Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

By RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE

7.6K 202 90
By RockDD20

'Diving to deep down into this thing called love'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters.

"I'm sorry, but the Twilight Drive-In? It's a blight that's become a cesspool, and a hangout for criminals and transients, and the deal's done. Andrews Construction is scheduled to demolish the lot on Monday" Mayor McCoy said shuffling through some paper as Jughead pleaded with her to not sell the drive-in.

Jughead asked me to come along to see her, I felt almost a need to want to stop the demolishment of the drive-in mainly because I've never been there but it holds so many memories for the people of Riverdale.

"Mayor McCoy, when I was a kid, my family and I would go to the drive-in all the time. We couldn't afford tickets for everyone, so my sister Jellybean and I would hide in the trunk until we parked. We'd sneak out. It's like my home" I didn't know Jughead had a sister, his statement struck a cord of sadness within me.

"That's a very sweet sentiment, Mr. Jones. But the future of Riverdale is at stake" McCoy said.

She gestured for us to leave and we left, as we walked through the streets I could tell that Jughead was pissed about the mayor.

I took a glance at his hand seeing it clenched tightly, his knuckles white.

So I did what any rational person would, I gently touched his hand. He flinched at my touch but I opened his palm with my fingers and laced our hands together.

He had frozen and wasn't walking anymore, so I gave him a small smile and pulled him along with me.

"Why are you holding my hand?" He asked.

"Well I heard the personal contact can lower your anger levels" I answered, "so when I held your hand you calmed down"

"I wasn't angry"

"No, you were annoyed. Which is understandable, if I was in your shoes I would be livid"

Jughead smiled at me softly, "so what movie are we seeing at the drive-in tonight?" I asked "you choose" he said. I pretended to think for a moment before saying "The Usual Suspects" I suggested.

His smile turned into a genuine grin and his grip on my hand softened, "what?" I asked.

"I absolutely love your choice in movies, indie classics" he said "I appreciate the old things, why do you think I dress like this?" I said gesturing to my clothes.

"90's grunge" he replied, "exactly" I smirked.

"So The Usual Suspects it is" Jughead said.

-----------

"Mom I'm home!" I yelled out walking through my front door, I threw my keys on the table and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out a jar of salsa and I grabbed a packet of Doritos, as usual trying to get that goddam jar is almost impossible.

I twist and turn but it won't open.

Then a hand laid over mine, I jumped at the sudden contact and looked to the culprit.

Marcus.

"Don't scare me like that" I scolded slapping his arm, "it's not my fault your jumpy as hell" he smirked taking the jar and opening it with ease. I snatched it away from him "show off".

His smirked widened as he opened the Doritos, we began eating the chips dipping them into the salsa both of us in a comfortable silence.

"So, you and Jughead Jones..." He trailed off.

"Go for it" I said taking a bite of my chip, he frowned at me "what?"

"Go for it" I repeated "ask me all the questions, tease me. Go for it"

"I wasn't going to tease you, ask you questions. That I'll do" he smirked eating a chip, "so how long have you guys been dating for?"

"We're not dating" I said "you mean you've got feelings for each other, but then there's the fact that you both are part of the teenager age group where they don't admit their feelings for one another. If I was you, I'd hurry up. You guys look good together"

"Since when did you start giving me relationship advice?" I smirked "since I've decided to be a better big brother" he smiled eating another chip.

"So do you like Jones" he asked meeting his eyes, I looked away from him, finding a interest in my shoes.

"So it's more than a crush"

"Yeah, I guess" I said, "Anna-" I looked up to him "just do it, tell him you like him. Easy and simple"

"Easier said than done"

"If he doesn't like you back, then he's missing out on something great" Marcus smiled, "thanks Marky" I said. "Anytime" he replied "is mom coming tonight?" I asked "I don't know, I asked and she said she'd think about it" Marcus shrugged eating more Doritos. "Hopefully she does, their playing her favourite movie" I said "The Usual Suspects?" Marcus asked, I nodded in response.

"Get her red liquorice and she will" Marcus said "red liquorice, got it"

"And extra buttered popcorn" he added "and I'm getting these because...." I trailed off, "because while your getting butter for mom, I'll be trying to avoiding Cheryl" he smirked.

"How do you know she's going?" I asked "it's Cheryl, when has she ever missed a public event"

"Good point" I said, "yep" he said popping on the 'p'

"I can't believe you guys actually dated, there's just a really, really big difference between you guys" I said scrunching my nose up "not really, we got on great. We actually talked about things after school was over"

"What like marriage and kids?" I asked, "yeah but it was only brief, we just wanted to get it out, make it clear if things became long-term"

"Could you imagine Cheryl Blossom being my sister-in-law" I scoffed "just remember that you guys were friends before I left" he said "exactly, we were then she got you sent away" I replied.

"But for future reference, when you do have kids there better be another Annabelle Underwood in the family".

