Quiet || hs

By uniqueboys

In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her scho... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
Q&A
69
70
71
72
73
74
75

56

89.4K 2.3K 2.3K
By uniqueboys

"Yes!" Harry cheers us on while we scrimmaged for practice. "You girls are doing great."

"Coach is in an extraordinary mood." Abby laughs out softly.

Leslie eyes me from the other side of the net. "I wonder why?" she says, lifting her leg to stretch it.

"You really don't know how to keep your mouth shut about things Leslie?" Monique speaks from behind her.

"No, that's why I'm the bitch of the year, isn't it?" she shrugs. "Besides, I don't actually spill the tea like some people."

"Okay, what is going on with all of you?" Kourtney steps in. "Can't we all just get along?"

"I'd actually like to know the tea you have." Brit quickly speaks up.

"Brit, can you just mind your own damn business." Leslie groans, rolling her eyes. "And I know she told you." she says to Monique.

"Told me what?"

"What happened at the party?" she continues. "The kiss,"

"Wait, what?" Monique frowns, glancing at me. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Kiss? What kiss? Who kissed who?" Brit says, getting hyped from the information.

"Okay ladies," Harry comes over after talking to Coach Payne. "When we're done with the scrimmage, we will be going over everything about playoffs. Coach Payne is going to get the packets with our itinerary and we'll talk more about it then, so practice will be extended for how ever long it takes to go over it and what your questions are."

"But coach, I have plans after practice." I remind him and he inhales sharply, giving me a simple nod.

"Which is why I'm telling you this now." he says to all of us. "I'll give you five minutes to call your parents or whoever to inform them. If it's an inconvenience with the extension and your ride bails out, myself or coach Payne are willing to give anyone a ride." he says then dismisses us to make our phone calls. "Be back in five to finish the scrimmage and no side conversations because the longer you take then the longer you'll be staying." he announces as the girls ran to the locker room.

"Harry, is this your way of ruining my plans with Zayn?"

He looks down at me with crossed arms. "What do you mean?" he shrugs. "This is an important discussion we have to talk about before playoffs."

"And you decided to do it today. After I told you that I have to talk to Zayn." I point out. "What's the problem? I said you can come."

"I'm not trying to ruin your plans, I promise." he says, flashing me a smile. "For the next few days, I won't be around as much so Liam will take over practices and workouts."

"Really?"

"Yes, I have to meet up with my lawyer and wife– or uh, soon to be ex wife." he glances down at his watch. "But you better hurry up and make that call to Zayn because you have almost two minutes left."

I roll my eyes about to race to the locker rooms until he stops me. I turn back to him and he still had a smile on his face.

"You know I love you." he says softly, making me blush. "Please don't be angry with me."

"I'm not angry." I tell him before heading to the locker rooms.

We return to finish our scrimmage. Harry sat on the bleachers having a conversation with coach Payne. He did this so I could take charge of the team, but it was hard with one person who wasn't cooperating.

"Leslie, I need you to listen to the leader on your side." I say, getting frustrated.

"Kourtney isn't being a very good leader." she complains. "Can we switch to someone else?"

"Like who? You?" Kourtney scoffs.

"I mean the team would listen to me more." Leslie boasts. "No wonder no one chose you to be captain. I'm still surprised you guys chose Rylee and Monique."

"Shut up!" I snap. "Just shut up because she would be next in line if me or Monique weren't here. You'd be the last to ever be chosen."

"Ladies," Harry calls. "Why'd you stop?"

"Just a little miscommunication, babe." I wave him off and immediately realize what I just said. My body tenses as my heart races and I look around to see if anyone caught it. "I- alright, my side is only a few more points away from winning. You guys need to step up your game." I quickly say to cover my slip up.

I watch everyone get into position and Brit bounces the ball. I become a little more relax, glancing over at Harry who was staring at me while he shook his leg. I look up to see Leslie grinning at me and sends me a wink.

"Rylee, coming at you." someone pulls me out of my unfocused phase.

I gasp when I react, but the ball hits my upper arms and barely bounces off. It falls to the floor and I tensely look around.

"S-sorry." I apologize.

"It's funny how you were just criticizing me." Leslie laughs.

"Shut up, Leslie." Kourtney defends me. "You need to shut up now."

"Ladies, I'm going to call this scrimmage and leave Rylee's side as the winning team." Harry says, gesturing for us to come over to him. We huddle around him and coach Payne. "Sit down because we'll be talking about our trip to the city for playoffs." he tells us as coach Payne hands us packets.

-

The car ride to my apartment, Harry stayed silent. He kept one hand on the wheel with his head resting on his hand that was propped on the door. I felt like his silence had to do something about earlier. I didn't know how to speak up about it because I was scared for another argument.

"Harry," I call for him softly and he glances over at me.

"Yeah."

"Earlier, when I called you-"

"Over it." he shrugs, switching hands on the wheel so he can hold mine. "It slipped out and I love how normal it was for you." he smiles, making me smile as well.

"But the- the other girls probably– not probably, but definitely heard me. Coach Payne was there too and you can get in trouble."

"Knowing Liam, he probably wasn't paying attention or he'll simply forget." he chuckles.

I become relieve, hoping the same for the girls. We arrive to my apartment and Zayn's car was there, but he wasn't in it. We make our way up in the elevator where Harry becomes frisky. He hugs me from behind and kisses my neck. He steps away a bit when the doors open to an empty hall, so I grab his hand leading him. He says a flirtatious comment, making me giggle. I unlock the door, pushing it open and the smell of food filled the air.

"Rylee!" Zayn cheers, sitting on the stool.

I glance over to see the back of my dad by the stove and I push Harry out before he got in any further.

"Dad?" I breathe out heavily. "You're- you're here. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to cook my children dinner." he laughs, turning to me then comes to give me a hug. I quickly shut the door before he got closer. "Oh and I saw Zayn out there. He said he was waiting for you."

"Yeah, we were just going to talk."

"When I said no boys overnight, I meant no boys here while you're alone."

"Dad, he's just a friend." I argue. "Besides, now that you're here, we won't be alone."

"That's what they all say, but this time you got lucky that I'm here and he can stay." he squints at me then laughs. "Are you ready to eat?"

I stop for a moment and glance at the door, looking down and pretended I forgot something.

"I- I think I dropped my scarf on the way up here." I say, touching my neck. "I'll be right back." I move to the door then Zayn speaks.

"I'll help you look for it."

"You really don't have to." I mumble as he follows me down the hall.

"But I want to."

"Harry," I call him. He was standing by the elevator, waiting for it. "Hey, I didn't- I didn't know my dad would be here."

"It's fine," he sighs, holding my hand then looks behind me. "I'll just go get something to eat and you can tell me when he's gone."

The elevator door opens and he steps in, facing us again. He glances between me and Zayn.

"You know I love you." I say before the doors shut and a smile spreads across his face which disappears once the doors close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 20 26
Harry styles fan fiction.
703 8 9
Harry is a hungry vampire who has been abstaining from drinking human blood. Until he meets a pretty girl who is all alone and just smells delicious...
41.4K 782 25
An abusive, possessive boyfriend keeping Katie Rudd trapped until she meets Harry Styles on a vacation. Harry Styles fan fic
100K 1.9K 33
*Contains mature and explicit content!* A student who catches the eye of her teacher.. A Harry Styles fanfic with a bit of Niall on the side ;)