I hate fakers

Av readingfanatic

Alayna 'hates fakers' - people that will hurt anyone, and do anything to ahead... There are some fakers, that... Mer

I hate fakers (Chapter 1)
I hate fakers (Chapter 2)
I hate fakers (Chapter 3)
I hate fakers (Chapter 4)
I hate fakers (Chapter 5)
I hate fakers (Chapter 6)
I hate fakers (Chapter 7)
I hate fakers (Chapter 8)
I hate fakers (Chapter 9)
I hate fakers (Chapter 10)
I hate fakers (Chapter 11)
I hate fakers (Chapter 12)
I hate fakers (Chapter 13)
I hate fakers (Chapter 14)
I hate fakers (Chapter 15)
I hate fakers (Chapter 16)
I hate fakers (Chapter 17)
I hate fakers (Chapter 18)
I hate fakers (Chapter 19)
I hate fakers (Chapter 20)
I hate fakers (Chapter 21)
I hate fakers (Chapter 22)
I hate fakers (Chapter 23)
I hate fakers (Chapter 24)
I hate fakers (Chapter 25)
I hate fakers (Chapter 27)
I hate fakers (Chapter 28)
I hate fakers (Chapter 29)
I hate fakers (Chapter 30)
I hate fakers (Chapter 31)
I hate fakers (Chapter 32)
I hate fakers (Chapter 33)
I hate fakers (Chapter 34)
I hate fakers (Epilogue)

I hate fakers (Chapter 26)

2.6K 23 8
Av readingfanatic

Chapter 26 - I hate fakers

"How was your shift, sweety?" my father asked as soon as me and Conrad walked in the door.

I smiled at my father and replied "It was great daddy. Ive decided what Im going to do with the money we raise at the auction"

My fathers smiles at me and says "That's great honey. Why don't you fill us all in over dinner?"

"Sure, I will just have a shower first" I reply as I head up the stairs. I stop quickly remembering that Conrad is with me, I smile sheepishly as he whispers seductively "As much as I would love to join you, I better join the others in the den" Conrad smiles at me as I blush furiously.

At dinner I explain to everyone what we will do with the money that we raise at the auction, and everyone gets more excited it.

After dinner, Uncle Tommy and Conrad immediately hit it off, and start their car-talk conversation as I sit next to Jayden and Kylie on the couch. Conrad looks like he is really getting into the discussion and Uncle Tommy seems to really enjoy Conrad's company. Im glad! Uncle Tommy is just as protective as my dad, Tyler and Jayden so Im glad that Uncle Tommy has cut Conrad a little slack.

I smile as I rest my head on Jayden's shoulder as my eyes droop sleepily. Jayden chuckles and whispers into my hair "Someone is a little sleepy. Lets get you to bed" Jayden helps me up and takes most of my weight as I struggle to stand in my sleepy state.

I yawn and stretch as Jayden cautiously places his arms around my waist ready to catch me if I fall over. "Night guys" I mutter to everyone and give my dad and Uncle Tommy a kiss goodnight. Conrad stands and announces "Actually, I better be going. It's getting late"

Jayden still has his arms around my waist so Conrad gives me an awkward hug and a light kiss on my cheek before leaving.

Jayden helps me up the stairs and into my room. Jayden takes my shoes off for me and tucks me into bed, like Im a 5 year old. But, Im too sleepy to care.

Before Jayden leaves he kneels down next to my bed as he strokes my cheek. "Goodnight, Baby girl" he whispers as I stare into his hypnotising blue eyes.

"Night, JD" I mumble as sleep takes over.

I had pleasant dreams so when I wake in the morning, Im well rested and in a happy mood. I haven't done my crazy funky dance in a while, so I find the Vengaboys track "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom" and turn it up really loud.

When the song finishes Im still jumping up and down on my bed doing my crazy funky dance and the song starts again (gotta love repeat). Still jumping on my bed and belting out the words to the song off-key my sleepy father walks in and stares at me like Ive lost my mind.

"Baby girl, its far too early for that amount of energy" my father mutters as he rubs his sleepy eyes.

