Left Behind

By evakmohns

They sit like that till the end of the party silently sipping beer together, her glancing back at Chris from... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.

6.

721 24 8
By evakmohns

There's been only a few instances in Eva's life when she was truly impressed. Some of them were connected to meeting other people, like Ingrid or Noora. Other instances were connected to people's actions for exaple Noora ending William in the middle of the school yard or Sana standing up for her when Vilde attacked her. But Eva can't really remember if there has been a moment before when she was this bewildered.

She's leaning against a wall with Sana by her side. Eva's left arm is crossed over her chest, her right elbow propped on it, hand holding a can of beer against her parted lips, eyes focused. She doesn't glance at Sana but knows she's doing the exact same thing: monitors Chris.

They've been standing there for a while, first trying to get rid of all the expensive decorations her home possesses, and when done staring straight at Chris, who's been walking around the living room with his tablet and checking everything for the third time, crossing things from his list.

"I feel like I'm seeing him for the first time in my life." Sana finally mutters watching Chris trying to explain to one of the linesmen why the loudspeakers setting is incompatible with the arrangement of Eva's house.

Welcome to my world . Eva thinks, sipping her beer.

"Honestly, he could be bullshitting the guy right now and I would still believe he's an expert." Sana looks her way agape and all Eva can do is sigh. "Hey, Eva, are you okay?" Sana nudges her with her elbow.

Eva sighs dramatically in response. "I'm literally shook," she breathes out. "I've never been this shook in my life."

"I want to laugh at you," Sana chuckles to her left. "but I'd be lying that I'm not shook myself."

"Sana, what am I supposed to do?" Eva can't look his way anymore, so she turns to face her friend.

Sana doesn't answer, her eyes leave Eva's face completely and travel behind her, before slightly widening.

"Ladies," Eva knows this voice. She braces herself and after taking a breath, she turns around. "Looking good." Chris smiles cheekily and when his eyes meet Eva's, he winks.

"So... You're done checking everything again?" Sana asks, chuckling and Eva is so grateful for her attempt to break the tension that raised around them.

"Yeah," Chris laughs, "I needed to make sure everything's perfect."

"I'm quite impressed." Sana says. "Don't tell anyone I told you that, though."

"Don't worry, I'll leave this complement for myself."

Listening to their small talk feels like an out of body experience to Eva. DJ has started testing the music some time ago, so her body vibrates with it. With addition of her clouded mind and fast beating heart, it makes a cosmic mix.

In all this haze Eva can't stop looking at Chris. His eyes are shining, his lips smiling wildly, cheeks tinted with red. His nicely styled hair, fresh out of a hairstylist salon, falls over his face.

Eva has to blink twice to wake up. "You dyed your hair."

Chris' attention snaps back to her and she can't stop her eyes from traveling to where he bites his lip. "Yeah, um, I needed a change." Eva's at a verge of crying from frustration when he licks and then purses his lips. He looks down at his feet, hands hidden in the pockets of his jeans. "You don't like it?"

What?

Eva takes a deep breath, composing herself. Come on, Eva, you've got to have some game left inside , she thinks and smiles before raising her hand and interlacing her fingers with his soft hair.

Fucking hell , she's wanted to touch it the moment her eyes landed on him.

"I actually love it, Chris." He looks back at her with the brightest of smiles. Eva can see Sana raising her eyebrow in the corner of her eyes. "Blond looks good on you."

"Does it, now?" He raises his eyebrow. She doesn't know what compels her to do the following but she fists a hand in his hair and tugs at it with just enough force, smirking.

Chris' head follows the movement, causing his chin to rise. He licks his bottom lip again before speaking. "Is that a kink of yours, Eva?" Ha practically purrs and Eva's smirk widens.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She fully smiles now. Her fingers loosen around his hair and her hand slides down his neck and rests on his shoulder.

They're laughing before Eva knows it. The unwanted tension gone from her body.

She finally looks at Sana who stares at them both shocked and amused. Chris chuckles a little bit louder at her obvious reaction.

"It was nice talking to you, girls but people will arrive soon and I need to check with the guys at the door." He looks back at her. "I'll see you in a while." Eva nods smiling and gasps quietly a moment later when he grabs her forearm that lies on his shoulder and kisses her wrist. "Don't go grabbing other people's hair, Eva. It's our thing now." He says before tugging a loose strand of her hair and walking away.

