One Night (Book 1) - Zayn Mal...

By lovelessbeauty

It only takes One Night to fall in love... To change a life, for everything to come undone. But it takes more... More

One Night
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chpater 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Tonight (Book 2)
Translations

Chapter 54

193K 3.6K 2.4K
By lovelessbeauty

Love The Way You Lie (pt. 2) - Rihanna

Same Old Same Old – The Civil Wars

Happily – One Direction

Everytime We Touch (acoustic) - Cascada

_____________

I smile as I feel myself slowly waking up, arms wound around me. I open my eyes to find Zayn lying next to me. I glance around my surroundings, taking in the vast bedroom in the apartment. Zayn is still sound asleep, his eyes shut, and his chest going up and down at an even pace.

I shift my body so my head rests on his chest. I lightly trail my fingers up his stomach, tracing the designs that mark his chest. My fingers slowly make its way to the light pink scar, carefully brushing over it. The sun is barely peaking out behind the gray clouds, I glance at the clock and smile, it's almost noon. The first night in a long time that I've slept more than ten hours.

Finally a good nights rest since everything has happened. I still can't believe that Zayn had asked me to move in. The thought was still ridiculous and illogical, a brash spur of the moment decision wouldn't help this relationship.

After a few minutes I untangle myself from Zayn and get out of bed with a smile on my face. Last night was the first night since Sunday night that I had gotten more than an hour of sleep. My body felt relaxed and I felt more energized than ever.

I leave Zayn's bedroom and go into the bathroom. Pulling my hair up into a pony tail I wash my face with the hot water. Drying my face off I stare at myself in the mirror. I was looking better – better than I have all week. I glance at my arms, which aren't covered by the shirt I had slept in.

Thankfully when Zayn and I went back to the dorms Sarah wasn't there. I knew if she saw me getting clothes to sleep in she would start going crazy and ask about Zayn and I. And if she were to discover he got an apartment she would go into a frenzy of questions and insinuations. That moment was bound to happen but rather later than sooner.

I lightly trail my fingers along my arms; the bruises are almost gone – the horrid memory fading with them. I don't check my back – those bruises were the worst and I know they'll still be there. I quickly slip out of Zayn's bedroom so I don't wake him and shut the door quietly behind me.

I walk out into the kitchen, the wood floor is cold underneath my feet but the apartment is warm. I feel my stomach grumble from the absence of food and begin checking the cabinets. He has stocked the apartment full of food, some of the foods I doubt he eats – such as some of the vegetables and fruits. I look around the empty apartment that feels a bit empty and smile as I turn back to the pantry with an idea.

~ ~ ~

Thank goodness Zayn had gone shopping for food. He had all the ingredients I needed to make cupcakes. I use my phone to look up an easy recipe for cupcakes and frosting. Sweets were always a good comfort food and a nice housewarming good.

I put the cupcakes into the oven and set the timer for about twenty minutes. I turn back to the bowl and begin tossing the necessary ingredients in for the frosting.

"What are you doing?" Zayn's voice laughs as he walks into the kitchen. I turn to him and give a small smile. Zayn wears a white v-neck and jeans, dressed for the day. I glance down at my pajamas I wear, shorts and a loose t-shirt. Always better looking than I was – even if he wasn't trying.

"Breaking in the kitchen." I answer like it's such a simple explanation. He looks around the kitchen, which is decently clean aside from the dishes in the sink.

"Are you breaking things?" He walks to the sink to observe the dishes; I roll my eyes at him as I turn back to the frosting I was making. I hear him picking up a few of the dishes in the sink and I know he is examining them.

"No." I answer before stirring the frosting quickly. I feel Zayn's arms wrap around me, his chest against my back – there goes any concentration I had. I let out a light breath and continue stirring the frosting. It takes a lot of effort to finish mixing it all as I feel his lips trail along my shoulders.

"Can you even bake?" Zayn lips mumble against my neck. I can feel his laughter vibrate through my body and I smile as I finish up the now thick frosting.

"I can follow instructions pretty well." I could bake – I mean it wasn't a talent, but I could follow instructions of how to make things and they usually came out pretty well.

"You better clean this up." Zayn kisses the side of my face before letting go of me.

