It started with you

By asher_rose

"What's so bad about me? Why do you hate me so much!" I yell at him through my tears and his body stiffens. H... More

01. Goodbye
02. Memories
03. MY BROTHER?!
04. Truth or dare.
05. That was a threat
06. House of cards
07. Fresh start
08. Halloween
09. Perfect Timing
10. Tipsy?
11. This is asher
12. Real. Not real.
13. mommy dearest
14. I wonder if guys can PMS
15. Thanksgiving
16. On top
17. Harry who?
18. Sour Patch Kid
19. XOXO
20. New wardrobe
21. Three greek gods
199K READS!!!
22. All cleaned up
23.princess
24. Its not fine
25. Distraction
26. Just a girl that likes a boy
27. Where were you
28. Youre with me
29. Youre not special
30. A tall glass of you.
31. I'll take good care of her
32. I want my bubby.
33. Im watching you baylor cambell
34. Surfing
35. Crack of lightning
36. That went to shit.
37. Hes hurting too
38. My girl
39. Birthdays and sex gods
40. Grunge rocker couple
41. You've got it bad.
42. Rosie
43. Soul mates
45. Understanding
46. Figure buster
47. Call me janis.
48. What are we
49. Dad?
50. Santa came!
51. Jump his bones.
52. Falling soft
53. With One comes the other.
54. Dont tease me
55. New beginnings
56. Take a look at my girlfriend.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt 1.
Alternative Cliffhanger Ending Pt.2
Book 2 and possible spinoffs
Book 2 published!!!
A letter to my fans

44. Heart in a box.

29K 872 101
By asher_rose

Beautiful cover above made by sarakandhro

-

"I miss the beach already."
I say as I flop down on our apartment couch.

"The beach had some good memories."
Asher says as he flops down on the couch beside me and pulls me to his chest.

"Yea it did."
I smile at him, my phone vibrates in my pocket and I reach in my pocket to get it.

'Carson city, Nevada.'
Is all the message says with a picture of my apartment complex. My heart is pounding in my chest and I snuggle closer to Asher as my trembling hand gives him my phone. His smile drops and his icy eyes return as he stands up and heads to the window.

"Baylor this is getting out of control!"
Asher's voice is strained like he's trying not to yell as he closes the blinds to our balcony.

"Yea I know. Let's just try to talk to him. We don't have to go to the police."
I offer and he looks at me for a moment before walking back over to me.

"How? His number is private."

"Let me take a walk. You can follow a ways behind. See if he approaches me."

"No. I walk with you or your not going."

"Fine but if he approaches don't do anything. act like you don't know about it. If he does approach us I'll...squeeze your hand."

"Fine when are we going?"

"Now."

"Now? Baylor your crazy!"

"We've established that already. So. Are we going."
I ask and he looks at me for a moment, puts on his stormy eyes and grabs my hand and leads me toward the door.

Once we get outside I look up at Asher but he's just staring ahead not speaking.

I don't see anybody besides a man about twenty feet down from us. The clawing in my chest reappears and the closer we come towards him the more I feel on edge.

I can make out blonde hair and my hands begin to sweat the more I look at him.

We're only a few feet away now and I keep my head towards the ground and pull up the hood to my hoodie.

We pass the guy and I let out the breath I was holding and loosen up my grip on Asher's hand.

"Calm down princess."
Asher says not even looking at me he just keeps his eyes straight ahead.

"I can't just calm down! Someone could come up behind us and shoot you in the he-"
I get cut off from my rant once again as Asher pulls us to a stop and presses his lips against mine. I feel my body relax as I fall into a pile of moosh in his arms.

"Better."
He says with a wink and starts walking again. What the fuck was that!?

I stare up at him in shock but he just keep walking with a smirk on his face as if nothing happened.

The rest of the walk was uneventful as we make it back to our apartment. When me and Asher open the door Cameron opens his mouth to say something then stops nods at me and turns back around.

Good boy.

I walk towards the living room but stop when I hear a door shut. I turn around and see that Asher is no longer behind me. Okay then.

