The Alpha's Law

By HolyxHarold

Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she tho... More

01- The Alpha's Law
02- Torchwood
03- Torchwood High
04- Where's Ian?
05- You have got to be kidding me
06- What now!?!?
07- Mate who?
08- Jaley
09- Memories
10- Busted!
11- Over
12- Treehouse
13- Invite
14- Future
15- Party Part 1
16- Party Part 2
17- Almost There
18- Meet the parents
19- Point Place
20- Noah
21- Hospital
22- Training
23- The Beginning
25- The Trade
26- Steven
27- You're What?
28- Coming Out
Epilogue

24- Of The End

19.4K 670 72
By HolyxHarold

 The moon beams on my fur once again as we run through the night toward the pack house. Cassie, Kameron, Jace, and my dad take the lead as the pack house comes into sight. Apparently the red Lupei pack are on the border and killed two of the patrol wolves. They haven't crossed the border yet but are looking for a way through.

Jace stops abruptly in front of the large crowd of wolves huddled around Alpha Sommers. Jace, Jacob, Kameron and Lucas make their way to the front, ready to receive their orders. I follow Cassie, Lao, and Nick over to the group we will be fighting with. Dad stands next to Alpha Sommers and Mom takes Chloe and Ian inside the pack house. 

Chloe looks around a sad expression on her face. This is the one thing she can't do, be a werewolf and fight with the pack. For some reason that fact brings a bubble of joy to my chest. Why am I so jealous of Chloe lately? 

Jace's dad barks orders at each division of the pack. I look around at the sea of wolves I don't know the name of. it has become easier to tell who someone is just by looking at their wolves eyes. Some people I recognize from school, others from the pack house, and others are a mystery. How am I ever going to be a good Luna if I don't even know the pack. I need to work on that after all this is over with. 

Alpha Sommers barks out one last order and the pack goes into motion. Jace, Jacob, Kameron, and Lucas start leading our group to a spot in between both of the pack houses. It is our job to make sure no one gets inside or near the house. 

I trot beside Miles and one of his friends. The sky is pitch black but is slowly getting lighter. It must be about 4 o'clock in the morning. If I knew the Red Lupei's were coming today I would never have tried to pull that stupid all nighter. Hopefully I don't fall asleep while trying to bite some enemy wolf.

"There is supposed to be at least 50 rogues and at least 50 Red Lupeis. We are so dead" Miles' friend states almost matter of factly. Our side has about 200 wolves fighting but the Red Lupeis supposedly trained their entire lives for this. Apparently the pack goal has been to get Thomas back since he was taken all those years ago.

'Is Thomas really worth all this trouble?" I ask as we stop in a little clearing in between both pack houses. The view from each of the houses is clear and we are in front of where the Red Lupeis are supposed to come from if they try and attack the pack houses. 

"Apperantly he is the moon goddess's chosen one ad will lead all werewolves to take over the humans" Miles sighs sarcastically. Werewolves leading the world... It isn't that hard to imagine werewolves ruling humans. Of course I don't want that to happen but it might be nice to come out of hiding.

"It's all a load of crap though. I'm not even sure the moon goddess is real. We could just be a freak of na-" Miles's friend cuts off mid-sentence with a gurgle. I spin around to see why he stopped. A scream echoes through my head as I stare at what used to be a 16 year old boy. But what now is a lifeless bloody heap on the forest floor.

Everything moves at once moves around me as I stand still. Voices, howls, screams, everything fill my ears as I say nothing. Blood, iron, werewolves, and every smell imaginable floats around me but I smell nothing. Everything just stops as I stand staring at the dead corpse of what used to be someone. A son, a mate, a future father. Now he is nothing. I knew people would die here but I never knew it would feel this real. How are the others going on? This was Miles friend but Miles is not crying on the floor, he is biting the neck of some Red Lupei wolf.

"Riley It's okay. It's okay" Kameron's voice resounds through my head, snapping me out of it. I look around taking in all the fighting around me. It is surprising no one has killed me yet, with all the time i have been sitting here staring at Miles's friend. Come to think of it, no one has touched me yet.

I take one last look at the crumpled wolf on the floor, before jumping into the fray. I jump from wolf to wolf doing as much damage as possible. Each time a wolf goes down an indescribable feeling soars through my body. Maybe it is the fact I am protecting my pack and doing my part.

Jace follows behind me always trying to protect me but I don't need his help. I lunge at the throat of a silver wolf tangling with her past the rest. I can feel Jace's eyes watching me as he fights with two wolves by himself. This one is good, better than the rest, probably better than me. But she is slow and seems to be preoccupied. Almost like her entire attention isn't focused on this, which it definitely should be. 

We circle each other both looking for a week spot. Apparently she finds one because she lunges for my left hind leg. I roll out of the way taking a swipe at her tail. She dodges it and takes another bite at me. Again she misses, and we go back and forth.

The sun is finally appearing on the horizon as we try and kill each other on this beautiful meadow. Birds fly everywhere but overhead we as howls odd pain and victory soar away every other animal in the forest. Bodies lay on the ground, some ours, some theirs, some in human form, some in wolf form. 

A howl rips through the air as I take yet another swipe at the wolf in front of me. She dodges once more but instead of trying to bite back she winks and turns on her tail, following her pack back through the forest. No one from our pack moves a muscle watching them leave.

