Power and Love

By Medrae

The old king is dead. His son, Alfred F. Jones, rises to the throne and has to find a Queen. When Alfred fin... More

Prologue: New Reign
Chapter 1: New Queen
Chapter 2: The Castle
Chapter 3: Prophecy
Chapter 4: Discussions
Chapter 5: Brother
Chapter 6: Wizard
Chapter 7: Echos
Chapter 8: Tears
Chapter 9: Coronation
Chapter 10: Royals
Chapter 11: Swords
Chapter 12: Memory
Chapter 13: Vision
Chapter 14: Battle cry
Chapter 15: Words
Chapter 16: Silence
Chapter 18: Assassin
Chapter 19: Ghost
Chapter 20: Nine of Spades
Chapter 21: Duel
Chapter 22: Homecoming
Chapter 23: Kisses, roses and tea
Chapter 24: Peace
Chapter 25: Surprise
Chapter 26: Traitorous mind
Chapter 27: Jokers
Chapter 28: Farewell
Chapter 29: River
Chapter 30: Meeting
Chapter 31: Truth
Chapter 32: Protest
Chapter 33: Feeling
Chapter 34: Revolution
Chapter 35: Burn

Chapter 17: Homicide

379 22 3
By Medrae

(Warning! Might be triggering!)

Arthur's POV

I thrusted the rapier through man's chest and his blood splattered on my hand and robe.

Someone yelled and I turned around quickly. Sword's blade cut my cheek, but I didn't care about it. I counter-attacked. Man dodged my attack and hit me. His sword didn't pass my armor, but I stumbled and fell onto the ground. Maybe I should have slept more, I thought, before turning my head to look a my opponent.

He looked me with hate in his eyes.

"You killed my son!" He lifted his sword to cut my head off. Suddenly, an arrow went through his throat, because my opponent was too "tough" to wear an armor. And because he looked like a mountain, so big he was.

"Your Highness! Are you all right?" A boy ran next to me. I recognized the boy as Rick.

"Thank you for saving me, Rick." I wiped off the blood on my cheek. That wound wasn't fatal, so I didn't have to worry.

I abruptly felt tired. This was our third attack trying to break through Diamonds' shield, but now we didn't attack to Nine of Spades. We had attacked to Ten of Spades. Diamonds had less soldiers in Ten of Spades than we had nearby, so we were winning. But, I have to say, Diamonds have willpower. They managed to withstand, but tonight, they will loose.

"Let them feel the true power of Spades in their bones!" I yelled, although I doubt that nobody heard it. Well, maybe Rick.

I glanced around me, until someone bumped into me and I found myself on the ground. I got a terrible déjà-vu, before raising my rapier. It went through the man's side. Man grunted before he stood up and looked like he didn't feel any pain.

"We won!" Someone yelled. "We won! Ten of Spades is ours again!" Rick killed his opponent before smiling widely. Man in front of me roared, before trying to pierce me. I rolled over, stood up and thrusted my sword to his armpit. Rapier's blade came out of his throat. Man rattled, coughed and tried to breathe. I watched as he drowned in his own blood.

Rick, who was behind the man, looked slightly nauseous. I knew I could never forget man's face and his cause of death. I had killed him and I could never wash the blood, which I had shed, from my hands.

I knew every man knew this feeling.

------------

I walked on the battlefield, trying to find lieutenant Fernand or major Dan.

I found them soon enough. Major had taken some captives and Fernand watched them with sharp eyes. Other one looked shocked, maybe he was crying, but other one was defiant. Both were sitting on the muddy ground and their hands were tied behind their back with a old rope.

"Who are you?" I asked, trying to look as noble and proud as possible, but I doubt it. I had blood stains on my clothes and a small cut on my cheek.

"M-m-my-my na-name i-is Jean." Smaller one stuttered, and he didn't look me in eyes. "Tell me about Diamonds' plan, Jean." I said.

"No! My brother won't tell you anything, you piece of shit!" Bigger one yelled in anger.

"Don't talk to him like that. He is the Queen of Spades, after all, Pierre." Jean said and looked at me with shame.

"Ah, your name is Pierre. Maybe you want to tell me something?" I walked in front of him and crouched.

"No way!" He spitted on my face. I wiped it off and stood up.

"Put both of them in cells. Give them food and water, if they want it." I said. Fernand bowed.

"Yes sir!" Lieutenant commanded captivies to stood up before walking away with them. 

I turned to watch major Dan.

"How many died?" I just wanted to go to sleep.

"Two hundred and fifty." He answered.

"What about the civils in here?" 

