My secret wolf (Niklaus Mikea...

By wolfsdancing453

When a mysterious wolf, suddenly saves Niklaus and his daughter Klaus can't help but feel indebted to the wol... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Mysterious Wolf
Chapter Two - Then It Clicked
Chapter Three - I refuse to be
Chapter Five - so going to regret this later
Chapter Six - Bloody hell
Chapter Seven - The Box
Chapter Eight - The box?

Chapter Four - A bedtime story

8.7K 210 16
By wolfsdancing453

Sorry, I know that I should update more often, but I'm in the middle of my GCSE's that are highly stressful and so I haven't rally had time for writing as much. However I only have one more week of exams so hopefully, I'll have more time after next week. On with the chapter.

P.S. I watched the new Wonder Woman yesterday. It was amazing, as soon as the credits began rolling at the end I just wanted the film to replay from the beginning. It was so good.

Elijah's POV

"What do you mean?" My Sister asks, obviously confused

"I mean, that she was somehow able, to perform witchy magic whilst as a wolf" Niklaus states, clearly frustrated. My eyebrows furrow, but that's impossible...

"But that's not possible, you can't be a witch and a werewolf" Rebekah states, almost as if she was voicing my thoughts. Freya who had been stood there listening to the conversation decides to but in.

"Like Rebekah said, it's not possible, nature wouldn't stand for such" This being the first thing she's said to Niklaus in a while as he recently killed her gentleman friend. Typical Niklaus.

"Yes, Niklaus, are you quite sure that this is what you saw?" Deciding to involve myself with the conversation.

"Yes, I'm quite sure Elijah considering that's how she managed to snap my neck" Niklaus snaps, he's been quite irritable since I found him. Well, more irritable than usual. "That's not the only thing either" Niklaus continues, causing the rest of us to become intrigued in what he has to say. "Her eyes... They just changed..." He seems to zone out for a moment, as though taking a moment to relive whatever had happened before continuing. "They were like a dark blue, but they appeared to have gold flecks in them. They almost seemed to be glowing" Niklaus says, almost mesmerised, which causes me to raise an eyebrow. Niklaus hasn't been mesmerised in at least a few centuries. Rebekah also seems to notice his strange tone of voice as she gives him a confusing look.

"I've never heard of anything like that, within my whole time with Dahlia, and we pretty much saw everything there is to see, as she was power hungry and always searching for those with more power than us" Freya speaks, casting Niklaus a glance, wanting to know if there's any more information for us to know.

"Well, this wolf's definitely stronger than Dahlia, when her eyes glowed, I could practically feel the power radiating off of her, and it made Dahlia feel like nothing when compared" Niklaus states, seeming less frustrated than before, but frustrated never the less.

"So you're saying that there's this hybrid witch wolf, out there now, running around, doing God knows what, and we're just stood here?" Rebekah questions hypocritically, when she too, is just stood here.

"Well, what do you want us to do sister, we don't exactly have much to go on," Niklaus says with a glare, directed at Rebekah. I sigh, sensing an argument is going to break out. But surprisingly, Rebekah seems to back down after that. Niklaus looks towards me and I know that we're thinking the same thing.

If we don't do something fast, We're screwed.

Deep in the Bayeux (Third Person)

With pricked ears, the young wolf cautiously prowls through the trees, alert. The scent of a wolf on her territory, causing Nathalia to be careful, especially with Niklaus probably wanting her dead. The young wolf inhales the air to get a better idea of where the scent is coming from but halts mid walking with her left front paw up in the air, as she realises that instead of just the one wolf she had originally sensed, there was more. They were quite a distance away, near the borders of her territory, so she struggled to get a good hold on the scent. But what she did know that there was at least 12 of them. 12 wolves. Nathalia wasn't worried about them attacking her, as she knew she could easily take them, she was more confused than anything. For the wolves appeared to be coming from the pack that was just a little North of her territory, the pack to which she stole some oversized clothes on the day she went into the market. Thinking back now, Nathalia realised that, that was the day she'd formally met Niklaus, the vampire-wolf that confused her, but also sparked curiosity within her.

