Who you used to be - [p.jm]

By Yoonginyaan

"I'll do anything it takes to bring him back to his old self again. I know he's still in there, even if he's... More

PROLOGUE
1. "I missed you so much"
2. "Crying won't help"
3. "I'm Park Jimin"
4. "Welcome to the family"
5. "Say what you have to say and die"
6. "I want to meet him"
7. "I was too weak"
8. "Do you really still love me?"
9. "I don't think we can get him back"
10. "Fire"
11. "Jagiya"
12. "You killed them"
13. "I don't want to leave him"
14. "I'll save you"
15. Begin
16. "I hate you."
17. "Leave Jimin behind?"
18. "I love you"
19. Stigma
20. "I want you" [r15]
23. "Teamwork makes the dream work"
24. "Our contract is over"
25. "I can't do this anymore"
26. "They're running"
27. "Promise you won't ever leave me"
28. "I'm sorry"
29. "I hope they make it"
30. "We'll figure this out together"
31. Lie
32. "Let your mistakes remain in the past"
33 - "It's not the right time yet."
34 - "Hyung"
35 - "Because I love them"
36. - "Why him of all people?"
37. - "You left me with no other choice."
38. - "I want him dead"
39. - "How can I believe you?"
40. - "We're leaving"
41. "Kill me"
42. Reflection
43. "We'll avenge him"
44. "Rest well"
45. "This feels like a family reunion"
46. "You'll just have to trust me"
47. "He'll catch up"
48. "You chose your fate, boy."
49. "Such cold eyes"

22. "We have to kill him"

851 32 38
By Yoonginyaan

You woke up and immediately regretted trying to stand on both legs.

"Damn you Park Jimin", was your initial thought when you felt the pain spread across your body.

He hadn't gone easy on you last night and you still felt the aftermath of it.

"Good morning", Jimin smiled brightly as he walked in with a tray of food.
You looked at him a little grumpily at first. But you couldn't deny that you enjoyed it just as much as he did.

You felt your heart flutter at the memories of the night before.

"Sorry if I hurt you", he muttered upon seeing that you were in pain, but then leaned into your ear.
"Was I too good?"

You slapped his arm playfully making him chuckle.
He gave you your first decent meal after a few days which you accepted gladly.

Placing a soft kiss on your forehead, he sat across you and looked at you with a loving expression. He was silent for a bit, but then said what was on his mind.

"I missed everything about you; your lips, your touch, your voice... I could barely hold myself back all the time", he whispered, tracing his fingers across your face.

It didn't fail to give you goosebumps, like every time.

You had missed him too.

"I just wasn't sure about in the beginning. You were so different", you admitted.

You felt so complete at the moment.
Everything would have been perfect if you still didn't occasionally have to think about Bangtan.

What were their reactions when they found out that you had gone back to Jimin?
Did they hate you now? What did Taehyung say?

"And I'm not different now?", he questioned.

You thought about it. He was probably the same as he was before, but you saw it in a different way because of everything that had happened. It was like a huge weight from your heart had been dropped and you could finally be with him with no regrets.

"Well...I don't know. Somehow you are", you smiled.

He gave a thoughtful look. You were almost certain that he had gotten softer and more emotional again.
In general, ever since coming back to him. Did the experience with almost killing Jungkook change him?

However, something was still on your mind.
You had found out about what happened between him, Taehyung and Namjoon, but you still needed to know how Jimin had managed to survive. It was impossible that he had saved himself back then, his wounds had been too severe...

"Hey, I thought about what you said yesterday", he started.

You looked at him again.

"Jin-, Hoseok- and Yoongi-hyung don't necessarily have to die", he clarified.
You felt relieved, but still couldn't be completely happy with his decision, wanting to ask about Namjoon and Taehyung as well.

"But I won't hesitate to kill them if they get in the way", he added coldly.
You shivered a little at the thought. For a moment it had seemed as if he cared again, then again, he was so cold-blooded.

