Breaking The Rules

By lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... More

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever
Chapter 30: Not Turning Back
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 38: No Happy Endings
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 52: Stay Crazy
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 55: Lost Battles

477 10 21
By lost_misfits

Wendy's POV

Many Years Later

I laid down in the hammock, waiting for Tink to get back with dinner.

Suddenly the door flew open and I leapt out the hammock and grabbed my dagger. Tink's blonde head popped up.

"You're not gonna believe-"

I took a deep breath. "Woah there." Tink said with a smirk, pulling herself up and into the house. "You scared the hell out of me." I said, sitting back down in the hammock.

"So what is it?" I ask.

"Someone's here." She said with a glint of mischief.

"What?" No one was allowed on the island unless...well unless he wanted them here. Something was happening.

"Theres new people on the island. And I hear more are to come." She said with a smirk.

I stand up, and open the door. "Where are you going?" I heard from behind me as I drop down, ignoring the ladder. "To go see these new people."

"How will you find them?" She called.

"I just will." I winked.

I close the door and here a sigh from Tink. I look around, making sure to see no one. I let my magic explode as I shifted into a bird.

My wings expand and I quickly soar above the tree line.

I knew something was up, it felt like I had an idea but couldn't really remember. Something was heavy on my mind. I felt like I didn't have control of my body as I thought of were the people were. But then suddenly I saw three figures moving awkwardly. Those are not Lost Boys.

I dipped down and settled on a branch. I studied the two...adults? And a boy. From what I can tell, although I can't quit hear very well, the boy did not like the adults.

You're not the only one kid, I thought. I guess it just comes along with being on Neverland, you just have a strong dislike for adults.

Felix emerges and the adults look confused and the women looks as if she's already planning something. Fighting broke out. Well, it wasn't really much of a fight as it only lasted a few second before they both laid motionless on the ground. A weight was lifted off my mind. But the boy did get away and the others began to chase him.

This was all too suspicion. What was he planning? Just as I was about to fly away, I saw that the woman was still moving, alive.

I shifted back into my form and slowly walked over to her. She looked up at me, the pain obvious.

"P-please. Help." She pleaded breathlessly.

"Who was that boy?" I ask, still looking around, making sure to not be seen.

"H-henry."

"Henry? Who is this?" I crouch down to her.

"Help." She said once again. Although time stood still on Neverland, didn't mean I had very much of it.

"Tell me."

She looked hurt, betrayed, as if 'how could this little girl be so heartless?'

"We were t-told that if we brought him to H-home Office, they would de-destroy magic. B-but we were tricked."

I quickly look down at her. "You are ignorant aren't you?" I sneered. "This is Neverland, if you were brought here, you should have known death was in your future. You deserve-"

More people. I felt more people on the island. "More people are here." I say mostly to myself. Her breathing got worst. A heard something from behind me and I quickly shift into a bird and perch on a branch.

It was ... Rumpelstiltskin. Something big is definitely happening. I quickly fly back to Tink's, alarmed.

"Tink!" I call as soon as I enter the house. "Tink something is happening."

I settle down and tell her of what I saw and the information I gained.
"You left her for dead?" She asked while pouring the tea.

"Tink please-"

"It's just, I wouldn't think you would let a person die."

"I don't need a lecture." I said with a hint of annoyance. She lifted her hands in defense. "Okay, okay."

"More are to come, Tink. What will we do?" I ask quickly.

Tink chuckled. "You almost seem exited, Wendy?" She brought the hot tea up to her lips and lightly blew.

"Can you blame me? I've spent...far too long with no adventure."

"I'm sorry that my company isn't exiting enough for you?" She said playfully.

I gave a soft smile, but couldn't find myself to wholeheartedly laugh with her.

"And who knows? Maybe, someone knows how to get me off this island." I said looking down into my cup.

Her smile fell as well. "And by someone you mean Rumpelstiltskin?"

I look up with a sigh. "Yes."

"He always has a price, Wendy-"

"I know, I know. I just can't stand another century on this island. No matter how lovely you are." I try to lighten the mood.

"And who knows, maybe you could come too?"

"You know I'm bound to this island-"

"Yeah, by guilt." I say a little frustrated.

"You should know more than anyone that guilt is far more powerful than magic. It's emotion. And that's something you can never change. Not with a spell or a cure, nor a savior."

