9.

Eva groans a little bit, when she first recognises that her body is waking up. She can feel her heart beating fast and her mouth getting even drier. She tries to open her eyes but her sticky eyelashes are hard to separate. It takes a couple more attempts to finally open them and Eva mentally curses herself for falling asleep in her make up. She knows she's in Chris' room the moment she opens her eyes and finds herself looking straight at the poster hanging on the wall. She untangles herself from him and looks at herself and Chris and sighs because they fell asleep in their clothes.

Eva sits on the bed and looks around trying to spot her phone. She finds it on the nightstand along with Chris' one and two glasses of water. She only remembers bits of last night but is sure she was the one who put them in there. Chris was barely walking when they were leaving the party so it was impossible for him to be so thoughtfull. She downs the glass while unlocking her phone.

12:38. Figured.

The amount of notifications that pops up on her screen is met with another big sigh from her. She's not sober enough for this. She finds a text from her mom that was sent two hours ago and she instantly knows what it means. Her mother left for work again. And she catches herself at not being as sad and disappointed as she usually is.

Eva knows there's no chance for her to fall back to sleep now so she decides to take a shower while Chris is still sleeping his celebratory night off. She looks down at the state of her dress and knows she needs to change it as fast as possible. She takes a pair of long gray sweatpants and a simple t-shirt from Chris' wardrobe and goes straight to his bathroom.

She feels like a new person when she steps out of the hot shower. Her hair stays hidden under the towel as she puts her bra and the t-shirt on. She decides not to wear her yesterday's underwear so the fact that she puts Chris' pants over her naked body makes her shiver with excitement.

She hides her clothes in a bag she finds back in the room and looks at Chris who breathes quietly hugging his comforter. He's such a mess.

They went maybe too hard last night, Eva knows that. But it was one of the best parties Eva has ever been to. Chris was in his element, she could tell. He radiated with happiness over his new internship and being back with his bus friends and the night was filled with laughter and so much noise. Along with litres of alcohol.

Chris kept her by his side the whole time and even though his friends greeted her with raised eyebrows and smirks (Neil laughed the moment he saw her with Chris, so Eva flipped him off), she felt almost at home.

Eva lays down facing him and starts watching his face. He looks so calm, she feels guilty about wanting to wake him up. But before she has a chance to say anything, he speaks not even opening his eyes.

"You're staring, you sure you aren't my little stalker anymore?" The corners of Chris' lips turn up in a smirk. Eva can't believe he can still be smug while asleep and radiating alcohol.

"Wanted to wake you up." Eva mumbles against the pillow. The dump strands of her hair already leaving marks on it.

"Telepathically?" He chuckles opening one eye.

"Well, it worked." Eva laughs at that. Chris chuckles again and rolls to lay on his back, before rubbing his face with his hands. Eva sits up and looks at the expression on his face changing into a one of pain. Chris stands up in steps and groans looking at his clothes. "Go get a shower." Eva says from behind him. "It'll help."

"Wanna join me?" Chris asks taking his t-shirt off. She can sense his smirk without seeing his face.

"Sorry, but already had one." Chris turns around from his closet with a pair of new clothes and looks at Eva with a smirk. The one that falls after noticing what Eva has on. She feels extremely anxious in seconds. But before she can start explaining why she decided to invade his closet and wear his clothes, his lips stretch in the biggest of grins. He disappears behind the bathroom door before Eva can recover.