The Alpha's Law

By HolyxHarold

Riley Marie Kendall grew up like any other American girl. And as any other normal 16 year old should, she tho... More

01- The Alpha's Law
02- Torchwood
03- Torchwood High
04- Where's Ian?
05- You have got to be kidding me
06- What now!?!?
07- Mate who?
08- Jaley
09- Memories
10- Busted!
11- Over
12- Treehouse
13- Invite
14- Future
15- Party Part 1
16- Party Part 2
17- Almost There
18- Meet the parents
19- Point Place
20- Noah
21- Hospital
22- Training
24- Of The End
25- The Trade
26- Steven
27- You're What?
28- Coming Out
Epilogue

23- The Beginning

22K 651 84
By HolyxHarold

PICTURE OF KAMERON TO THE SIDE>>>>>>>>>>>

"I never get over the view" I sigh, staring out of the window of the tree house. It is the seventh time we have come up here but I still can't get over the view. That and the way Jace smiles up here is pure perfection. I sit back, snuggled in between Jace's legs. The sun is setting and birds are flying past the window.

I close my eyes breathing in the wonderful woodsy smell of Jace and the trees around us. There is only one day before the Red Lupei pack is supposed to come for Thomas so we are trying to spend quality time before things get bad.

'Do you really like it?' Jace asks putting his face in my neck. I sigh, nodding my head. I love it up here, who wouldn't. Although we don't get up here a lot since Justin brings Cassie up here all the time. 

"Then why don't you stay up here during the fight?" Jace whispers slowly. I turn around to face him a little angrily. I have been preparing for this for a month. I need to prove myself to the pack. In two months I will be there new Luna and right now they think I am a slut, I really need to step up my game.

"No way" I screech slapping his chest. A painful look crosses his face but I am not giving up on this. 

"I don't want you getting hurt" He says seriously. A twinkle shines in his eyes and a frown replaced his care free smile. This is so important to me; I have to be there. I just look at him until the frown slips from his face. He knows how important this is for my impression on the pack. I am petrified he is going to get hurt but I would never ask him to sit out. I know how important it is to me.

"Okay, it's just what if you get hurt. I would ne-" Jace sighs before I cut him off. I put my finger on his lips, silencing him. He worries too much. One of these days he is going to have a heart attack once he becomes alpha.

I get up pulling Jace from the tree house. I'm wearing crappy clothes so I jump off the ladder, changing in midair, tearing them to shreds. Jace follows suit and chases me through the forest. The sun beans off my fur and the leaves hit softly against my snout.

I lead Jace over to the stream we came to last week. I set up a picnic and we spent the day here. Unlike last time however, we stay in wolf form and sit under the sun. No words are spoken and we just lay around playing for hours until the sun sets. 

It has only been a couple of months since I met Jace but it feels like an eternity. I can't even imagine living without him anymore. His scent, his smile, his hair, his voice, everything about him is perfection. When I first found out about mates and him being mine I was more than worried, scared, and unhappy. Now I can't even remember what it felt like to be without him. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

                                                                                       <~*~>

(Chloe's POV)

"Why don't we just get it over with?" Nick asks holding my hand. I blush a little looking away from him. God this guy is so damn thirsty. No matter what we are doing we end up making out or going farther than that. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it but after getting walked in on by a million people including my sister, it gets a little embarrassing.

"Wow that sounds romantic" I smile sarcastically getting up to sit on the window sill. Nick's logic is that we should just mate right now. He says there is no way to tell if he will even be alive a week from now. He has a point but it just seems so soon. I love Nick, I really do. It is just so scary to think about having kids in what a year! I mean I had no plans for college or anything but I am definitely not mom material. Without guidance I might accidentally feed them lighter fluid or Windex.

I guess it wouldn't be that bad though, spending the rest of my life with Nick. It would be interesting to see what our half Asian half basic blonde kids would look like. And compared to the other werewolf couples here we are taking it slow even though technically we aren't a werewolf couple since I am human. 

