What Was Once

By RobinHood37

*Thirteen years after From Enemies To Lovers With Just One Kiss [Ironfrost]* Sixteen year old Michael and Col... More

Chapter 1- Michael
Chapter 2- Colleen
Chapter 3- Michael
Chapter 4- Colleen
Chapter 5- Michael
Chapter 6- Colleen
Chapter 7- Michael
Chapter 8- Colleen
Chapter 9- Michael
Chapter 10- Colleen
Chapter 11- Michael
Chapter 12- Colleen
Chapter 13- Michael
Chapter 14- Colleen
Chapter 15- Michael
Chapter 16- Colleen
Chapter 17- Michael
Chapter 19- Michael
Epilogue- Colleen

Chapter 18- Colleen

526 28 4
By RobinHood37

"You would think that they've never been on a date before." Clint pointed out, motioning to our parents who were running around the house, getting ready to go on their date tonight. He had come over to babysit us even though Michael and I were very capable of watching our younger sisters but mom let him stay saying that it could be a bonding moment. Michael and I just rolled our eyes and went back to what we were doing.

"Well, the last time they went on a date was before Robin was born." I remarked, earning everyone's attention. "It's very hard to get out of the house when you have four young kids you need to take care of." Johnny laughed; I had invited him over before Clint had arrived.

"The two of you were what? Five?" He asked. We nodded. "How do you remember this stuff?"

"We've got a pretty good memory." Michael answered. Didn't mom the announce we were getting another sibling a few weeks after? I bit my lip to keep from laughing.

Yeah. Funny how the timeline works out. I remarked. Michael looked over at me before we both started laughing. Johnny and Clint raised an eyebrow in confusion. Robin rolled her eyes.

"They're telepaths." She stated. Johnny's mouth slowly formed an 'o'. I nodded. "That's why they always win the 'what am I thinking game?'" She continued. "Pair them together and they're unstoppable. They literally can read the other's mind." I laughed and rolled my eyes as I ruffled her hair.

"You're only upset because you weren't a twin yourself." I remarked. She shrugged and turned back to her phone.

"So all the times you seemed to stare off into space and make weird facial expressions was really just you talking to Michael?!" Johnny asked, looking like a golden retriever as his excitement grew. I laughed and nodded. "Whoa. That's so cool." I nodded again before kissing his nose. He scrunched it up. "Wait. So what did MAVS and COS stand for?" Michael and I shared a smirk.

"Michael Anthony Vincent Stark-" I explained, pointing to my twin brother.

He pointed at me. "-Colleen Olivia Stark-" He continued.

"MAVS and COS." We concluded. Jessie and Robin rolled their eyes. Clint glanced between the two of us.

"You two are ridiculous." He remarked. I shrugged before nodded. "But props for the. . . whatever that was." We all laughed. Mom walked over to us, fixing the cuff of his tux. Michael wolf-whistled and Jessie catcalled.

"Lookin' good, mom." Robin remarked. Mom looked between the three of them before looking to me, an eyebrow raised. I shrugged. He rolled his eyes and smiled, ruffling Michael's hair. Michael scrunched his nose, smoothing it down.

"You have our cell phone numbers?" Mom asked. We nodded. "And you know where to find us in case of an emergency?" We nodded again. "And what to do if-"

"Mom, Michael, Johnny, and I are sixteen; we're more than capable of taking care of ourselves." I told him. "Plus we have Clint to watch over us. We'll be fine." Mom raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded, standing up and pushing him over to the door where dad was waiting. "Colleen, what are you-" I held a finger to my lips, cutting him off. Mom rolled his eyes, walking over to dad and linking arms.

"Okay, love birds." I started, earning their attention. "Mister Stark, I expect him home safely by no later than. . ." I drifted off in thought, tapping my finger against my chin. "Let's say a quarter after eleven. Anything after that and, well, just don't test your luck." Dad laughed, bobbing his head up and down in acknowledgement. "Have fun you two." Saying their goodbyes, they walked out the door.

"They know they can trust me, right?" Clint asked. Michael looked to me before we both sighed. I sat back down next to Johnny, throwing my legs over his lap. He just rolled his eyes.

"Of course they do." Michael ensured. "But can you really blame them for not trusting you completely?" He continued. Clint sighed, hanging his. "The last time they did. . ."

