Edge of Glory | Supergirl 1

Door LittleRaven96

Katherine-Katie- Schott, twin sister to Winslow-Winn Schott, is the best friend of Kara Danvers, AKA Supergir... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Cover for Book 2
It's up

Chapter 30

707 20 9
Door LittleRaven96

Leah sat next to Winn on the couch, her head on his shoulder, "I didn't realize how much I missed my parents until now."

Winn kissed her forehead, "It's understandable." He sighs, allowing her to shimmy closer to him, "I don't want you thinking about it too much." Both of them jumped when the window opened.

"It would be so easy to kill you."

Leah stood up at the sound of her father's voice, "Get out."

"I need you to come with me."

"She's not going anywhere with you." Winn put a hand up as if he was protecting Leah.

"You have no part of this, human. I come for Astra. Not myself." Leah walked forward, realizing what he meant.

"Leah, no."

"I'll be alright."

Leah flew behind Non, up into the air, her eyes caught sight of Kara, but she was silent as she stared. Leah flew up, parallel to Non, as she looked down at Astra's coffin. "She would have wanted you here. It is our custom for a surviving female to lead the rites. Do you remember the Prayer for the Dead?"

Leah again looked back at the coffin, she waved her hand over it, revealing Astra's face, she inhaled deeply, "You have been the sun of our lives. Our prayers will be the sun that lights your way on the journey home." Leah looks up from her sniffling, "We will remember you in every dawn." Leah's voice breaks, "And await the night we join you in the sky. Rao's will be done."

Non looked at his daughter, almost proud that she remembered the Prayer for the Dead that he had taught her. He put his hand on the coffin, pushing it. He turned to her, speaking softly, "I shall observe the period of mourning. And then, Kara Zor-El, Ka-El the next coffin shall be yours."

Leah shot her hand out, grabbing Non's suit before he flew out, "Even though you wish to kill us soon." A tear fell down her cheeks, "I have one wish."

Non stopped his movement, "What is your request?"

Leah looked at her father, "Forget for a moment that we are enemies, forget that we have fought battles against each other and treat me as if we were back on Krypton before its demise. Just for this moment, Father, would you please give your daughter a hug," Non almost hesitated, but slowly pulled Leah in for a hug, which she returned. Her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. She felt as if she were young again, a small girl, clinging to her father after a nightmare.

Non pulled away, his eyes almost soft as he looked at Leah, "In this moment, I shall treat you as my daughter." He took her hand, "I want you to remember that I love you, almost as much as your mother."

"Then why do you-"

"And that moment is gone." Non moved away from her before she could make him shed tears, "Our moment of peace will soon end. Wait for that day to come, my dear daughter."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

"How long before Non returns?"

"Two weeks." Kara answers, her arms crossed, "We give up daily toil and lend our hearts to the loved ones making the journey home to Rao, the sun god. We light their way."

"And you think he can be trusted to observe this mourning period?"

Leah held a glare, "Do you think he's going to let his wife walk alone in the dark?"

"I simply-"

"Thank you." Alex spoke, "For coming in."

Kara had the same angered expression as she looked at Hank, "We're at war. We're going to have to do a lot of things we don't want to do."

"Ma'am. Sorry to interrupt. Prisoner 5090 is demanding to see you."

Leah put her hand on the table, looking at Kara, "The days just keeps getting better." Kara and Leah walk into the holding cell.

"Back to your old self, I see."

Leah crossed her arms, "I suppose we owe you a thank you."

Max scoffs, "You owe me more than a thank you. I assumed my heroic save would earn me early parole."

"So you can tell the world who I am? Put my family in danger? Try to kill me again?"

"I'm just trying to protect the planet."

Leah rolled her eyes, "From what? From us?"

"When the gods walk the Earth, it's us tiny mortals who end up suffering." Kara rolled her eyes, both heroes turning to leave, "So nothing for my largesse then?"

"I was told you asked and received Netflix."

"You thought I was dangerous before. You have no idea how dangerous I get when I'm bored."

"I recommend Call the Midwife."

Max slammed his palm against the glass wall of his cell, "Without me, you'd be dead!"

"Without you, the world is a better place."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie looked at the desk in front of her, "Winn, what are we going to tell Kara?"

"Uh..." Winn scratched the back of his head, "Good questions. I pass."

"We're not playing a game." Katie smacked his arm, "And is Leah going to show up today?"

"Currently no..." Winn fumbled with his hands, "She's kind of flying around the city, searching for people and things to save."

"Oh God..." Katie put her hand on her head, she groaned, feeling another headache coming on.

"What have you learned about Daxamites?"

"Slavery is legal on Daxam. Daxamites engage in public shaming after a person is found guilty. Daxamites don't consider homosexuality an issue. Daxamites new relationships with big parties."

"And what do you say when you meet the Prince."