I jump down off my bed and run to my father hugging him as I start to giggle. "You're crazy" my father whispers to me.

I laugh again and lead him down towards the kitchen where I can hear Jayden making breakfast.

After breakfast me and Jayden head off to school and Im excited about learning something at school today. Today I have a plan to take education seriously. Although, I cant wait for lunch time so I can talk to my friends more about the auction.

We pull into the school parking lot as Conrad approaches my car door to open it for me. Such a gentleman.

"Morning" Conrad whispers as he leans in close to kiss me on the cheek. I blush and whisper back "Morning."

Conrad leads me towards the school as I hear Hayley squeal and practically jump on Jayden. Gross! There is something wrong with her, I can sense it. "Ew" I mutter under my breath, and I am surprised that Conrad heard me and mutters back "Definitely, gross!"

My morning classes were a success. I actually learnt something in English, much to everyone's surprise. As the bell rang for lunch, I practically jumped out of my seat and ran to the door, followed closely by Conrad. "Someone's hungry" he chuckled.

As soon as I entered the cafeteria I notice that my friends were not here yet, so I sat down at our table and drummed my fingers impatiently. I feel Conrad's breath on my neck as he whispers "I will go get us something to eat" and leaves to get some food. Conrad returns with a tray full of food, and is closely followed by my friends.

"About time you guys got here" I moan as everyone takes their respective seats around the table I frown at them.

"Baby girl" Jayden interrupts "The bell only rang 5 minutes ago. Give them a break"

"Sorry, guys" I apologise as I glance at my friends and they shrug or nod back at me.

With that, I launch into my speech "We seriously need to get some planning done. We need to set goals... and target dates... and tasks ... and delegate....and"

Jayden cuts me off again "Baby girl, everything will work out. Don't stress."

I start breathing in and out to calm myself. "Ok, how about you guys come over home after school and we can sort it out." I look around and everyone nods eagerly. My friends are the best! I love them all.

"Eat something" Jayden orders. Yes sir! I salute him.

I decide to let my friends eat in peace, and examine the contents of the food tray Conrad brought us.

I grab a bottle of water and take a sip just as Hayley approaches Jayden and says "JD Bear"

I burst into laughter and start to choke on the water I had just sipped. My eyes tear up as I start to gasp for air while shaking uncontrollably with laughter.

JD bear? Seriously! That is so lame. Jayden, definitely does not look like a JD Bear. Haha - I cant wait to tease him when we get home.

Hayley glares at me and growls "What's your problem?"

I haven't been able to find my voice yet as my throat burns so I shake my head, and offer my best innocent expression I can foster.

Jayden doesn't look convinced, so I struggle to say "Just remembering a joke Conrad told me"

"Care to elaborate" Jayden asks as he smiles smugly and leans back in his chair. Crap! He knows Im lying. Dammit!

"I will" Conrad offers. Conrad goes on to tell the lamest joke, known to mankind but he managed to get me off the hook. I didn't even get the punchline, I don't think anyone at the table did. But as soon as Conrad finished his joke, I burst into laughter again thinking about 'JD Bear', making everyone think that I found his joke funny.

The rest of the day at school went well other than me grazing my knee in gym. I still maintain that Hayley "intentionally" tripped me. Stupid Jayden, thinks Im overreacting and reckons it was an honest mistake. Yeah right! She did it on purpose, and I know it! I can feel it.

I was glad when school finished and I wouldnt have to look at Hayley's ugly mug for the rest of the day. That girl is seriously getting on my nerves!

After the auction meeting with my friends, everyone left and Jayden was hot on their heels, so he could go off and see Hayley. Seriously! Didnt he see enough of her today at school? I know I did! Too much actually.

"Are you ready?" Conrad asked as I opened the door for him.

"Yip" I replied popping the 'p' and pulling the door closed.

Conrad drove me to the hospital while I fiddled with his car stereo. It wasn't as complicated as Jaydens so we got to listen to music instead of static for most of the ride to the hospital.

The children in the hospital absolutely adored Conrad. Conrad would act out the scenes that I was reading, and I have to say that he stole some of my fans. But I don't mind. Im really glad that I have a boyfriend that is interested in charity work.