She brought up my secret. It was almost like an inside joke that we never spoke up. She was the only person who knew, and the only person I trusted.

"Well I believe in you Tink." I say placing my hand over hers for a moment. I then feel a little tug on my heart as I remember the details of my little adventure today.

Tink noticed and asks, "What else is it Wendy?"

"Well, I saw Felix today. For the first time in...too long."

She froze for a second. She wasn't really good when it came to emotions, and god knows I've got plenty of them.

"Did he see you?" She asked after a second.

I bowed my head down. "No. But, it was just weird. I just hope whatever Pan has planned, that the Lost Boys will be okay."

"Oh, they'll be fine. Their bloody Lost Boys." I looked up at her and gave her a smile. She was right. Because even though Pan can be their very end, he can also be their hero. They just choose to ignore everything else and see the good in him.

I guess that's the beautiful thing in the Lost Boys, they believe in Pan with every part of their being. Pan can do no wrong, and never fails. It's their way of living.

"I guess I'll have to take a look at these visitors in the morning."

~~~

Pan's POV

All is going as plan. Henry sleeps and we wait for him to awaken. His heart is strong and just being around it makes me exited. But this is only beginning, we have much to do.

"Pan." I turn to see Felix, with a slight smirk across his face. He's just as elated about our accomplishment as I am.

"Everyone you predicted to be here, is here. Now all we must do is wait. Is the boy alright?"

I nod. "Yes, of course. Just a heavy sleeper I presume." I give out a light chuckle.

"I talked with The Dark One. Everything is fine there. We shouldn't have much problem with him." He reports back.

I pat him on the back with a grin. "Perfect. The game is going just as planned."

"Pan!" I hear a low whisper from one of the boys. "Henry is awake."

I turn to Felix as we both mimic each others grin. "Felix," the boy hands me an apple. "let's play."

~~~

Wendy's POV

I wake up, my head lightly pounding. It passed after a while, but I knew something was wrong. Tink was already gone, so I thought I would search for these people on my own. I got ready for the day and slipped down the ladder. I applied my invisibility and began to shift through the trees.

It was like a pulse in my feet, taking me where I needed to be. It was a nice day, like everyday on Neverland, unless Pan willed it otherwise. But I tried not to think about him. I tried to forget about him. But, how could you forget someone like that?

I began to hear voices. Lots of voices. Alot of people were here, and from what I could feel, people with magic, strong magic. I slowed down as I approached the voices, looking from behind a tree, my breathing stilled.

"We have to save Henry. If Pan so much as touches a hair on his head-" A women's raspy voice said as I looked at the back of her head. She began to pace, but I still couldn't get a good look at her. I recognized that voice? And Henry, he was that boy I saw, who ran.

"Calm down, we'll find Henry." It was another familiar voice. Just as the women turned around, I instantly recognized her. Mary Margaret. Why was Snow White here?

"Snows right, we just have to have hope in Emma." A man said as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Well right now hope isn't getting us anywhere. I say we follow Pan's rules. Believe me, you won't want break his rules." Is that-Hook? Oh my, what is happening?

"I hate to agree with Hook, but maybe we should just play it safe." Emma looks over at Hook. He gives her a small smirk.

"Play it safe? When my son's life is in danger!" She exclaimed.

"He's my son too Regina." Emma says, causing a crease between Regina's eyes . Regina? The women stops pacing and turns around. My heart almost drops. "Regina?" I say outloud. Everyone goes silent.

"Did you hear that?" Regina begins to look around. I get nervous, but don't move.

"Must be one of Pan's spys." Hook whispers. Whispering is useless, I want to say.

Everyone is still. I slightly move my foot back, keeping my eyes on the group. Regina lifts her hand, and I am uncovered, my sheild faded. Usually I'm stronger than this, how?

Everyone's eyes are on me, and I can't move, not because of magic, but because I forget how to. "A girl?" Mary Margaret speaks up. Regina looks at me confused, but says nothing. She doesn't remember. Neither does Mary Margaret.

"Not just any girl." Hook speaks up, walking towards me. My heartbeat accelerates, and my eyes begin shift from each surprised face.

"Wendy Darling, Pan's little doll." His words drip with bitter sarcasm, only I would understand. I go to open my mouth, but decide not to speak.