"Can you guys stop bringing that up?" He whispered. "I'm really sorry about walking out on you four." I bit my lip.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Jessie started. The three of us looked to her. "You two knew Hawkeye?!" Jessie practically screamed. I tossed it around in my head for a while.

"I wouldn't say knew him." I declared. "It's a long story that I think all of us just want to put behind us." She nodded as she grabbed the t.v remote. Jessie was about to turn it on when the door slammed open and footsteps were heard coming into the house. We all turned to face the intruder; it was a young woman with light brown hair with hazel eyes. My eyes widened as I swung my legs down onto the floor and stood up. Michael, Johnny, and Clint soon followed. Maximoff locked eyes with me and smirked. Two daggers appeared in my hands via magic. "Robin, Jessica, get behind me." I whispered. They carefully got up and stayed behind the three of us. "Alright, now try to get to the garage. We'll keep you safe." I promised.

"But Colleen-" Jessica started. I shook my head discretely.

"No, Jessica. Do as I say." I cut her off. "We'll be right behind you." She nodded before grabbing Robin's arm and starting for the garage. "Johnny, we might need you to flame on." He nodded before doing what I needed him to do. Michael called the hammer to his hand and swung it around a few times, getting used to the new weight in his hand. I threw my hand up slightly and a bow and quiver appeared slung across his back. He nodded in thanks. Wanda took a step forward, my hands shooting up and preparing to throw the daggers at her. Her smirk widened.

"I see the oldest daughter of Stark survived the car crash." She declared. I scowled as Michael got ready to throw the hammer and Clint prepared an arrow. "Do anything and I'll bring this house down with me." I glanced to Michael who gave a small, stiff nod.

"We'll take our chances." I declared, throwing one of the daggers square at her forehead. She chuckled and stopped it with her powers. Clint shot an arrow; it landing a few inches away from her. Maximoff looked to it before raising an eyebrow.

"The famous Hawkeye never misses." She stated. Clint nodded. "But you just did." He shook his head with a smile.

"Is it really classified as missing if that was my target all along?" He asked right before the arrow detonated, sending her flying. I smirked, jumping over the couch to get closer to her. Johnny flew up, his hands at the ready to shot fireballs at her. Maximoff stood up shakily but smirking. Dark red tendrils slithered across the floor before wrapping around Michael. My eyes widened slightly as they started tightening. Michael started squirming around, trying to get out of her grasp.

"I lost my twin brother once because of Stark." She stated. "Now I'll let him know what that feels like." Michael stopped wriggling around as his skin paled drastically; there was a tendril wrapped around his throat that was choking him. Everything around me slowed when they let go of him, his seemingly lifeless body hitting the floor.

"NO!" I screamed, letting out a burst of power around me that knocked her off her feet. Johnny show a few fireballs at her just to keep her down as I ran over to my brother on the floor. Tears blurred my vision as I stroked his cheek.

"We have to get him to a hospital." Clint told me even though the world around me sounded muffled. "Johnny and I can hold her off." I nodded, standing up shakily and grabbing Michael before running us to the garage. Frantically, I looked around the garage for something quick to get us to mom and dad. I was too panicked to think logically so I kept coming up short. Jessica and Robin kept asking about what happened but I paid them no attention.

"Mistress Stark, your father made a suits for you the four of you if you chose to use yours." JARVIS informed me. I looked up to the ceiling as if expecting to see him.

"Where are they?" I asked shakily. Some hidden door opened and standing there, in the hidden display case, were four suits, each ranging size. Two were red and gold and the others were green and black. The green and black one looked more feminine so I walked over to that one and got inside, immediately grabbing Michael again. I looked to Jessica and Robin. "It should be safe up there. Johnny and Clint are upstairs. Be safe." They nodded before heading back up. I took off and flew over to the restaurant mom and dad were at.

As I descended, I started to take the suit off. When I was fully back on the ground, the suit wrapped around my wrist like a bracelet; it must have been some new technology dad discovered. If the circumstances weren't so drastic, I would taken the bracelet a part right there and tried to figure out how he did it but instead, I just dashed into the restaurant.

"Hello Miss Stark. What brings you here?" One of the nice waiters asked when they saw that I ran inside, oblivious to the fact that Michael was unconscious and probably dead in my arms. I forced a smile before darting to where I knew my parents were.

"Mom!" I stated once I made it over to them. "Dad!" They turned to face me, slightly confused as to why I was here.

