I Won't Give In (Completed)

By Zomb1eMummy

Forget everything they tell you about mates. Forget those girls who fall in love with the bad man in the end... More

Warning
Prologue
Chapter 1 - On My Way
Chapter 2 - The Mating Ball
Chapter 3 - Taken
Chapter 4 - No
Chapter 5 - Nothing Worse Than You
Chapter 6 - Punished
Chapter 7 - Your Turn
Chapter 8 - Braaten
Chapter 9 - Ain't Gonna Be Me
Chapter 10 - I Won't Give In
Chapter 11 - Unexpected Help
Chapter 12 - Three Weeks
Chapter 13 - Falling
Chapter 14 - Fuck
Chapter 15 - Full Moon
Chapter 16 - You Deserve It
Chapter 17 - Goodbye
Chapter 18 - Emotions
Chapter 19 - Dad
Chapter 21 - War
Chapter 22 - Promise
Chapter 23 - The Girl I Broke
Chapter 24 - Fight Song
Epilogue
New Books!
Alternate Ending #1
Alternate Ending #2

Chapter 20 - Father in Law

1.3K 48 1
By Zomb1eMummy

Norman POV

"I need my baby girl back, Ger. I can't imagine what she is going through at the hands of that monster." I grimace. I don't want to think of what he could possibly be doing to her. "We need to march on his land now!"

"Easy, Norm. I understand you want your daughter back. We all want her back, but we need to have a plan first before we just walk up to Colton. You know what he is capable of. I refuse to endanger my wolves for her. I'm sorry but it's just how it's going to be!" Gerald asserts. 

"I can't accept this!" I yell, smashing my fists on his desk. The sound of wood splintering echoes through the air. Gerald gives me a warning glare. "I'm sorry. I lost my temper." 

"It's fine. I do understand what you are going through. I would do anything to get Lucas back if he was taken, but we need to be smart with this." He gets up from his chair and walks over to the window beside his desk. "I have allies that owe me some favours. I have already sent for their help and they have all agreed to join us. It puts our numbers up to twelve hundred."

"I'm not sure if that is enough. Last I heard, Alpha Colton, has closed to five thousand at his beck and call." Beta Thomas butts in. 

"Yes, but they are spread throughout his multiple districts. In his main district where he resides and where we assume Skylar is located at, there should only be five hundred to a thousand wolves. It would take hours, if not days, for the others to join him. We can use that to our advantage." Gerald counters. 

"As long as we are quiet about this, it will work. We can't let him know when we will be on his land." I state. 

"That will be the hard part. In order to do that, we will have to avoid other packs that could potentially send word to Colton." Beta Thomas advises. 

"But that could add days! Skylar might not have that much time!" I bellow. My anger begins to seep through my pores. 

"If he is alerted, he could do something to hurt Skylar." Beta Thomas cautions. 

"Thomas, I highly doubt anyone would do that. How many Alphas do you see allied with Colton? Truthfully, I don't think he has a friend throughout the entire country. I say we take the most direct route. We can be there within three to four hours. It also gives him less time to prepare." Gerald says. We both look at Beta Thomas for his approval. He seems to be conflicted but eventually offers us a nod in agreement.

"So it's settled?" I ask.

"It's settled. I will call up our allies and have them meet us at a mutual location that is en route to Colton's pack. Thomas, you prepare our warriors. Leave fifty to keep our lands secure. Norm, I need you to gather my son. I don't know where that boy disappears to, but he needs to be here for this." Gerald orders. "We leave in two hours. You are dismissed."

Beta Thomas and I bow our heads before leaving Gerald's office. I close the door behind us and head towards the living area of the pack house to begin my search for Lucas.

"This may be a death sentence for us all, Norman." Beta Thomas warns. "Is it really worth it?"

A growl threatens to escape my lips at his words, but miraculously I keep it contained. "If it was your daughter, would you just leave her be?" 

He sighs. "Sometimes you have to do what's best for the pack, Norman." He suggests, walking off towards to training yard. 

"And sometimes you have to do what's best for your family," I mumble to myself. 

I begin my search for Lucas. Chances are he is with his secret mate out in the forest somewhere, so that is where I begin my search. 

It doesn't take long for me to catch the Alpha-to-be's scent. I find him sitting at the river bank with Will, his mate. His arm is around Will's shoulders and I can hear their whispers of promises being passed to one another. 

"Hello boys," I say, startling them both. "Lucas, your father has sent for you. We are leaving in two hours to get Skylar back. He's disappointed that you weren't there for the meeting."