The nurse came to thank both me and Conrad, and we pack up to leave. Before we leave though, I have something to do.

"Where are you going?" Conrad asks with a mischievous grin.

"Not telling" I reply as I head towards the nurses station. Conrad chuckles and follows behind me as I say to the nurse, "Excuse me. I would like to see Paul Sanchez." The nurse gives me directions to Eric's brothers room. Conrad takes my hand to offer his support as I head towards Paul's room. When I enter Paul is sitting up in bed with tubes hanging out his arms, and is connecting to a couple of beeping machines that must monitor his condition.

"Hi Paul. Im Ali." I introduce myself and then nod towards Conrad saying "And this is Conrad"

I cautiously step forward not wanting to startle him as I add "We are friends of Eric. And your mom said it would be ok for us to visit"

As soon as I mention Eric, Paul's face immediately lights up and he invites us to take a seat.

After a long conversation about Paul and his family I ask "When you get better Paul, is there anything you want to do? Any place you want to go?"

Paul smiles brightly and replies "Disneyland." Just because Paul has this horrible illness, doesn't mean that he isn't like any other 7 year old kid. Of course he wants to go to Disneyland.

When I get him out of this hospital bed, which I am sincerely determined to do, I will be taking him and his family to Disneyland. I give Paul a small hug before we leave and he tells us to come back soon. He can count on that!

"Thank you for coming with me tonight" I whisper to Conrad as he stands with me on the front door step to my house. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"There's nowhere else I would rather be" he whispers back.

I look up into his eyes and Im mesmerised by the intensity of his gaze. Our lips are inches away from each other as I can feel his breath wash over my face. I tiptoe to close the small distance between our lips when ...

"Ali, dad said you have to...come...inside..." Jayden stutters as he realises he just ruined the perfect moment. Dammit!

Conrad was going to kiss me! I was going to kiss him! Then the idiot Jayden had to interrupt and ruin everything! Grrr!!!

Jayden scratches the back of his head as he mumbles "Um...Sorry..but...um..." he trails off.

I seriously want to scream at Jayden, and I think Conrad can sense this as he lightly kisses me on the cheek before he whispers "We can finish this tomorrow"

Conrad leaves me blushing and when I turn to Jayden I think his eyes hold pain and sadness, which I cant understand. But it is quickly masked as he shrugs nonchalantly, so I guess I thought wrong.

The rest of the week went by quickly as it is now Friday night, and I am now preparing for my first official date with Conrad. I couldn't decide what to wear, so I enlisted the help of Kylie seeing as she was already at my house anyway.

My father had reluctantly agreed that the boys could have a farewell party on two conditions:

1). Dont trash the house and

2). Keep an eye on me

Tyler and Jayden were getting the house ready for the party while me and Kylie sifted through my clothes to find the perfect outfit for tonight.

Me and Conrad never got a chance to finish what we started the other night, but I hope we will get an opportunity tonight on our date.

After what seemed like hours debating, me and Kylie finally agreed on the perfect outfit and I stood in front of the mirror looking at our choice. Kylie thought it would be a good idea to put some makeup on, and do my hair - so I left her to it.

When I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I could hardly recognise myself.

My hair was curled around my face and then cascaded in ringlets, down my back that was lightly dusted with bronzer so it had a light shimmer to it. I twirled in the mirror and watched as my dress swayed in the mirror. My dress that is a halter neck style, feels silky smooth against my skin and hugs my curves nicely, as it falls just past my knees. The best part about my dress is its stunning colour. It is the purest, deepest ocean blue and the makeup combination Kylie teamed up with it matches the dress perfectly.

"You look gorgeous" Kylie applauds as she gives me a small hug before making me twirl for her. I don't mind though, Kylie helped turn me into the beauty I see in the mirror, so I will do whatever she wants.

The door bell rings as butterflies start to take flight in my stomach.

"You'll be fine" Kylie encourages as she practically shoves me out of my bedroom into the hall. Kylie then pulls me down the stairs. I stop at the foot of the stairs as I hear a few people gasp and then the room go deathly quiet. I notice no one has bothered getting up to open the door for Conrad.