"What's wrong? Surprised to see me again?" He let a chuckle fall from his rum covered lips.

"You two have history?" Regina says, looking from him to me.

"Aye, we go way back. I tried to save dear Wendy, but she decided to stay on this hell."

"You know I had no choice-"

"I don't care." Regina rolls her eyes. "You say she knows Pan? Maybe we can get information out of her? She can tell us why Pan wants Henry."

"I don't know why he wants Henry." I announce.

"Don't lie." Hook says annoyed. "I'm not lying!" I swallow.

"Wendy is it?" Mary Margaret lightly says, slowly approaching me. Theres so many people. I havent been around this many people in forever.

My throat goes dry. I nod. "You can help us, can't you?"

Regina rolls her eyes. "It didn't work with the Mermaid, its not gonna work for one of Pan's Lost Things."

"I'm not with Pan anymore. I left camp years ago." I say looking from each face to the other.

They all look at me. "So you'll help us?" She says with a smile.

"I-I can't."

"She's a liar. Of course she's still part of Pan's misfit group." He points an accusing finger at me.

"I-I have to go." I say, slowly turning away. But before I could even start walking, I get dizzy and my body crashes to the ground, my vision goes blurry and slowly begins to fade to black.

~~~

My ears ring and I open my eyes to total darkness. I begin to stand up, only darkness surrounding me. I walk around, my boots tapping the tile like floor.

"Wendy." I turn around to see the Shadow.

"What's happening?" I can't seem to speak any lower or louder. My voice is steady and I am in solemn. It's been years since I've felt this way.

"You are dying. And your magic is running out. You are weak, do not use your powers unless absolutely needed."

"Dying?"

"You, the island, and Peter. But you still have time to save the island. You are still the savior. Remember, this is your island as much as it is Peter's."

"But how? If I am running out of magic how can I do this?"

"You will know when the time comes." He flys away. I watch as he disappears into nothing.

~~~

I gasp as my chest raises, and I begin to cough. I try my best to move, but I am held down my hands. I can't see with the blinding sun in my eyes.

"She's awake!"

"Hold her down!"

"I'm almost done."

It feels as if my hair is being pulled out of my head. Finally my eyes adjust and I see Hook and Emma holding me down. The pain stops and they let go.

"What are you doing?" I weakly say. Regina walks up from behind me, a dream catcher in hand.

"Extracting your memories. If you won't tell us what you know, then we'll just have to pry then out of you." She proudly smiled at the object.

"No please-"

"Lets see what we have." She waved a hand over the dream catcher.

"Please-" I attempt to plead, but Hook's good hand covers my mouth.

We sat and watched as my life unfolded. Pan confessing his love, our first kiss, Nicks deaths, my betrayal and disappearance. It was all so painful. I could hardly watch. No one spoke and eventually Hook's hand moved off my lips, tears began to fall as the most painful memories played like a soap opera.

Snow watched me for a moment. She was the most compassionate of the group, her morals often getting in the way. I could see her eyes starting to fill with remorse.

In that moment I could feel so many emotions I've been trying to suppress. No one would understand why I betrayed him. Just because they can watch my memories doesn't mean they know of what I was thinking in that moment. They don't even want to know what I'm thinking now.

I try to understand why they are torturing me this way. Revenge? Revenge is a sticky thing. You want to hurt the person who hurt you, but you never think of the collateral damage. The collateral damage that can mean catastrophic damage to the other people.

Regina placed the dream catcher in her jacket pocket. It was silent, and all I could do was stare at the ground now.

"You loved him?" Snow asked obviously.

I passively chuckled. "It wasn't easy as you have seen."

"I'm so-"

"You shouldn't be surprised that she loved him! You should be surprised that the demon loved her!"

"Hook!" Snow exclaimed.

"Just think about it," Hook started as he looked over the whole team. "the unbeatable Peter Pan, has a weakness."

"This is ridiculous! You can't possibly expect-" Snow started.

"It's a perfect idea." Regina said, that evil brain of hers starting to turn.

"We could trade her for Henry." Emma butts in. If I wasn't the object of pawn and I didn't want Pan to know I was alive, I would have agreed. Would have. But this is different. And I can't bear to look Pan in the eyes and see all the pain I've caused.

Snow looked shocked and look over at Emma. "How could you say that? This poor girl has been through so much, and you want to throw her right back into the cross fire!" Snow tried to reason.

