Let it Go for the Gift of a F...

By ShellMarie35

Would you let it go and get help if it meant your friend’s life? How much does friendship mean to you? Demi L... More

Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend - Demi Lovato - Book 5
Meaning of Each Book! :)
Longer Description for Book 5!
Prologue: Trainwreck
Chapter 2: On the Line
Chapter 3: Never Been Hurt
Chapter 4: Get Back
Chapter 5: Really Don't Care
Chapter 6: Without The Love
Chapter 7: Falling Over Me
Chapter 8: Fire Starter
Chapter 9: Stop the World
Chapter 10: Together
Chapter 11: My Love is Like A Star
Chapter 12: Every Time You Lie
Chapter 13: So Far So Great
Chapter 14: Solo
Chapter 15: Unbroken
Chapter 16: Got Dynamite
Chapter 17: World of Chances
Chapter 18: Our Time is Here
Chapter 19: Neon Lights
Chapter 20: Made in the USA
Chapter 21: Two Worlds Collide
Chapter 22: This is Me
Chapter 23: Who Will I Be?
Chapter 24: Party
Chapter 25: What To Do
Chapter 26: Catch Me
Chapter 27: This Is Our Song
Chapter 28: U Got Nothin' On Me
Chapter 29: You're My Only Shorty
Chapter 30: Mistake
Chapter 31: Gift of a Friend
Chapter 32: Give Your Heart A Break
Chapter 33: Me, Myself, and Time
Chapter 34: You're My Favorite Song
Chapter 35: For The Love Of A Daughter
Chapter 36: Work of Art
Chapter 37: Don't Forget
Chapter 38: What We Came Here For
Chapter 39: Skyscraper
Chapter 40: Quiet
Chapter 41: The Middle
Chapter 42: Fix A Heart
Chapter 43: Lightweight
Chapter 44: Believe in Me
Chapter 45: Gonna Get Caught
Chapter 46: Here We Go Again
Chapter 47: All Night Long
Chapter 48: Hold Up
Chapter 49: In Real Life
Chapter 50: Nightingale
Chapter 51: Shouldn't Come Back
Chapter 52: Heart Attack
Chapter 53: Something That We're Not
Chapter 54: Wouldn't Change A Thing
Chapter 55: Avalanche
Chapter 56: That's How You Know
Chapter 57: Warrior
Chapter 58: Bonus Chapter #1
Chapter 59: Kayla's Pregnancy

Chapter 1: Can't Back Down

606 20 0
By ShellMarie35

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake but I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Note: Sorry it has taken me so long but I literally JUST finished writing it and I wanted to post it immediately! Let me know your thoughts by voting and commenting! 

and follow me on twitter too and send me questions to answer through my blog!!

okay enjoy! <3

Chapter 1: Can’t Back Down

-        Demetria’s Point of View-

We can't back down
There's too much at stake
This is serious
Don't walk away

We can't pretend it's not happening
In our own backyard
Our own home plate
We've been called out.

            This isn’t happening. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I shouldn’t have gone to that part of town; I knew they hung out and live in that area. I should have known they would try to get back at me. Now Anna has to pay for my mistake. I don’t care about what’s happening to me, but I care about what’s happening to her. She just got out of rehab. She’s supposed to be figuring out what her next step is not in a hospital fighting for her life. My parents have barely left the hospital since I got here. They’re always at my bed side, in the hall talking to my doctor, or in Anna’s room checking up on her. I haven’t talked to her grandparents yet either. I’m scared to talk to them. Mom and dad keep telling me that they’re not mad, but how can they not be? Their granddaughter is in the hospital fighting for her life because of me. Mom and dad walked back in the room and dad let mom sit in the one chair that was next to my bed.

“Please tell me she’s going to be okay,” I said to them. “I don’t want to be the reason she dies.”

“She’s a fighter,” mom said, “She’ll push through it. She’ll be okay.”

I nodded and took a breath, “I can’t believe I did this.”

“YOU didn’t do it,” Mom said, “Those people did. They’re the ones that hit you not the other way around. The police say drugs and alcohol were all involved in the crash.”

“They would have hit me even if they weren’t drunk and high,” I said.

“The point is, no part of it was your fault,” dad said. “You were driving; you had no idea they would be there.”

“But I should have known! I knew they hung out a lot in that area but I still drove there! I drove there because Anna wanted me to and I couldn’t tell her about those people. I was trying to give myself distance from them. I should have known they wouldn’t just let me leave.”

“D, stop,” Dad told me, “We just need you to get better first okay? All we can do now is pray for Anna; pray for both of you.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

“Is there anything we can do for you?” mom asked.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged.

Mom sighed, “I’ll go see if they can bring you in there to see her.”

“Really?” I smiled.

Mom nodded.

“Thank you.”

