Fear || klance

By mygayheart

Everyone thought he was afraid of nothing. That was until Shiro found him shaking and in tears after a fear s... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

8

17.8K 849 706
By mygayheart

My tears had started to make a puddle, soon I was going to drown in them.

"Lance!" My name was called out, my head is tilted up slowly.

Keith is on the ground, Shiro on top of him. Keith's eyes were deep, it seemed you could put your hand through them.

"Help me!" He choked. He struggled to get Shiro off of him, but the more he tried, the stronger Shiro's grip became.

Shiro turned to look at Lance, his eyes had no emotion in them. "What can you do to stop me?" He almost seemed computer generated.

I try to move towards them but I can't. My feet seem to be stuck to the spot I'm standing in. "Keith!" I reach out, but Shiro had already raised his arm activating it.

He brings it down in a single swipe, I see Keith's face fall to the side, watching the lights fade from his eyes. His eyes were cloudy, and he wasn't breathing.

"No!" I scream.

Then the floor beneath me disappears. The next thing I know I'm falling, everything is dark, then I hit water.

I'm drowning.

I can feel myself fading, but not without hearing three words.

"You're a coward."

-

I wake up with a gasp, tears clouded my vision.

"Lance?" Someone asks quietly.

I flinch at the sound. My hands were shaking. I can't look at him, those eyes will make me relapse.

My breathing is uneven and I feel like I'm losing air. "Lance." He says a little louder.

He makes his way to my bed, he doesn't say anything though. After a while, I calm down.

"Why were you in here Keith?" I ask wiping tears away.

"I um, I couldn't sleep so I wanted to come see you but then I remembered you were asleep." His breath hitches. "So stood outside your door for a while, but then I heard you scream my name."

"I-I had a nightmare." I say coldly.

"Oh um, do you want to talk about?"

I laugh. "Since when did you become a therapist?"

He sighs, and runs his hands through his hair. "Look Lance can you just tell me what it was about?"

"Well," I drift off. How do I even tell him? "I will if you tell me your fears from the simulators." I decide.

He freezes. "O-okay, but you first."

I take a deep breath. "Well at first, I was crying, so much that there was a puddle at my feet. Then I heard you call my name, Shiro was over your body and then he killed you. Then the floor beneath me disappeared, but someone said something to me, they called me a coward." I didn't realize but I had started to shake. Keith pulled me into a hug and wouldn't let me go.

"Keith, please let go I can't breathe." I choke.

He opens his arms fast, releasing me and turns away from me. "S-sorry."

For a minutes we sit in silence. The awkward silence was thicker than the air and I could see the pain in Keith's eyes.

I grab his wrist and start to touch his face. I feel it become hot. "W-what are you doing?" He stutters.

"Just," I pause. "just making sure you're real."

Then it's as if time stops. Our eyes meet and I can feel my breath hitch.

His face smashes into mine. My hands wrap around his neck as his are around my hips. The kiss was long, but it was over to fast. When our lips part I'm gasping for air.

Our foreheads touch, and he whispers, "It's good to know you're real."

-

"Oh wait." Lance says. "You never told me your fears."

Shit.

"Oh, right." I rub my head. "Which one do you want to hear about first?"

"Do them in order."

Lance was extremely close to my face. I turn away, blushing. "No offense, but I was surprised by the first one."

Lance raises an eyebrow. "Why would I-"

I put my hands up. "Let me explain."

"Ok." He says in a mocking tone.

"The first one was about you, and I was honestly surprised."

"Why were you surprised?"

"The fear made me realize that I cared about you, like in general, as a person." He blushes.

"Well than the fear couldn't have been that bad."  Lance throws his arm up playfully.

"It was the worst experience in my life." I choke.

His face drops, but he doesn't say anything, he waits for me to explain.

"Well I'm guessing we were on a mission, but you were standing close to the edge and the ground beneath you started to crumble, but I caught you."

"It doesn't sound that bad-"

"I'm not finished." I say in a monotone voice. "After I caught you, you told me to let you go. I don't know why, but you did and I didn't comply. After I said I wouldn't let you go, you started to say that you were a seventh wheel and that you were easily replaceable. Then you took your blaster that was in your opposite hand and smashed it on mine that was holding yours." I choke.

"The last thing I saw was your face, you looked peaceful and happy, that you were going to a 'better place'." The thing that woke me up was the sound of your body hitting the ground."

I can't feel anything, every single limb was numb.

"How is that even possible?" Lance had his hands wrapped around his head.

"Lance?" I ask quietly, I reach out for him but he swats my hand away.

"S-sorry." He stutters. "It's just, I've literally told no one about that, so how would it know about how I feel?"

"What do you mean by 'how you feel?'"

He shoots up. "N-nothing! I was just thinking aloud!"

I grab his shoulders. "Lance tell me."

"N-no." He stutters threw a blush. Then an idea  popped into my head. My hands run down his arms and to his wrists, and then with all my strength, I pin him down.

"K-Keith what are you doing?" He was a blushing mess. "Get off of me!"

"Tell me!" I raise my voice.

"No!" He screams. My face gets closer to his.

"Why not?" I smirk. I knew I could get him to break soon.

"Its personal!" He's so nervous.

"Please." I pout.

"O-okay I will." He pushes his forehead against mine, "Get off of me though."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.9K 2K 9
Keith. Skinny, clean, loved by his family, Korean. Lance. Skinnier, dirty, abused, Cuban. Both. Misfits, and fascinated by the thought of love.
1.1K 23 11
"Keith, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean-". "Get out,", "But-". Keith snapped forward, his eyes glowing a deep purple, "I told you to get the fuck out...
16.3K 489 14
Lance feels like a worthless replacement who can't do anything right. He's managed to hide it well but now his secret is slipping out. But the team d...
2.6K 70 6
Keith has been avoiding Lance for weeks, but Lance swears that he didn't even do anything to upset him. So why would Keith be avoiding him?