Unorthodox (BOOK 1)

corliss_b tarafından

Book One of the Unorthodox Duology Random Person P.O.V It's raining. It heavily falls but the showers doe... Daha Fazla

Words of Mine
Part 1 (Recruitment)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Part 2- Rebelling
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 |1|
Chapter 25 |2|
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 |1|
Chapter 30|2|
Sneak Peek of Heterodox
Heterodox (BOOK 2)

Chapter 8

120 27 45
corliss_b tarafından

~Vesper~

" I think I like this arrangement, Dreads. Instead of me trying to find you for our daily appointments, you could reach me right here and get it over with. "

"I am not here for that and I think you are smart enough to know why."

"Actually NO, I DON'T KNOW-."

"Which leads me to the conclusion that the only thing your head is full of is void."

Man that dropped faster than a mike.

"Are you dissing me?" Lance laughs, releasing his grasp of the boy's t-shirt. This results in a another excruciating yelp as he drops heavily on the tiled floor.

Lance was holding him at quite a height.

Circe dashes over to the boy, I bet, to see if he was okay. I doubt it. His t-shirt was updating to the version of uneven red polka-dots. And that is never good unless you are dressing for Halloween as road-kill.

I avert my eyes back to Lance as he stands rather imposingly, with a look of composure. On Lance, it's a warning. It is an expression that is hard to read. You could never know what he might actually be spending time thinking about. However, with how things are going, I know. His thought is a speeding train on a one way track. And I'm tied to these tracks. We all know the outcome.

I ditch fate.

I have to untie my chords that restricts my limited freedom and jump of that track. I have to take care of Lance.

And just that phrase, opens another function in my brain; the mental face palm. And my brain is abusing this power.

'Do you have some death wish?' my brain screams.

'Today I do.' my heart responds coolly.

'This death isn't noble. I thought that you would realize your stupidity when you took your first step.'

' And that's the problem, ' Heart says, maybe turning her back, 'You think too much.'

Well, that settles it. Seems like I'll testing out my big guns on the captain of the football team. My description of big; referring to my muscles; mean zero to the zero power if possible.

You have the honor of preparing my eulogy.

"Do you have some plan or strategy?" asks a voice blowing into my ear. Talon. I always seem to forget his presence.

"No," I answer back with my eyes still trained on Lance," This is as far as my mind got."

Talon sighs. "I was hoping you wouldn't say that."

I glance back at him. "And I'm guessing you don't either, correct?"

"Affirmative."

I look to see Circe trying to hoist the boy to his feet. Her intentions must be to carry him to the nurse's office, but does she know the way? Yeah, she does.

"I have a feeling that you're trying to stand up to me," Lance smiles smugly, "But I must be wrong. You got tenfold of your treatment to Lorraine this morning. You should have learned."

"For the first time, you are actually correct on something," I shoot back, "Just that I have ignored your teachings."

"Then you really are stupid!"

"That's rich coming from you."

The color of crimson rushes to his face as his jaw visibly tenses. "So you're just gonna stand there? Too scared?"

"Yeah. You're on a roll today; you're right again on the first part. Such an accomplishment. But as for the scared part...nah. I think I could cope."

I don't know where these words were coming from.

And I don't know if I'll walk, such less stand after this.

But it feels awesome.

"I am going to give you a pounding you'll never forget," he bellows as he cracks his knuckles, "You'll regret ever talking smack to me, Dreads."

"Not quite sure about that."

A fist quickly flies to my stomach. No connection. The hips that girls are bestowed with swung left, dodging the attack. I didn't get time to rejoice this tactic as I felt pain shoot up my shoulder. Seems like he got me there.

Without time to recover, Lance slams my frail, cursed body into someone's locker. Wham! One punch sinks into my guts, re-arranging organs. Another then another. I am sinking further into the poor door. I make no effort to double over, knowing that he would just break my spine with his metal hand.

I am seeing a lot of things. I see stars.
I see blood.
I see my dad sticking plasters on me.
I see a blurry ball of tan repeatedly laying blows in one area. I bet my tears were spilling over now. Whoomph!

There goes my spleen.

"Regret it yet?" Lance pants.

A scream passes through my busted lips as I feel my eyes bulge from the pain. There's his response. Lance grins hungrily. Don't ask me how I know.