"Babe. I love you, I'm ready but I will always wait for you" He says looking into my eyes. My heart melts, he is perfect. We are such opposites and it works. At first I was scared that we wouldn't have what the other couples in the pack house have, since Nick's mate passed away. But everything has gone perfectly. I can honestly say I love Nick. Better face the inevitable than wait until it's too late. I am a spontaneous person and this is certainly spontaneous.

"Okay" I smile sitting on his lap. His black eyes twinkle in the light. It's almost creepy sometimes that he is a twin. It is like making out with Lao. 

Nick smiles pulling me into a deep kiss. Explosions shoot between us, shocking my lips and body. This is one of the best feelings I have ever felt. I hope it will last forever.

                                                                                     <~*~>

(Riley's POV)

"Ugh do we have to go to this?" I whine looking around. Mom and Dad invited Cassie, Nick, Lao, Lucas, Jace, Jacob, and Miles to a barbecue. I don't know whether it is a last minute fun thing to do before the fight over Thomas or a way for Dad to use the extra meat going bad in the freezer.

"It's gonna be fun" Miles smiles hopping about. I think the red bull he had earlier is starting to get to him. Miles comes with built in hyperness he does not need an energy drink in his system. His snapback bounces on top of his head as he jumps up, trying to see over our fence.

"Calm down young grasshopper" Lucas says pulling Miles's hood over his head so it covers his entire face. Mile tries to fight but Jace and Jacob join in the struggle. Miles might be two years younger but the other three sure act way less mature

Cassie and I role our eyes walking into my backyard, leaving the boys to fight it out. Mom and Dad aren't in the backyard yet but Ian, Nick, Kameron, and Chloe sit huddled around in a small circle. By the size of Kameron's smile, something is definitely going on.

"What did we miss?' I smile, scooping up Ian, taking his seat, and plopping him on my lap. He protests but finally gives in. Chloe blushes a deep red and Kameron laughs maniacally. This one must be good. A wisp of wind passes by, twirling Chloe's hair as her scent wafts in my face. It smells different. Like New books, yarn, and freshly cut grass. That is more of Nick's smell than hers. She usually smells like bubblegum. Why wou-... OHHH. Two and two click together in my head and my jaw drops.

"You did not" I gasp jumping up. Ian goes flying onto his face a foot away. I leap over to her, pushing her neck to the side. There, two marks lay on the soft spot. I can't believe she got mated and marked before me! 

"What's it like?" I ask coming in closer. Cassie and Chloe giggle and laugh about being mated. A spurt of jealously fills me as I think about Jace. It isn't fair how they can just prance around so care free about their mates and I have to keep mine in secret. Plus Chloe and Nick don't have to go through the council's laws since Chloe is human. Fair? I think not.

I sit back in my seat picking Ian back up. I should be congratulating Chloe but I am sitting here sulking. I am a horrible sister.

"This should be fun" Kameron snickers turning to Mom and Dad who just emerged from the back door. Now this should be hilarious. Chloe mating to a guy Mom and Dad have only met once should go down smoothly.

Mom and Dad walk around talking to each of our friends. Nick starts to twitch as Dad makes his way over to him and Jace.  Jace smiles, hugging my mom and shaking hands with my dad. Ever since training started Jace and my dad have been spending a lot of time together. I think Dad is really starting to like him.

Mom and Dad make their way over to where Nick is shaking on the spot. Chloe shoots him an apologetic look as they both sniff the air. Kameron can barely contain his laughter and nick is sweating bullets. Dad is a big muscular guy, someone definitely to be 

"Wow Dad what's that smell?" Kameron hints raising his eyebrows practically to the sky. Dad sniffs Nick again frowning deeply. A smile sneaks its way on my face as Nick gulps loudly.

"First one of my daughters spends all her time with her alpha boyfriend now my last good child gets mated without even introducing us to her mate" Mom smiles enveloping Nick in a hug. That is the last thing that I expected. I thought mom would start to cry and Dad would start to go hulk but there he is shaking hands with Nick. I never understand werewolves.

Chloe lets out a sigh, relaxing back in her chair. It's almost disappointing how much of an under reaction Mom and Dad had. When they found me and Jace just sleeping together Dad blew up, Chloe mates and now they are understanding. I knew they always liked her better than me.