This led the young wolf to wonder why the wolves were here. They've known for a long time not to come into her territory, yet they appear to not care, for the scent grows steadily closer. The wolf decides that it's better to investigate from afar than it is to up front them, knowing that upfronting them might cause them to attack. So the wolf dashed off, in the direction of the wolves, but instead of going in a direct route, she weaved through the trees, for the wolf knows her own terrain like the back of her paw. So the wolf decides to use this to her own advantage. Weaving through the trees allows her scent to be spread out, which Nathalia knows will confuse the wolves as to what direction they should head. By doing so, the wolf is able to watch the wolves from afar, without being caught, as they can't distinguish which way the scent of her is strongest. Slowing to a halt, Nathalia looks to the group of wolves, they're in human form and from what she can see there appears to be 13 of them. Nathalia tilts her head in confusion, the wolves know that she's strong, so what makes them think that they could take her on, in their human form none the less. The young witch-wolf decides to listen in to their conversation, in attempts to figure out why they're here.

"We need to destroy this, monster!" One of the men shouts, he has short dark hair with brown eyes. The surrounding men jeered, causing the wolf to narrow her eyes and a snarl to escape her. Luckily she was too far way for them to hear her, even with their wolf hearing. Who are they? To storm onto my territory. To kill me and then call me the monster. Nathalia thinks to herself, her anger rising by the minute.

"No disrespect alpha but, I was always taught that us wolves are to be loyal to each other. Not, fight each other" Says a short blonde boy, who looks as though he's in his early twenties, stepping forward.

"This thing is not a wolf. This disgusting monster is not one of us. It killed a whole pack of wolves. A whole pack of them. What kind of monster does that, there were children in that pack" The Alpha spits back, emotion evidence in his voice. His words cause confusion mixed with anger in Nathalia. 

Knowing that it would be reckless to just run over and attack, Nathalia decides to continue to watch them from afar, picking out their weak points and the best way to defeat them if it does come down to a fight. The young wolf is unable to contain a smirk as she watches from a distance, the men as they struggle to decide which way to go. Then when they do pick a direction to follow her scent, they end up circling back to where they began. Nathalia couldn't help but roll her eyes at their patheticness, even with her scent all over the place, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out where the scent is strongest. Even if they are in their human forms. After watching for a while, Nathalia becomes bored and decides to retreat back to her cave.

However, with her guard down, the pack are able to track her more easily and when they see her from afar, they change. Originally, they were going to just capture the wolf but as soon as they spot her something seems to snap inside of them, causing them to attack without thought.

Not expecting the sudden attack, Nathalia gets shoved into a tree, causing her to whimper slightly. Pushing herself up, she scans her eyes around to assess the situation, before clicking into action. Not wanting to actually kill them, she holds back a lot of her strength as she attacks back. As the fight continues though, she realises that they aren't going to back down until she's dead, so she gives up on not killing them. So in the blink of an eye, they drop. Leaving only the alpha. Seeing the snapped necks of his pack members appears to cause the Alpha to snap out of his unmerciful rampage. The look of horror on his face, stirs a pool of guilt within the wolf, but what could the wolf have done? Nathalia knows that there was nothing that she could have done but still is unable to not feel slightly guilty about what she did, from the look on the Alphas face.

"What have you done..."The alpha says so quietly that Nathalia struggled to hear, even with her supernatural hearing. "What have you done!" He screeches at Nathalia, and begins to advance forward but then stops as he realises how quickly she was able to take down the rest of his pack. His breathing becomes ragged as his heart rate increases. Nathalia just watches with a blank face as he leaves her territory. 

She could have killed him, but she thought it would send a more fitting message if she left the Alpha alive. Looking at the bodies surrounding her, she noticed how they all seemed to be young males with the exception of two females, suggesting that the rest of the pack were in their own territory and didn't come to fight. Feeling slightly peckish at the surrounding sight, Nathalia decides to make the most of the situation by turning the surrounding bodies into a filling lunch as it's better than to leave them to waste.

---

Elijah's POV

After receiving a worried text from Hayley, Niklaus and I go down to Rouselles to meet her. The sight we find when we get there confuses me; Hayley is sitting at a table, comforting a blood covered Chris who holds his head in his hands, with his elbows on the table. Niklaus raises an eyebrow at the sight, and I throw him a warning look to not do anything. Seeing my look, a smirk form on his face and I sigh. Here we go...

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Niklaus begins with a smirk.

"Don't even start Klaus" Hayley warns, and I can't help but agree with her as I also shoot Niklaus another warning look. He holds his hands up in surrender but his smirk remains plastered on his face causing me to yet again sigh at his antics. 20 minutes later after we finally got Chris to explain what was wrong, I was literally on the edge of sanity.