"This is your apartment." I shoot back with a playful smile. I stick my finger into the frosting, scooping some up on my finger.

"It's your mess." He counters with a small smile. I laugh and bring my finger to my mouth to taste the frosting. I feel Zayn's hand grip my wrist lightly stopping me.

"Zayn." I scold him as he holds my wrist away from me. My lips part as he brings my hand to his mouth and puts my finger in his mouth. I feel electric run through my body as he licks the frosting off my finger in his mouth. His eyes meet mine and I see the lust in them as he pulls my finger from his mouth.

"Tastes good." He smirks. I'm immobile as he reaches around me to the frosting, dipping his finger in it and holding it out to me. "Try it." He holds out his finger. I know I'm playing with fire by accepting his offer but I take his hand and put his finger with the frosting in my mouth.

I see his eyelids lower and his eyes focusing on my lips as I lick the frosting off his. His finger slides from my mouth slowly and the electricity in the air is evident. Before I know it Zayn's lips are on mine and he's lifting me up onto the counter.

I quickly react and wrap my legs around his torso as he steps between my legs, running his hands up my sides as his lips mold to mine. His mouth tastes of the sweet frosting as his tongue pushes into my mouth.

"The things you fucking do to me Juliet." Zayn murmurs against my lips as he pulls me closer to him – if possible. One of his arm snakes up around my back, pulling my chest to his. The other is on my thigh, gripping it with ease. One of my hands is on the side of his neck as the other is in his hair.

No one was going to interrupt us... I have to stop this before it gets out of my control, but his lips are all I want – he's all I want. His hands slide under my shirt and grip my waist now, his cool hands sending waves of heat through my body. As one of his hands travels up my front his lips break from mine and he's kissing my neck.

A small moan comes from me when his hand cups one of my breasts. I feel his hand begin massaging it and I close my eyes through the pleasure. All too soon his hand leaves my chest and slides down to my pants. His fingers begin to rub where my heat is growing and I widen my eyes.

Matt and I had only done over the shirt stuff – if anything. I couldn't... well... I can't even focus enough to know what I was willing to do or not. His lips devour my neck, the heat in the kitchen rising by the second that I think I may burst into flames. The sensation is pleasuring and I tug him closer to me.

"Fuck Juliet, if you don't want me to do anything to you we need to stop." His lips mumble against my neck before returning to mine. His words run through my veins – pumping my blood. How can I stop him? How can I stop myself? In my brain I'm not sure if I'm ready to do anything with Zayn but the way he makes me feel confuses my thoughts.

Due to my inability to respond Zayn slides his hands under me, picking me up and dropping us onto the couch in the living room, our mouths frantically kissing each other's. My entire body was pulsing, heating, being electrified by his touch. He lays me under him.

I run my hands under his shirt helping him pull it over his head. I sit up and run my lips over the hard lines of his chest. He quickly lifts my shirt over my head. A flash of worry comes over me – were we about to have sex? Here on the couch? Granted I thought my first time might be more special and a lot later in this relationship.

"It's okay love," I flush more at the pet name I haven't heard him say in a long time. "We're not doing that today." He mumbles as he kisses me again – calming my racing thoughts.

My pulse quickens, a new heat creeps through my entire body. He eases across boundaries, unfastening my pants, slipping beneath fabric. Our lips brushed in breathless exchange. Our mouths press harder together, our breathing growing faster as my hands slide along his muscles, a moan escapes my lips.

"Fuck Juliet." He hisses. His muscles flex along his back, the tension rippling through his entire body as he groans in my ear. I gasp when he finds me, closing my eyes. There's small pain but the pleasure and passion of the moment takes over.

I quickly grab onto his shoulder, digging my fingers into his flesh as he groans. The feeling is new and foreign, but all the same it is pleasuring. A flush sweeps across my skin at his gently touch – the touch I expected to be rough and demanding. I writhe under the growing sensation until I release with an exhilarated breath.

I feel my body relaxing a euphoric sense taking over my body – my head feeling light and body tingling. I close my eyes letting out deep breaths as my body relaxes into the couch. I hear Zayn chuckle next to me.