But then you were reminded of what Taehyung and Namjoon had done...

"Even so, do they have to die because of that?"

Not wanting to sound selfish, you gave him a thankful hug and started eating.

You were glad at least 4 members could be partially safe... But you weren't sure of your own feelings towards Taehyung and Namjoon.

Anger and disappointment was all that you felt when you thought about them, but your heart told you that it was wrong for them to die.

They were your family.

---

Yoongi came back to the new dorm the next morning and was immediately pinned against the wall by a furious Taehyung.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!", he shouted in Yoongi's face.
His grip lay on the collar of his hyung's sweater and firmly raised him a little from the ground.

The older coughed in surprise. He could have fought back, but he was just tired.

"Why the hell would you take her to him when we've just gotten her back?!", Taehyung almost cried through his yelling.

He was furious that he and Jungkook have had to endure so much for Yoongi to just bring you back to Jimin. They were just back at base 1.

"Was Jungkook's sacrifice all for nothing??", the younger shrieked.

Yoongi grunted.
"I brought her back because that wad what she wanted. You can't control her, Taehyung."

The boy slammed him against the wall again.
"Shut up!! She doesn't know what she wants because she's confused!"

Yoongi became angry. He normally wouldn't lose his temper, but the past few days had just been too much for him.
With a swift movement, he twisted Taehyung's hand and threw the boy against the wall with force. Yoongi was the one in control now.

"She's not confused. Y/N loved Jimin since day 1 and you kept butting in. Now that they can be together you're suddenly all selfish and posessive again. Let her do what she wants for once."

Taehyung's breath ceased for a moment to accept the pain that had been done to his heart.
Yoongi was right.
He had been too worried about you to even think about the possibility that you might have wanted to stay with Jimin.

"Did...she leave because of me?", Taehyung muttered while Yoongi let go of his collar.

"I don't know", Yoongi lied.
He knew that whatever Taehyung had told you, made you want to go to Jimin again.

Taehyung sat on the ground and covered his head in frustration.
"I'm so sorry..."

Yoongi didn't really know what to say since he wasn't good in comforting people. He knew about the friendship you and Taehyung had always had and also knew that you couldn't possibly hate him as much, no matter what he had done.
Your friendship was too strong for that, was what he thought.

"You were in love with her all this time", Yoongi just sighed, patting his friend's shoulder.
"But let her and Jimin be happy now."

Taehyung bit his lip. It was painful for him, but he would do what Yoongi said.
It wasn't fair of him to take you away from Jimin anymore. The only problem now was, Jimin who wanted to kill him for revenge and you were on his side. What position did that put you in?

Jin entered the hallway looking slightly concerned, but not as agitated as Taehyung was.
He called them over to the dining room table where Hoseok was already waiting for them.

The remaining 4 members all sat down.

"Namjoon and Y/N left, Jungkook and Taehyung are on temporary leave...", Jin explained, giving Taehyung a meaningful look.

"Bang PD-nim sent us orders... Jimin is now officially our next target", he told them.

The air in the room suddenly became thick, as if it were frozed solid.
Their worst fear had now been turned into reality.

Yoongi gulped, realizing what he had gotten you in. But it was your choice, so he tried not blaming himself.
It had to come to it one day.

"We have to kill him", Jin announced again with a slightly shaky voice.
He wasn't happy with it either.

The others already took it for granted that he was the second leader if Namjoon ever left - which was now. It was obvious that no one else could take over the leading of Bangtan apart from the eldest member.

Jin raised an eyebrow.
"I personally would like to hear what happened from Taehyung first."

The others froze. They had all suspected some dark history between Jimin and Taehyung but always trusted him. Now was the time they all knew.

Taehyung placed his fists on his thighs underneath the table.
"I guess it's only fair you know... Namjoon-hyung promised me he'd keep it a secret and I'm thankful that he did so. Please don't think badly of us after hearing it."

