Catch Me If I Fall (Dancetale...

By Singeroftales

After a horrible accident sans misses his chance to enter into the biggest dance comp ever to take place in t... More

The Chance
The Fall
The Perfect Partner...?
The Agreement
The Internal Struggle
The Start
The First Practise
The Conversation Pt 1
The Conversation Pt 2
The Last Night
The First Dance
The Promise
The Announcement
The Talk
The Day I Met The Sword Wielding Fish Lady
The Past
The Roll Call
The Quarter-Finals
The Mentor
The Festival
The Lead Up
The Final Call
Quick A/N
The Day Out

The 'Accident'

946 35 45
By Singeroftales

I am back. Sorry for the lack of updates for the past week or so. I got swamped with 'adult responsibilities' and then fell a bit sick. However I am now back and will try to update as often as possible again :)

Shall we find out what this 'accident' is~

Frisk took a deep breath as she, Sans, Papyrus and Undyne once again entered the familiar towering theatre that was adorned by giant glittery letters that spelt out MTT. The time had come and once again they had been thrown into the spiral of nerves and excitement that was the semi-final round of Mettaton's dance competition.

The routine was similar to the last time they had been to the theatre. They were checked in, led to their separate change rooms, given costumes and told to wait for the hair and makeup artist to arrive. This time round Frisk had been given a long sleeved, black leotard with a lightweight black skirt that swayed with every movement. At first she had believed the leotard was covered in glitter but after a second look she realized the glitter was actually small rhinestones. The entire outfit looked like a starry sky, the complete opposite from what she had worn the last time.

When she had emerged from the dressing room Sans eyes had immediately taken her in, his face flushed blue.

Her own face felt warm under his stare. She noted that he was also in his own outfit. He wore a sleeveless white and black accented shirt with a high collar that fell just short of his waist, revealing the top of his hip bones and spine, and a matching par of pants with black shoes. Frisk had to use the entirety of her willpower to stop herself from staring at the bare bones. Sans seemed to have noticed as his face went a deep blueberry colour.

"w-well kiddo... g-guess we should get to the bare-bones  of this situation.... Mettaton has style..." Sans punned in an attempt to hide his  awkwardness.

Sans looked like he might faint from embarrassment... and possibly something else. Frisk pried her eyes away looking for something to distract her mind from her embarrassing thoughts.

There was a soft knock on the door followed by the familiar voices Patty and Catty. Sans and Frisk remained silent as the two monster chicks did their job while chatting excitedly. When they were finally done the stage manager appeared almost immediately afterwards.

"Good you two are ready. Follow me."

Sans and Frisk followed as told. The stage manager led them to behind the stage once again, however this time they were first to arrive. A minute later Undyne was led into the space where they would wait. The fish lady was wearing a black tank top and white pants. Her hands were covered in black gloves and her feet were bare.

"Heh, looking good Frisk. You too Sans," Undyne told them as she took a seat opposite of them.

"It seems a bit fishy  you're not wearing anything as fancy as last time," Sans stated, taking in her attire.

Undyne gave him a look, "They tried to get me into some weird monkey suit but I told them if they wanted me to dance well that i got to choose what I wear."

Sans chuckled and shrugged, "We cod  have done the same thing."

Undyne made an exasperated sound as she glared at Sans, "You're lucky I like Papyrus or else you would be on your boney butt by now."

Sans smirked as he leaned back with laugh but didn't say anything else, mainly due to the look Frisk was giving him.

Papyrus was next to join the group. He was wearing a frilly white and red shirt with a low dipping collar which revealed his boney chest. He also wore red slacks and white dress shoes.

"You look good, Papyrus," Frisk told the tall skeleton.

Papyrus's face lit up as he noticed his friends and brother, "WHY THANK YOU HUMAN. IT IS SUPPOSED TO MATCH MY THEME~"

"Heh, what theme did that annoying mc give you?" Undyne asked from  where she was propped up against the wall.