"Wow Ali. You look hot" Jake says as he looks me up and down while I blush. Jayden smacks Jake in the back of the head as Tyler glares saying "Dude! Thats my sister"

Jake rubs his head where Jayden smacked him and apologises "Sheesh! Sorry. It was a knee-jerk reaction"

Tyler pulls Jake into the dining room away from the others as Jayden approaches me.

"You look stunning" Jayden whispers as I start to blush. "Perfect" he mumbles as he lightly cups my face and traces his thumbs over my flushed cheek. Jayden slowly pulls me towards him and hugs me against his chest as his hands slide down my back leaving a trail of tingles all the way down. What is wrong with me? Why am I reacting to his touch this way?

I ignore the way my body reacts to his touch and mutter a small thank you.

But then, Jayden has to go and ruin everything.

"You call me. If you need me to come and get you. I will come" Jayden says solemnly

"What the hell are you talking about Jayden?" I whisper fiercely as I pull away from him.

"Look baby girl." Jayden pleads with me "I don't want to fight with you. Im just saying that if he..." Jayden trails off as he clenches his fists.

"If he what?" I ask angrily.

"If he does anything. Or tries something that makes you feel uncomfortable. You call me." Jayden says

"Conrad isn't like that Jayden! And you know it!" I say a little too loudly. Then I shrug in a dismissive way adding "Besides, I wont find it uncomfortable."

I notice the same pained expression, that I swear I have seen a lot of lately, enter his eyes.

I turn on my heel and leave Jayden standing in the entry way.

When I see Conrad standing at the front door waiting to greet me, my heart stutters. Conrad is the one that looks stunning. Conrad is dressed in neat black pants with a white dress shirt that hugs his upper body snugly. Conrad's eyes bug out as soon as he sees me, so I guess I must look alright to him too.

Conrad helps me into his car and we drive in silence to the restaurant he made reservations at. As soon as we pull in, I recognise the restaurant as my favourite Italian restaurant.

"How did you know this is my favourite?" I question Conrad. He chuckles and replies "I got a little help from Tyler"

Note to self, give Tyler a great big hug and kiss when I see him.

Halfway through dinner I stare down at my dress and cant help but think of Jayden. Well, its not my fault really. This dress is the same colour as Jaydens eyes.

Thats when it hits me! I had forgotten where I got this dress from. Jayden had brought it for me awhile ago, but seeing as I never had a boyfriend or went on any dates, I never got an opportunity to wear it. I gulp, feeling a little guilty about my outburst at Jayden earlier.

But seriously, Jayden was over reacting! Even my own brother Tyler, would have never said anything like that. Actually, come to think of it, Tyler and Jayden are just as dumb as each other so he probably would have.

After dinner, Conrad asks "Shall we go for a walk?" I take his hand quickly and smile forgetting all about Jayden.

"Absolutely" I sincerely agree.

Conrad insists on paying for dinner and leads me to the car as we drive to a nearby garden with a lake. Conrad helps me out of the car, and grabs a jacket from his backseat to put over my shoulders.

"Thank you" I mutter as we walk hand in hand towards the pristine lake. We sit on a park bench as Conrad wraps his arms around me, and we talk for what seems like hours. Conrad relates a few childhood stories to me and I giggle at his attempts to be funny. He isn't 'comedian' material, so there goes that career.

"Lets walk" Conrad says as he guides me to a small garden area. Conrad picks a red rose and offers it to me saying "For you, my lady" he bows

I blush as bright as the red rose I have been offered and take it eagerly. Conrad pulls me slowly towards him and wraps my arms around his neck as he places his hands around my waist.

I gaze into his warm, comforting eyes that are raging with pure emotion.

Conrad slowly leans into me giving me time to pull away. There is no way Im going to pull away. Ive been waiting to taste those delectable lips all week. Our lips touch lightly before a shrill ringtone interrupts us and I jump in suprise.

"Arggh!" I let out an exasperated sigh. "This better be good" I mutter as I fish my phone out of my clutch.