Eva's face twists the moment he's out of sight. She covers her face with her hands and tries not to scream. She doesn't know what's going on anymore.

"You flirt like this the whole time?" asks Sana, theatrically fanning herself with her hand.

"No. Not like this." Eva sighs and bites her lip. "I wouldn't have survived this long, if we did."

It causes Sana to laugh.

"Just go for it, Eva." Sana finally tells her and Eva snaps her head to look at her. "You're too deep to back out anyway."

She pats Eva's back twice before walking away herself.

***

A couple of hours into the party and Eva's too occupied hosting it to go crazy about the way her body practically vibrates with anticipation.

People start coming in waves to Eva's surprise. She spends most of her night with different people, talking, catching up, dancing, drinking. Chris also ventures around her place, catching her glances here and there and everytime she thinks she gets a hold of her feelings he shows up, smiles at her and ruins it all.

He's playing with her, she knows it.

Eva doesn't exactly understand why or what's at stake but he's just invented a new way to ruin her over and over again. He keeps showing up out of nowhere and simply tugs her hair. She freezes every time. At first she tries looking around for him but she can barely catch his blond streaks blending with the masses of people everytime, now she just goes completely still and tries not to lose her composure.

If Sana is around, she laughs every time.

She small talks with Isak for a moment and even though his betrayal still hurts, she revels in any sort of contact with him. They're too alike, Isak and her. He disappears way too soon, when Jonas whispers something to his ear, first stealing his attention and his presence moments later.

Chris sits by her on a couch just then.

There's so many people around and her head buzzes a little bit because of that and the fantastic drinks Chris sends her way the whole night. It's so much better than the canned beer or cheap champagne, she thinks.

Chris grins at her, his smile spreading through his whole face, instantly reaching his eyes. He hands her another colorful drink before sitting down with his own glass of whiskey. His arm behind her on the armrest doesn't go unnoticed. Along with the way the movement makes his white t-shirt spread over his toned chest.

"Thanks" says Eva after taking the first delicious sip. "Who's making them anyway?"

"Me?" Chris frowns a little and raises his eyebrow as if it was obvious. "Just for the two of us."

"Seriously?" Eva's too shocked to filter this new information. "Where?"

"In your room?" Chris actually chuckles. "You didn't know that?" He asks and when Eva shakes her head, he adds, "It's the only party free zone in the house along with your mother's bedroom. And you have a mini fridge inside. I got some good stuff from the guy that owed me and thought we deserved some good drinks with all the work after all.

"I didn't know." Eva's stunned a little bit. The thought that Chris has repeatedly left the party so he would make drinks just for the two of them, makes her cheeks hot.

"Are you mad?" Apparently Chris takes her shock as a bad sign because his frown deepens. "I can give you your key back if you want."

"No. No, Chris. I'm not mad." Eva finally smiles at him, leaning her side to the backrest. "I didn't know you went out of your way to make me drinks. Thank you. They're delicious."

"I'm glad you like them." And Eva is so happy to watch his frown go and his smile reappear. "Besides, everything best for you."

He winks and pinches her pink cheek. And when her blush grows, smirks unapologetically.

"Having fun tonight?" Chris drops both his hand and the topic and takes a big sip of his drink.

"I am." Eva says softly still embarrassed of her body's reaction. "Thank you for making the party so amazing."

"Hey, I only had a crazy idea" he says, "You're the one who made it possible."

"Still." Eva smiles. There's a moment of silence that let stupid thoughts rush into her head, so she decides to immediately cut it. "So, got lucky tonight?" It's Eva's turn to smirk and Chris just smiles at her.

"Not feeling like it." Chris answers after a moment. "Besides everyone thinks we're dating anyway." Eva's not even surprised. So she rolls her eyes and chuckles, trying to stop the warm feeling in the pit of her stomach. "Honestly, at least fifteen people have asked me if it's true and how we got together so far."

"And?" Eva's a little nervous thinking of what his answer could be. It's probably such a ridiculous thought for him, it makes him laugh everytime.

"I'm very creative." He winks at her and it makes Eva snort.

"Oh my god, Chris." Eva punches his chest lightly. "Honestly, I don't even want to know."

"You'll probably hear some versions of it anyway." Eva's immediately distracted with the way he lightly tugs on her hair.

Two can play this game.

She's never been the shy one. She's never avoided physical contact or refused to act on her attraction so it's not fair she's the one who's all sexually frustrated when he walks around relaxed and unbothered.

