Out Running the Alpha

By JordynnCanelis

Britney's life has always been different moving being shuffled through the foster system with her twin Brando... More

The Beginning
Two truths and One Lie
A Star Wars Rerun
An unfortunate event
A Beast or Prince Charming
Clueless
It's Not the Freaking Bachelorette
The Worst Date Ever
The Man Who Would Be King
Characters
Gone Girl
The Beast of Gevaudan
Et Tu Brutus
Grayson's P.O.V
Everythings Not As It Seems
Que the Tragic Backstory
He's Back and She's Gone
Once Bitten and Twice Shy
Bastien's P.O.V
Just A Girl Standing In Fron Of A Boy
Damn Your Love, Damn Your Lies
The Beginning of the End
Family Matters
Masons P.O.V
Just a Fool
Unflattering Truths
A Gilded Cage
The kindly Ones
Monster Mash
Out Of The Frying Pan
Into the Fire
Wonder Woman Wanna Be
Battle Cry
Unavoidable Loss

This is How a Heart Breaks

1.1K 70 9
By JordynnCanelis

"I can't believe it's your first day of school," Pierre said happily from where he was making french toast. Pierre had gone into what I liked to refer to as full dad mode since I had been back. He'd even wanted to go back to school shopping with Olivia, Ada and I, but had been talked out of it with the promise of a picture before the first day of school. I'd let Olivia talk me into wearing a cute red tartan mini skirt with a plain black top, leather jacket and simple black heels. I felt a little ridiculous, but Olivia had assured me I would fit right in.

Greyson walked in smiling widely "Are you excited for your first day of school?".

"No, and it's not fair that I can't have you with me" I pouted.

"I already finished high school. Besides, you'll be fine" Grayson laughed at me. He was starting his third year at the University of Virginia while I was stuck finishing up my senior year of high school. I'd later found out that the age gap between us was the main reason he hadn't consummated the bond with me despite how close we had come several times. He was determined to wait until I was eighteen and it was driving both of us a little crazy. I wondered how the separation we would face in a couple of weeks when Grayson went back to school would affect our bond. He was only going to be an hour away and we would see each other on weekends, but since he'd marked me we hadn't spent more than a couple hours apart.

"Ok before you kids go let me get a picture," My dad said hastily pulling out his phone. I rolled my eyes but smiled for the picture. Once my dad was satisfied with one of the ten pictures he had taken Grayson grabbed my backpack from the table and we left for school.

By the time we got there Ava, Olivia, Beau, and a couple of others who I recognized but couldn't put names too. I kissed Grayson goodbye and they all hooted and laughed. Several other students walking in looked at us quizzically. I blushed ducking my head as I joined the group.

"You two are way too cute" Olivia laughed putting an arm around me "But you need to tell Greyson to stop keeping you all to himself or I'm going to have to whoop his ass".

"Don't worry Liv he's going back to school next week so I'll be all yours" I laughed and she kissed me on the cheek with an exaggerated muah sound.

As we walked into the school Liv reintroduced me to Louis Ava's mate, Gabrielle her cousin, and Beau and Adrian who were going to be Greyson's Beta and Delta when the time came for him to take over the pack. I couldn't help, but notice the number of strange looks we were getting.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" I whispered to Olivia nervously.

"Oh don't worry about them" She laughed "They're just humans. They can tell we're different, but they can't exactly figure out why. Plus we don't exactly take in newcomers normally" she explained. I nodded realizing that this might have been why it had been so hard for Bran and me to fit in anywhere.

Besides the humans that seemed to keep a distance from us school seemed pretty normal. I'd been the new kid enough to know the drill and everything was going smoothly. I realized how school seemed a lot more fun when I actually had friends to enjoy it with. Sure Bran was had been great, but he was still my brother and we could really get on each other's nerves. I scolded myself for thinking about Brandon since I had promised myself that I wouldn't today. I knew he still wanted to kill me and if I thought about it for too long then I would start crying and I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

I looked around at our group noticing that Danielle wasn't anywhere with us. Sure the girl had acted like a royal bitch the last time I had seen her, but that felt like a lifetime ago now and I wouldn't ostracize her. "Hey, Olivia where's Danielle?" I asked softly not wanting to interrupt the stream of conversation flowing around us.

Liv frowned "She's at home I think. She decided to do the whole homeschooling thing to finish out her senior year. Or at least until she gets bored with that and realizes no one cares and then she'll come back".

"Come on Liv we should go talk to her," I said tugging on her hand.

She rolled her eyes "Fine I'll take you to see her if that's what you really want, but I'm not getting out of this car cause I'm still pissed at her. I mean you saw how fast she turned on me once she realized that I wasn't the top girl anymore and she used to be my best friend".