"What!?!" I growl into my phone as Conrad chuckles while hugging me.

"Baby girl" Tyler slurs. Great! Hes really drunk. How can he be drunk so soon? Its still early! I thought Jayden would keep an eye on my brother. Obviously not!

"What do you want Tyler?" I say trying my hardest to hold back the anger in my tone, but not quite succeeding.

"Where are you?" Tyler whines. Yip, hes drunk alright! He knew I had a date tonight with Conrad, but obviously all the alcohol he has consumed has erased that from his memory.

"Out. Why?" I growl as I pinch the bridge of my nose while shutting my eyes.

"I miss you. Dont you miss me?" Tyler asks and before I can answer he goes on to say "Its my last night here, and you are out somewhere" Way to lay on the guilt trip, big brother.

"Fine. Im coming home" I mutter taking back the note I made to myself earlier about giving Tyler a hug and kiss. No way is he getting one now after interrupting me and Conrad from kissing. Sheesh! First my dad, then Jayden and now Tyler. What does fate have against me? All I want to do is kiss Conrad. Is that too much to ask?

"Yay!" Tyler cheers into the phone as he chants "Ali's coming home..." then he trails off so I know he has probably dropped the phone or left it somewhere. I sigh ending the call and turn to Conrad muttering a pathetic 'sorry'.

"Its ok. It is his last night here, and he has every right to see his little sister." Conrad assures me as he leads me back to the car.

"I guess" I mumble still annoyed about how quickly our evening has come to an end, although glancing at the time on my phone it is now 11:30pm.

As soon as we pull up to the house, I notice that practically the whole school has congregated at my house. If someone is in my room, they better look out. That is my private sanctuary and is off limits!

"Can I ask a favour?" I ask Conrad determined to get this sorted.

"Anything" Conrad eagerly agrees.

"Im going to be a party-pooper and get everyone to leave" I say determined.

Conrad chuckles and helps me up to the house.

As we walk past Brandon and his henchmen a few of them whistle at me, but Brandon goes one step further by pinching my butt and then grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

Instantly, Conrad has a firm grip on Brandon's wrist as he threatens "Touch her again, and you will lose that hand"

Brandon pulls his arm from Conrad's grasp and replies "Whatever pretty boy. What if she wants me to?"

I decide to interrupt because I dont want Brandon or any of his bozo friends to do anything stupid to Conrad's 'pretty boy' face.

I wrap my arms around Conrad's waist tightly and tip toe to kiss him on the cheek, then I glance at Brandon over my shoulders as I say "Whatever Brandon. I don't want you touching me. And like Conrad said, touch me again and you will lose that hand"

I lead Conrad up to my room, wanting to change out of my dress before having to evacuate the house of drunks. After changing into some jeans and a hoodie I come out of my bathroom to see Conrad sitting on top of my desk. "Lets go" I say a little too eager to get rid of everyone. Maybe I enjoy being a party-pooper. I must get it from my dad.

First on the agenda, is to stop the music. That will get everyones attention, so I head towards the source of the noise and notice that the boys really went all out and hired some really expensive sound equipment. Im relieved to see that Link is the chosen DJ for the evening, so he will be ok with what Im about to do.

Soon enough the music is cut off and I jump up on a stool with Conrad next to me so I don't fall off. He is so thoughtful.

"Ok. Everyone get out!" I shout so that everyone can hear me.

Most people in the room moan at me, and others just get back to drinking or dancing even though there is no music.

"Party's moving" I shout.

"Where?" a few people ask from the crowd.

"Brandon's house" I shout back and the room cheers as a few people start to vacate. Dont you just love payback? That will teach Brandon for trying to grope me.

"Nice" Conrad chuckles as he helps me down off the chair.

In 20 minutes most people have left the house and are probably making their way to Brandon's. Conrad with the help of Link, Jake and Darren manage to clear out the rest of the unwanted house guests and they leave shortly after.

Where is Tyler? And where is Jayden?

I head upstairs towards Tyler's room. He is probably passed out in his room or in his bathroom. I walk in and notice that he is half on his bed, half off.

