Flesh

By wolfywrites

New government. Missing people by the second. Who can you trust? Nobody. ~wolfywrites More

Chapter 1~Utopia
Chapter 2~Friends
Chapter 3~Mockery
Chapter 4~Motive
Chapter 5~Anniversary
Chapter 6~Oliver
Chapter 7~Alan Duran
Chapter 8~Immature
Chapter 9~Clues
Chapter 10~Mrs. McCaan's Story
Chapter 11~Jealously
Chapter 12~Food Truck
Chapter 13~Fresh Start
Chapter 14~Alone
Chapter 15~Liar
Chapter 16~"Safe" Room
Chapter 17~Flashbacks
Chapter 18~Open Up
Chapter 19~Eat
Chapter 20~Nightmares
Chapter 21~Change
Chapter 22~Picture Frame
Chapter 23~Red's Temper
Chapter 24~Escape
Chapter 25~Miles & Via
Chapter 26~The Truth
Chapter 27~Meet Drew
Chapter 28~Pressure
Chapter 29~Trust
Chapter 31~R.I.P.
Chapter 32~Truth & Confusion
Chapter 33~Remorse
Chapter 34~Hypermobility
Chapter 35~Fiona & The Grand Speech
Chapter 36~ The Good Guy
Chapter 37~Eternal Rest
Chapter 38~Pulse
Chapter 39~Hysteria
Chapter 40~Finale
a/n
info on book 2
prologue!

Chapter 30~Goodbye

475 31 10
By wolfywrites

Celeste's POV

I never had a clue that the Utopian headquarters were held in my basement. No sounds were heard, no people were seen, nothing. That just makes the lies dig deeper and deeper.

The two workers busted open the doors and dragged me inside my home, I looked behind me and saw Oliver being hand cuffed by another worker.

I sure hope this is part of the plan.

Red always frightened me, I never seen him or talked to him face to face but seeing him from a distance is more than enough for me. His cynical and derisive expressions give me chills.

Walking through the kitchen, I saw the faint stain of blood from my mother on the carpet.

I held back tears as I was lead downstairs to the basement. I was scared, more than scared actually, I was aghast.

"Hold the flashlight," grunted the man.

The man walked to the corner of the basement and moved the fridge over to reveal a door. The door had a touchscreen keypad, and he scanned his finger on it.

The door opened slowly and my eyes grew wide in terror.

"Here we go," said the women, and gripped my arm tighter.

I looked over my shoulder, trying to see if Oliver was right behind us, but he wasn't.

Suddenly, my arm was being held tightly by another person. A new, much stronger one. Swallowing the lump in my throat I strained my eyes to the side, trying to see the new person who is grabbing me.

Ellar.

That's what the name tag read.

Don't fight back.

Oliver's words were glued in my memory.

"Hello, you must be Celeste, Red talks about you all the time," spoke Ellar.

I nodded.

"You can talk Miss Hardy, I won't hurt you,"

I continued to stay silent.

"Okay then, well I will be taking you to The Box right now, there are two other people in there but just disregard them. It's to bad that none of them is your father."

My eyes shot up and frowned at Ellar.

"Where is my father? You have him here. I know you do!"

"No we don't Miss Hardy,"

"Yes, you do!" I shouted.

"We really don't," said Ellar, looking confused, "Mark isn't here."

Oliver lied to me. He lied to me and now I am going to get killed by Red.

"He lied to me!" I screamed and tried to pry my arm our of Ellar's strong grip.

"Woah there, calm down!" exclaimed Ellar, pulling me over to the side.

He was awfully close to my face.

"Who lied to you?" asked Ellar.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Oliver walking down the hallway.

I gathered up all my strenghth and anger and kneed Ellar right in the stomach. He loosened his grip and fell back.

I started to run in Oliver's direction.

"Celeste, what are you-"

He was cut off by my hand slapping his face.

"You are a liar Oliver! My dad isn't here! You lied to me and I knew that I shouldn't have listened to you!" I cried out.

"Mark is gone?" he panicked.

"Oh please! You knew that all along! This was all your plan wasn't it? To drag me to the headquarters and kill me! Damnit I'm so stupid!" I screamed.

"When I left to get you," started Oliver, "Mark was here, locked in a cell!"

"Stop lying to me!" I screamed and slapped Oliver once more.

"I'm not lying to you Celeste! Your dad was here!"

"There is no way I can believe you. I never should have came with you, you are a liar," I spat.

"He was here!" whined Oliver, clutching his fists.

"No he-"

I was cut off by hands being placed over my mouth.

"What is all the fuss going on here?" said A voice in a cheerful manner. I didn't have to turn around to see who the voice belonged too.

"Great job Oliver for bringing her back here," he continued. "But what is with all the drama happening?"

"It's nothing Red," answered Oliver.

I started squirming under Red's grip and kicking behind me but he did not budge at all.

"Don't beat yourself up to much Celeste, you will be dying soon anyways,"

"Oliver, go to the sanitation room, I will bring Miss Hardy to The Box. Oh and don't forget to set up the camera!" chimed Red.

Oliver nodded and sulked away.

Anger was ascending throughout my body. I could feel my face becoming hot and breaths become short. Oliver is going to kill me, I should never have gotten in that car with him. I am so stupid to think that someone who kills for a living would risk their own life for someone.

Now I was being lead to The Box, the waiting room before I die.

"Miss Hardy, I've heard so much about you," Red spoke.

My mouth didn't open to answer.

"Mark would always talk about you, to bad he isn't here to watch this," he continued. "But that doesn't stop me from completing his deed."