"And when you have kids with Jughead there can be a Marcus Jones"

I scoffed nudging him "in your dreams"

"My future nieces and nephews, I can see them already. Sardonic humour and a closet full of grey beanies to cover their dirty blonde hair" he said clapping his hands together.

I stuck my tongue out at him, while he laughed at me.

"Hopefully your kids will be a little more mature than you" my jaw dropped and Marcus laughed hysterically.

"Douche" I said trying not to smile.

"Hopefully your kids won't have an ugly mug like you" I shot back, he placed his hand over his heart and pretending to fall back.

"Ouch, Anna that really hurt. Second grade comebacks ow" he grunted before chuckling "good" I smirked turning on my heel and skipping out of the kitchen.

I paused before going up the stairs and turned back to Marcus.

"Oh and hopefully they won't be as stupid as you"

"How mature Anna, I'm hurt" he laughed.

I chuckled, it's good to have my brother back. One sibling down, one more to go.

"This shade of blues disgusting" I said scrunching my nose as Veronica held up a blue top to me, "it matches your skin tone" Veronica smiled.

"No V, it doesn't" I said monotone.

"Can't I just wear what I always wear?" I asked, "do you really think Jughead likes your grunge look?".

I told Veronica that I was going to be with Jughead for the movie and she instantly thought it was a date, so instead of me wearing just a pair of jeans a jacket and a comfy shirt she is going all out trying to make me look great for my date- I actually don't even know what to call it.

"He likes my grunge look"

"Does he?" Veronica said "do you?" I countered "of course I do" Veronica replied.

"Then why should I change my clothes, who cares if he doesn't like it. I'm sure he'd care if I had my boobs hanging out" I said.

"Alright" she said

"I'm still not wearing that shirt, like I said. That blue is disgusting and it's killing my brain cells just looking it" I said.

"Please, pretty please with a cherry on top" she begged I gave her a look which shut her down instantly.

"Fine then, what do you suggest" Veronica said putting her hands on her hips, I stood from my seated position and rummaged through my closet.

"Bingo" I smirked pulling out my clothes.

I showed Veronica and her eyes nearly popped out her head, she clasped her hands together and bounced on the spot "I LOVE IT" she squealed. My smirk grew bigger as I ushered her out of the door and changed.

I dressed in a black top with my usual waist length black jacket over the top, I threw on my red and black plaid skirt that went up to my waist and ended mid thigh. I slid my black see through stockings on and threw two long necklaces over my head and placed some rings on. I slid my pair of red ankle boots on and parted my hair on the side.

When I went to get Veronica I opened my door seeing her and Marcus talking to each other.

She was at least a foot smaller than him and they were obviously getting along, goodie the last thing I need is for Marcus and Veronica to hate each other. I cleared my throat breaking up their conversation, Veronica grinned clapping her hands together.

"A, you look so good" Veronica smiled "Jughead will totally like that"

"Oh so you are going with Jughead tonight" Marcus smirked crossing his arms over his chest "well who do you think suggested 'The Usual Suspects'" I smirked back.

"Come on V, we don't want to be late" I said taking her by the arm and pulling her outside and into my car.

Once we got to the drive-in Veronica and I parted and I searched for Jughead. I found him waiting with everyone else for popcorn, his eyes completely trained on me.

My cheeks turned scarlet as I made my way over to him.

"Hey" I smiled sheepishly "h-hey" I stuttered "you look g-great Anna"

"Thank you" I giggled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

He smirked at me grabbing a box of popcorn and a pack of skittles "you told me skittles is your favourite" he said.

"I told you that at pops, that was weeks ago how do you remember that?" I grinned "I remember a lot of things about you" he said, my heart fluttered at him my knees becoming weak.

"Do you want to go to the screening room now?" He asked, I nodded happily as he handed me the skittles. I followed after him and he lead me to the screening room.

My eyes widened at the classic movie posters, all of my favourites. I smiled running up to one of the walls and examining the to the Pulp Fiction poster with Uma Thurman on the cover. "This is amazing, I've always wanted this poster" I grinned.

"You can have it if you'd like" Jughead said "are you serious?" I asked excited. He nodded, I squealed touching the smooth paper as I peeled it down and rolled it up I placed it on the table then my eyes caught something.

A fold out bed.

"Jughead...." I trailed off.

"Yeah" he said setting up the projector "why is there a fold out bed in here" I replied a little panicked.

His eyes darted to me and the bed and he began shaking his head "no, no, no it's just there for when I work late. I stay the night sometimes" he said.

My nerves calmed down and I ran a hand through my hair.

"And the movie starts in 3, 2, 1"

Marcus's P.O.V

The movie had ended, yet I didn't want to leave. I was helping Veronica and Kevin clean up Kevin's car since I parked a few cars away from them. Veronica was helping Kevin fold the blankets they used, a small smile on her face as she did so. I was dumping all the popcorn buckets and drinks in the bin ignoring the Southside Serpents yells, idiots.

I went to grab Veronica another blanket but I froze when I saw a small ring sitting on top of it, I shrugged taking it and holding it out to Veronica.