Suddenly, I feel relief. I can no longer feel the rough, crater-making fist against my rib cage. Yes, the pain is still there, but it eases. My eyes search around in a frenzy, trying to understand my situation. I am sitting battered on the floor because of Lance. Now, I feel barely anything. Lance will never leave of in the middle of a beating.

"Have you no shame?!" someone growls,"What kind of person hits a girl, let alone beat her up?"

I hear someone grunt in pain. It was the sound that I never heard but knew. It was Lance's.

Then I spot him. Lance is keeling over as Talon buries fists into his torso. Lance tries to fight him of but it is in vain. Talon dodges every blow.

"Why are you just standing there!" Lance croaks, trying to turn around, "Guys, get this punk off me!" All of a sudden, Lance's face melts in shock. And the cost of his face is... priceless!

Talon smirks. "Your guys left you, punk. They ran, thinking that some teacher caught them. Too bad it was just Vesper over there."

I sit in silence and shock. There is nothing much I could do except watch someone I barely know fight for me. I watch as Talon knocks him to the floor and kicks the disgraced boy before me. Finally, he turns around. His stormy grey eyes looks me over and I see a flash of pain cover them.

In no time he is by my side, rambling questions.

"Are you okay? How do you feel? What-."

I look back at him, curiously. " I have no doubt that my guts are mincemeat and you ask me if I'm okay?"

"You're right, " he rushes out, checking me for any scratches, " I'm sorry. I didn't think this would happen. You were getting pulverized and I just stood there-."

I snatch my arm away from him. "Don't worry about me. Yeah, you came in a bit late but at least you came. Thanks, but I think I can handle myself."

He looks at me incredulously. "This,"he says, indicating to my bruised body, " is not handling yourself! You are hurt!"

"Look," I snap, "I'm in no mood to argue with you. I am not helpless. I've dealt with worst fights than this and survived. I know I am sounding ungrateful but it is something I have to deal with alone."

"We both know that's crap! Can you even stand up?"

Attempting to answer his question, I get up shakily, ignoring the pain that runs through me. "I am going to the nurse and get some plasters for these bruises. You focus on either hiding Lance's half-dead body or getting to class. You already built quite a reputation for your first day."

I feel his eyes on me as I walk down the empty hall. Using the lockers as a crutch, I stagger shakily with each step. As I was doing this, my brain was lecturing me.

'Yeah, you could handle it!' it badgers, 'You didn't even have a plan. And let's not forget you running your mouth as if you could have actually done something! I hope you realize that you missed two whole periods of biology. And that you need some plasters for your bruises. And that the Lost & Found can't save you twice in one day. People will start thinking that you pack a whole suitcase of clothes replicas...'

Suddenly, I find my feet completely off the floor but moving at high speed. The first question racing through my head; since when can I fly?

Then I realize that I am being quite jolted in my hovering. I look up.

"Talon?"

He ignores me as he continues mumbling directions to himself.

"Talon!"

"You have to be stupid if you think I would walk away as you stagger to the nurse."

"You'll be-."

He shushes me. "Shut up and just tell me where the nurse is."

I look up disbelievingly. "You're telling me that you are just running through halls and don't have a clue as to where you're going?" I try to wriggle out of his grasp but in vain. Man, he's strong!

"Where we're going," he corrects me, "And no, because I didn't have time to get a proper tour of this place."

I sigh. What else could I do? I am getting nowhere with this guy. Literally. He is serious. Might as well do the job Ms Gaite assigned me with.

I peep in front of me. "You're going the wrong way. Turn right."

*&*&*&*

Okay peoples!

How do you like this one? I am promising you that many good stuff will be happening soon. Just stick with me for a few more chapters and you shall see the light!

What do you think so far about Talon? And Circe? Tell me in your comments!

(Lance Above)

Don't forget to Vote, Share, Comment!

Eat my bookworms! Dessert is coming soon!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

499 51 26
This world works in mysterious ways.... On one hand there is great good, on the other, you wish you never knew it existed- Since the start of the Glo...
14.3K 1.3K 50
I kicked the doors open which lead me into a massive hall filled with people with dresses which screamed richness.As I looked around I saw the man wh...
287 22 73
Certainly they could trust that those in power ultimately had the best interests of the people in mind, right? ~~~ Luna slouched low in her seat, st...
9.9K 350 45
Book I of 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 After feeling invisible for so long she finally was seen by the one boy that was supposed to be off limits...