"FORBIDDEN LOVE. IT SOUNDS VERY ROMANTIC... THE PERFECT THEME FOR SOMEONE AS GREAT AS MYSELF," Papyrus declared, however he looked slightly nervous. "I HAVE AFTER ALL MEMORISED THE ENTIRE DATING MANUAL."

Sans must have noticed the confused look on Frisk's face as he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "heh, my bro is pretty cool. he memorized the entire book in a day..."

Frisk nodded in understanding but was highly amused still, 'I didn't realise there was a manual for dating.'

"WHAT ABOUT YOURSELF UNDYNE?"

Undyne barked out a loud laugh, "Sacrifice. My mentor was that adorable looking assistant of Mettaton's." Undyne suddenly looked very shy, "She... eh... she was really cool... and smart... and a bit of a nerd.... but...."

Sans chuckled at the fish woman's sudden embarrassment, earning himself a sharp glare from Undyne.

"Shut up Sans... what about you and Frisk huh?" Undyne's eye brows seemed to do a strange wiggle. Frisk would have found the motion rather hilarious if it wasn't for the blossoming blush on her cheeks. Sans's own face mirrored hers but in a shade of blue.

The question was about the theme however it was rather obvious by the way she had said it that she had meant something deeper.

"Sans and I are doing Loss... Our mentor was Asgore," Frisk told the smirking fish monster.

"What! No way your mentor was Asgore!"

"You know him?" Frisk asked in surprise.

Undyne seemed to be caught in disbelief, "Who hasn't! Asgore was the one who taught me a lot of what i know to this day. Well... that was after he split with his partner."

Frisk wanted to ask Undyne more about Asgore and her but was disrupted by a piercing laughter.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here. A fish out of water and a lazy comedian. I'm surprised that calculator chose such washed up acts to  appear in this competition." Chara's red eyes flickered over Undyne and Sans, completely missing Papyrus who stood quietly near the side, and landed on Frisk, "Its a pity someone as stunning and talented as you is associating yourself with such talentless creatures."

Sans and Undyne both seemed to be glaring darkly at the human. Frisk sat their surprised and wary of the human's intense red eyes.

"They are my friends," She stated simply.

Something isn't right about this human its as if...

"You might want to reconsider your words kid. Especially once we make it into the finals without you," Sans warned, his voice deep and the light in his eyes mere pinpricks.

Chara simply scoffed, "Whatever you say comedian." Their eyes returned to meet Frisk, "I expect amazing things from you Frisk."

Frisk shivered at the way Chara pronounced her name before they turned and strode to stand further away from the group.

Beside her a certain skeleton was seething in rage.

"That little-"

"Darlings! It is so good to see you all again~" A certain chirpy robot smiled as he appeared from seemingly nowhere.

Behind him came three other beings. Frisk recognized Asgore immediately as well as the smaller lizard like monster Alphys. Standing near them was a tall strict looking figure. The three mentors, Frisk noted realizing who they were, moved towards their respective dancers. Alphys and Undyne stood next to each other, both looking nervous but happy. Frisk smiled as she watched them.

The strict looking human was standing beside Chara, their conversation too low to be heard. Mettaton was no gushing over Papyrus, much to Sans apparent displeasure. However he was unable to voice his displeasure as Asgore approached, "Sans, Frisk. It is good to see you before the show."

"I'm glad you were able to see us as well Asgore," Frisk smiled up at the fluffy looking monster.

"i agree. its goat  to see you too," Sans winked.

Asgore chuckled quietly to himself before becoming serious again, "Now I've only got a few minutes to talk to the two of you. Firstly, I wanted to wish you two luck and remind you to rely on each other." His eyes flickered to Sans with meaning, however he continued to give them pointers.

"Lastly, don't forget to have fun and try your hardest."

Sans and Frisk promised they would before the two of them were pulled into a warm embrace, "I have faith that you two will do absolutely amazingly."

Pulling away Asgore was swept out with the other mentors and left to wait once again for the cue to prepare.