"That was a first for you, wasn't it?" I feel his hand brush against my face. I turn my head over and open my eyes to see him watching me with intensity I hadn't expected. "You don't have to answer, I know it was." He mumbles.

He pulls me to him and I wrap my arms around him as I rest my head in the crook of his neck, a new tiredness taking over my body as he holds me closely to him.

"I love knowing that I'm the only one to have touched you Juliet." He whispers. "It does things to me... The way you react– how wet you-"

"Zayn!" I laugh pulling away from him.

"You don't like dirty talk?" He raises an eyebrow with a smirk.

"No – not really." I feel my cheeks fill with blood as I begin to get up. Zayn quickly grabs my hand and pulls me to look at him.

"It's okay if you're uncomfortable with it. You just have to tell me Juliet so I know, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me." He mumbles running a hand along the side of my face. "You don't have to hide things from me." He assures. Like how he hides things from me? I don't look at him and I hear him chuckle.

"I think you should check on your cupcakes – I need to go to the bathroom." He gives me a quick peck on the lips before going into the bedroom. I shake my head and smile. I sit on the couch for a moment, replaying the events that had just occurred.

One moment Zayn was asleep and I was baking cupcakes, and the next... Well the next thing I know I was doing things with him I had never done before. I let out a light breath as I stand up finding my shirt and slipping it on as I walk back to the kitchen. I feel my heart warming recalling his words –

You just have to tell me Juliet so I know, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me. The sheer fact that he respected my boundaries was enough to make me want to move in here with him. But I wasn't that kind of girl and I love Sarah too much to leave her in the dorms by herself.

I begin to put the frosting into a plastic bag, getting it ready to ice the cupcakes. This frosting was the reason for what happened – not that I'm upset, more along the lines of grateful and confused. I was never a girl who thought I'd do stuff like this but then again... Zayn makes me want to be a completely different person – not a bad different just... different.

I hear a phone ring and look to the counter where Zayn's phone sits. I glance around and Zayn's not back yet, it rings indicating a voicemail has been left. I turn back to the cupcakes as it begins to ring again. I look again for Zayn but he's still not back, I let out a heavy breath and walk to his phone.

Eleanor

I squint my eyes, re-reading the name. Eleanor, Eleanor as in Louis' Eleanor? Why would she be calling Zayn? I glance towards the hallway waiting to see if Zayn was coming but he doesn't appear.

The phone stops ringing and another chime comes from a text it has received. I can't help but let myself read the text flashing on the screen from Eleanor.

"Zayn answer your phone right now. I KNOW you called them! I thought we talked about this. Call me back now, you have a lot of explaining."

Called them? Who did he call? Was this Louis' Eleanor, cause if it was I was going to ask her about this. I didn't even know she had Zayn's number. I didn't even know her and Zayn knew each other at all... I am called from my thoughts with another text.

"Call me right this second or I will come to that apartment and make a scene. You promised not to do this."

Promised, promised what? I feel a sickening feeling in my stomach. Something was going on, something I didn't know about, something between Eleanor and Zayn, something that was making Eleanor threaten Zayn with making a scene.

"Is that my phone?" Zayn asks walking into the kitchen, pointing towards the device I now held in my hand. I look up at him with wide eyes and slowly nod.

"I uh... it was ringing and-"

"You're going through my stuff?" He demands with anger behind his voice. The intimate moment we had just shared vanishing from earth.

"No I just..." I just was going through his messages... Had he even considered the fact that if I had agreed to move in I would always be going through his stuff – well our stuff.

I can't finish my excuse I was fumbling for because Zayn grabs the phone from my hands. He reads the message I was reading and his eyes shoot up to stare at me. His stare is accusing and I feel the knots in my stomach grow.

Not only moments ago did we just share one of the most intimate moments in my life but we were laughing and now he looks pissed. I take in a deep breath as he steps towards me.

"What did you read?" he questions harshly.

"Was I not supposed to read something?" I shoot back, watching his face carefully. Obviously there was, though I don't think I read it – but letting him think differently wouldn't change his mood.

"What did you read?" He demands with a low voice.

"I just..." I think about saying nothing but I know he'll lose his temper. "I just saw that Eleanor texted you... talking about someone you called." I shrug. Zayn's eyes glance between his phone and I, he lets out a loud breath and runs his hand through his hair. "Is that Louis' Eleanor?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter... I'll be back in an hour." He says as he grabs his keys from the counter and begins to walk towards the door.

