la sicurezza del capo :: gior...

By peachbois

What would happen if you bumped into the man you swore your life and morale to... ...and he didn't even know... More

capitolo 1 :: prologo
capitolo 2 :: un'altra missione
capitolo 3 :: aspettare l'inaspettato
capitolo 4 :: caffรจ e fiori
capitolo 5 :: visitatori indesiderati
capitolo 6 :: mio amico, il traditore
capitolo 7 :: venditore temporanea
capitolo 8 :: le campane squillano
capitolo 10 :: gioco che non puoi controllare
capitolo 11 :: il cane muore
capitolo 12 :: prima volta
capitolo 13 :: piรน che amici
capitolo 14 :: il giorno dopo
capitolo 15 :: esposto!
capitolo 16 :: inizio e lacrime
capitolo 17 :: amici
capitolo 18 :: il sole al suo nuvole
capitolo 19 :: una vittima improbabile
capitolo 20 :: K.K. Aria
capitolo 21 :: col tempo
capitolo 22 :: acqua salata
capitolo 23 :: soprese
capitolo 24 :: ammenda
capitolo 25 :: la fine di un era
a little bit about "LSDC"
part 5 special! :: all the stars get closer

capitolo 9 :: passeggiate notturne

6.9K 348 471
By peachbois

"Please, stay with me just a little bit longer," you whisper to your car, as it slowly rolls into the parking lot of headquarters. The gas is just fine, it's just the motor, so it seemed.

Slamming the car door shut with much disappointment, you storm into the building mumbling about how in the world you'd commute back to work.

After sliding your ID into one of the turnstiles, you walk over to reception and sigh. "Are any of the interns here today?" The receptionist nods. "Alright, well send one down to my desk, please. Thanks."
---
Minutes later (after you finished grumbling to yourself and changing into work clothes) you sit down at your desk. That's when a woman in her early twenties runs up, clutching a clipboard to her chest. "M-M-Ms. L/n? I'm t-the intern y-you asked--"

"What are you stuttering for? I don't bite," you add, smiling innocently at her. That only seems to make her a little less scared. "Well, do me a favor-- what's your name?"

"Marzia."

"Well, Marzia, tow the car with this license plate." You hand her a post it Note with some numbers and letters, and your phone number. "I need it taken into a garage or something. Have them call me once it's there, alright?"

She nods and then quickly scurries away. "THANK YOU!" You call after her. "Geez, the interns here don't get enough recognition."

After completing some paperwork to kill time until the next mission, You lean back into your chair, the front two legs coming up off the ground. That's when an officer walks over to your desk, cup of coffee in hand. For a minute, you thought he was bringing you coffee, but then he looked out the window. "That's your car getting towed back there."

"I know, I know. I'm getting it taken in."

"To a garage?"

"No, to a junkyard. Yes, to a garage."

He laughs a little. "I wonder who's gonna fix your car."

You shrug. "I have no idea! Some old dude, a college kid, an American girl with a Japanese boyfriend-- god knows."

"Why the last one?"

"I don't know. Popped into my head. You obviously want something based off the sudden conversation. What?"

"Can I lead the next mission, please?"

"Is the queen of England male?"

"No."

"Then, No."
---
"Yeah. Well, see you later!" You call to the receptionist as you exit the building. Looks like you'd just have to walk home. That was alright, I mean, the city lights were nice to look at and it was more exercise, right?

The dumb "businesswoman" getup you had to wear as before-work clothes were killing you. But nonetheless, you continued to make your way downtown. (Walking fast, faces past, and I'm home bound.)

You're walking past an alley when you hear some people arguing over something. It's not very discernible as to what they're talking about, but you decide not to stick around to find out. Someone says something along the lines of "there she is!"

...and someone falls out of the alley.

You quickly outstretch your arm and catch the person, their weight pulling you both backwards a little. "Are you alright?" You ask. Wait a minute...

"Giorno?!"

He looks up, a tad embarrassed that he just fell into your arms. "...hello." You laugh as he straightens himself out. "Oh god, you scared me! What were you doing?"

"I seem to have tripped," he mutters, which is clearly a lie. Shrugging, you smile. "Um...since you're here, do you want to walk home with me? I mean, only if you want to--"

"Of course." He gives you that smile that makes your heart melt, and you two continue down the sidewalk.

The sound of heels clicking on the concrete is comforting as you two walk alongside each other, enjoying each other's company.

"What was your score today?"

You look up at Giorno. "Come again?"

"Your score. For your game, if I remember correctly?"

Oh, yeah. The perfume saleswoman getup. "Out of 1,000, I got 700, which is pretty good, if you ask me," you smirk. He chuckles. "Interesting."

"What about you? How was your day?" You ask him. He looks ahead, seeming to reminisce of something. "The printer broke and I ran around the city for three hours." You gasp playfully. "Oh, no!"

"Yeah, the whole office building burnt down," he joked, which made you laugh. "Well, did you get a printer?" He looks forward again, then back at you. "Hm? Yeah. Let's hope it doesn't break again, right?"

After a little while, his hand laces with yours, something that when you look up, he doesn't notice he's doing (judging by how he's keeping his eyes forward). Pleased by the sudden contact, you tighten your fingers around his, which causes him to look down at both your hands, then at you, and then he lets go.

"Sorry," he mutters, shoving his hands into his pockets. You hold out your hand, offering it to him. "Don't be."

Walking around, holding hands, and looking at the city lights: you couldn't have found a better way to spend the night.

"Hey, Giorno," you ask, your voice just above a whisper, and butterflies going crazy in your stomach. "Um, thanks for being so nice to me all the time, you know? I appreciate it." You grip his hand a little harder. "I appreciate your company."

"I do too," he says back. You laugh softly. "I bet you do. I turn a corner, and there you are!" You two share a laugh. "I guess I am everywhere, am I?" He looks down. "We're friends, right?" And you nod. "Of course, Giorno. We're definitely friends."

"Then...you can call me Gio."

You look up at him with a sly smile. "I assume that's not a nickname anyone can call you, huh?" He nods, returning the smile. "You should feel honored." Giggling a little, you say, "Trust me, I do, Gio."

You look up to see you're at the bottom of the hill. "Oh, well. I hate to depart so soon, but it seems that I'm home." He releases your hand. "Talk to you later?" You nod. "Talk to you later." And with one last wave, you make your way up the hill.

After looking back to make sure he wasn't watching, you skip up the hill feeling like a Disney princess.
---
"I'm home, Sveta! Hungry?" You call out, closing the door behind you. Her paws patter across the wooden floor, racing towards the promise of food.

As you pour the food into her bowl, the looks up at you and then uses her paws to pat at your chest. You push her back a little. "Sveta, your claws are going to rip my shirt!"

She meows in response, only to keep on pawing at your chest. "What? What?" You ask her, looking down at your jacket.

"...oh?"

A single carnation is tucked into the lapel.
---
A/N

...yeah that's all I have to say
-Mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

678K 32.7K 26
"๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™  ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ž๐™–๐™ง" you say ๐—‰๐—ˆ๐—„ing ๐—๐—‚๐—† ๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐–ฟ๐–บ๐–ผ๐–พ "๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—บ๐—ฒ" "๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ?"...
36K 924 24
So yeah, Herobrine found out he has a daughter. Finding this out, he wants to meet her. He'll need help finding her in the real world, where he hasn'...
3.7K 226 24
Isekai'd to OPM , waking up in the weak body. Don't want to change the timeline and as I want to become a background character. But luck isn't on my...