Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3
Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Chapter 25

3.1K 55 64
By Hhhhhh05

I tucked the dress into the little cardboard box. I wore this one to breakfast with the Queen and King when I visited with Maxon. It was cream with black lace patterns and was a gift from the queen. A dress she had once worn herself.

I couldn't help but sigh longingly as I placed the next dress in the cardboard moving boxes. It was a dress with a flowing blue skirt, and a sparkling silver bodice. I wore it to the talent show. The same day me and Maxon got together.

The last dress needed it's own box in its own. It was the  dress I wore to the event at the palace, the night I went flying back to Carolina to find Maxon. It was big and blue  and lacy. It had to be cropped so that it would fit my momentarily skinny form. 

I leaned back and fell to the floor. Since when did I get so many dresses and why do I remember where and why I wore each one. I guess there has just been a lot that's happened since I came to this school. And dare I say it....I might miss this place.

I taped the last box closed and look at my now Empty room. The walls were bare and now I finally got to praise the vibrancy of the blue my sister picked out. I also had taken for granted the size of the room and it was making me feel bad. Did you know closets look a lot bigger when there is nothing in them? My room just didn't look right with nothing in it. All there is in here is a pile of boxes, and a piano. Because the school didn't move it out with the rest of my furniture. My sister bought it personally.

It seemed hypocritical of me to seem so happy about leaving, yet not wanting to go. I was going to stay at the palace till the graduation in 3 days by the demand of the Queen. And trust me I'm beyond excited, but this has been my home for a year now. And I'm not looking forward to leaving.

Strong hands covered my eyes and an alluring voice murmured in my ear,"Guess who?"

I couldn't hold back a smile and I whipped around to face him. "Who?!" I gasped dramatically.

Maxon laughed lightly and wrapped his arms around my waist. I immediately rested my own on his shoulders and pressed my lips to his own.

"Are you ready to go?" He whispered.

"We're getting there," I assured him.

"That's great," he laughed nervously and I felt him began wringing his hands nervously against my lower back.

"Maxon," I pulled back and sent him a suspicious look. "What's wrong?"

"There is some sort or celebratory ball for my graduation my mom failed to mention going on this weekend," Maxon admitted.

"And since I'll be staying there, your mom wants me to attend," I concluded.

His head was down but he was looking up at me nervously through his eye lashes. It was an adorable sight to behold.

"I'll find a dress," I sighed reluctantly.

His smile grew. "No need. My mom already has one made."

I shook my head. The things I do for this man.

But I wasn't ready for the ball. This would be my first official event at this palace as the prince of Illea's girlfriend. The thought of hanging on his arm all night and making polite small talk sickens Me just a bit.

But this was for Maxon.

And that meant everything.

~oOo~

"Hello again," I shyly greeted the three maids who took care of me last time I was here.

They curtsied and I pursed my lips. I know I'm some version of royalty, but the curtsying was a little much. Though I didn't want to be the cliché girl who tells them not to curtsy they you see in the movies.

"Good afternoon, miss," they synchronized.

"So there's a big party tonight," I chuckled awkwardly.

"Not a party, Princess. A ball," The tall dark haired one corrected.

"Uh huh," I said slowly. "And who will be attending?"

"The kings and queens of all 35 provinces," the small blonde one answered.

The other maid piped in. "That is why we've acquired a beautiful Ball gown from new Asia."

"That is very kind of you..." I scraped my memory for her name. But..nothing

"Mary," She suggested politely. "This is Anne. And that is Lucy."

I nodded in thanks.

"May we begin getting you ready?" Anne asked.

I nodded.

Lucy quickly rushed to prepare a bath for me. She kindly put all types of snazzy things in it. She used vanilla scented bubble bath and lavender bath suds and bombs. It was very kind. And when I sunk into the water all my worries went away.

I walked out of the bathroom in a plush bathrobe they provided. They were already there and ready. Lucy began applying lotion to my skin and Mary went to work on drying my hair. Anne ran into the empty closet. To fetch my dress I presume.

The dress was truly a sight to behold. And it looked even better once it graced my body with its presence. The deep red fabric of the not too puffy skirt complimented and contrasted my pale skin. The bodice wasn't revealing yet it was more adult. It was a see through-ish yet tannish material that would seem a bit inappropriate If it weren't for the rose design that covered it up. It started up at my chest and down to the beginnings of the skirts of the dress, and was a large bunch of roses sort of design sewn right into the tan/neutral material.

There was a knock on the door as they finished up my hair.

I turned to my handy maids and flashed them the most grateful smile I could muster.

"Don't thank us," Lucy assured me. "Just go knock our Prince dead."

