Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3
Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Chapter 26

2.7K 49 36
By Hhhhhh05

"Maxon Schreave."

I stood up and clapped with enthusiasm. He looked so handsome in his cap and gown, and even better in the fitted suit he is wearing underneath. He walked up to the podium and the announcer bowed formally and giggled, reaching out to Shake his hand. (Probably just wanted an excuse to hold his hand) As if he couldn't help it, he looked at her from underneath his eyelashes and kissed her hand instead. He caught my eye and I rolled them, showing him that I wasn't buying the charm. He just winked.

"America Singer."

Maxon wooped and hollered a bit too loudly and I shot him a glare. There was also cheering that was a little too loud in the general area of Maxon and I's parents. I curtsied deeply and the announcer handed me my diploma. I joined Maxon and the rest of the class on the other side of the room. I grabbed his hand and tangled my fingers with his.

We sat through the rest of the names before they presented are class. I switched the tassel to the other side and than through my cap in the air. With my hand in his, we made our way over to our parents. My mom and dad immediately pulled me into a hug. I pulled back and smile at them. I turned around and Amberley pulled me into a hug of her own. Clarkson disregarded me with a simple 'congrats'

Well than.

~oOo~

"Welcome home!" May squealed as we entered. May merely waved  at the others before bounding over to me. "It is so great to see you! I'm so happy to have you back home, when your not running away from your problems!!"

I think that last comment was supposed to be endearing. It's not. I'll just ignore it...

"Yeah," I laughed. "It's great to be here."

I think Im the only one who realized I said 'here' instead of 'home'.

She huffed. "You've barely seen any of this place. There are more rooms than just your current hiding place, for your info. I can't wait to show you around."

May turned on her heels to greet Viveca. "Vivi! It is so good to have you back for the summer. The trouble we could get into..."

They walked down a long hallway leaving the rest of us.

"I'm going to go find Kenna," Mom said and was followed her.

"I guess it's just us," Delancy chuckled. "What do you want to do?"

"I think I'll just go and unpack," I said, itching to get away.

"Is that code for 'go and video chat Maxon'?" She asked, knowingly.

I just winked.

~oOo~

"Hey there," I drawled, once his face appeared on the screen. "What are you doing?"

"I hope this doesn't sound pathetic after everything we've been through together. But I've been sitting by my computer waiting for you to call," he admitted, blushing slightly.

"Don't be embarrassed. I would of called you the second I left Angeles if I had better cell connection," I laughed.

I stated at the screen and Maxon stared back. I was blatantly aware of the square black computer frame around his face. It just reminded me that he wasn't here and I wasn't there. The only thing keeping us together was a screen and some wires.

"I miss you," I sighed.

"Me too," he agreed.

"Maybe I can fly out there this weekend?" I suggested.

"I have to entertain guests."

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know"

"This will work out right?" I asked.

"It always does."

"But what if it Doesn't?" I argued.

"Than we choose a new path."

~oOo~

"This is the Indoor pool room," Delaney said as we entered. I barely acknowledged the gigantic jelly bean shaped pool, water slides and diving boards in all, with at least 5 different hot tubs the size of a normal pool. Okay. Maybe I acknowledged it a Little bit. I fidgeted with the skirts of my dress and clicked my heels together obsessively. I checked the time on my phone and sighed in aggravation. Than repeated.

"America!" Delaney yelled in aggravation. "He is probably busy. So stop constantly checking your phone and enjoy the luxurious pool."

"Fine," I sighed and tucked my phone protectively under my cover up.

There was a constant cycle. I would swim a bit, look at my phone longingly, than be practically drowned by Delancy. I was at the part where I looked at my phone longingly when Delaney snapped.

"America Rose Singer!" She cursed. "Just get out of the pool and go to your phone. Your might as well put a tracking device on him."

I smiled goofily as I climbed out of the pool. Also ignoring her last comment. I bounded over to the lounge chair and grabbed my cover up. I checked my phone for any messages, calls, FaceTimes. Nothing. What could he be doing?

"Mmmmm. Bikini..." a familiar voice whispered from behind me.

I turned around so fast that the flash would be threatened and threw myself into his open arms. I kissed his face repeatedly before connecting his lips with my own. I pulled back And tucked my head in the crook of his neck and basked in his scent. Mmmmm...

"You're here!" I exclaimed.

"Where else would I be?" He laughed.

"I love you," I sighed happily.

"I love you too."

Over Maxon's shoulder I caught Delaney gagging exaggeratedly and fainting dramatically. I rolled my eyes and pulled back from his warm embrace.

I looked up at him. "How long can you stay?"

He checked his watch. "Not long. I stopped here on a split flight to Ballin. I can only stay for an hour or two."

I pouted. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, my dear," Maxon murmured.

"Oh my god. I've never wanted to be called your dear so much," I mumbled against his lips before kissing him again

Later that day...

I gripped his hand with all of my might yet he still managed to pry my fingers out of his own.

"America, I have to go," he frowned.

"I don't wanna leave you," I mumbled pathetically.

"Than don't," a voice calls from behind me. There my dad stood with a suitcase in his hands. I raised an eyebrow questioningly at him. "The only time I ever truly see you smile is when you're talking about him. And according to Amberley it's the same with him. So I've arranged with the king and Queen for you to stay there."

"But..."

"Not buts. As long as your happy so am I," my dad smile softly. "Separate bedrooms though."

I laughed. "Of course."

I turned back to Maxon and grabbed his hand. "You can never pry me away."

"I would never think of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.2K 29
Completed: What if America didn't find out about her father passing until the morning? What if Maxon didn't hear that crash in the hallway the night...
115K 2.2K 38
America is heartbroken by her break up with her ex-boyfriend Aspen. Prince Maxon is tired if the constant disrespect from his parents and peers. So h...
151K 2.3K 48
I am a total Maxerica shipper so read the whole thing before giving up one me. Queen Amberlys first miscarriage never happened. Leaving Maxon with...
221K 7.4K 47
The Selection Fan Fiction "I, Clarissa Dossen, will never be free from the cage of other people's choices." Clarissa Dossen is a 17 year...