I shot him a malignant stare.

"Loosen up a bit would you?" he said and unlocked the door to The Box.

"Oh my god," I whispered and stared at what was in front of me.

"I knew you would say that," spoke Red.

"I'll see you soon Miss Hardy," he finished, and shut The Box door behind me.

But there was someone in The Box who I knew, someone who I thought was dead.

Miles.

Oliver's POV

This is such a mess! I had no knowledge that Mark escaped and wasn't here. This is a disaster, she hates me, she depises me and lost all of her trust in me. This is all my fault, I should have checked before hand to see if Mark was still here. Now she doesn't think that this plan will work, but I am still putting it into action. If only she knew, but she hates me and will never talk or listen to me ever again. I want to become good and this is a way to show her that I have a bright light inside of me. That no matter how long I was dark I can always turn my life around and save somebody when their hope is diminishing.

Those were my thoughts as I was setting up the video camera. Soon, this camera will be catching the footage of me killing Red, not Celeste.

This plan will work.

Those four words were all that I was repeating in my head while waiting for Celeste to come in.

We will be out of here in the next hour, and she will see that I wanted to become good for her. Because I love her.

Celeste's POV

"Miles?" I asked, slowly inching my way towards him.

He was sitting in the corner with his hands in his lap, he was focusing hard at the ground. But once he heard his name, his head shot up. And his mouth dropped to the floor.

"Celeste?" he said and slowly got up from the ground. "Is that really you?"

"Oh my god Miles," I cried out and ran into his arms. "I thought you were dead!" I was sobbing in his embrace.

"I thought you were dead too! Ever since the day Oliver bribed you to open the safe I had no idea where you went!"

"Miles," I sobbed, and pulled him closer to me.

"I'm right here Celeste," he whispered in my ear.

"I'm so sorry for everything, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't be trapped inside The Box right now," I cried out.

"Nothing is your fault, not even close,"

"And I'm sorry for treating you horribly when I was with Oliver, I know that I really hurt your feelings,"

"Celeste, that is the last thing to worry about," assured Miles and cupped my face in his hands.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Two days, but those two days seemed like two years,"

"What has Red been making you do?"

He slowly brought his hands to his side and backed away from me.

"I-I can't even explain," he choked out. "Unbelievable things."

"Where have you been all this time?" he asked.

"It's all a blur," I answered, trying to recollect memories from the past days. "To summarize everything up, Oliver ended up lying to me, he told me that if I came back to the headquarters with him he would help my dad and I escape. But he lied to me, my dad isn't here and now he's going to kill me!"

"He's not going to kill you," said Miles.

"Yes he did! I heard Red telling him to set up a video camera in The Sanitation Room!"

Once I said those words Miles became pale.

"Is everything alright?"

"Did you say The Sanitation Room?"

"Yeah, do you know something about it?"

He nodded.

"Red makes me work in there,"

"What is your job?"

He paused and then took a deep breath.

"He makes me torture people," he cried out.

Miles torturing people? That is one thing that can't be put together in my mind. Miles would never come close to doing such a thing like that.

"No," I said and grabbed Miles by his hand. "He forces you?"

"Yes," he sobbed, "he made me kill Alan Duran!"

Alan Duran. The annoying kid who I hated, the one who would tell me all the horrible and "untrue" things about the government. But the whole time, Alan was right.

Suddenly I heard a faint coughing sound from across the room. I turned around and saw a young blonde girl standing up.

"Hi, um, sorry to interrupt but I should probably introduce myself. My name's Olivia, Via for short."

I continued to gaze at this women, waiting for her to tell me more.

"Um, well, I am Red's... niece," she squeaked out.

Once those word's came out from her mouth I hopped over the couch and attacked her.

"Woah Celeste! Stop!" called out Miles as he ran over to me.

"You bitch! Why aren't you stopping any of this? You know Red personally! Why can't do you anything to stop this?" I screamed while hitting her across the face.

"Get off of me!" she sobbed and I was then pryed off by Miles.

"That's a nice way to introduce yourself Celeste!" scolded Miles.

"It's fine it really is," said Olivia. "This isn't the first time it has happened, many people do it, they think just because I am related to Red I can somehow stop all of this," she said as she gestured to The Box.

"You know the reason behind the government right?" I asked Miles, assuming that he knew so I wouldn't have to say those words.

"No, nobody has told me,"

All of a sudden, The Box doors were being opened by Ellar. It was time to go.

"No!" shouted Miles as Ellar grabbed me by the arm.

"Miles!" I screamed and tried to resist against Ellar's force. But he was to strong.

I tried kicking him in the stomach again but this time he was wearing a body suit so nothing would have affected him.

"Celeste!" screamed Miles as The Box doors were shut and we were once again separated.

Tears were coming down from Mile's face and the same was happening to me.

I never even got to say good-bye.

Author's Note:

The story is agonizing. I keep on dragging out the process and increase the anticipation for the readers! All I am going to say is that someone will be dying in the next chapter.

-wolfywrites

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999 155 22
The dead have invaded Earth, the social grid has been destroyed. Anarchy runs hand in hand with chaos and destruction. Thorne's town has been over...
140K 1.6K 16
*Dark Short Story with triggers including abuse/torture and violence, sexual assault, stalking and home invasion* Someone has been been following me...
13 0 4
This is a novel where a secret organization captures individuals and places them in a hospital where they will put them to sleep to enter another wor...
61.3K 589 8
It's been five years since the plague struck. Leah knows there are other survivors, but she's avoiding them. She is doing just fine on her own. Survi...