Eva finishes her drink in one swift gulp, puts away the glass and takes Chris' hand. "Come dance with me. It's my song."

It's not Eva's song, she doesn't even know who sings it but it has just started and she has a thing or two to prove. She hears him laugh behind her and knows he's probably grinning but she can't turn around, because she's sure her bravado would go to hell.

Eva leads him between dozens of people to get to the makeshift dance floor but she finally stops when she feels his hands on her hips.

"You sure, you don't want to go for one of these first year girls?" Eva asks even though she's already turned around and started swaying her hips to the rhythm. "They can't take their eyes off of you."

They don't touch yet but both sway and dance around each other with more sensuality than needed. Eva doesn't look away from him, her face a mask of confidence, even though her insides are literally melting.

"I'm good where I am." Chris puts a hand on her hip and whispers into her ear. Eva breathes against the shivers that went down her spine. "They're terrifying anyway. Make me feel uncomfortable."

Eva can't believe her ears. "Huh!" She huffs, laughing and playfully slaps his chest. "You're getting a taste of you own medicine."

"I don't make girls uncomfortable." He scoffs dismissively, acting like it's the biggest absurd he's ever heard. "Not in the bad way, anyway."

Chris tightens his hold on her hip, their bodies swaying along the heavy beat. Eva smiles sweetly at him and raises her eyebrow, "But you do sometimes."

A flicker of surprise crosses his face and Eva notices the way he bites the inside of his cheek before smiling again. "Have I made you uncomfortable before, Eva?"

"You did back in the time." Eva breathes back into his ear, noticing a deep breath he takes.

"Really?" He doesn't let her pull away and slides his arm around her hip placing his hand on her back. "Am I still?"

Eva chuckles. "You're a predator, Chris. And I wasn't used to that." She says sliding her arm around his neck.

"And you are now." He says affirmatively.

Eva smirks and puts her hand in his hair, tugging it as a confirmation, making him hiss. She laughs laudly and pulls away, swaying around, and lifting her hands to move with her along the beat.

She's content with the effects she's got from him so far but Eva knows no one's wining this round. She's everything but unaffected. The way her body goes still when he slides his hands on her waist, pushes it to rest on her stomach and pulls her back to his chest says it all. The movement of Chris' body make her dance again. She closes her eyes when he hides his head in the crook of her neck and blows warm air into her hair.

She opens her eyes moments later and they instantly land on her three best friends. Vilde grins widely showing her thumbs up, Chris forms a circle with her fingers and thrust another through it in a motion that simulates sex, and when her eyes meet Sana with a deep smirk on her face, she decides to use her latest advice.

She's gonna go for it.

Her friends abruptly turn around and Eva knows Chris looked up. It's much easier when he is the one that starts speaking.

"We used to have so much fun at parties..." Chris says straight to her ear.

Eva sighs. "Yeah." And thinks it's time for bravery. "I remember the last time we did."

"I remember all of them." Eva's insides literally twist at that. "But that time you came on my fingers..." The sharp intake of breath he takes makes her undone. "Oh my god, I jerked myself twice that night. And many more at the memory."

Okay, so they went there, Eva thinks before closing her eyes and breathing out a weak "Me too."

Chris whines at that and Eva can't think clear anymore.

They're still dancing. Eva's ass rubs against Chris's crotch and the way his head sinks down to her shoulder shows how much he's fighting with himself. His hands roam over her arms, stomach, hips and thighs over and over again leaving Eva burning with desire. The songs change one after another and she wishes it wasn't so hot right now. The beat of another one is about to drop when Chris turns her around. Her hands find their way to his neck, her finger already sliding into his hair. Chris' eyes are a little wide and travel across her face, his face is flushed and his lips are parted.

A work of art , Eva thinks.

"We can still have some fun..." She breathes out staring at his lips before looking back up into his orbs. "At parties..."

"Yeah?"

And maybe there's no winners in their game but she's so relieved she's turned Chris into a panting mess the same way he did to her.

"Yeah."

In that moment Chris' hands fly to her face and he clashes their lips together way too easily. Eva's mind explodes. She's so overwhelmed she doesn't even notice they're moving, not before her back slams against the wall. She winces against his lips, half in pain, half in pleasure. Chris' hand slides inbetween her back and the wall and massages soothingly the place she hit. Eva's fingers hold his hair for dear life. Her other hand is everywhere and it's such a contrast to Chris' steady, smooth ones. She's so weak in her knees because of the way he licks into her mouth over and over again, Eva bites his lower lip making him hiss. He squeezes her ass in return, pushing her flat against his chest.