Mom and Dad finish introducing themselves and then start the barbecue.  We sit around talking and eatng for what feels like hours. Dad, Jacob, Jace, Kameron, Miles, and Lucas talked about usual guy stuff while everyone else talked about girl stuff. I mainly hang out with Ian, while he plays with the bugs in the grass. For some reason my mood just sank out of nowhere a half hour after we got here.

Jace motions me over to the fire Kameron started in the fire pit. Mom and Dad have went back inside with Ian leaving us alone in the dark. I walk over, sitting between Lao and Cassie. Nick and Chloe sit across from us, holding hands and being all cuddly, for some reason it makes my stomach churn. 

"Wanna do five things?" Cassie suggest making everyone shut up for a second. That is actually good idea. Although we have all hung out so much, I really don't know the deep details about them. Honestly I don't even know Jace's middle name, that's sad. I mean we played twenty questions and got to know each other but besides that and being mates for a couple months, we are strangers.

"Okay" I agree. This should actually be fun. It might at least brighten my mood a lot. 

"I'll go first" Jacob yells almost falling into the fire. His grey eyes sparkle in the dim light from the fire. I haven't hung out with Jacob alone in so long, I miss him.

"My favorite color is blue, I play the piano, I need to find my mate because I am like the last one,  love skateboarding, and my wolf is a homicidal freak" Jacob smiles watching the swarm of tiny bugs go by. Chloe kisses Nick's cheek making me want to throw up, I don't know what is going on but just the sight of them making me angry. Maybe it's because of the full moon. 

"Okay, my favorite color is black. I actually do not know how to use chopsticks. I love grand theft auto. I don't want a mate, I wanna stay single and mingle. "Lao smirks giving his signature cackle laugh. This guy is crazy, who wouldn't want a mate? 

I start playing with my toms, shutting out the sounds of Nick and Chloe saying how much they love each other. If Jace and i are this bad when we finally do mate I hope my wolf kills me from the inside. If they start Eskimo kissing I swear I will go wolf on both of their love sick butts.

"My favorite color is grey. I don't like shirts. My wolf is very very sexual. My best friend is coffee, and I want to move to New York" Lucas says fixing his hair. I knew Lucas wanted to relocate to another part of the pack but I didn't think it would be so far. I definitely knew he doesn't like shirts, none of the guys here do. If they could walk around naked I bet they would.

"My favorite color is orange. I love singing and drawing. I used to have one a strawberry on my lip but it went away. I don't like kids and my favorite place to be is somewhere cold." Cassie smiles. Of course her favorite color would be orange, her hair looks like the sun. I knew she didn't like kids which sucks because she has to have them anyway. I don't even want to think about that because all those thought will lead to the council. And no one wants to think about the council.

"My favorite color is blue too. Longboard is life. My bracelets and snapbacks are my best friends. I love to g-" Miles cuts off as sound erupts from the pack link. Something breaks in the house as everyone jumps in surprise. Chloe looks around not knowing what's going on. Hundreds of voices all yell at once so none of them is intelligible. I look over to Jace not quite sure what to do. 

All at once the voices stop and a sort of buzzing fills my head. Everyone is deathly quiet and still. I am afraid to even cough in case I miss something.

Suddenly a loud voice echoes through my head like a bullhorn in an empty gym.

"They're here. They are all here. The Red Lupei's... And they are coming for Thomas"

______________________________________________________________

Hm. I don't know why I don't like this chapter, but I hope you guys do. the book is almost over but I think there will be around 30 something chapters. I love comments so comment away!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

400 44 35
Four years. It's been four years since Mason has disappeared. Four years that Alaina has led their pack. Four years of raising their daughter. Four y...
1M 48.8K 29
*Sequel to The Unnoticed Mate* *Can be read as a stand alone* ยฉMadnessReverie Highest Ranking #31 in Werewolf Hailey is a daughter of an Alpha and...
171K 6K 39
Tessa Quinn had everything figured out, and as the daughter of Alphas Fletcher and Ryder Quinn she's always gotten anything she's ever needed or want...
50.8K 1.6K 39
COMPLETED, but not edited! ๐˜‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ 5 ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜™๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด. *โƒ In which a young girl is swept into the manipulative tricks a...