The air was full of anticipation and suspense.

And so he told then everything he had told you.
Ocasionally Hoseok and Jin would open their mouths in shock but be too busy with listening to notice.

Yoongi heard Taehyung out without showing any specific expression. But he hadn't expected something like this.

---

"That's it. I'll never forgive myself, neither will Y/N or Jimin. But it's my own fault and I'm sorry that he's after all of us because of it", Taehyung finished.

His face was red from the embarrassement and guilt he felt for keeping this a secret for so long. He was afraid that this would destroy Bangtan as well as their friendship completely.

"Okay", Jin just sighed after a long pause.
He was too surprised to say anything else, but Taehyung was glad they didn't yell or storm out of the room like you had.
Yoongi could finally understand why you had wanted to leave so badly.

"I can't say I'm not disappointed, but you're still a member of Bangtan and Bangtan always stays together", Jin stated even though he couldn't deny his frustration.

Taehyung gave him a thankful nod. These were the words he had wanted to hear after all this time.

"What's the plan now?", Yoongi asked sceptically. They were all tired and had limited strength. There was no way they could fight Jimin in that state.

They were all disappointed by Taehyung but figured that it was the past and nothing could be changed anymore. He was still their friend and brother.

"Y/N is there", Hoseok nervously said. He didn't like the idea of harming you by trying to kill Jimin. Taehyung looked around nervously.

"It was her choice. She's with the enemy now", Jin coldly said.
They were surprised to hear their new leader's cold tone he normally never used.

Jin had always been very fond of you but had to hold himself together now.
He was at the edge of his nerves and just wanted to get this whole story over with, even if it meant losing Jimin again.

He personally saw no way of getting Jimin back anymore, especially after hearing the story from Taehyung and the incident with Jungkook. There was no other way to secure everyone's safety apart from killing him.

"We'll attack in about a month, as soon as we gather more energy", Jin decided.
"Taehyung, please come with us."

Taehyung shook his head, causing his bangs to fall into his face.
"I can't face the both of them ever again."

Yoongi clicked his tongue before rapidly getting up and smacking the table with his fist.
Hoseok was the only one who flinched at the sudden move.

"Don't be so selfish. Bangtan always keeps together and you're just willing to leave because of your own personal issues? This isn't about your past, it's about the mission to kill Jimin given to us by PD-nim", Yoongi strictly spoke, but deep within he was as equally pained as Taehyung.

Taehyung gritted his teeth.
"If Bangtan always stays together, then why did everyone leave?"

Yoongi fell silent. The only thing that could be heard was Jungkook's pulse-count in the other room.

"Do you not care about Y/N anymore?", Hoseok silently asked.
He had been awfully quiet for the past few days.

Taehyung gave him a questioning look. Of course he still cared. He loved you so much as to do anything for you.

"Think about it. If we're going to kill Jimin, what will happen to her?", Hoseok uttered.

The others needed a moment to process it as well.
You were either a threat or a comrade to them. It could be that you were going to defend Jimin, which left them no choice.

One of the rules their boss had given them was : "If someone gets inbetween you and your target, kill them too."

Taehyung shivered. He didn't want you ending up killed because of your love for Jimin.

"Fine... I'll go with you. But if you hurt Y/N, I'll personally shoot you", Taehyung announced.

The others knew he wasn't joking, but they couldn't promise anything. They all just wanted to finally end this whole story and live a normal life again.

Taehyung on the other hand, had only one goal, which was protecting you.
He would do anything to save you with his last strength even if he saw no point in his life anymore.

If it came to it, he would let Jimin kill him. He thought he deserved it, after all.

---

"What happened to you afterwards? ...After we left you?"

It took you a lot of courage to ask Jimin and he knew exactly what you meant.
After he had gotten shot by Taehyung and was left bleeding on the ground.

Jimin's painful expression made you regret asking.