"Finally. We should have gone after her weeks ago!" He complained. "I don't understand his hesitation."

I let out a loud sigh. "As much as I agree, he is doing what's best for the pack. Marching on Colton's land will start a war. It's inevitable."

"So let it! He can't just take innocent girls!" He bellows.

I raise my hands in fake surrender. "Hey, you don't have to tell me! I completely agree. Your father, however, sees things differently. And the Beta likes to make things complicated as well."

"Thomas can suck a dick. I can't wait for me to take over as Alpha so I can get rid of him. He is an awful Beta." Lucas spats, making me chuckle. 

"Yes, well, that is your right. I would say goodbye to Will now. I'm sure your father will want to discuss things with you before we leave." I say, leaving them alone. I decide to quickly head home to let my wife know of the news. 

I walk up the steps to the front door of my house and open the door with the bang. "Babe, I'm home!" I yell out. 

"In here!" Shianne yells back to me from the kitchen. 

I find her chopping up onions, tears running down her eyes. The sight makes me smile slightly. I lean in and give her a quick kiss. "Ger finally agreed for us to get her back, Shi." I tell her. 

She drops the knife and turns slowly towards me. "Really?" She whispers.

"Really, really," I respond. "We leave in about an hour."

She throws her arms around my neck and plants a hard kiss on my lips. "Thank you so much!" 

I smile down at her. "No need to thank me. I would do anything for my family. I will get her back. I promise you that."

Shianne places a hand on my cheek. "Please, just be careful. I can't lose you too. 

I scoff. "Of course, but I need to go. I love you, Shianne." 

"And I love you, Norman. Please be safe." She begs and I just nod. I give her a quick kiss before heading back out the door to meet the rest of the pack. I will finally be able to have my daughter back. I can't wait to make that fucker pay for taking her. 

*****

"We will set up camp here and wait for Colton and his men to come to us," Gerald commands. "Thomas, take ten warriors and scout the surrounding land. Make sure there are no threats that can surprise us. Lucas, take five warriors and set them in the trees for lookouts. They must warn us the second they see Colton or his men. Norman, come with me."

"Yes, Alpha." The three of us say. Gerald watches Beta Thomas and Lucas leave before turning towards me. He motions with his hand for me to follow. 

"Norman, I need you to be prepared for this." He starts. 

"I'm more than prepared, Ger." 

"I mean mentally. Colton is an evil and conniving man. He will get into your head. Trust me, you need to think clearly when we see him." Gerald says. 

I nod my head. "Okay," I reply simply. 

"Chances are he will say some things to get under your skin, but you can't let him. You need to keep your cool. I mean it, Norm. I'm going to let you take most of the lead on this because this is your daughter. However, don't let him get to you." He orders. 

"I won't, Ger," I assure. 

"Good. Let's get your daughter back." 

Let's do that. 

*****

It isn't long before we hear the signal from our warriors stationed out throughout the woods. Alpha Colton is on his way. I cannot wait to knock his teeth in. Oh, how I will love the sound of my fists breaking his ribs. The snap of his neck will be a sweet lullaby to me for years to come. 

I look out in the direction of his land, skimming the trees for any sign of them. I wait and wait until I see four figures push through the brush. Three men and a familiar brunette woman come into view. 

Skylar. Edgar, my wolf, howls with glee. She is alive!

Of course, she is alive, you idiot. I scold. 

Gerald, Beta Thomas, Lucas and myself quickly step forward, meeting the four halfway through the clearing. My heart is hammering in my chest. All I want to do is rush to Skylar and scoop her into my arms, carrying her away from the madmen who stole her from us. 

"Gerald, what do I owe the pleasure?" A tall, black-haired man asks with a smirk plastered to his face. I assume this is Colton, I can feel his power even at my distance. 

"You know why I'm here," Gerald growls in return. I see him visibly straighten, trying to stand tall and show no weakness to the pup.

Colton chuckles. "Enlighten me again?" He says, waving his wrist. I can feel my wolf trying to break free. He wants nothing more than to rip the monster's throat from his body. It takes everything I have to keep him reigned in. 

"We came for my daughter!" I demand. I shoot a look towards Skylar, looking her over for any damage. 

If he laid a finger on him, I will rip every limb from his body. My wolf growls. 

A grin forms on Colton's face. A grin that can only be described as one thing. Evil. "Ah yes. That's it. Well, I am happy to inform you, Dad, that Skylar and I are mates." 

The bastard has the audacity to call me his dad? And what is this bullshit of him being Skylar's mate? This is Ludacris! My nails begin to lengthen in anger.

