Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - II
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

Lily & Rose - III

12.6K 512 115
By KleeAlise11

Continue from Lily & Rose - II

---

"Morning Mum." Fully dressed for the day Lily emerged from the hallway taking a seat at the table across from Rose.

"Morning sweetheart." Jackie responed by kissing her on the head. "I was just telling your sister here that jobs are open at Finch's for you two."

"The butchers?" Lily's nose scrunched up in disgust.

"That exactly what I said." Rose laughed, tossing around a small apple back and forth between her hands.

"Ah, don't be like that you two." Jackie fixed herself a cup of tea as she talked to her daughters. "It might do you both good." She spoke with her back towards  them concentrating on fixing her beverage. "And I thought long and hard last night about compensastion. You girls have had genuine shock and trauma." She continued rambling. A normal thing in the household. "Arianna got two thousand quid off the council just because the old man behind the desk said she looked Greek!"

While she headed back to her room with her freshly brewed cup of tea Lily corrected her. "But Arianna is greek Mum."

"She is but that's besides the point! It was a valid claim!" Jackie yelled back.

Lily and Rose's laughing was interrupted by the sound of the cat door rattleing.

"Mum!" Lily called out walking towards the front door. "We told you many times to nail the cat flap down. We're gonna get strays."

"I did it weeks back." Jackie answered out from her room.

"No, you thought about it." Rose now stood behind Lily at the front door.

"That's odd." Lily kneeled down onto the floor picking up one of the screws from the cat flap.

Flipping the cat flap up she was met by a familiar pair of crystal blue eyes. "Unbelievable." She groaned standing up and opened the door.

"Well then." The Doctor grinned down at her, wiggling his eyebrows. "We meet again, Red."

"It's Lily." The ginger corrected. "What are you doing here?"

"Nah, I like Red better." He revealed his sonic screwdriver. "Scanning for more Autons and I've got a strong signal of something coming from your flat. Mind if I come in?" He rushed past her into her home. "Thanks."

"Hey!" Lily closed the door as The Doctor brushed past Rose. "You can't just barge into my house univited."

"Yes I can. I'm doing it right now." He called from the living room with the sound of him rumaging through their stuff.

Jackie stuck her head out of her room. "Who just walked past?"

Lily and Rose looked at each other, talking with their eyes trying to come up with a plan,

"He's a part of the inquiry." Rose came up with on the spot. "He's here to talk about last night."

Jackie looked over at the Doctor now leaning against her door frame. "I think they deserve compensation." She told him.

"Oh!" The Doctor smiled holding a magazine in his hand. "We're talking millions."

He winked towards Lily and smirked before turning his attention back to searching. That small wink was enough to make Lily's heart flutter, but she didn't show it. Having gone through too much heartbreak already she wasn't quite ready for another relationship.

No matter how cute the man was.

Jackie gasped when she saw the man showed interest in her eldest. "He winked at you Lils! Truly winked!"

Rose grinned, shaking Lily's shoulder. "He seriously did!"

Lily rolled her eyes at the two. "Oh my God. You two are like toddlers." She groaned. "Mum, go do your hair. Rose, come with me."

Jackie followed Lily's orders. She still had a smirk on her face when she sat down at her vanity turning on her blow dryer.

Lily pulled Rose into the kitchen. "Seriously?" She let her go and crossed her arms over her chest. "You and Mum are in love with the idea of love."

"What's wrong with that?" Rose spoke. "I found Mickey." She forced out. "Poor mum is still looking but you deserve someone too."

Lily couldn't seem to make eye contact with her.

"Look." Rose continued on. "I know you're still hurting after your scum of a boyfriend broke your heart years ago, but you can't be lonely forever." She spoke softly. "Maybe this is the man will change everything for you? You just have to give him a chance."

"For a liar like him?" Lily tried to believe he was her Doctor but couldn't wrap her head around it. "Get your head out of the clouds Ro. There's no happy ending for me."

