Transform (Jughead Jones, Riv...

By RockDD20

"Just tell me what happened that night!!" Some secrets can bring people together, some can tear them apart. ... More

PROLOGUE
CAST
CHAPTER 1: SWEETWATER DROWNING
CHAPTER 2: STITCHES
CHAPTER 3: THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
CHAPTER 4: A PERFECT MATCH
CHAPTER 5: THE FEAR OF TOADS
CHAPTER 6: WHAT AN ADDICTION
CHAPTER 7: A LIFE WITHOUT COFFEE
CHAPTER 8: STICKY MAPLE
CHAPTER 9: THE BAT AND CUTTERS
CHAPTER 10: BROKEN GLASS
CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE
CHAPTER 13: WHITE BOWS AND A BLACK JACKET
CHAPTER 14: SOBS AND SNEAKS
CHAPTER 15: BLACK LACE
CHAPTER 16: FUNERAL OF THE CENTURY
CHAPTER 17: PHONE CALLS AND HAPPY JUICE
CHAPTER 18: FLICKERING FLASHES
CHAPTER 19: FLASE ACCUSATIONS
CHAPTER 20: BACKLASH
CHAPTER 21: BABY SHOWER SECRETS
CHAPTER 22: CODE RED
CHAPTER 23: FOX IN A HOUSE OF HENS
CHAPTER 24: AN ARGUMENT OF LOVERS
CHAPTER 25: SECRETS AND SINS
CHAPTER 26: SNOW FLAKES
CHAPTER 27: THE UNDERWOODS
CHAPTER 28: THE FLIGHTLESS BUTTERFLY
CHAPTER 29: GRILLING RAGE ON BOTH SIDES
CHAPTER 30: HOMECOMING PART ONE
CHAPTER 31: HOMECOMING PART TWO
CHAPTER 32: BUS STOP BLUES
CHAPTER 33: THE DEATH
CHAPTER 34: LEAVING RIVERDALE
CHAPTER 35: BROKEN HANDS AND HEARTS
BOOK 2

CHAPTER 11: THE BROTHER OF ANNA

7.4K 168 32
By RockDD20

'Just hold me and tell me everything's going to be alright'

I don't own any of Riverdale, only my characters

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbour suspecting neighbour, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials. And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighbourhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

But little did the small town of Riverdale know that a certain Underwood brother would return to his town and reclaim what is rightfully his.

Previously......

I stood on top of my dads car, baseball bat in hand as I raised it above my head.

"Don't you dare Annabelle!" He yelled pointing at me, his glare furious and his lips curled up in disgust.

I looked towards my mother, her snarl evident but she caught my eye and nodded.

My eyes glanced to my father, my lungs pounding and my arms raised ready to pummel the windshield of his car. Something he valued more than his children.

He gave me one last look before I screamed "I WANT MY BROTHER BACK!!!" I screamed before bringing the baseball bat down at slamming it in the windshield, it cracked badly and it hit it again making it break into tiny pieces. I jumped down and began hitting the windows smashing them and dinting the car.

I heard the doorbell ring twice, I jumped off my bed and out my door and yelled out "I'll get it" I walked downstairs and went to the door. I grasped the cool copper handle and swung the door open.

I gasped at the figure in front of me, the blonde hair shining in the light. His masculine features showing a striking resemblance to my father, his eyes one blue one a light brown. His perfect smile showing off his straight and white teeth.

"Hello Anna" he grinned.

"Marcus"

--------

"Marcus"

"Did you miss me" he said, his smile turning bigger.

"Of course I did" I squealed wrapping my arms around his neck and squeezing him tightly, I let out a shaky breath trying not to cry. Marcus dropped the bags he was holding and squeezed me tighter burying his face in my neck.

I pulled away after a few moments "what are you doing here?" I asked, "mom called me, she told me dad was gone and wanted me back home" he answered.

"Well it's about time" I glared playfully punching him in the arm.

"When do you start back at school?"

"Tomorrow, is Chuck Clayton still there" he said his tone turning dark. "He got suspended, but he'll be back soon. But don't start anything Marcus" I replied sternly, "can we enjoy this, I just wanna eat some of moms key lime pie while we joke about stupid shit we did" I chuckled.

"And we will" he smiled slinking his arm over my shoulder and kicking his bags inside.

"Mom!" He shouted, we heard shuffling from upstairs and within seconds mom was sprinting down the stairs.