"I'll show you myself." There was sadness in his eyes as I followed him.

We walked on the streets, which were empty and quiet. Dan stopped and I did the same.

I gasped and put hand in front of my mouth. About two hundred women and children were laying on ground, with their heads few inches away from their bodies. Some even had their intestines on the ground. Flies were flying around the corpses. The smell was terrible.

I tried my hardest not to vomit, but soon I found myself on my knees, retching my breakfast out, although there was almost nothing to begin with.

After I had recovered, I stood up slowly. Major Dan looked at me, and there was surprising tenderness in his dark brown eyes.

"Don't worry, my Queen. You're not the only one who did that after seeing this." I nodded.

"Are... Are there other survivors?" I said, my voice slightly hoarse. Dan shaked his head.

"I'm afraid there isn't. All the men tried to defend their city from intruders, but they died."

"Then, bury those bodies in honorable ceremony."

"What do we do with Diamonds' soldiers' bodies?"

"Burn them. They have killed our people, so they don't deserve honourable ceremony."

Major nodded.

"And, send a word to Jack of Spades. Say that we have conquered Ten of Spades back and we'll attack to Nine of Spades in two days." I said.

"Yes. Do you need something else, your Highness?"

"Bring me food, if there is that left. I'll go to sleep." I started walking away from the corpses.

"Where?" I stopped and turned to look at him.

"Somewhere peaceful. Maybe near the battlefield." I answered.

"All right. I'll bring you your food personally." Major Dan said and walked towards the city's center.

I watched after him, quite confused, but then I shrugged and started walking towards the battlefield.

I found a beautiful cottage, although it looked like poor family's property. The furniture of the hause was old and worn out, but I didn't care. At least there was a bed. I collapsed on it, before watching around me.

In the kitchen, which was on the left side, there were small oven, kitchen table, six chairs, worn out brown curtains and some empty cupboards.

On the right side, there was a living room. There was a window, too, but there were no curtains. There was a sofa and two armchairs.

The room, where I was, was probably the bedroom. There were six another small beds, but the bed, where I was sleeping, was bigger than others. Maybe this was parents' bed.

Before I closed my eyes, I saw something silvery. It looked like a human, but before I got to do something, it disappeared.

I fell asleep rather quickly.

---------------

A knock from the door woke me up.

"Your Highness? Are you there?"

"Yes, come in." I noticed that I had fell asleep with my bloody robe and boots on. Door opened and major Dan walked in with a plate of omelette and crisp bread. He put them on the kitchen table.

"And you couldn't take any dirtier hause to sleep, my Queen." He joked. I, on the contrary, didn't want to joke. I walked in the kitchen and sat on one of the chairs.

"Are there any news?" I started eating. Even food like this was delicious when war was going on.

"Yes, there are. Scout, who was near Nine of Spades, noticed that there were no guards."

I stopped eating. "Are they planning on attacking?"

"It seems so." Dan stated, hatred written in his eyes. "If they attack, we can revenge for those who died here!"

Don't put your feelings in this game, or you'll regret it, I wanted to say. Instead, I just finished my breakfast and stoop up.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Well, yes..." If a major could look like a mess, he looked right that right now.

"Yes?"

"It is a personal matter." He walked closer to me.

"Well, I'm not sure can I help you.." I said hesitantly.

"You can." And once again, I found myself on the floor, but now major Dan was on me and I was staring at his lustful eyes.

He wanted me. 

I have an obsession with that "I-found-myself-on-the-ground" thingy😂

(And why I put characters always in some kind of trouble?)

I'm now on vacation (ten weeks, I suppose?) from school so chapters will come more often than when I was in school.

And, I've noticed this problem that when someone comments on my story, and I answer it, but when I click "back" button, Wattpad doesn't show me the whole chapter. Usually it just cuts sentences and doesn't show all words I've written. I'm not sure is this problem visible to you, dear readers, but I hope it's not. If you have any ideas how to fix this, I hope you would share them with me, please.

>1501 words<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 38 10
Finally taken from the depths of hell, all I want is freedom. Instead, fate demands I accept a new master. A relentless alien alpha with orange scale...
37.1K 1.2K 38
Arthur Kirkland was peasant never lived in a castle never had the money his family needed. Alfred F. Jones a young Prince of the Spade kingdom. When...
4.2K 58 19
The four kingdoms are in turmoil, constantly bickering over how to make their lands and lives better, but never actually doing anything except threat...
37.1K 1.3K 29
Arthur has gotten a mark, of spades even though he lives in clubs.. What could it mean? Alfred is Prince of spades, he is unsure of who will rule the...