"What if he isn't lying, Lils?" Rose continued trying to get Lily on her side. "What if he is The Doctor? One you haven't dreamed about yet? It wouldn't hurt to find out?"

Lily moved her eyes to the man who was sitting down on their couch, looking through the notebooks that she forgot to put up last night.

"Fine." Lily sighed caving in. "Make us some tea and give us . . fifteen minutes?" She asked. "I'll try to get some answers out of him."

"Yay!" Rose clapped and pushed Lily out of the archway to the living room. She stumbled a bit because of the sudden impact.

-

As The Doctor's eyes stayed concentrated on her book entitled The Celery Stick Part IV Lily took a seat on the left of him.

"What are you reading?" She tried to start a conversation while lacing her fingers together in her lap.

When he didn't respond, clearly deep in thought, Lily took this time to study him. She couldn't lie. He was handsome. Not just his looks but something else Lily couldn't describe. Something electric she may say that pulled her towards him. And those eyes. So blue and clear. She could stare in them all day.

"Unbelievable." He mumbled, keeping his eyes on the book.

"What is it?" Lily asked fiddling with her thumbs and looked over his shoulder to see what he meant.

"How?" His eyes stayed scanning through the pages. "How could you know all this? Some of these events I don't even remember." His nose scrunched up.

"Well . ." Lily shrugged. "I don't remember it all by heart. Some things I know, others I read to help my memory."

Closing it he set it ontop one of The Cat Pin books. Bringing his eyes to hers, he tried to study her, curiosity shown on his face. She was like a story waiting to be told. Finally he asked the question that's been bothering him since last night. "What are you?"

"Excuse me?" Lily replied feeling a tad offended."I'm human. What are you?"

"You know who I am." The Doctor's eyebrow raised clearly confused. "I'm the Doctor."

"No you're not."

"What do you mean?"

"Nevermind." She replied looking back some at her hands. She promised her sister that she'll hear him out so here she goes.

"You said before your name was Lily, right?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"Lily what?" He asked her.

"Carter."

The Doctor was taken back. That name sounded oddly familiar. Too familiar. He looked back down at the coffee table filled with Lily's books and bills. The name on the bill said 'Jacqueline Tyler'.

"Then who's Jacqueline Tyler?"

"She's my mum." Lily sighed, running a hand through her hair. "My half sister Rose has a different dad, Pete Tyler. I have the last name of my father who passed when I wasn't born yet."

"Okay? That doesn't explain how you're able to know. . ." His eyes widened when something caught his eye. "What's that?" He asked, pointing to her necklace.

"Oh, this?" Lily lifted the locket up to show him more clearly. "I've had it since I was little. I woke up with it around my neck one night. It's been a mystery ever since." Unless you asked Rose.

"May I see it?" He asked, giving her his palm.

"Just please be careful with it?" She asked worried. "It's very precious to me."

"I'm aware." He replied with a trusting smile.

She obliged. Unhooking her necklace she let it fall into his palm. He brought it up to his eyes. His thumb grazing against the writing. He was studying the necklace knowing that he's seen it before but from where was the question.

"This is Gallifrayean." He informed. "It's the word 'Protected' in the language of my people. How would you have this?" He look back at her with his eyes now darkened.

Before she could get a word out he continued. "This must be it! This must be the explanation to why you know all these things about my past." He shouted. He was so full of glee that he figured it out. "The necklace must have stored my memories into yours creating dreams like you wrote in the books. I have had with me for centuries. Must have been soaking up my memories the entire time it was in my pocket. Gallifrayean jewelry is like that." He laughed.And that's what my sonic picked up. Your necklace! That's it! I'm brilliant! Thank you!"

He grinned and grabbed her head bringing his lips to her forehead. He swiftly stood up and headed down the hallway with her necklace still in his hands.

"Hey!" Lily yelled at him while standing up. "You still have my necklace!"

The man rushed past Rose, who was now holding two cups of tea, and went out the door.