"None of that."

"Hey, Katie." Winn put his hand on Katie's shoulder, "You okay? You kind of zoned out there."

"Yeah." Katie blinked, "Yeah, I'm fine... I just... I was thinking of something."

"Arrogant, self-righteous daxamite."

"Their race are selfish-bullies, who care more about their own profit than the welfare of others."

Katie turned when she noticed that Winn had walked off, waiting for Kara to exit the employee elevator. She quickly walked over to him, for some reason she suddenly really despised something called a Daxamite.

"Hey, we have a problem."

Kara looked at Winn and Katie nodding her head, "Yeah, I know. I have two weeks before my uncle launches an actual blood feud on this planet."

Winn followed behind Kara, stammering, "Yes, that is very bad, granted, but this is up there-"

"Oh, Winn, I will deal with Miss Grant. I know she's upset with me, but her and I have been through a lot and what..." Kara paused, "Why is there a desk here? And, uh, how do you pronounce that name?" She jumped, turning, "Uh, good morning, Miss Grant."

"Ker-rah. Hmm, I see you've met Siobhan."

"I'm sorry, who?"

A brunette extended her hand, "Good morning. Siobhan Smythe."

Katie tilted her head, mumbling, "I knew a Sebastian Smythe in high school."

Kara slowly released Siobhan's hand, "You pronounced that name... correctly."

"Well, I could see that your job was beginning to strain your abilities, so I took it upon myself to hire another assistant to help you. Assistant number one, meet assistant number two."

Kara reeled in, "I'm two?"

"Your coffee, Miss Grant. I hand-pressed it myself using beans grown in the shade of guava trees on the slope of Mount Baru in Panama."

"Uh, your latte, Miss Grant. From Noonan's. Your favorite." Winn and Katie glanced over at each other, then looked back at their computers.

"Get Olsen and Lane into my office. I need someone to take notes."

"Uh, I got it!"

"Assistant number one, come with me."

Winn got up from his seat, "Oh, uh... How long do you think Cat's new Mini-Me will last?"

"Not long. No, Cat is mad at me so she hired someone else to teach me a lesson. I mean, the poor girl is a pawn, really. I kinda feel sorry for her, actually."

Katie nodded, "Sure, yeah..."

"I do." Kara tries, but she wasn't being very convincing, "So, I'm going to give her a chance."

"That's Supergirl's line. It's okay for Kara Danvers to be upset."

Kara chuckles, "I'm not upset."

Katie pointed down, "I see that. You just broke your phone." She turned around, looking at Winn as they both sat back down. "She's upset."

"Oh, yeah." Winn nodded, sitting back in his seat.

James walked out of Cat's office, over to Kara, "We need to talk."

Siobhan stood up, "I can help you, Mr. Olsen. Miss Grant said I was to handle all matters with department heads. And on a personal note, it would be an honor to assist an artist of your caliber."

James chuckles, "Maybe some other time." He turned back, "Kara?"

"Sure."

Katie typed at her computer, holding her head again.

"I hate them!"

"We understand that honey, we do, but we must hold our end of the contract. Once you are of right age you-"

"No! They are selfish, self-absorbed, I want nothing to do with them!"

"Stupid Daxamites!"

Winn jumped at Katie's sudden exclamation, "What?"

Katie looked over at Winn, covering her mouth, "Something's wrong..."

"I'll cover your work, go to the DE-Doctor and get that checked out." Winn had noticed Siobhan come walking back and quickly corrected himself.

Katie smiled, "Thank you, Winn."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Agent Vasquez looked at Katie's brain activity, "Everything seems normal." Her eyes moved back to Katie, "What did you say was going on?"

"I'm getting like memory flashes." Katie explains, "It's been happening since I merged consciousness with Leah."

Hank sighs, "You didn't just merge consciousness, you merged feelings and memories with her."

"What?"

"What is most dominant about your memory flashes?"

"Something to do with Daxam and Daxamites." Katie pushes her hair from her face, "I have this hate for them like I really don't like them."

"You must have gotten Leah's feelings on this. Has anything else been bothering you?"

"No." Katie states, "It's just the Daxam thing, that's all."

"If anything changes, inform us."

"I will."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

57.3K 1.4K 13
Kara Zor-El and her older twin sister Bexley Zor-El are sent to Earth at the age of 13. They're sent to protect their baby cousin Kal-El but end up...
15.3K 595 10
Kara lands herself a new job as caretaker for the Luthor's. She's to take care of their youngest daughter Lena, who's been forced to move back in wit...
12K 436 43
In order to stop Lex's new plan, the team must travel back in time to before Krypton was destroyed to get the alien technology they need to stop his...
8.5K 315 25
My name is Kara Zor-El. I'm from Krypton and also another reality. After helping rebooting the multiverse, I found myself thrown into a new life with...