"I know it's horrible, but I'm willing to do anything to get my son back. And she's looking like our best bet." Emma says gesturing towards me.

"I can't believe this!" Snow says in disbelief. She's lost the battle. I've lost the battle. Pans lost the battle.

Emma walks away with Regina following, and Snow is left feeling guilty. Snow looks at me, looks away, and then quickly walks away. "Snow," the man I now recognize as David, or Prince Charming, chases after her.

Leaving me, and the pirate alone. "How can a boy of such evil love?"

"Hard, and dangerously." I say almost as a warning.

For a moment I think I see fear in Hook's eyes before he walks off, leaving me alone. Now tell me, how does this always happen?

~~~

From what I have gathered these past few hours of being held hostage, is that Emma has a blank map from Pan that will reveal the location of camp when she uncovers who she really is.

A tricky one, Pan can be. He knows people better than he knows himself and he can make them do most anything. He knows that Emma doesn't even know who she really is. He knows that they will do anything to get Henry, even if it means breaking his rules. And he knows just where they are at all times.

This group may think they know what they are doing, but I can assure you they have no idea. And although I tried my best not to watch Pan these thousands of years, I've come to slowly see him come apart into a more ruthful villain they will ever face. And for this, I feel guilty.

He must have spent so much time trying to forget me that he fixated on something completely different to take his mind off me. I can't say I've done anything much different.

"You, Darling, come on let's go. Time to see dear old Peter Pan." Hook called.

"Emma has uncoved the map?" Surly not? Pan would not give her it if she were to uncover it so fast.

"Not exactly." Regina said with a smirk as the map floated in front of her.

"A locater spell." I say to myself.

"Aye, now let's go." Hook pulled on my forearm, but I ripped my arm from his grip.

"You broke Pan's rules." I point out.

"So, we do what we have to." Regina says, annoyance grows in her voice.

"Pan doesn't like cheaters. I assure you this will bring you nothing but pain-"

"We get it, come on." Hook grabs me once again. I escape from his grip and sit down. "You don't want to get on Pans bad side. I should stay here, if this is a trap, he will take me and leave you without any leverage."

"She's lying. Tie her up, we haven't much time." Regina says trying to focus on the parchment as she walks away. I liked her better when she knew who I was.

I shrug and place my hands out in front of me. Hook knew Pan better then the others did, and deep down knew that I was right. But I could see that he so desperately wanted their acceptance, that he let it cloud his judgement.

"Go ahead, tie me up." Hook scoffed and tied my wrist together, as well as pulling a dark cloth hood over my head.

Hook lead me by the elbow and I could start to feel the darkness surrounding this area. The moisture in the air grew bitter and I could sense power. Pan. My stomach knotted up and nothing could possibly amout to how nervous I was.

"It's Pan. I can feel his Smugness." I heard Regina say, disgust laced in her words. I swallowed.

"You getting nervous, little doll." Hook whispered near my ear. Of I was nervous. But that was a weakness I wasn't willing to give up.

"Remember when you were willing to do anything to save me?"

"That was before you choose the wrong side."

"You aren't so innocent either Captain." I say with a hint of mock in my voice, just to get under his skin. Something I picked up from Pan.

"Aye, but I've chosen the right side."

"No you haven't. You've chosen someone."

I could her the hitch in his breath, and could feel the acceleration in his fingers as he held my elbow.

"Could it be, Regina?" I chuckled, "No, shes far to hard to get. The blonde, Emma is it? The savior is it?" I recall the story book from so long ago.

"How do-"

"I know more than you think pirate. And I know that you're taking a risk breaking Pan's rules."

"Yeah well, it's a risk worth taking." Emma said coming up beside me.

"You must understand, Pan is clever and ruthless, he will take no mercy on you."

"You mean on you? How long have you been running from him exactly?" Snow asked.

"Long enough to know I'm in just as much danger as you all."

"Guys? Whats that- Henry!" I take in a sharp breath as she calls out her son's name.

But even though I can't see. I know this couldn't be Henry. Pan is far more smarter than that.

"Hello Emma." I heard his voice call. Chills were sent through my body.

"Let me go." I whispered to Hook. His grip tightened and he gripped my other arm, pinning my hands behind my back.

"Where the hell is Henry!" Emma shouted.