"Where's he going?" Rose asked a frantic looking Lily.

"I don't know." She followed behind him, stopping when Rose spoke. "But he has my necklace and I need it back. Tell mum I went for a walk." She groaned grabbing her coat from the nearby coat rack slipping it on.

She was in the doorway when Rose stopped her. "Does this mean you believe he's the Doctor?"

Lily straighten out her coat shrugging at the question. "It's a strong possibility." She admitted. "He's as strange as I dreamed him to be. But I'm about to find out."

She gave her a slight smile and hurried out the door leaving Rose squealing in the background.

-

Lily hurried down the stairs making sure she kept the Doctor in her sights.

"Hey! You!" Lily ran to catch him. When she did she cut him off, stopping the man from leaving. "You can't just take someone's necklace. Give it back." She ordered.

She went to grab it from him but he moved his hand in time for her to grab air. Lifting it up to the sky he laughed. "Try to get it now."

She stood there glaring at him. "You know that's not fair. I'm 5'4. Compared to me you're like a giant. Just please give it back." She begged once more.

"Can't." He smugly replied. "It belongs to my planet hence its mine." He smirked and walked around her to continue his journey away from the flat. Lily hurried to keep in step with him.

"Seriously." Lily continued to beg. "Someone very important gave me that-"

"Yeah, I did." The Doctor stopped and turned back around to face her. "You think I could ever forget you, Lily Carter?" He gazed down at her eyes. "I never forget a face."

Lily's breathe caught in her throat at his response. Her eyes narrowed. "You're not real." Was all she could make out.

"I'm as real as you Lily. Just a bit different." He gave her a sly wink.

"How?"

He sighed and took a look around to make sure they were alone before setting his attention back on Lily.

"Do you know about the Earth revolving? It's like when you're a kid." He took her hand and laced their fingers together. "The first time they tell you the world's turning and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurling round the sun at sixty-seven thousand miles an hour, and I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and I even Rose, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go. " he released her hand. "That's who I am. That's who the person in your dreams is." He quickly soniced her necklace and handed it back to her. "Here. I made it so you will never have one of those dreams again." His eyes grew sad. "Forget me, Lily Carter. Go home." He didn't want to tell her that but knew he had to in order to keep her safe from him.

He turned back around and started crossing the road towards an odd blue police box. Lily was still in shock at the whole predicament. Regaining her composure she put her necklace back on and only could manage to say one word.

"No!" She yelled out to make sure he heard which he did, turning back around.

"What did you say?" His eyebrow raised.

"We found each other Doctor." She started to walk up to him. "Some odd years later something brought us back together. Call it fate if you want to but this is my second chance." She now stood infront of him with a dreamy look in her eyes. "My second chance to travel with you and I'm sorry but I'm not wasting it." Her grin turned into a slight smirk. "Now, these Autons? How do we stop them?"

At first he didn't want her to say that. He wanted her to get away while she still can. But now he was so glad. So happy that he found someone like her. Someone who wasn't afraid of the unknown. One to keep him company. He hasn't had someone like that in a long time and he craved it once more.

"Well then. Can't say no when you say it like that, can I?" He laced their fingers back together and gave her a wink. "Lets go."

She let out a small giggle and let him guide her away. "Doctor?" She looked up at him in thought. "Why did you take my necklace? And don't say to sonic it because you could have done that in the flat."

"Because," He looks down at her with a smile. "I wanted you to follow me."

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.1K 2.1K 24
~Book 1 in TenRose "Journeys" 2 part fanfiction. (The Slow Path ~ Long Way 'Round) Rose is not happy at all when the Doctor left her for 5 hours on a...
70.6K 1.3K 68
"You take that thing with you everywhere, whats up with that?" I glance down at my necklace. It had a miniature hour glass charm that had beautiful...
4.6K 240 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
109K 3.3K 28
The Doctor may have regenerated, but it doesn't mean a thing to his daughter, Annakamara. After all, as long as she has her father, she knows she's s...