"Marcus!" She squealed running down the steps and engulfing Marcus in a tight hug, he patted her back softly. Mom was crying heavily now, as she pulled back she cupped his cheeks. Marcus is a good foot taller than me and half a foot with mom, so he basically towered over us.

"Are you hungry, I can make your favourite" mom grinned happily.

"Starving" Marcus smiled back.

Mom did a little skip before running into the kitchen. Marcus and I were silent for a few moments until he looked at me "so how's school going?" He asked.

"That is the most iconic question someone could ask" I smirked, he chuckled at me "but it's alright, the same as usual. Except for the fact that whenever I see Cheryl Blossoms face I want to bash it in" I growled.

"That's cute" Marcus said

"She thinks we're best friends despite what she did to you" I replied, "and you should continue to pretend to be her friend, we both know what a lying Blossom can do" Marcus said grasping my shoulders and looking into my eyes.

I let out a sigh rubbing my eyes, "I know about the playbook Marcus" I said. I saw him stiffen and remove his hands from my shoulder "who told you?" He asked monotone.

"My friends and I found it, tell me why Betty's name was next to yours"

"It's just a game Anna" is he that stupid, I scoffed loudly "just a game, are you serious Marcus. Your playing with living girls emotions".

"You don't think I know that" he snapped "why'd you agree to be in it?" I asked sternly "because all the other guys were doing it" he answered looking down at his shoes. "Did you know I was in it" I said, his eyes snapped up to mine "you're in it?"

"You didn't know?"

"No I didn't, but now that I know I'm going to rip that whole group a new one" he growled turning around to walk out but I quickly stopped him. "Don't Marcus" I said sternly "they must have added you to the list when I stopped doing it" he growled under his breath.

"You stopped?" I questioned "yeah, when I started dating Cheryl" he answered a hint of irritation in his voice, "I made sure they never added you to the list" he said "hell I didn't even want Betty on the list" he added.

"Then why was her name next to yours?" I said crossing my arms "because I asked for Betty not to be in the book, of course they didn't listen" he replied, "would you have used Betty?" I asked "no, I liked Betty. She was nice"

"Are you two fighting already?" Mom called from the kitchen, "no" I called back.

"We'll talk later" I said "okay fine, but can we please just act like normal siblings for the next couple of hours" Marcus replied, I nodded in reply before walking into the kitchen seeing mom smother a piece of steak in bread crumbs.

"Crumb steak for lunch mom" Marcus cheered

"I missed you mom" Marcus smiled wrapping her in a hug again, "I missed you too honey" mom whispered.

A let myself have a small smile watching the two, a mother and son reunited.

Cheryl's P.O.V

I reapplied my lipstick as I was about to leave Pops, I framed my lips with my cherry red lipstick and popped my lips once I was done. I smiled fixing my hair, then I saw a very familiar blue mustang drive into my view.

Anna's here?

But Anna wasn't the only one in the car. My eyes widened at the boy next her. The resemblance between the two was uncanny, the same blonde hair and a similar face structure. Holy god was he good looking, his jawline was strong and his build was muscular. His dirty blonde was short and slicked back, his lips stretched into a grin as they laughed.

I'd recognise that face from anywhere, Marcus. He's back.

My face faltered seeing both of them get out of the car, my heart thumped a million miles per second seeing my old flame. His hair still slicked back, I told him to do it like that so it wouldn't hang in his eyes.
He had a small stubble and still drop dead gorgeous. And how could I forgot how beautiful eyes, one blue one brown, those eyes I swooned over.

Then I saw he stopped shuffling through his pockets until he pulled out his phone smiling like a goof to Anna. He looked down before looking back up, towards me.

He froze seeing me, his eyes widening.

Please come to me, don't leave me again.

"Marcus, you coming?" Anna's voice rung in the air, he looked away from me and back to her. He chuckled shaking his head before walking up the stairs and towards her.

I felt a small tear escape my eye, I quickly wiped it off my cheek. But I looked towards Pops diner one last time, but I got what I expected, he wasn't there.

Anna's P.O.V

I am beyond pissed at Cheryl, Marcus basically gave me a run down on what happened between him and Cheryl. So he broke up with her because, well it's Cheryl. She didn't like it so she started saying that he had all these aggressive outbursts at her and threatened to hurt her many times, those rumours ended up with him being thrown off the football team and losing popularity. Then when he told her too stop and to tell the truth about the rumours, Cheryl being Cheryl refused.
She told her parents who told the principle who told my parents which got Marcus sent away, I would like nothing more than to take my very expensive bottle cutters and slice her head off.

Then she has the audacity to pretend to be my friend.