I push open my bedroom door and walk in and lay down on my bed. I try to close my eyes but they just keep reopening and staring at the unpacked boxes in my closet.

My feet start moving but it's my heart that feels like it's being walked on.

I grab the closest box to me and sit back down on my bed. My hands stay frozen on the tape to the box as I stare at it. I just feel numb now.

"You want some help?"
I look over to see Asher leaning in the doorway to the bathroom with his arms folded across his chest and his stormy eyes in place.

My eyes drift back over to the box but I can't speak. I see him walking towards me and he sits down in the bed beside me and pulls the box towards him.

He looks at me for permission before slowly peeling the tape away.

He unfolds the top of the box and pushes it back towards me. The air gets trapped in my chest and I swallow the emotions that are building up.

I pull out a picture of me and Kaylee. We're both sipping on a straw in the same milkshake cup. We're about 10. I remember saying 'let's take a picture like they do in the movies!' And I grabbed another straw and put it in her milkshake.

I find myself laughing at that silly memory but tears still stream down my cheeks.

I sit the picture on my night stand and take a deep breathe before looking in the box again.

I pick up her sketch pad... but I just hold it in my hands. I can't open it, it'll just remind me of something else we will never be able to do together. I haven't even dared open my sketch pad since-. I shake my head clearing my thoughts and rub my thumb across her name before sitting it aside.

The next thing I pull out is a small fur pillow that was suppose to go on her bed. The bed that's now occupied.

I feel myself getting angry with Asher sitting here beside me. Angry that he's in her room. I shouldn't be but I am.

"Asher- will you leave. Please."
My voice comes out icy and I instantly feel bad at his confused face.

"Yea."
Is all he says but I can't look at him I just keep my eyes focused on the pillow in my hands.

After I hear the door shut that's when I break down that's when I let my tears soak her pillow that still has her faint smell. I bury my nose as far into the pillow as I can and suck in a breath as I let out a loud sob.

My bedroom door opens and Cameron walks towards me and wraps me in his arms. Instantly I cling to him and sob into his chest.

"Take your fucking meds now Baylor!"
He yells as he reaches for the pills that I stashed away in my bedside drawer.

"I don't want meds to calm me down! I don't want to take any medication at all! I don't want to rely on anything!"
I yell back through my sobs.

"Baylor you're not our fucking mom! You can take pills without misusing them! Now take these!"
He says as he shoves two small pills towards me and I swallow the fear in my throat and take the pills from him.

He gets up to get me something but a water bottle gets thrown his way and he catches it and hands it to me. I take the meds and after about ten minutes I start to calm down.

I timidly look up at Asher whose standing in my door way and he nods and walks away.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were going through her stuff. Asher had to come tell me to check on you!"

"I- I don't know. I feel bad for Asher though. I kinda snapped at him. It's just going through this stuff, knowing it will never be placed in her room made me angry that he's in it. It's stupid I know."

"It's not stupid bay, you don't think I haven't felt the same way? Do you even remember that we're both going through this! Hell all three of us are. This is a fucked up situation and we can all be there for each other. So stop trying to do everything on your own and let us help."

"I'm sorry. I'm stubborn alright."

"That's an understatement."
I push him and he laughs causing me to laugh too and he wraps me back up in a hug before getting up and grabbing another box.

"You ready?"
He asks and I take a deep breath and nod.

"As ready as I'm going to be."

-
New update at 200 votes and 35 comments!

A/N; hey guys! This book is coming to an end!:) hope you have enjoyed it so far!:)

ALSO IT WOULD BE AMAZING IF you could check out my new book 'The Prophecy'

Please comment and don't forget to vote if you're enjoying my book!:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 6.6K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
484K 21K 52
A new family has just moved in across the street, peaking everyone's interest for they're like nothing this small suburban town has ever seen. You se...
195K 9.1K 65
When you're a seventeen-year-old girl with anxiety disorder and a gorgeous, popular girl that absolutely hates your guts for who-knows-what reason bu...
103K 4K 36
Stacy Travie is a seventeen-year-old senior in high school. She's not the prettiest nor the skinniest girl. She's never caught the attention of a sin...