Elements: Rise of The Destruc...

By Mklng13

High school. Pretty normal. Homework, classes, some class smarty pants, class clowns and even a skateboarding... More

Author's Note
Same Old, Same Old (Chapter 1)
Plot Twist (Chapter 2)
...Sensei? (Chapter 3)
Targets Identified (Chapter 4)
Coach that burns! (Chapter 6)
Scars Don't Heal (Chapter 7)
Bandages can't stop the pain (Chapter 8)
Behind that smile (Chapter 9)
Love and Care the Orphanage (Chapter 10)
Separated at 4 (Chapter 11)
Orphan and adopted (Chapter 12)
Twins of Fire and Water (Chapter 13)
Super Strength (Chapter 14)
Just a replacement to you?(Chapter 15)
A Hole In My Life (Chapter 16)
Forced Passions (Chapter 17)
Family Scars (Chapter 18)
Teddy Bear (Chapter 19)
Mom? Dad? (Chapter 20)
Skates and Boards (Chapter 21)
Ice and Lightning (Chapter 22)
Not The Orphanage (Chapter 23)
First Battle (Chapter 24)
Staff of Misery (Chapter 25)
Orb of Portals (Chapter 26)
Relic of Reverse (Chapter 27)
As If I Haven't Already Raised Enough Kids (Chapter 28)
Something's Missing, but what? (Chapter 29)
Remember The Good 'Ol Days? (Chapter 30)
What's The Plan? (Chapter 31)
Meeting of Elements and Masters (Chapter 32)
Plans of Both Sides (Chapter 33)
Amy VS Captains and Generals (Chapter 34)
We Trust, You Lie (Chapter 35)
Sibling VS Sibling (Chapter 36)

Magic 101 (Chapter 5)

9 1 0
By Mklng13

"Man that training is hardcore," Brenton sighs as he walks into school with Alex.

"First days always the hardest!" Alex says with a smile, looking thoughtful.

"Yeah...good point," Brenton answers, stretching his arms out. He looks over at Alex and sees a bandage on his neck. "What happened?" Brenton questions.

"Hm? Whatcha taking about?" Alex looks confused.

"The bandage on your neck," Brenton clarifies, pointing to it.

"It's nothing, just me being clumsy," Alex answers with a smile.

"Well, be careful," Brenton advises.

--

"Why did Hugh quit? There's only a month-ish left..." Alex gets lost in thought.

"I hear he just didn't like the school at all," Brenton offers.

"I hope we get a better gym teacher than Mr. Hugh," Alex sighs.

"If you can even call him a gym teacher," Brenton scoffs.

"Hey everyone!"

Alex and Brenton turn their faces from each other and see a red-head. The woman has it pulled back into a ponytail, she also has freckles, all over her face. She also has leaf green eyes. The teacher is wearing a green workout shirt with black workout capris and green sneakers.

"Damn, she's muscular," Brenton notices.

"Woah, can anyone have that much muscle?" Alex adds.

"I'm Ms. Burns, your new PE/Health teacher. I look forward to working with you guys!" Ms. Burns introduces herself.

"At least she seems friendly," Brenton mumbles.

"Just a heads up: I'm not going to just make you run around the gym okay? Y'all are getting some proper exercise. Also, I got two different attitudes. One for PE, and one for Health. Just so you know," Ms. Burns warns, glaring over the students.

"She's scary!" Both boys exclaim at the same time.

"I guess...get a teacher who can do both, huh?" Alex chuckles.

"Haha, yeah," Brenton laughs.

"First time you've ever laughed at something I said! Mission accomplished!" Alex exclaims.

"....that was a goal for you?" Brenton questions, not impressed. But Alex was too busy being happy.

--

"Your magic does not just come out of nowhere when you want to use it. In order to harness your Elemental powers and control them, you must find it first," Ku explains.

"Find it? Is probably the question going through your minds right now. What I mean by that is: meditate. Look for your magic inside you. Try to reach it. Of course, I do not expect you to get on first try or to actually fully complete it, but try," he adds.

Of course before they get into magic...they need to get over their personal problems, Ku thinks.

Everyone sits crisscross, Alex and Ava decide to raise their arms slightly and have their index finger and thumb touching while their other fingers are raised.

"You guys look ridiculous," Brenton blurts out.

Brenton had his hands on his knees, almost grabbing them. Owen had himself relaxed, while Urana held onto her legs.

Ku is holding onto his staff, eyes closed. "Just relax and look inside yourself," Ku breathes.