"Hey Veronica" she looked to me making a 'hm' sound, "is this your ring?" I asked.

"No, I don't really like ruby's. Ask Cheryl she was sitting with us" she said. Cheryl was sitting with them, oh god no.

"Where is she now?" I asked, "she's just went to the bathroom, she'll be out soon"

"Can you give her the ring?"

Veronica shrugged "sure" she took the ring out of my palm and tucked it in her pocket. "Marcus, can I ask you a question" Veronica said "you just did, but go ahead" I replied. "How come you left Riverdale, I know it's known of my business but Anna seemed really upset when she told me about you"

Anna must've told her I left by choice, Anna your taking after our mother.

"It was a build of things really, school, being the perfect son, my friends, football" I said, "and Cheryl?" Veronica asked.

I looked at her furrowing my brows, did Anna tell her about that as well.

"Cheryl told me" Cheryl talked about me "and I don't think your an ass, it's Cheryl I understand why you wanted to get out. But all that other stuff was just uncalled for"

"I never hit her" I said, "then why would she say you did" Veronica replied sticking her hand on her hip.

"My dad used to hit my mom, and because of that I'd never hit her. I couldn't tell anyone that because my mom made me promise not to say anything. I never touched Cheryl" I explained, "then why did you break up with her?"

"I don't know" I said looking down, "just make sure she gets that ring" I continued before saying goodbye and walking back to my car where my sleeping mother was waiting for me.

Sliding in my car, I took a look at my mom that's when I noticed the jacket lying on her.

I took the jacket off her body and my eyes widened at the logo on the back.

The Southside Serpents.

Anna's P.O.V

My boots clacked against the concrete pathway as both Jughead and I walked up to my house, we climbed the stairs and I stopped in front of my front door turning to Jughead. "Thank you, I had a really good time tonight" I smiled smoothing down my hair.

"Are you sure I can keep this?" I asked holding the poster in my hands.

"Of course you can" Jughead smiled, "thank you" I said.

"I'll see you on Monday then" he said "yeah definitely" I replied tucking a lock of hair behind me ear.

"I love it when you do that"

"Do what?" I asked "whenever you're nervous you tuck a piece of hair behind your ear" he said a smile creeping onto his lips, "I've noticed that whenever your annoyed you crack your knuckles" I replied.

He smiled as a blush crept onto my cheeks, his eyes flickered down to my lips before looking back into my eyes. Slowly his hand cupped my cheek causing electric sparks to shoot through my body, at his touch I moved closer closing the space between us. His other hand moved and rested on my waist and mine moved to his arms moving upwards until they rested on his shoulders, we moved closer my eyes flickered to his lips his minty breath fanning my face as he leaned closer. My hands moved to the back of his neck twisting my fingers around his hair as he moved closer to me. He hesitated pulling back an inch, I mentally groaned in disagreement. I so desperately wanted to feel his lips against mine. He looked into my eyes as if he was asking for permission, in an answer I moved us closer standing on my tippy toes as I practically begged for him to kiss me.

Then he slowly let his lips brush against mine in a short kiss my eyes closed and so did his, he pulled back after that quick peck. I opened my eyes and looked into his releasing a breath I didn't realise I was holding, but he wasn't finished with that small kiss because he pulled me closer and kissed me. I grasped his shoulders as we moved closer and fireworks shot throughout my body, it felt like I was on fire his warm hands holding my face delicately while his lips moved against mine in perfect sync. I kissed him back snuggling into his warm body as more and more fireworks burst from the contact of our skin.

All of a sudden the front door opened and I instantly pulled back from Jughead, I looked towards the door my cheeks flushed red when I saw my mother standing in the door way her arms crossed as she leaned against the door frame.

"Hello" she said a slight smugness in her voice.

"Hi mom" I said before leaving Jughead's arms and walking inside, I took once last peek at Jughead giving him a small wave before mom shut the door.

"What was that?" She asked playfully, "I don't know" I shrugged before running upstairs and into my room.

I closed the door to my room and opened my window seeing Jughead still walking away.

I poked my head out and called out "Beanie!"

He spun around and looked up to me "what?" He asked "that's my nickname for you. It's beanie" I called.

He cupped his hands around his mouth "I love it" I giggled leaning on the windowsill my heart pounding a million miles per second.

"Goodnight Bella" he smiled "goodnight beanie" I called my smile widening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Light A Match By Aut

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 81 18
- COMPLETED - Everywhere she went she was known as Fire. Cheryl Blossom rocked red, displayed fire in her soul. That was until the day she met Toni...
8.5K 375 20
A tragic event happened and both of them lived in separate ways. Broken and Lost. How will they surpass all their worries and fears? Will Cheryl and...
6.2K 75 34
Two completely different college students met a at party. Maybe like people like to say "Opposites attract" and the universe put them together.
104K 1.6K 21
what happens when Reggie's secret summer love moves to Riverdale high to go to school with her cousin and people realize shes not really what his typ...