            Mom came back in the room a few minutes later with a couple nurses to help me in a wheelchair. Once I was in the wheelchair one of the nurses wheeled me to Anna’s room and the other nurses was wheeling my IV and everything else that needed to stay connected to me. The nurses put me next to Anna’s bed and left me alone for a few minutes. Anna had even more wires and things connected to her than I have connected to me. I could see a few scratches and bruises on her face. Her hospital gown and blanket covered everything else except for her arms which were also covered in bruises. I have completely let her down as a friend. She shouldn’t be suffering like this; I have to be better for her. In rehab we both made a promise to each other that we’ve both broken now. As soon as Anna wakes up I am apologizing to her. I am going to tell her how much I love her as my best friend and I am going to tell her how sorry I am for this accident. We are going to get better; for real this time.

“I promise this is the end of the bad times,” I whispered to Anna and held her hand. “You are going to wake up and we are both going to heal and get out of here. You’re my best friend; I need you. Please don’t leave me yet. I’m so sorry for what I’ve done. I’m a terrible person, but when I’m with you I don’t feel so terrible anymore.”

“You okay?” Mom peeked her head in.

I nodded, “I think so.”

“It’s going to be okay you know.”

“Mom, I thought rehab was supposed to make me better. I thought things were getting better.”

Mom walked into the room, “I know things just seem to be getting worse, but sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better. Maybe this is your rock bottom and things will just get better from here.”

“I can’t handle all this,” I started crying, “It’s all too much and I just want it to go away.”

Mom put her arm around me, “I know. I know that’s what you want, but you’ll get through this. This is only making you stronger, and you are one of the strongest people I know. Look at all the people you have supporting you; that’s all you need.”

“Thanks mom,” I wiped my eyes.

“You’re welcome,” she hugged me, “I’m sorry this is happening to you. You don’t deserve it. I never wanted this to be your life. I wanted you to have a good, happy life. I feel like I’ve let you down somehow.”

“You didn’t mom, you’re the best mom anybody could have. You have been here to support me and talk to me this entire time; I’m the one that didn’t realize it. I love you, but you can’t stop me from making my own mistakes.”

“You’re right sweetie. The only way you’re going to learn is if you have your own experiences to back it up.”

“You really think I’m going to get through this?” I asked her.

She nodded, “I know you will. Let’s get you back to your room.”

“What about Anna?”

“Your dad is talking to the hospital to arrange for you two to be moved to a bigger room together.”

“Really?!”

She nodded.

“Thank you,” I smiled at her gratefully.

“You’re welcome. Now let’s get you better okay?”

I nodded.

            I don’t think I was ever so happy to see someone than I was when my cousins Kayla and Rosily came in the door. They rushed over to hug me and all three of us were crying when we pulled away.

“You have no idea how happy I am to see you two,” I cried. “I’m so sorry. I probably scared again and I –“

Kayla shook her head, “Don’t.”

“Yeah, don’t,” Rosily agreed, “that accident wasn’t your fault. I know you’ll try to spin it so it is, but it’s not. It was the drivers of the other car.”

“We’re just really happy you’re okay,” Kayla added.

“Me too,” I nodded, “I really am. I’ve had a lot to think about since I woke up.”

They both sat down in the chairs and Rosily said, “Like what?”

“What my life has been like in the last few years. I have been so upset and so depressed and it consumed me. I took it out on myself and then I went to rehab. I made an incredible friend there and when I got out I changed. I’m not the person I was before, I can’t be. I’m starting to realize what I really want out of life and what I don’t.”

“What do you want?” Kayla asked.

“I want to live. I want to experience everything. I want to continue going to school, I want to join sports, I want to make friends, I want to play music, and I want to try everything that is out there. I was so scared when I woke up and realized that might have been taken away. Mostly, I was scared for Anna.”

Kayla and Rosily both smiled. “You’ve really made a great friend haven’t you?” Rosily asked.

I nodded, “I really have. You two are my cousins so our relationship is different, but Anna is the first real friend I think I have ever made. She got to know me for who I am as a person and not for who my family is. She is also the only person who can truly understand me.”

“I think I know what’s going on,” Rosily interrupted.

“What?” I asked.

“You found someone to live for. In rehab, Anna could understand you because you two were in the same position. You were both trying to get better or forced to get better. Now you get to face the real world together. It seems like both of you are using your friendship and living for each other.”

I smiled, “I think you’re right.”

THE END CHAPTER 1!!

feedback? vote and comment!

are you ready for this story? what do you want to happen? what characters do you want to see more of?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.4K 55
Sierra, 11 thrown away by her parents and adopted by Demi Lovato, can Demi help Sierra over come her bad habits and have a normal life again? Read th...
35.4K 2K 31
// BOOK THREE // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* Demi and I are doing better than ever after the two separate incidents that nearly took our lives. I'm working f...
220K 5.4K 59
Demi Lovato Fanfiction Lia has been waiting her whole life for the chance to see Demi Lovato in concert as she has played such a huge part in her lif...