"Colleen?" Mom asked. "What's wrong? How did you get here?"

"It doesn't matter right now!" I shouted. "Michael's hurt, we need to get him to the hospital! I can explain on the way there."

Mom and dad shared a look before dad was leaving a fifty on the table and mom was ushering me out of the restaurant into the car. I laid Michael on the backseat, sitting at his feet. Dad started the car and rushed to the hospital. The world seemed to return to its normal speed as we made it to the hospital and Michael was ushered into a room. I slumped down in a chair and let out a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry for cutting your date short." I whispered, barely audible. Everything felt numb. I know Michael and I never got along much but he's still my twin brother and I still love him; I don't want to lose him. Did he feel like this when I was in the hospital? Was he a wreck like me? Mom and dad sat down next to me. "Maximoff came and. . ." I started but couldn't form the words. Mom held my hand, brushing his thumb over the back of it. "And she wanted to repay the favor you graciously gave her." I told dad. He raised an eyebrow before it seemed to set in. "She wanted to kill Michael to teach you a lesson and it's all my fault." I sobbed. "She warned us- she warned us not to step closer but I didn't listen and Michael's probably dead because of me!" I turned and cried into mom's shoulder. He cradled my head and kept me close, stroking my hair.

"Did you get a hold of Clint or the house?" Mom asked.

"Clint answered, said Jessica and Robin were fine but Wanda had gotten away. Johnny flew after Colleen barely a minute after." Dad replied. I looked up, wiping the tears out of my eyes.

"Johnny followed me?" I whispered. Dad opened his mouth to answer but was cut off.

"Of course I did, angel." It was Johnny; I didn't even have to turn to see who it was. I smiled faintly as he came over to us.

"You are such an ass." I told him, standing up and walking over to him. He laughed and nodded. Wrapping my arms around him, I started crying again into his shoulder. He held me tighter and stroked my hair.

"I've got you, angel. Everything is going to be okay." He soothed. The doctor stepped out of the room a moment later, wringing his hands.

"Your son's awake if you wish to seem him." He alerted us. I glanced to Johnny before speed-walking into Michael's room. He was sitting up in the bed, flipping through channels on the television. I shook my head slightly as I leaned against the door frame. "I'd be careful around the ribs." The doctor informed me. I nodded before walking into the room.

"Michael Anthony Vincent Stark." I whispered, earning his attention as I sat down on his bed. He raised an eyebrow. "I thought you had died." I admitted. "I thought I had gotten you killed." Reaching for his pillow, I made it look like I was going to fluff it for him but I really just grabbed it and started swatting him with it. "I- thought- I- had- gotten- you- killed!" I repeated, whacking him with the pillow after every word. "You are an asshole!" Michael just laughed, grabbing the pillow from me and putting it back where it belonged.

"I love you too." He sarcastically replied. We slipped into somewhat of an awkward silence. "We were close once." He tentatively stated. I nodded. "What ever happened?" I shrugged, biting my lip.

"You became an insufferable slacker that got everything he wanted handed to him." I whispered. He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well you became Mommy's Perfect Princess." He remarked. I opened my mouth to protest but came up short. He nodded. "The only thing I get 'handed to me' is the company which is because I'm the oldest and the only son." I nodded.

"Which is why I became 'Mommy's Perfect Princess'." I defended. "I needed to make a name for myself so everything needs to be perfect." I continued. He furrowed his brow. "You get the company and the legacy along with it. After you get it, my last name means nothing." He remained silent. "Which is why I don't use my real name on social media. No one's going to care that I'm a Stark once you take over or once I get married so why bother?" I didn't realize I was picking at the palm of my hand until Michael clamped his hand over mine.

"I'd care." He stated. I looked up at him. "You'd still be my twin sister." I halfheartedly smiled. "Can we stop our constant bickering and become close once more?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'd like that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 103 16
When Loki, is turned in to a child by odin. thor, asks if tony, would take care of Loki. Tony, adopts loki, and starts to Love Loki as a son. will L...
149K 2.8K 35
Imagine x female reader (Y/n) I wrote this when I was like 14 I'm sorry if it's confusing don't expect Brontë ------------------------- A very boring...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
56.3K 1.5K 40
Mistreated from a young age and sent away in her teens by her parents, she all but disappeared off the face of the Earth. Years of abuse from her new...