The sound of monsters and humans alike filtering into the theatre slowly grew in volume as the time passed. Each dancer mentally and physically preparing themselves.

The stage manager appeared to give them the run order, "Okay here's how its going to go. Papyrus you will be the opening act, followed by Undyne, Sans and Frisk and finally Chara. Make sure you're prepared to go, curtains will be opening in 30 minutes."

Papyrus was bouncing with pent up excitement and nerves when he realized he would be going first.

"relax bro, you'll be a real sans-ation out there," Sans told his younger brother.

Papyrus sent him a look before fiddling with his phalanges nervously, "D-DO YOU REALLY THINK I'LL BE A SENSATION?"

"Of course you will be Papyrus. You have real skill," Frisk told him as she took one of his hands into her own and patted them comfortingly.

"see paps even frisk agrees that you'll do great." Sans gave Frisk an appreciative look.

Papyrus smiled at the two of them, "WOWIE. THAT MEANS SO MUCH COMING FROM YOU HUMAN... THANK YOU. I SHALL ALSO TELL YOU THAT YOU WILL DO A GOOD JOB."

Undyne laughed as she took her place beside her best boned buddy, "You've got some real skill Papyrus.  You're going to kill it!"

"Just don't actually kill anything..." Frisk told him, noticing the glint in Undyne's eye.

"I WILL REFRAIN FROM DOING SO HUMAN." Papyrus's gaze turned to the other human standing in the corner watching them darkly, "I ALSO WISH YOU LUCK OTHER HUMAN."

Chara huffed and crossed their arms, "Its not me who is going to need the luck."

"Five minutes till show time!" Came the call as the stage manager arrived and told them to line up in order before taking her place by the stage entrance with a clipboard.

Five minutes...

Four minutes...

Three minutes...

Two minutes...

One minute...

Show time

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Mettaton spun onto stage, his black rhinestone decorated waistcoat bedazzled face reflecting light like a disco ball. The crowd was calling wildly while posters, banners and other objects where waved around in excitement. The entire city of Ebbott had been swept up into the madness that was Mettaton's show.

"Welcome my dear viewers~"

Pause for cheers.

"Are you ready to see your favorites battle it out tonight on this very stage?"

More screams and cheers.

"Well then, without further ado I present to you our very first dancer for the evening. Please put your hands together for the amazing talent that is Papyrus~"

The crowd went wild as banners with images of Papyrus were raised in excitement. The lights on stage dimmed before music began and a flash of light revealed the skeleton. He danced passionately in spins, twists and steps.

Backstage Sans, Frisk and Undyne were watching proudly. Chara was also quietly viewing the dance, eyes studying the skeleton whilst taking note of the cheering crowd, Chara's eyes were slits as they grounded their teeth.

"I should probably do a quick warm up," Undyne muttered to herself as she pulled away from the other two. The fish lady stretched out and ran through a list of warm ups.

The back stage was bustling with activity around them as backstage crews moved lighting, props, equipment and other important items around. Which was probably the main reason for what happened next... that and a certain red eyed child bumping roughly into a member of the back stage crew carrying heavy lighting equipment.

As Sans turned his attention from Papyrus to speak to Undyne there was a large crashing sound.

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Frisk turned in horror at the sound, luckily the music was loud enough to drown out the sound to the crowd but backstage.

Undyne was sprawled on the ground, her leg trapped by a rather heavy looking piece of equipment while a surprised looking stage hand propped himself up from off the ground. The stage hands eyes widened as he took in the site, his own expression mirrored by Frisk.

"Oh my- i'm so sorry! I-I don't know what happened!" The young man gushed in fright.

Sans was beside the man in a matter of seconds as he grabbed the sound equipment and freed Undyne's trapped leg.

"you alright?"

Undyne looked to be in pain but shook her head, "Nah, I'm sure i'm fine."