"What do you mean she took them all down at once?" Niklaus questions sternly, anger clearly in his eyes. Great, if he's angry then I'm normally the one to clean up after him when he decides to take it out on someone.

"I-I don't know, one minute they were all up and fighting her, then the next they were just on te ground. Dead." Chris states somberly before picking up his glass and drinking the contents of what appeared to be vodka. Niklaus' smirk seems to finally fall when he hears this. Good, at least he's starting to understand the severity of it all. We share a look, both of us knowing that if she can take down twelve wolfs with the blink of an eye, then this doesn't bode well for us.

"What were you thinking? Attacking this wolf, when you knew that she was stronger than you, in your human forms none the less." Niklaus questions him, wanting answers and I give  Chris a look, also wanting answers to Niklaus's question.

"I thought we could take it. 13 of us against one, I thought that we would have a chance. I knew that we couldn't kill her, but I thought that if we could capture her, then I could get answers." Chris replies, clearly exhausted from today, not that I can blame him.

"Answers to what?" I question, slightly confused about why he would risk his pack for answers when he knows that we are already on the task of finding answers. Did he not think we would share the information?

"Carl. Why she would kill an entire pack, they were harmless. They would never have harmed anyone, yet she slaughtered them. What kind of monster does that?" Nodding in understanding to his reply, I'm about to suggest that we go, knowing that we aren't likely to get any more information before Hayley but in.

"Wait, so you knew that this wolf had previously, killed an entire pack yet you thought that 13 of your pack could take it?" Hayley questions, anger laced in her voice. Although she didn't spend as much time in the Bayeux because of Jackson, she still loved the pack and would defend the pack always.

"The-They were unprepared to fight her, but we were. Well, at least I thought we were." Chris tries to justify his actions, but Hayley scoffs before walking out. Obviously not agreeing with him. With that Niklaus and I also, choose to go, leaving a lonesome Chris to drink alone.

Niklaus 

Arriving back at the compound I decide to check on Hope, she's been with Freya most of the day so I haven't had a chance to see her. Opening her door quietly in case she's asleep, I step into the now dark room. I can't help but smile at the sight before me, she's snuggled into her bed, hugging her favourite bear that's not even a bear it's a rabbit but she calls it bear. I walk over to her, before tucking her in a little more and kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight littlest wolf" I whisper before starting to make my way out of the room. I'm stopped by the small voice laced with tiredness.

"Daddy?" Hope says with a yawn, causing me to turn to find her now sat up with her 'bear' hugged to her chest.

"Shh, it's okay, go back to sleep" I quietly say, not wanting to disrupt her sleep. 

"Can you read me a story daddy?" She asks hopefully causing me to sigh with a smile before walking back up to her bed tucking her in and then sitting on the edge. Before beginning to say a story.

"There was once a king who lived in a mighty castle with his daughter the princess. The king loved his daughter and would do anything to protect her, however, the princess was powerful and this attracted many enemies to the castle as they wanted the princess's power for their own. But, the King fought for his princess and was able to defeat all enemies that came near the castle with the help of his gallant brothers and sisters. One day, the king came across a new enemy, but this one was unlike any other. This was a vicious wolf who lived deep in the enchanted forest. The king fought with the wolf, but the wolf bested him time and time again. They knew not that the wolf had a secret power that it used against the king."

"What was the power daddy?" Hope asks leaning forward, excitement swirling in her eyes causing me to chuckle lightly.

"Well, if you go to sleep now and be good, then I might just tell you tomorrow, " I say to her because, in reality, I had no clue about the extent of the wolf's power. Hope whines in response but listens to me and she snuggles into her blanket. 

"Night daddy" She says with a yawn.

"Night Sweetheart" I say before kissing her on her forehead again and walking out of the room. I stop for a second and when I hear her breathing slowing to a steady rate, I smile and make my way to my own room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 1.6K 18
For the Mikaelson's to give up Hope, to protect her from Dahlia was devastating. And to lose her into the world was like shattering their hearts, esp...
2.2K 83 29
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...
28.5K 428 28
This cover was made by HopefullyAliveSoon, Thanks so much! Excerpt: The wind picks up as Athena stands in a meadow, a frown painted her angel like fe...
223K 6.6K 51
After being kidnapped, Isabel Donovan a high school student is forced to endure the supernatural of her world. And it gets worse. Her enemies are a p...