"I know she acted like a royal bitch, but she was once your friend and I know how much it sucks to feel alone," I said getting into Livs cute yellow Volkswagen bug.

She drove quickly to Danielle's house so that we would be back before lunch ended. The closer we got though the hotter the mark on my neck seemed to burn. I told Liv to drive faster. Something was terribly wrong with Greyson and I knew I had to help him.

"Liv go to Greyson's' I said my voice raspy with pain "Somethings wrong and I need to help him".

"Yeah sure," Liv said with a worried look on her face. She pulled up to Grayson's house and I jumped out of the car before it had even stopped moving. The pain in my park had moved to my chest and it literally felt like my heart was breaking.

The front door was unlocked and I called out for Greyson, but my voice was barely louder than a whisper now. The pain was so great I felt like it was consuming me. I struggled up the stairs desperately afraid. What could be happening to Greyson to make me feel this way? In my mind, I could picture his dead body sprawled across the bed and I had to fight back a sob. I didn't want to believe it, but Greyson being dead was the only way I could feel pain like this. I felt like my heart and soul were being ripped apart. I tried to call out for him again, but this time I couldn't make anything come out of my mouth instead of choking on a sob that I desperately tried to hold back.

I felt strong arms pick me up and Liv looked down at me concerned "Brit what's going on?".

"Greyson" I whispered to her unable to describe the unimaginable pain I was feeling, "I think he's dead".

"Then we need to get you out of here Brit. Greyson would want you to stay safe" She said gently, but her bright eyes flitted around the house looking for any sign of trouble.

"No," I said firmly "If there is anything I can do to help him I have to do it". I stepped forward still clutching my chest, but my resolve had hardened. I heard a gasping sound coming from his bedroom and I ran towards it ignoring the excruciating pain in my chest. Hope swelled inside me as I prayed that Greyson was still alive in there.

I opened the door ready for anything but finding something completely unexpected instead. Greyson was lying on the bed naked with his eyes glazed over and Danielle on top of him moaning in pleasure.

"Greyson?" I asked confused. He didn't even look at me. "Greyson" I shouted furiously.

Danielle looked at me smugly as Greyson blinked looking at me confused. Liv ran in behind me surveying the scene. "You vicious cow" she spat at Danielle who still hadn't made a move to get off Greyson.

Greyson finally hastily pushed her off and scrambled towards me with a pleading look in his eye "Brittney please" he started to say, but Liv cut him off.

"Don't you dare speak to her!" She spat protectively pulling me behind her so she was in between the two of us. "How could you do that to her Greyson. You knew that this would break your bond and you wasted it with that social climbing pig" She shook her head in disgust.

Olivia gently pushed me towards the door which was probably a good thing since I didn't think I would have been able to move on my own. The pain was too great.

"Brittney please," Greyson said to me pleadingly "It was a mistake, an accident".

"Yeah, you just accidentally had sex with another girl" Liv quipped as we left.

When we reached Livs car she said gently to me "Come on I'll walk you home ok?". I didn't say anything which she took for a yes and we walked into my house right next door. She took me upstairs to my bedroom and closed the blinds of the window that looked directly into Grayson's room so I wouldn't have to see it or him.

Crawling into bed I tried to make sense of everything, but thinking hurt too much and Instead, I willed myself into a dreamless sleep.

Mason's P.O.V

I watched the scene unfolding in the Wolff Springs gated community unfolding. It was what I had needed to happen, but it still made me sad to see Brittney hurt like that. I reminded myself that the charm I had given to Danielle so she could seduce Greyson wouldn't have worked if Greyson hadn't wanted to sleep with Danielle. I was just helping this tragedy along. It was time now for me to make my move. All I had to do was wait for Brittney to be alone and then she was mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Hey Guys I hope you liked it! I'm sorry I haven't been updating as much as I normally do, but that's going to change. I will be updating regularly on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Thank you guys so much for all of your love and support. As always please comment with thought opinions and vote :) Shoutouts to @dragongirl149, @megs_27, and @Rabbit_x_Melody. Remember for your chance at a shout out comment and vote! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119 13 42
Two sworn enemies from different kinds of magical species one vampire and one werewolf who could not stand each other including wanting to rip off th...
45.2K 1.8K 33
🥉🥉Third Place in 'New Adult' Platinum Award 2020🥉🥉 Book 1 in The Gangleader's Obsession duology. Blurb: Shania Jakes has been through a life of...
150K 4.9K 18
CC at 18 years old has been with her boyfriend Jake for two years. But like every relationship they have their own problems.Big ones really but CC al...
29.9K 1.1K 66
|| Highest Ranking = 68 in vampire|| 15k reads-24/03/2018|| ||26k reads- 10/12/2018 Bk1- Forced To Be With Him Julia Tanner was the youngest of two...