Just wait until I unleash my full rage upon her, she'll be nothing more than the twin of the boy who was murdered. That was actually really harsh.

Marcus said hello to Kevin who freaked out because Marcus was back, Veronica who also freaked out and Jughead, he didn't freak out like the rest, he seemed a little irritated to care that Marcus was back. Which is understandable, I think Marcus bullied him a few times.

But it wasn't long until Marcus left, something about visiting an old friend. I don't know, he doesn't tell me anything.

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream" Jughead growled angrily as I sipped on my caramel milkshake.

"As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..."

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references" Kevin interrupted, "well I wanted to hear another" I said. Jughead gave me a sideways smirk before turning back to Kevin and Veronica.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it"

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica said

"People who want to buy crack" Kevin replied "that's a little judgmental" I frowned

"Cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" It was then I noticed how Betty was looking down at her milkshake, out of our conversation and listening to herself think. I wonder what's got her so uninterested.

"Totally" she smiled shyly.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse..." Jughead said

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares" Veronica scoffed

"I do! Also, you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti... Or is that too obvious?" Jughead said.

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett" Veronica said "or The Talented Mr. Ripley" Kevin said excitedly.

"Bella, you've never been and I did say I'd do a movie for you" Jughead said.

Oh my god, I totally forgot about our second dateish thing. We were going to have it at the drive-in, and he was going to let me pick a movie for the night. How could I have forgotten.

"You pick, but it must be under the category of classic indie" I said taking a sip of my milkshake.

Jughead gave me a bright smile at my answer.

"Betty, your choices?" Kevin said, but Betty was in her own little world "everything okay, B?" Veronica asked.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um... Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?"

We all playfully snickered at her.

"Here you go, kids" Veronica's mom said sitting down some drinks "thanks, Mom" Veronica smiled.

We sat in silence for a few moments until the dinging of pops bell rang out.

"Now, that's an odd combo of people" Kevin announced, I turned around seeing Archie, his dad and Ms Grundy walk into pops. Why is Ms Grundy with them?

"I'll be right back" Betty said standing up "no, Betty. No Don't..." But she was already gone as Jughead tried to stop her, is she still having her spat with Archie?

"Wait, what's happening?" I asked my eyes on Betty and Archie, she said something to him and they both walked out. They began having a heated conversation our eyes trained on them.

"What's happening out there? Do we know? Is it about me?" Veronica asked

"I have a strong inkling, and no. Also, I'd let it go" Jughead answered "yes, but you're you, and I'm me. You do you, girl, I'll be back" Veronica smiled "Anna, you coming" she added.

I stood and followed her outside just catching onto the conversation.

"It's not what you're thinking" Archie defended "so, it's platonic?" Betty said.

"Okay, well, maybe it's a little like what you're thinking-"

"-Archie" Betty cut him off "Are you and Ms. Grundy, like, together, like, romantically?"

Holy shit!!

"Oh, my God. You and your music teacher are having an affair?" Veronica said astounded

"We are... ...together. Look, I know that sounds bad, but-"

"It's doesn't just sound bad, it is bad Archie. Do you know what will happen if you two are caught. Hello jail time" I scolded

"Anna, don't go there"

"Oh, I'm already there" I snapped back

"Ronnie, a little help here?" Archie said "I mean, technically, Anna's right. And ethically... Well, what is Grundy to you, anyway, your girlfriend? Your booty tutor?" Veronica asked.

"I don't know, I don't know what to call her" Archie sighed.

"You said you were at the river alone. You lied to Sheriff Keller, to all of us. Why? To protect her?" Betty said

"She believed in me when no one else did" Archie defended.

He turned to Betty a pleading look in his eyes "Betty, say something, please"

A car honked twice and we saw Betty's mom pull up "get in the car, Betty. Now"

Betty slid inside the car, she said a few things to her mom before they drove off.

"Oh, Archiekins... You're in it deep this time" Veronica said patting his back before both her and I walked back inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 7.6K 41
In which the queen of the Serpents becomes just a bit more Deadly. Sequel to Family Season 3
17.4K 326 20
Cheryl Blossom was not a fan of the new students at Riverdale High, but there was really nothing she could do. When the gang all gets together for a...
182K 5.3K 27
[COMPLETED] "I don't want you to end up like Jason." Katherine Parker and Jughead Jones were so alike, they became each other's enemies. Both are ase...
165 6 3
Riverdale has been known for its murders and mystery's solved by a group of teens who have really no business being involved, and it has it's gangs r...