They kiss, and they lick and they bite, their lips travel up and down each other's necks a couple of times but they come back for more, always for more. Eva don't think she knows what breathing is anymore.

She feels someone touching her arm and shaking it slightly and she groans at the interruption.

"What?" She wants it to sound fierce when she pulls her lips away from Chris, but it's more of a mere sigh. Chris also looks up at Vilde in a haze, confused.

"Who let those first years in?" she asks, angrily and both Eva's and Chris' heads follow the movement of her hand to look at the girls they talked about dance around some boys.

Vilde interrupted them for that?

Eva doesn't care enough to waste another second on this, so instead of answering, she grabs Chris' head and pulls him into another kiss.

They both collide with one another over and over again, a clash of lips and teeth and hands everywhere. And Eva wants to punch herself for even thinking abut denying this amazing feeling to herself.

She can't stop but hope they're about to reenact the cab incident from months ago with addition of Chris fucking her hard into the mattress until she loses any links to reality.

She squeezes her thighs at the thought.

They're moving, Eva knows it so she starts rummaging Chris' back pockets searching for her key when the music shuts down and a policeman screams that the party is over.

Fuck her life.

***

Eva gets a fine for disturbance and she hopes the money they got from party entries cover most of it.

Chris handles the police like a professional and thanks to his diplomatic and experienced ways they don't have more problems. They let the police check the whole place and breath out loudly when they leave only lecturing them on underage drinking.

"We're so lucky we got away with it." Vilde clasps her hands together after she sat still, terrified the whole time police was inside.

"Not entirely. We got a fine to pay." Sana adds standing up. "How much is it?"

Eva can only hand her the ticket but before Sana can take it, Chris snatches it from her hand.

"Girls, don't worry about it." He interferes. "We have a lot of money from entries."

"It can't be enough." Eva says, because it really can't.

"Hey, don't worry about it, okay?" He smiles at her, massaging her arm and it's like they're alone in her devastated living room. "I've got it, Eva, trust me."

She smiles at him and nods looking up to the girls that sneakily excuse themselves down to her room.

"So, they're staying here?" Chris asks cheekily. Eva turns around to face him and it's like everything's back to where they left it.

"Apparently." He's so close she can still feel his bittersweet alcoholic taste.

"I figured." Chris laughs and raises his hand before caressing his thumb over her lip. "I ordered  Uber already." Eva knows she's desperate so she only sighs and nods. "Till the next time." He continues. "Yeah?"

Eva doesn't think she's ever been so sure of anything more than this, so she answers with confidence. "Yeah."

Chriss kisses her then, so long and deep her head is spinning. And when he pulls away, his hand lingers on her cheek for another moment or two and Eva lets herself sink into his touch.

"Thank you for tonight." He adds later, stopping at the door.

Eva can't help but smirk at this. "The pleasure was all mine."

____________________________________________________

I told you guys before on Tumblr that Zara Larsson and The Weeknd teamed up and made a soundtrack for this story. Because this song, these lyrics are literally about this chapter (and a party in 3x01) and nobody can ever tell me different.

I probably should've started with this at the end of chapter 1. but for those who don't know, this fic was made because I once made a headcanon that was about Chriseva bonding after Noorhelm left, it got pretty popular but no one did anything with it, so I decided to do it myself. And voila! 

The fic is my Mohnstad fill up for season 3. We start at the beginning (or a couple of weeks before) the school year and follow the season pretty acurately. For those who know, I have 12 chapters and am working on the 13th. 

Feel free to tell me what you think about everything!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 2.7K 66
Nothing could be anymore different than the personalities of Grete and Christoffer. Yet somehow they keep running into each other. A lot more than G...
4.9K 244 14
you had an fight with your ex-girlfriend and you should go but after you step into the Cortez your life changes and you get to know sally who may not...
76.1K 785 44
3 new kids. Scarlett and Noah Martinez and Noah's bestfreind josh. The three were very close and once they heard josh was moving to a new school they...
10.4K 248 9
The Penetrators and Yakuza rivalry run much deeper and more dangerous than anyone thought possible, until one of them ends up paying a heavy price. C...