"Nonsense! My daughter would never be mated to a disgrace of an Alpha such as you!" I yell. I look at my daughter, searching for answers. However, she is looking down. Tears fall down her cheeks. I want to run to her, hug her and tell her everything will be okay, but I know that wouldn't be good right now. 

My daughter's supposed mate snickers. "Well, that's where you're wrong. We are definitely mates, Dad."

Kill him. Edgar huffs.

"Enough with this! Release my daughter!" I roar. 

"I'd advise you to hold your tongue before I cut it off, Norman," Colton warns. His eyes flash dark in anger. Good, I pissed him off. 

"I'm fine. You need to leave." Skylar stammers out quietly. Colton shoots her a glare, making her look down again. 

"I won't leave without you, Skylar. I am your father. I vowed to keep you safe the day your mother birthed you." I promise. "You are certainly not safe with this asshole!" 

"Oh Dad," Colton grasps Skylar's neck tightly. I can see her wince in pain.

Kill him! Terrence roars.

"Who says I don't keep your daughter safe? Lars, do I keep Skylar safe?" He asks, turning towards a man I assume is his Beta. 

"Well, there's that one time when you whipped her-" He begins.

"You whipped my daughter!?" I snarl. I quickly lunge towards the asshole, but Gerald and Beta Thomas hold me back. "I swear I will rip your pretty, little head from your shoulders when I get my hands on you, Colton!"

"She tried to run away, what can I say?" Colton says with a shrug. 

"And then there was the time you locked her in the cells and let those men have a go at her." The man called Lars adds. 

Kill them all! 

Colton laughs. "Yes, I suppose that wasn't particularly safe." He remarks, a smirk playing on his mouth again.

I look at my daughter. I can feel tears of anger and sadness pushing to escape my eyes. I try to convey a message to her, telling her that daddy's here, but she looks away from me. I can see shame evident on her face. She shouldn't be ashamed, though. The man who claims to be her mate should be. 

"Okay, that's enough Colton," Skylar whispers.

"I can't hear anymore," I add. My heart is already broken for her. 

I watch Colton wrap his disgusting arm around Skylar. She visibly tenses at the action. He nips at the now visible mark on her neck and she shivers, her cheeks growing red in embarrassment. I see Colton whisper something in Skylar's ear, her face turns pale at his words. 

"No, Colton! Please stop!" She cries, pulling away from him. That evil grin from earlier is again on his face. Amusement dances in his eyes. He's enjoying what he's doing and it makes me sick. He winks at Skylar before grabbing her and holding her close again. I see her struggling and I want to help her, but the strong hand of my Alpha keeps me in place.

"Enough with this childish behaviour, Colton. We came here for the girl. If you don't plan to give us the girl, then we shall take her by force!" Gerald finally speaks up.

"Nope, definitely not giving her to you. I don't give away what's mine!" He snaps.

"Then you leave us with no choice. You have until tomorrow morning to change your mind. If you don't, we will march on your land. Innocent wolves will die for your greed." Gerald states with a growl. 

"Why wait? Let's start the party now!" Colton roars. He picks up Skylar and hands her over to the fourth man, ordering him with his Alpha voice to bring her to the cells. The man nods his head and runs back in the direction the came.

Colton turns towards us again. His nails and teeth elongated and his eyes black. "Innocent wolves may die for my greed, Gerald, but at least they won't die for my poor decisions. Your coming here today will end with this field swamped with your blood and your son's head on my wall.

"And you, Norman. Your last image before you die will be me fucking your precious daughter. The final words you will hear is her voice screaming my name. Hope you all said goodbye to your loved ones. The South Niagara Pack ends tonight." His speech ends with a howl to the Moon Goddess. Hundreds of wolves burst through the brush behind him signalling that the war has begun. 

May the Goddess be on our side. 

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry for the kind of repetitive chapter. I wanted to tell Skylar's old pack's side a little bit. Plus, this acts as kind of a filler chapter. I am debating between three different endings to this story, so I used this to buy some time before I decide. Let me know what you think!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2M 452K 47
Read the description or watch the trailer :P -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUt8A-N_Ls Skylar is a orphaned werewolf, sent from her home in en...
80K 2.4K 62
Although her fathers death hurt her, it was when her mother died that really took a toll on Sierra. The pain she felt was so immense she decides to n...
130 1 16
Skylar is a girl with a past. She lost people close to her and is constantly in grief. Her surroundings are also ever-changing. However, she adapts a...
143K 4.5K 20
"you are mine, all mine and only mine" he said looking me straight in the eye. "what did I say??" "I said what did I say??" he asked again waiting fo...