"Ugh, if this means cryptic messages and riddles I'm going to lose my mind," Brenton sighs.

"I would enjoy it," Owen and Urana say at the same time.

"Silence. You will never get this done while talking," Ku instructs. They all shut their mouths and close their eyes.

--

A small fire burns on Brenton's head. The smell of smoke make the others open their eyes and turn their heads.

"Haha! The middle spike on his hair is on fire!" Alex laughs, which causes Ava to laugh too.

"What?!" Brenton opens his eyes and tries to look up.

"That's actually really cool! Erm, I mean, that's really hot!" Ava jokes. Alex laughs even harder but eventually it dies down.

"Well, you managed to reach something. Which is progress. But it distracted everyone else, which is not your fault. Now, everyone get back to it," Ku says, eyes closed.

Everyone goes back to their original position and close their eyes.

The flame held on. Everyone else, looking relaxed yet frustrated at the same time. The ground starts to rumble and water starts to flood the place. Fires starts on the cracks in the ground, the wind blowing in everyone's face and the light started to go dim, then bright, then dim.

Everyone open their eyes at the same time and gasp.

"What's happening?!" Brenton asks.

"Is this because of us?!" Owen questions.

"How do we stop it?" Urana almost yells.

"This is so freaky!" Alex exclaims.

"Sensei?! Can you open your eyes!" Ava cries out. Everyone panicking.

Ku opens his eyes and smiles. "This is more than I expected," Ku smiles.

"DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS!" Everyone yells. Ku laughs.

"Your magic has awakened a while ago...you are just freaking out so calm down," Ku explains.

"How are we freaking out? I mean we are now but before we weren't!" Brenton exclaims.

"Relax. Take a deep breath, emotions play a big part on magic. Your powers are going crazy because you are freaked out. Now just take a deep breath, and calm down."

Everyone takes a huge breath in, then let it out, and repeat the process. Slowly, the air calms down, the lights go back to normal, the ground stops shaking, the water disappears and the fire goes out.

"See? It is as easy as that," Ku nods.

"That was crazy!" Alex exclaims.

"But SO cool!" Ava adds.

"Forgot that, you TWO are crazy!" Brenton exclaims.

"Thank you," they both smile.

"I swear, I might just go crazy with these 3 here," Urana sighs, leaning against the wall.

"You said it," Owen agrees and puts his hand behind his head.

"And just why are you two getting along?" Brenton questions.

"Is that an issue?" Owen asks in a board tone, pulling up his hood again.

"Besides, Owen's the only other sane person here and, to your surprise, we get along unless we get different answers," Urana adds.

"Sounds like someone is jealous that he can't get along with anyone," Ava blurts out. Alex bursts out laughing.

"That's so not true!" Brenton protests, his anger rising by the second. A flame starts to burn on his hands.

"Brenton! Your hands!" Alex exclaims. Brenton looks down and sees the flames.

"I see," Ku strokes his beard.

Brenton turns back around the rest of them and gives them a are-you-seeing-this-dude look.

"You guys have much to learn and not much time to learn it," Ku concludes.

"So then teach us!" Urana exclaims, her blue eyes shining.

"I'm interested too," Owen agrees, pushing his hood back a little so you could see his face.

"Those guys are always so ready to learn," Alex 'whispers' to Ava.

"I know right? It's so weird," Ava 'whispers' back.

"Just look at how their eyes are lit up," Brenton adds.

Owen and Urana glare at them. "Well, that means we'll get far in life," they both say threateningly.

"They're doing the glasses thing again!" Alex and Ava exclaim at the same time. That sends Brenton laughing. Owen pulls his hood down and Urana rolls her eyes.

Ku smiles, he's looking forward to working with these kids.

"Pay attention! Your lesson is not over yet! To control your magic you must have a control over yourself. Emotions are a big part of your magic, but do not let it control you. You must be honest with yourself in order to achieve that goal. That is Magic 101," Ku instructs, pointing his staff at them.

"And in my class, there is no slacking off."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 10.4K 198
"For if the devil was ever to see her, he would kiss her eyes and repent." ___________________________________ Falling from 38, 000 feet after her pa...
137K 4.2K 61
(This book is shit... wrote it in middle school tried fixing it but I gave up. Good luck and don't take this book seriously) but it Y/n l/n a normal...
138K 3.8K 31
--- IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW---- hey there. I am in the works of creating a new and improved version of this series, starting with book one obviously. I...
79.7K 3.4K 31
You either become brilliant, or you get killed. When Alyssa was invited to a boarding school to learn magic, she was expecting something out of a Har...