"You're just leaving me here?" I question, taking a few steps towards the door. He opens the door and turns to me, looking me over and then looking around the apartment.

"You'll be fine, just don't burnt he place down." His teasing manner is conveyed with a monotone – nothing light hearted or humorous about it, his face completely straight not even a ghost of a smile on his face. I purse my lips and shake my head.

"You drove me here Zayn and you're just leaving me here?" I demand, my voice raising an octave with the frustration of his behavior. It was one thing to be secret but to strand me here at his apartment by myself? What if I want to go back to the dorms?

"I'll be back." He snaps back at me with enmity. "Just stay here." He growls, commands towards me like I'm his dog.

"You can't tell me what to do. I'm not your pet dog." I step towards him with anger growing in myself.

"Juliet just... fuck, just please." His voice becomes soft as he lets go of the door and walks towards me.

I don't say a word as he reaches me and encircles his arms around my body – causing my heart to race and my knees go weak. My anger slowly leaving me as his fingers rub circles into my back, just like that - the mood changes from anger to serenity.

"Please stay here babe... I'll be right back." He mumbles.

"Are you going to explain the Eleanor thing?" I ask with the strongest tone of voice I can manage at the moment.

"Just stay here. I'll be back." He cuts me off with a short voice, releasing me and walking out of the apartment, the door slamming behind him- the mood shifting yet again.

I stare at the door, he just walked out - again. I clench my jaw and take a step towards the door; he wasn't going to walk out on another argument. As I grip the doorknob I hear the timer go off from the kitchen.

I let out a frustrated groan and rub between my eyes as I grip onto the doorknob. The timer goes off again and I release the door walking back to the kitchen. I pull the cupcakes out of the oven and turn off the annoying timer and the oven.

Bringing the cupcakes with me I set them down onto the table along with the frosting. Letting out a sigh I sit down next to them, staring at the cupcakes that cool. Why couldn't we just keep one mood for a day? It always had to change at least three times in one conversation it seemed.

I pull my hair tie out, letting my hair fall around my shoulders. I run my hands through my hair, letting out stressful breaths. God why was it so simple but so complicated at the same time? It was always a rollercoaster.

I push myself up from the table and walk to Zayn's bedroom grabbing my phone. I scroll through my contacts and select his number. I let it ring a few times as I walk back out to the living room. I choose to sit on the couch and stare out the window as it continues to ring.

"Juliet?" His voice is rushed and I hear the traffic of New York in the background.

"Hey Steven." I fold my arms over my chest as I relax into the couch.

"Hey kid, everything alright?" I hear honking in the background and Steven cursing under his breath as the background becomes quieter. I laugh at how he calls me kid – Steven always nicknamed me with kid or kiddo, rarely using my name.

"Yeah, are you busy right now?" I rub between my eyes and then rub along my forehead, trying to relieve my stress of Zayn's secrecy.

"I just got to work so I have a few minutes, what's up?" He asks.

"So I was hoping I could ask you for a favor?" I grip onto my knees and pull them to my chest, resting my chin on them.

"Of course, everything alright? Is it your mom? Is it Elliot?" He questions. I shake my head even though I know he can't see it.

"No I have a friend interested in going into business and um... I know your company has a smaller location here in Boulder and was hoping-"

"Consider it done. Just send me an e-mail with his name and resume and I'll get him a small part-time job in our business company down in Boulder." I smile and nod excitedly.

"Thank you so much Steven!"

"Of course kiddo, is that everything?" I glance out the window and pause. I chew on my lip and shake my head again.

"Uh no I um... I met a Mr. Taylor... he said he worked with you." I wasn't sure why I was bringing this up to Steven, but something in me thought I should tell him.

"Oh shit..." He whispers under his breath. I sit up on the couch, resting my elbows on my knees and my chin in my hand.

"Everything okay?"

"Did he say something about me?" Steven's voice is worried as I hear people talking around him, calling out his name – I know he's made it up to his office. I let out laughter of confusion.

"What?"