"You broke the rules, that's not fair? Bad form. I expected more from you Captain." Pan said sarcastically.

"Aye, and you'll get it!" Hook forced out. Hook placed his foot on the back of my knee and pushed, forcing me to my knees. He then pulled the hood from my head and there be stood.

The myth, the legend, the villain. Peter Pan. For a moment I could see something in his eyes, something only I have seen before in his eyes. Surprise. But then he was back to the ruthless leader.

"We have your girl Pan." Hook ssid

"Now give Henry back!" Emma chanted, as if she's been saying the same thing for days. And she probably has.

"Sorry, I can't." Pan said with a smirk as if he knew more than they did. And he did.

"Cheaters never win."

The howling of Lost Boys surrounded us, but I didn't look at them. I kept my eyes on Pan, who wouldn't look at me.

Fighting broke out. Hook pulled me to my feet and held on tight to my wrist, while fighting off boys with his hook. I struggled to free myself, and when I did, I ran.

But needless to say, I didn't run far before I was caught. But did he really catch me, if all he said was my name? Was that all it took.

"Wendy." He breathlessly called.

I stopped in my tracks, my breathing unsteady, and not just from the running.

I slowly turned around to be met with a pair of green eyes. I couldn't speak. What was I supposed to say? I'm sorry for faking my death and breaking your heart? No.

He looked at me kindly, like I had never left. He took in every inch of me and when he finally came back to my eyes, my heart started to swell.

"Oh Peter." I winned. "Don't look at me like that."

He slowly lifted the back of his hand to my cheek, and then pressed his finger to my lips. "You aren't dead Wendy." He placed a hand on my beating heart.

Tears started to cloud my eyes, placing my hand on his. "No Peter, I'm not." I could feel a smile inch its way to my lips as I lightly chuckled.

"All this time, 115 years."

He smiled to his eyes, and for a moment I felt happy. That was until my heart was ripped from my chest and I feel to the ground, Pan's body above me. I look up at him gasping. He looked like a totally different person, darkness consuming him.

"All this time Wendy, and you never dropped by?" He mocked. His smile was now gone, and he kneeled to me.

"Do you know how I felt? Thinking that someone I loved thought the only way to escape me was to kill themselves?"

"I never meant to-" I attempted to say before his finger was against my lips once more.

"It took me decades to get over you Wendy Darling. But now that I have, and believe me, I have, don't think for a moment that I would show you mercy."

"Then kill me then! Kill me." I spat out.

He stood up and looked at me. There was no more compassion, no more love, no happiness left in his eyes. No more of him left. Only rage and the hunger for power.

"That would be far too easy Wendy dear. Plus, you still hold some value to yourself, believe it or not."

I ironically laughed through the burning in my chest. I've created a monster.

"I first I thought I wouldn't be able to survive without you, but as it turned out, as soon as you 'died' a weight was lifted from my shoulders. I needn't worry of a silly girl. I was more powerful with you gone. You were no more than a burden to me."

I will admit, his words stung. But that's just what he wanted. For me to hurt just as much as he did. But I know him better than anyone, and I know this isn't him.

I shook my head. I am a foolish one, but not much more foolish than Pan. "If you're trying to hurt my feelings, you can stop now. You've done enough damage."

He chuckled humorlessly. "I haven't even scratched the surface." He once again kneeled down to me, taking my face in his hands and digging his nails into my cheeks.

"Now let's get to camp, shall we?"

Okay, I'm not even going to ramble on about how I haven't updated in forever. I've been busy.

How do you feel about Pan's behavior?

I believe that Wendy made a huge mistake, and Pan has every right to feel that way. But you know, classic Wendy, making it all about herself.

Do you're thing, comment, vote, whatever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 7.8K 59
Charlotte had only ever heard she was normal. When she lands on Neverland, it's no exception. She, like many others, is just another lost one. With o...
11.3K 180 10
"Your brother and his heart belong to me. If you want to see him again, you'll belong to me aswell." I glared at him in anger. That boy was a demon...
758 45 23
"Do you really think you're more powerful than me?" "I am Peter Pan! You are not powerful." "Oh, believe me, you don't know what I'm capable of!" One...
4.9K 408 24
Book One of Pan of Never Duology Have you ever wondered what came after Wendy and the other Darlings? What of all the other children Peter has visite...