Sans offered her a hand, which she accepted, and pulled her up. As soon as Undyne's previously trapped foot took her weight she winced, tears appearing in the corner of her yellow eyes.

She cursed in pain as leaned into Sans.

Frisk rushed over to help Sans handle the weight of the much taller Undyne, "Undyne, your foot its bruised."

Sure enough Undyne's ankle was turning a darker then normal blue and purple colour.

"you're not going to be able to dance on that," Sans told her solemnly.

Undyne scowled, "Like hell. I didn't come this far just to be stopped by a small injury. Its not even bleeding."

"Undyne..." Frisk started.

"Next up is Undyne!" Came the call of the stage manager from the curtains. She had obviously been to caught up in organizing other stage members to realise what had occurred. However when she noticed Undyne propped up against Frisk and Sans, and the damaged lighting material her eyes went wide.

"W-what happened?"

"undyne's injured. she can't dance," Sans stated.

Undyne sent daggers in the shorter skeletons direction.

The stage manager herself was staring in shock, "This isn't good. We can't loose one of our acts. How else will we fill our time slot. Oh no, Mettaton's going to be so angry... Mettaton! oh no he's about to..."

"And now darlings the next act of the night~ Undyne!!!!"

The crowd began to chant Undyne's name in a frenzy.

The stage manager blanched in fright before stuttering into her ear piece, "M-Mettaton. T-there's been an accident... T-the dancers been i-injured."

Mettaton was still standing on stage as he listened to the message being relayed through his personalized ear piece. Murmurs were becoming evident as the crowd became restless with the shows pause.

Plastering a smile on Mettaton smiled at the crowd, "Well darlings... it seems that our dancer Undyne is unable to appear... there seems to be a slight problem however-"

Cheers erupted however cutting off Mettaton as a familiar blue fish lady stumbled out onto the stage. She walked with a slight limp but a determined look was plastered onto her face. Mettaton stared in surprise before a smile crawled along his features, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Undyne!!!"

Offstage Frisk was helping Sans up from the floor. He had tried to stop Undyne but the Fish lady had declared that she would dance and had burst out of the grip of the skeleton.

"dammit, she's going to hurt herself even more," Sans cursed.

Frisk watched in worry but also a slight amount of awe, "Its incredible that she is determined enough to choose to dancer though."

Sans watched Undyne take her place center stage before muttering quietly, "that or incredibly stupid."

The music kicked in and the crowed went wild as Undyne began to move. She moved confidently however the pain of putting any weight on her foot was obvious. She continued though as the crowd cheered. She stumbled and fell as she attempted to do a flip across the stage. Even with her fall the crowd continued to cheer her on as their favorite dancer tried her hardest. No matter how many times she fell or stumbled the crowd was on her side until the end. Panting and in pain Undyne ended in her rehearsed pose before a worried Papyrus rushed out to help her off stage.

when the applause finally died down Mettaton returned to the stage, "Dear viewers, I believe we have seen the true dedication and fighting spirit of a warrior~ Such an explosive and marvelous performance from Undyne. What ever should we expect from our next dancers I wonder~"

-_- -_- -_- -_- -_-

Hey so i'm going to leave it here for today since i'm tired and this chapter is already pretty long. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Hope it wasn't too vague or badly written. Hopefully I'll be able to update tomorrow or before the end of the week.

Next up:

We will finally find out who makes it to the finals to battle it out in the final showdown~

Author-chan out~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 57 13
Frisk awoken by one of her nightmare during a sleepover,the mourning over her long dead friend opened a door to a world known as the spirit world,her...
192K 6K 23
Frisk is just some regular ol' girl who loves to dance more specifically ballet but will she change her style a bit when she meets a certain skeleton...
148K 5.2K 18
There are some things you just can't take back. No matter how many times you reset. After breaking free of Chara's grip, Frisk decides to do one fina...
1.7K 60 17
Frisk is going as a sophomore to a new dance school with her sister and brother, Chara and Asriel. She has anxiety and worries about the new school...