Best Friends In Love

De crystalrose11

(COMPLETED) (UNDER MAJOR EDITING) (SARAH AND JAYS STORY COMING SOON) I look at Shane and glare at him... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue

Chapter 18

60.1K 1.6K 520
De crystalrose11

Grace

Its finally the end of the day. There is only one more week left before the dance and the first football game.

I'm leaning against Shane's car since he never gave me the keys before he went to the locker room to shower. I flip through my book, finally for once having the chance to read it. About ten minutes later Shane approaches, swinging the keys on his index finger.

I smile. "Took you long enough."

He chuckles unlocking the car. "I had to get cleaned and freshened up just for you." He winks throwing his bag in the backseat and getting in the car.

I climb in the car ignoring his joke. "Hey listen I was wondering if you wanted to help me prank Ryan? You don't have to but I just thought it would be fun."

"Are you kidding me? Of course I'll help you! Any chance to prank your brother man, it's like a wish come true!"

I struggle to contain my joy. "Great!" I slap my thighs. "Now we need a plan, do you by chance have any ideas."

He grins. "I might have something in mind."

~|~

I frown. "What are we doing here?"

"We're here to get supplies. Come on."

I shrug and follow behind him. As soon as we step into the store he grabs my hand leading me to the arts and crafts.

"What are we doing in this section?"

He tugs my hand. "Just trust me."

We stop in front of a few bottles of glue. He grabs the biggest bottles, then motions me to do the same. As we approach the self checkout I remember I ran out of licorice.

"Hey, I'll be back I'm gonna go get some licorice." I walk away, before he can say anything since I didn't bring any money I'll make him pay, but I'll probably pay him back later.

I run through the aisles until I find the right one. I go directly to the strawberry licorice but I also see some Hershey kisses. I grab both of them, holding them in my hands debating Which one to take home. I could just take both but if I have to pay Shane back I don't have enough money for both.

"Hmm hard choice. I would go with the licorice."

I glance to my right only to see David, Camille's brother. He has a shopping cart filled with a lot of food and a few necessities.

As to not be rude, I greet him.

"Oh hi David!"

"Hello Grace, I'm surprised you remember me."

"Well you did help me out with the whole cupcake thing, sorta."

He chuckles. "It's not everyday someone chokes on a cupcake." He glances at my hands. "Like I said licorice would be my choice especially if it's strawberry."

I smile. "Mine too. Strawberry licorice is my favorite." I happily put the chocolates back hugging the bag of licorice to my chest.

"But if you want both" he suggests "I'll buy them for you" before I can respond he grabs the bag of Hershey kisses dropping them in his cart.

"Oh no you don't have to do that." My cheeks flush. Embarrassed I aim to grab the bag out of the cart but as I lean down he quickly grabs the bag of licorice out of my hands.

"Grace you don't have to be embarrassed."

I bite my lip. "Fine but I'll have to pay you back."

He nods "Okay." he extends his hand. "It's a deal."

We shake on it. "Shoot, I left Shane at the checkout, he's probably worried about me since I took so long."

I run ahead and hear Davids cart squeaking behind me. As soon as I find Shane he visibly relaxes.

"What took so long?" he asks "I was about to go looking for you. I didn't know if someone abducted you or if you just got lost."

I hold up a finger signaling him to hold on a sec just so I can catch my breath.

"She was with me" David steps in. "I was helping her choose what kind of candy to get." He moves to one of the self checkouts. "But instead I'm buying both of the candies she wants."

Shane frowns. "There's no need for that I can buy her candy."

"It's no problem" David responds

"No really" Shane steps forward so now they are eye to eye. "I can buy them for her."

I pull Shane towards me. "It's okay David, you don't have to buy them for me." I grab one of the bottles with glue. "We'll see you later, It was good to see you again."

I smile at David then turn to the exit doors with Shane in tow. As soon as we get in the car I turn to him. "What the heck was your deal? He was just trying to be nice and by me some candy and I was going to pay him back."