I try to lift him onto his bed properly but he is too damn heavy. I pat him on the shoulder as I whisper "Tyler"

No response so I slap him on the shoulder as he moans.

"Get your fat butt on the bed" I say loudly into his ear.

"Baby girl?" he asks and then pulls me into a tight hug practically choking me. "Im gonna miss you"

"Its ok" I gasp as I hug him back.

"Get into bed." I order him "I will see you in the morning"

He grunts but gets into his bed, and I pull the covers over him even though he is fully clothed and still has his shoes on. He may be my brother, but those feet can be nasty! Im not going there!

After putting Tyler to bed I head off in search for Jayden. As I approach his door, I was about to walk straight in but I hear giggling and whispered conversations. I knock and wait for like 3 seconds and then turn the knob and slowly open the door. I hear a feminine gasp and Jayden curse as I stand in the doorway with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Sorry sweetheart, you're going to have to leave" I say to Hayley as friendly as I can manage, but it comes out as more of a snarl.

I ignore the fact that she is practically naked (except for her underwear); and Jayden only has his pants on. I don't know why but this makes me angry, upset, sad and a little envious. I shrug the weird feeling off, thinking it is probably because I haven't even been able to kiss Conrad yet.

"Who died and made her queen?" Hayley moans as she pulls the covers over herself refusing to leave.

"Daddy's orders. No sleepovers" I say to Hayley and shrug adding "Sorry" although from my tone, anyone can clearly tell that Im far from sorry.

"JD Bear" Hayley whines to Jayden.

Jayden runs a hand through his hair and he soothes Hayley "Its ok Hayley. You can stay"

"Ah, no she cant!" I interrupt as I glare at Jayden. What the hell is he doing? He knows dad's rules. I let him get away with it with Courtney once, but there is no way I am going to concede to Hayley. There is something off about her, I just cant put my finger on it.

"Look Alayna" Jayden replies in a harsh tone "I don't see what the problem is"

"What the problem is... The problem..." I stutter and then clear my throat asking "Jayden, can I talk to you in private?"

Jayden shakes his head and says "Whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of Hayley"

Ok, he wants to do this the hard way!

"Fine" I reply thinking he asked for it. I point at Hayley and then add "I don't like her!"

"Feelings mutual" Hayley interrupts and this makes me furious.

"Get out of my house!" I shout at her.

"Gladly" Hayley mumbles as she quickly gets dressed, in a dress that barely covers anything. She may as well have stayed in her underwear.

Hayley shrugs past me as Jayden follows after her apologising. Hayley stops outside Jayden's bedroom door and waits as Jayden turns to me and says "That was rude"

I shrug dismissively saying "You said I could say it in front of Hayley"

"Thats not what I meant, and you know it Alayna" he growls

"Whatever, Jayden" I growl back at him and then add "But she still isn't staying"

"Well, neither am I" Jayden shoots back. "Im moving out!"

I shrug knowing that Jayden wont follow through with his threat. Jayden has the same pained expression in his eyes before it is quickly masked by anger.

After Jayden leaves with Hayley, I decide that I don't want to sleep alone so I grab my covers and pillow from my room and make a bed on the couch in Tyler's room. I dont want to share a bed with my brother because he will probably throw up on me in his sleep. Gross!

In the back of my mind the argument I had with Jayden nags at me, but I keep assuring myself that he wont move out.

Tyler is leaving tomorrow, and Jayden would never leave me on my own so soon afterward. It was just an empty threat! He'll be back tomorrow!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

253K 4.9K 31
Two teens swear they hate each other or do they love each other?
268K 9.5K 20
Tayla and Jayceon is back. Follow them on their journey to revenge and love. What will happen to the two after finally talking again? Will they recon...
11K 238 19
Alayna, she's the shy new girl at the school, hates everyone and is hiding a secret se doesn't want out Jayden, he's the schools bad boy and top guns...
It won't last forever Av Kemmy

Slumpmässig kategori

6.7K 852 46
When your worst enemy ended up turning into the love of your life. Well, read and find out! (THIS IS ALL FICTIONAL!)