"What in the hell are they doing?"  Miles Lucas asks. Of course before anyone can get the chance to answer to wolves come trotting from where the pack disappeared? And of course one of the two wolves is Noah. The other one I am guessing is Charity. AKA the wolf I have just spent fifteen minutes fighting with. Both change into human form looking at us with a look of superiority. Why couldn't I have just killed her when I had the chance?

"Aren't you going to talk to us properly Jace?" Noah calls out, looking toward Jace's grey wolf. It kind of scares me how much Noah and Charity's nakedness doesn't bother me anymore. Now I just watch as Jace trots over to them, changing back mid stride. 

"Hello friend" Noah smiles clapping his hands together. Noah's arrogance and calm charade almost masks the fact he is stalling. I don't know if Jace knows that's what's going on but it is easy to put together. The way Charity seemed like her mind was elsewhere, Noah and Charity being her while the rest left. Something is going on somewhere else. Hopefully they will tell us what.

"Hey pal" Jace smiles sarcastically. Charity lets out a little laugh taking a step closer to Jace.

"What's going on Noah?" Jace asks his voice going into alpha tone. Noah seems unaffected, since he too is also a future alpha. 

"Well I'll tell you. It doesn't matter now, too late to stop us" Charity smiles putting a hand on Jace's face. My wolf stirs not liking the way she is looking on him. It also doesn't help they are both naked.

"Then what" Jace asks removing her hand from his face.

"By now our chosen one will have given our pack the scent, and your pack's valuable one will be taken" Noah says secretively. What does that mean? What is a chosen one? And who is our pack's valuable one? Jace's dad maybe?

Jace opens his mouth but no words come out. Seems like I am not the only one who is confused. Noah's head snaps in the direction of the pack house, and a smile spreads across his face. Just the look of his smile makes my stomach flip. Not to mention the wink Charity shoots Jace.

"Well we have to go now. There is some business to attend to" Noah smiles, disappearing into the trees. No one moves or thinks for a split second before everything is shot into motion. Lucas, Jace, Kameron, and Jacob start talking fast through the link thinking of what to do.

"Um guys. Don't you think it might be smart to go to the pack house?" I suggest breaking up their conversation. No one moves, thinking over what I said. Of course I am right, Noah actually looked over to the pack house before smiling. Of course we need to go over there. 

I push Jace forward starting to run over to the house. Everything seems different this time. There are no birds above us, the wind seemed to have stopped, and no noise comes from anywhere except the twigs breaking beneath our feet. Something is going on.

Jace runs ahead stopping abruptly at the side of the house. 

Hundreds of wolves watch as Jace's dad faces off against Noah and Charity's dad. They both rip at each other's throats both of snapping viciously at each other. Jace watches with a sort of detached look on his face. Both packs are completely silent and still, all eyes on the fight. 

I stare at Alpha Sommers as the other alpha takes a bite into his leg. A howl escapes from his mouth in pain and frustration. Jace stiffens next to me but besides that doesn't make a move. No one can interfere in an alpha on alpha fight. No one can do anything until one alpha lies on the floor dead.

My breath hitches as Alpha Sommers lunges for the other alphas throat. Come to think of it, I don't even know the name of the Red Lupei's alpha. Alpha Sommers misses and the whole pack draws in a collective breath. The other alpha grabs Alpha Sommers neck, pulling him to the very front of the crowd.  I look over at Jace, expecting to see anger or sadness or something instead, I see nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

With a load snap the red Lupei alpha victoriously ends the life of Jace's dad. A noise comes out of my throat and my mind buzzes. I don't know how to feel. Alpha Sommers hated me but at the same time he is Jace's dad. Oh god, what must Jace be feeling after witnessing his own father get murdered.

A howl comes from somewhere in the group as everyone starts killing everyone. If I though the fight back there was bad, it was nothing compared to this. Blood everywhere, bodies everywhere, and Jace's mom in the middle of everything, sobbing hysterically. I heard losing your mate destroys you from the inside out.

I back away from the scene, watching from the treeline. I know I should be doing my part but if I have to watch the life leak out of another person I might go insane. This is harder than I ever imagined it would be. it is killing me, not literally. But the one good thing out of all of this is that we are definitely winning. The number of alive Red Lupei's is very low and getting lower. They did not get Thomas and it looks like they never will.

I walk farther into the treeline ignoring the sounds around me. Suddenly everything goes still as something goes over my nose. I struggle and scream through the link but everyone is screaming through the link, no one can hear me. Alone I look around as no help comes and my vision gets darker. A human hand holds a white cloth over my nose with who knows what kind of poison I am sniffing into my system. I try and struggle but my body feels so heavy. I scream one last time before the darkness takes over my body.

________________________________________________________

Another cliffhanger! Well anyway, what do you think is going to happen? I love reading your comments. Some of you are really funny. SOrry if there are some mistakes I didn't read it over like I usually do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 121 30
Kira grew up without a world of supernatural creatures. Her family was apart of a secret agency. She didn't know of these creatures and her family ti...
32.1K 1.1K 36
With rogues on the loose and packs attacking each other, no one is safe alone, making Riley safer than ever in her new home with her father. Or maybe...
355 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...
50.9K 1.6K 39
COMPLETED, but not edited! 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 5 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. *⃝ In which a young girl is swept into the manipulative tricks a...