"Did he say something to you? I mean... what did he tell you?" I scrunch my eyebrows together with confusion, rubbing my forehead with a light sigh. Tell me? Was there something he was suppose to tell me about Steven?

"Just that he met you when first started his business... Is there something he should've told me about you?" Was there something Mr. Taylor knew about Steven of vice versa? I know Steven is a womanizer and has had a few affairs but nothing else. What would Mr. Taylor know about him that made him so nervous?

"No – no, not at all, I was just wondering... I mean why did you tell me?" I hear Steven shut a door in the background as he clears his throat.

"Just wanted you to know." I shrug. "Alright well, I'll send you that e-mail then." I start to focus on the bruises on my arm and feel knots tightening in my stomach.

"Okay Jules. Oh hey kid, do me a favor and-"

"Don't tell my mom I called. I know, I wouldn't dream of it. Heard the same thing from Kate yesterday." I laugh into the phone.

"Kate called you?" He asks with surprise in his tone.

"Yeah." I reply, rubbing between my eyes at the distress and surprise in his tone.

"Did she say where she was?" His voice rushed and panicked as I hear him shuffle around on the other end.

"Is she missing?" I laugh into the phone. That was something Kate would do – fly off to another country without telling a soul. Of course my parents and I wouldn't hear about her disappearance until after she returned because we didn't have contact in the first place. I never understood how she managed to keep her job.

"Well uh, I swung by her place in the Hamptons the other day and she was gone... I'll try giving her a call again... I wouldn't worry too much she's probably in Australia or something. But hey if she gives you a call again tell her to call me."

"Of course." I smile with a nod.

"Thanks Jules. Anyways, um... Love you kiddo, take care."

"Love you too." I mumble hanging up the phone. I chew on my lip and let out a heavy breath.

Not only is Zayn hiding things but it seems that Steven is too... What on earth was he worried about Mr. Taylor possibly telling me? I need more of a distraction than a phone call to Steven, but I didn't want to leave the apartment – for one I didn't have a means of transportation and secondly I didn't want to piss Zayn off more than he already was.

Sitting back down at the table I begin to frost the cooled cupcakes, letting myself focus on the task so I don't go walking through Boulder in search of Zayn and some answers.

Zayn POV

"Really Eleanor? You had to fucking text me?" I demand as I get out of my car, slamming the door shut behind me. Eleanor and I had agreed to meet at a parking lot on campus. I wasn't going to drive to her fucking apartment where Louis probably would be – Eleanor wouldn't want me to anyways. Bringing Louis into this shit would make things complicated for her and I - mostly for me.

"Well you weren't answering my calls Zayn." She says calmly, her eyes following me as I pace back and forth. She wears a simply purple pea coat, shielding her from the cool winds that were beginning to pick up. I glance around at all the dead trees; the beginning of November coming soon the sun was gone behind clouds.

"Well you didn't have to fucking text me. Juliet saw those texts! Now I have that shit to deal with." I run my hands through my hair and turn to see Eleanor watching me like she did the night of Derek, the day I punched Harry, like she does every other time I'm filled with rage.

"Don't give me that look El." I warn with anger. I got that look from her too many times in the past. I was so fucking sick of it - the stares that somehow are vacant but full of observation, calm and patient. She folds her arms across her chest and raises an eyebrow.

"Maybe if you didn't hide shit from her you wouldn't have to deal with anything." Her voice calm as her brown hair blows in the wind.

"It's nothing she needs to know about." I snap with rage. It wasn't, Juliet didn't need to know about it.

"Whatever, I could care less about what you're hiding from her right now... What I care about is why you called them Zayn!" Her voice rising for the first time, filled with agitation. I glare at her as her eyes glare right back at me. "You promised... you promised me, your promised your mom, and you promised them."

I clench my jaw tightly together and continue to glare at Eleanor. I couldn't explain why I called them. I hadn't in at least a year, I had been holding steady on not calling them. But then Juliet came and it all came rushing back - all the guilt, hatred, self-loathing and pain, I had to call them...

"Zayn!" Eleanor shouts at me. I look up at her as she purses her lips in a thin line. "What the hell is going on? You aren't supposed to contact them anymore. You know the agreement." She hisses.