"The enemy arrived shorty after you left and captured me", he explained codly.
These memories were obviously painful to him and he didn't want to talk about it much.
"I think it's enough to tell you that they kept me alive, but for a reason."

"For what reason?", you asked, partially already knowing from seeing the scars on his body yesterday.

"They had their fun torturing people", he just muttered while looking down.
He was sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the wall in front of you.

You placed the tray with food away from your lap and got up to sit on your knees.
His shoulders stiffened when you suddenly touched his stomach from behind- the place he had the scar from Taehyung and many others caused by painful memories.

"I'm sorry", was all you could say before hugging his back.
His muscles loosened up by your touch and he stroked your hands which were around his stomach.

"I should have never left your side that day", you whispered.

He must have gone through so much pain and agony in that time and you couldn't do anything but feel sorry. The depression and hard time you had gone through somehow seemed so unimportant now.

"It's not your fault."

He didn't say anything else, but sat there recalling the pain he had experienced during that time. The physical pain had been nothing compared to the pain he felt while missing you.

"The thoughts of you was what kept me alive during that time", he spoke again, his voice sounding raspy.

"When I regained my energy, I escaped and swore to become stronger to kill everyone who had ever hurt me."
His voice sounded colder, but also filled with sadness.

"I never forgot about you", he smiled while turning to face you.

You felt tears of joy well up in your eyes.
"I never forgot about you either."

He seemed relieved to hear that.
"I was hoping that Taehyung wouldn't steal you away from me."

You fell silent. So he knew that Taehyung had been in love with you.
"You knew?"

"Ever since he joined, he was awfully friendly and protective over you... I didn't like it at all", Jimin explained.
Apparently, you were the only ond who hadn't noticed and felt a little bad about it.
You just saw him as a friend - or you used to.

But no matter how much you thought about what Taehyung had done, you couldn't forget how he had been there for you.
Even if it was to relieve his own guilt or if it was because he loved you, he was there for you after Jimin's death - more than anyone.

"He helped me when I had depression after you left... I wanted to kill myself, Jimin", you admitted.

It had been a tough time for you and you couldn't deny having suicidal thoughts. Taehyung had been there for you, always.

Jimin's eyes narrowed. He didn't really know what to say. He hated Taehyung but hearing you say that sort of did make him feel thankful towards him.

He shoved the thought away, not wanting to get too sentimental. The thoughts and memories of Bangtan was something he had managed to block away for the past few years and didn't want coming back now.
It would only bring his weak self back and cause him to lose the purpose of his survival - the revenge.

He knew well that he was going to be targeted by Bangtan sooner or later anyways, so he wasn't planning on making a move until they came around themselves.

But the revenge was just something he had to settle.

Otherwise the 2 years would have been for nothing.

××××

"I have to poop"
~Park Jimin

Just kidding xD this is so cute

I'm really motivated to write and publish more stories but I'm terrible in keeping up with all those books.

I have like 20 drafts and none of them are completed. I just forget what I've written and don't have motivatiom to continue so I start a new story...bruh

But I hope I can publish a new book soon, idk which one it will be but yeh:)

I already have many chapters pre-written for this book and don't know whether if it would be wise to put some later parts into a sequel or not.

Cuz the later story takes place a year or so in the future so I thought it would make sense to have this seperation of books.

But who knows:) What do you guys think? I'm really conflicted on what to do.

Thanks for reading as always!:*

[Yoonginyaan] - Author💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 427 15
"We interrupt the scheduled program for an emergency announcement: please remain inside with doors and windows locked. Hide your family-" I slammed...
5.6K 252 37
Kill Squad. A gang of manipulators, tempers, thrives, and best of all; killers. Ruthless human beings who have no respect, nor sympathy for anyone b...
581 35 29
They were in love.They always smiled.They even committed sins together...which she now regrets. From the start,he's been telling lies. Saying "I love...
37K 2.9K 25
❝I was given a month to get that twig of a man to fall in love with me before I kill him. Considering he hired a private investigator to find my wher...