6.

There's been only a few instances in Eva's life when she was truly impressed. Some of them were connected to meeting other people, like Ingrid or Noora. Other instances were connected to people's actions for exaple Noora ending William in the middle of the school yard or Sana standing up for her when Vilde attacked her. But Eva can't really remember if there has been a moment before when she was this bewildered.

She's leaning against a wall with Sana by her side. Eva's left arm is crossed over her chest, her right elbow propped on it, hand holding a can of beer against her parted lips, eyes focused. She doesn't glance at Sana but knows she's doing the exact same thing: monitors Chris.

They've been standing there for a while, first trying to get rid of all the expensive decorations her home possesses, and when done staring straight at Chris, who's been walking around the living room with his tablet and checking everything for the third time, crossing things from his list.

"I feel like I'm seeing him for the first time in my life." Sana finally mutters watching Chris trying to explain to one of the linesmen why the loudspeakers setting is incompatible with the arrangement of Eva's house.

Welcome to my world . Eva thinks, sipping her beer.

"Honestly, he could be bullshitting the guy right now and I would still believe he's an expert." Sana looks her way agape and all Eva can do is sigh. "Hey, Eva, are you okay?" Sana nudges her with her elbow.

Eva sighs dramatically in response. "I'm literally shook," she breathes out. "I've never been this shook in my life."

"I want to laugh at you," Sana chuckles to her left. "but I'd be lying that I'm not shook myself."

"Sana, what am I supposed to do?" Eva can't look his way anymore, so she turns to face her friend.

Sana doesn't answer, her eyes leave Eva's face completely and travel behind her, before slightly widening.

"Ladies," Eva knows this voice. She braces herself and after taking a breath, she turns around. "Looking good." Chris smiles cheekily and when his eyes meet Eva's, he winks.

"So... You're done checking everything again?" Sana asks, chuckling and Eva is so grateful for her attempt to break the tension that raised around them.

"Yeah," Chris laughs, "I needed to make sure everything's perfect."

"I'm quite impressed." Sana says. "Don't tell anyone I told you that, though."

"Don't worry, I'll leave this complement for myself."

Listening to their small talk feels like an out of body experience to Eva. DJ has started testing the music some time ago, so her body vibrates with it. With addition of her clouded mind and fast beating heart, it makes a cosmic mix.

In all this haze Eva can't stop looking at Chris. His eyes are shining, his lips smiling wildly, cheeks tinted with red. His nicely styled hair, fresh out of a hairstylist salon, falls over his face.

Eva has to blink twice to wake up. "You dyed your hair."

Chris' attention snaps back to her and she can't stop her eyes from traveling to where he bites his lip. "Yeah, um, I needed a change." Eva's at a verge of crying from frustration when he licks and then purses his lips. He looks down at his feet, hands hidden in the pockets of his jeans. "You don't like it?"

What?

Eva takes a deep breath, composing herself. Come on, Eva, you've got to have some game left inside , she thinks and smiles before raising her hand and interlacing her fingers with his soft hair.