7.

School comes way too soon for Eva's liking. Everything that has unfolded through this weekend has made her stressed again. Eva hates it. She starts to believe the party wasn't a good idea after all. And she doesn't mean the fact that her entire house is devastated.

She cleans the house with the girls the entire following day till the moment they have to go home and prepare for school. Her mother is coming back in three days and even though the house is cleaned from the trash, the living room, kitchen and hallway walls need to be repainted.

Eva thinks about calling Chris and asking him about the cleaning company he was talking about before but decides against it. She just knows he'll want to pay for it and since Eva's sure he also covered the fine, she doesn't want to waste any more of his money. Besides she doesn't think she can handle confronting him right now since he's been consuming all her thoughts the whole day, anyway.

The thing is, Eva doesn't remember being this confused ever in her life. She doesn't know how to act around him. Will they still hang out? It would suck so bad if they didn't. Was this a one time thing? Eva's sure Chris said it wasn't. But is it only a party thing or are they making out on a daily basis like a couple now? Eva knows she's not ready for the latter. Does she want it though?

It doesn't help at all that it's tuesday and Chris is still silent and it's another position on Eva's list of frustrations.

She's been snapping at people the whole day, starting with Isak and his black jacket, ending with Chris Berg, who posted a picture of her and Chris on Insta that once again started a shitstorm at Nissen... She decides to spend the rest of her lunch break in an empty classroom instead of the canteen. Her phone lays in the middle of the desk and she stares out of the window and keeps biting her lip. She's so out of it and she knows that. That's why she jumps so hard when a chair screeches the floor in front of her.

Jonas straddles the chair and lays his chin on his arms that are propped against the backrest.

Eva raises her brow. "Hey..."

"Halla."

"Did you followed me here?"

Jonas purses his lips together but smiles against it. "Yeah." At least he seems to be abashed.

Eva frowns a little bit. Okay... "So, what's up?"

Jonas straightens up so he can be on the same level with her. "I wanted to talk." And before Eva can start freaking out that he wants to come back together, he adds, "And apologise."

"What?" She's completely taken aback now.

"Yeah, it's long overdue, but... I'm really sorry for all that shit I said at that Bakka party. It wasn't okay and I didn't have the right to say them. So yeah, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. No hard feelings." Eva laughs it off because it's a natural reaction. Jonas chuckles and purses his lips again.

"No, honestly, I was so high and every time I drink along with it, it gets the worst out of me. I felt like shit knowing you left the party because of me."

Eva rolls her eyes at that. "It was literally only an excuse. I wanted to leave the moment I was inside."

"Yeah, the party was pretty messed up."

"Yeah."

There is a moment of silence and Eva can't believe it can be an uncomfortable one. That's why she speaks. "You have the right to feel upset about this thing, though." Eva stutters.

"Yeah, maybe." Jonas shakes his head slightly and Eva chuckles humorlessly, closing her eyes. "I'm glad you have someone who takes care of you. Comes to get you in the middle of the night. Even though, it's Penetrator Chris."