"Grace don't you know that I could have bought that for you? And did you know that people offering candy to someone is basically the one way to kidnap someone? At least that's what they told us as kids"

I look at him. "Shane don't be stupid. He wasn't going to kidnap me he was just trying to be nice." I cross my arms. "Anyway that was Camille's brother thought you would be better friends with him like you are with her."

He laughs cynically. "Oh so now we're turning it into a friend thing. Great. Why don't you tell me how mad you get because I'm friends with Camille huh? I've noticed Grace"

I glare at him. "Fine is that what you wanna hear? That I get jealous because you are friends with Camille. That maybe it feels like I'm gonna be replaced just a little bit."

"You know that I would never replace you." He pinches the bridge of his nose. "Look I'll take you home and then talk about this later because I don't want to discuss with you."

I bite the inside of my cheek and don't say anything. He starts the engine and onto the road. David was just trying to be nice. He didn't have to get so angry. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Within five minutes we make it to my house. We sit in silence only listening to our breathing as we sit in his car. "Look you don't have to help me prank Ryan." I look at him as I grab the door handle. "And I'll pay you back for the glue." I open the door and shut it behind me.

He opens his door and steps out too. "Grace stop, I'm gonna help you and you don't have to pay me back" he grabs the bottles and sets them on the ground between us.

Im angry and a little hurt. "Fine. We can do this together, just not today. I'm mad. You're mad. It's just not a good day." I sigh tucking my hair behind my ear. "I'll see you later Shane."

He steps in front of me. "Why are you mad? Because I wanted to buy that candy for you and I didn't want him to do it?"

"Shane it was just candy! Who cares who was gonna buy it for me! I was gonna either pay you or him back!"

"Well I didn't like it!" he yells back. "I didn't like it that as soon as you disappear from my sight out of nowhere here he comes showing up."

"What does it matter? I just met him! It's not like I'm gonna date the guy he's like three years older than me!"

"You never know Grace! You're a beautiful girl! And sometimes you're just too blind and dumb to see that guys find you attractive!"

Blind and dumb? Never in a million years has he ever called me that . I step back, hurt and angry. I frown at him. "Go home Shane" I start backing away towards my front door.

"No" he steps forward. "Please don't walk away I didn't mean it." He reaches for my hand but I pull it away.

"Clearly you did." My voice shakes. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I rush to my door locking it behind me. I lean against it, only to find my family staring at me.

Pepper frowns. "Is something wrong?"

I shake my head. "No" I fake a smile "Everything's fine."

Ryan stands. "Are you sure? We heard shouting." He peers out the window. "Why is Shane standing in the driveway?"

"It's nothing." I look at my parents. "I'm tired and probably won't come down for dinner. I'll be in my room."

I speed walk to the staircase, taking the stairs two at a time. When I get to my room I immediately walk to the window. Ryan is now outside in the driveway talking to Shane. Shane glances up to my window but I close the curtains and jump on my bed. I grab my pillow and scream in it. Why do boys have to be so complicated? And Shane what the heck got into him. It was just candy not a big deal! He didn't have to get all riled up. I don't understand what his deal was but I intend on finding out.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

88K 5.2K 42
--Book number three in the Subject A250 series-- Phase Three has begun and Trace is pushed further than ever before. Decisions are made and friendsh...
3.1M 183K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
Stuck in an Elevator De natalya :))

Ficțiune adolescenți

3.1M 98.4K 42
Ever been stuck on an elevator? Try being stuck in an elevator for 30 hours straight with nothing but a worn- out purse and a handsome stranger.
The Badboy's Heart | ✔ De fae.

Ficțiune adolescenți

245K 15.8K 49
#620 teenfiction 21/4/2018 "If nothing last forever," he started in a satin smooth voice. "Then me and you are going to be nothing forever." A lump...