"I just..." I sigh shaking my head. Eleanor gives me that damn look – waiting for me to answer. "When Juliet and I started dating I found out she was talking to Matt... and it brought up Caro-"

"Don't say her name Zayn." Eleanor interrupts me with a firm voice. "I don't need to be reminded of or know more about this than I already do... I just... You were doing so well, it had been months since the last call and then..." She pulls on her hair and chews her lips before letting out a groan of frustration. "You shouldn't have called, they're pissed."

"They called you about it?" I question. They called her? They called Eleanor? Or did they call my mom about it. Why the fuck were they calling them but they won't answer a single one of my damn calls? I knew the answer to that though... because of what had happened – what I did.

"I'm not answering that question... Just please Zayn... You need to be careful; you're walking on very thin ice right now. With them and Juliet." She warns with cold eyes.

"I know." I mumble.

"We're not done talking about this but... I imagine you stormed out of the new apartment leaving Juliet there because she had questions about your little secrets." She says calmly – fuck, how did Eleanor always manage to know everything.

"Fuck you." I hiss at her.

"Don't you dare even start Zayn, I'm keeping your past in the dark from everyone too. I'm on your side. So don't you dare talk to me like that." She holds up a finger to me with a warning tone and angry eyes. "And we're not done talking about how you called them, you still have more explaining to do – specifically to your mom. But... for now, you need to go to Juliet and make up for you acting like an ass."

Make up for acting like an ass? I scoff at her words, as if she even knew the whole story.

"Make up for-"

"If you're going to continue keeping these secrets from her Zayn... you better treat her pretty damn well because I know you aren't going to tell her about them and what happened, so you have to make up for it by being nice." She cuts me off again.

"I am nice." I counter in a low voice.

"Oh bullshit." Eleanor laughs. "Zayn I can tell she means something to you. For once a girl actually means more than just your next hook up. I know Juliet is a smart girl and she's going to figure things out... And I know you're not going to let her, so you need to treat her well. Don't screw up Zayn." She warns.

"Has Louis gotten suspicious yet?" I ask her. Her eyes glare at me for a moment before she sighs and shakes her head.

"Lou is nothing like Juliet, he's not as curious. Curious in a kid-like wonder yes, but not like a detective. Besides I'm not hiding anything." She claims. I scoff at her and begin to laugh now.

"You're not hiding anything?" I question harshly. "You're hiding this." I motion between us. Louis didn't know anything about my past or Eleanor and I.

"I'm hiding all this for your sake. For Juliet's sake... I could care less if Louis finds out about this, but if he ever does find out that means Juliet does too." She rubs her face before letting out a heavy breath.

I know she's right. Louis and Juliet have grown close; I knew he adored her in a sister-like way and she trusted him. If Louis ever found out about this, that sure as hell meant Juliet would too.

"Zayn I'm on your side... So please, just be careful about what you do and say around her. She's smart – and with one slip up she'll find out everything." Eleanor cautions.

I know she's right, if I fuck up, if I get caught in a lie, if she starts to discover things of my past... it'll slowly but surely all come to light - every little piece I've hidden would be found out by her.

I look to Eleanor who watches me, most likely waiting for me to punch something, but I don't. I stare directly back at her, waiting for her to stop giving me the look she always does. Eventually after a moment of silence she gives me a small smile.

"Best of luck Zayn. Let's try not do this again any time soon." She shakes her head. "And Zayn... remember, don't call them, don't ever call them again." She points her finger in warning at me before getting into her car and leaving me in the parking lot alone.

~ ~ ~

Walking into the apartment it smells heavenly. I spot the cupcakes sitting on the table, all of them frosted to perfection. I glance around the empty apartment. After talking with Eleanor I had gone out for a drive. I drove around town, checked in at Derek's apartment – which he still was missing from. I'm not sure how long I was gone but I know the sun is beginning to set now. I must have been gone for at least four hours.

So that makes me worried as fuck. I told her an hour and now it was almost night... Did she leave? Did she fucking leave the apartment? I walk further into the apartment, letting the cool air from outside disappear with the warmth of the apartment.

"Juliet?" I call out. I walk into the bedroom to find her sitting on the bed and staring out the window. "Juliet?" I call to her softly. Her head lowers down to stare at her hands but she doesn't answer.

