when they did they were soft, sweet, and gentle, telling me that they loved me with each kiss until he said it aloud. 

“I love you.” 

“And I love you.” I said, standing on my tip toes to bring our lips together once more.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Please VOTE :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...
7.3K 866 13
[Vᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ 1 - Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ] Evelyn White was born with a gift - or rather, a curse: the first time she touches someone, she sees when and how that person d...
285 34 18
Evelyn is okay. She's at the top of her class, a Wattpad writer, and a rising star on YouTube. She's also a liar. Her parents fight all the time, bu...