"Not literally," Anne backtracked.

I sent her a reassuring smile and opened the door to my doom.

~oOo~

Maxon and I, and his family were the first into the ballroom as we were supposed to greet the guests. King Clarkson and Queen Amberley made small talk with us before ushering us to the Comfy throne-like chairs we were to sit in at the back of the room.

The guards opened the door and I cringed as the first family walked through. Maxon gripped my hand.

The guard cleared his throat. "King Herald, Queen Rebecca, and Princess Kriss of Columbia."

"Queen Rebecca. So nice to see you," Queen Amberley greeted as the two kings went straight into Politics.

Kriss just glared and flipped her hair over her shoulder. She walked to the drinks table and completely ignored us.

"At least you don't have to worry about her judging. She already knew," Maxon reasoned.

I nodded and looked straight ahead.

"King Bartholemule, Queen Tristen, Princess Nicole, and Prince Mason of Dakota."

I hid my head in my hands. How many people from school were going to be here. I just got out of that place and now the whole school is coming to me.

The ball was in full swing in no time. It was as lively as a boring ball could possibly get. I was dying to get out of these seats, but we had to greet all of the guests before we stood up. There were like 5 more guests to come. And of course one of them was my family.

"King James and Queen Kenna Orders of Carolina."

A smile faintly graced my face as my sister waved enthusiastically at me. I waved politely back as she went to make small talk with the king and Queen. Kenna and James were the youngest royal couple yet. The only reason they are already king and Queen Instead of prince and princess, is because of some policy in Carolina that says you are king and Queen once married.

I grimaced when the guard Announced the last guests. Late as always.

"Princess Jacquelyn and Princess Cadence of Pompeii."

Jacquelyn avoided are gazes as she greeted the king and Queen kindly, where as Cadence came at us with an 100 watt smile.

Finally I was able to get up from those blasted seats. Which are not as comfy as the look. I had danced with Maxon and people from school (which Maxon didn't like because well, they were guys). I had spoken with foreign dignitaries, which I had no idea why they were at the prince of another countries graduation ball. And I have barely gotten to speak to my friends. Like Marlee. And Celeste. Who were both here with there parents, yet I could not speak to them.

The best moment of my night so far has finally come. I was able to slip away from Maxon, and am now hiding by the confines of the drinks table. I poured myself a small glass of fancy punch, instead of wine. I heard a long time ago the drinking age was 21 instead of 18. I think it still should be.

I noticed from the corner of my eye Kriss sipping an Amber liquid. Two problems with that. 1) I know Kriss is only 17, because she brags about it thinking she is older than most at the academy. 2) There is no amber colored wine being given out here. Which means she is drinking alcohol, not only alcohol. Alcohol that she snuck in. Which I am going to guess is beer, or something worse.

I set down my glass of punch and confronted her quietly.

"Hey Kriss," I greeted.

"America," she said in surprise. "Hi."

"What you got there?" I asked.

Her eyes became calculating and her expression hardened. "Apple juice."

Kriss went to walk away by I grabbed her hand. "Kriss," I whispered slowly. "We both know that is no apple juice."

"What are you going to do America? Loosen up. I'm just trying to have a little fun," Kriss drawled lazily. "We are at a stuck up ball and Id rather not be."

"Give me the alcohol kris," I said looking around nervously. I didn't want to cause a scene.

"Make me," she said chugging the rest of the liquid in the glass. Very lady like.

I pulled her by her arm and over to a guard. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder like we wet the best of buddies and turned to him. Still holding her arm behind her back.

"Hi," I greeted the guard with a bright smile. I leaned in as if whispering one of Illea's deepest secrets. "My friend here has had one to many glasses of wine. Would you mind escorting her to a room?"

Kriss protested weakly. Apparently she had, had more of that stuff than I thought.

The guard smirked knowingly. "There's always one."

I nodded as if sad and we shared a look. He gently took Kriss's arm and me her away.

I smiled triumphantly. At least I did something good tonight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

448K 4.9K 52
This is an alternate ending to The One. In this story King Clarkson and Queen Amberly are alive and still in reign as Maxon and America take on life...
151K 2.3K 48
I am a total Maxerica shipper so read the whole thing before giving up one me. Queen Amberlys first miscarriage never happened. Leaving Maxon with...
189K 2.3K 40
The selection has ended. Maxon has chosen the girl he wants to marry. The choice was unexpected. He chose Kriss Ambers. Maxon was happy until the day...
164K 1.4K 62
America finally has Maxon. Happily married. She has the responsibilities as queen. Everyone adores the royal couple. But when Maxon starts to drink a...