Shit... what was I going to say to her... I went over it in my head earlier but now I was drawing a blank. I carefully make my way over to her, sitting down next to her on the bed. The day had started to fucking great and then Eleanor had to text me.

"Juliet I..." I rest my hand on her leg and her eyes travel up to meet mine. She shakes her head slowly, stopping me from continuing anything I might say.

"Zayn you don't have to tell me everything... but you can't keep lying to me." She mumbles quietly, her brown eyes warming and loving. Bullshit, she always wants to know everything – which causes me to lie. I can't say that though, if she wasn't angry right now I had to keep it that way.

"Alright." I nod. Her eyes travel down to her bruises and I shake my head. "Juliet I um... Derek's gone." I mumble. Her eyes look up to me with distress in them.

"Gone?" her voice worried. I laugh at the fact she thinks I killed him. I don't know why the fuck she would ever look worried about him being 'gone', hearing that should be a fucking blessing – a miracle to hear. But that wasn't Juliet; she was too kind hearted to want someone dead, no matter what they had done.

"I didn't do anything, he's not dead, I think... I went looking for him and he skipped town, he's gone. So I don't want you to be scared anymore Juliet, okay?" I mumble, touching the side of her face gently.

"I'm not scared." She says, her face not conveying emotion but her eyes shimmer with the fear she pretends not to have. Ignoring her comment, I pull her onto my lap and press kisses on her face.

"He's gone... you're safe with me, nothing is going to hurt you." I feel her, relaxing in my arms with every word, letting the fear disappear as she smiles against my lips, causing me to smile too. "You're mine Juliet and I'm not letting you go."

I never thought in my life I would say words like these to a girl and even if I did I never imagined I would voice them out loud. But Juliet... I don't care, I want her to know that she's mine, I want her to know I don't plan on letting her go. I may hide things from her but I don't hide how I feel about her - most of the time. I feel her pull away and she smiles, her hand gently touching my face.

"I know." She nods with a smile.

Juliet leans in and captures my lips with ease. I pull her closer to my body, kissing her with all the passion and care I had for her. She accepts it as I roll her onto the bed, pushing her underneath me, her delicate hands running down my chest and back as I press my hips into her, earning a quiet moan that drives me insane. Fuck... if she was ready for sex – I would fuck her until morning. But I know she isn't and I could never imagine pressuring her into doing so.

Her lips smile against mine as she pushes on me, rolling us over so she straddles me. I rest my hands high up on her thighs as she leans down, kissing my neck, her perfect lips trailing along my jaw line, her soft and eager lips making their way back to mine.

I pull her face down to mine, devouring her lips as she runs her hands along my chest, my heart racing and my blood pumping just from her simple kisses. The kisses that always felt like they were trying to heal me, the kisses that did heal me.

The fight had been averted, Derek gone; I had my own place where I knew she would basically end up living in with me. Blake wasn't anywhere near us along with Charles and Harry.

And Caroline... Caroline was still hidden in the dark. And that's where she would stay if I had anything to do with it... because if that secret ever came to light, I would lose this girl kissing me, I would lose this angel that was trying to heal me... I would lose my Juliet.

___________

(A/N: In case you don't follow me on instagram or don't have one, I put a picture of Juliet's family on the side if you'd like to see what I picture them to look like!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 86K 65
"Zayn," he spoke, smoke leaving his lips once again as he dropped the cigarette to the ground, stepping on it with his dark boots. His hand darted in...
165K 3.3K 45
(A crossover between the Seven Deadly Sins and Danmachi) Meliodas got sent into the world of Danmachi by the Supreme Deity during his time as the Kin...
1.8K 186 21
โ€งหšโœฉ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—š๐—š๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—œ๐—ก ๐“‚ƒ ESCAPE โช ๐—”๐——๐——๐—˜๐—— MEMBERS โซ โ› even a trace of the little cloud goes to u !! โœ โช ๐ŸŽง โซ โคธ THE BOYZ SHINING-STAR & THE BOYZ...
11.3M 184K 43
{book 2} โœ“ - โ I'm tired of pity, of everyone looking at me like "poor Zayn, infatuated with his best mates's girl". I know it's not okay and if it w...