The Lethal Princess (Complete...

By tlwsweety2

Avril Bright always felt like she was different, but never in her wildest dreams would she imagine that she w... More

Prologue
Waking Up in The Morning Feeling Like SpongeBob ( Pic of Avril)
Stranger Danger (Picture of Ike)
What Would You Do? ( Picture of Ingel)
Welcome to the Universe
The Arrival (Picture of Mist)
Meeting My Worst Nightmares (Picture of Belladonna)
Bumper Racing (Picture of Nydale)
Answers (picture of Harmony)
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
The Beach
The Eastern Daily ( Picture of Zotar)
Diner Disaster (Picture of Aeon)
Crush?
School? More like Hell
Trouble is a Friend (Picture of Zane)
The Beginning of Awakening (Pic of Kaiya)
The Battle Field
My Hero
Anger Attack???
Dream Land
Moments
Clear Hills
Confusion and Thinking
Down
The Great Pursuit
Girl Fight
Untouchable
Mist's Story
Unwelcome Arrival
Pranking and Water
Swimming Lessons
This Means War . . .Bitch!
The Golden Ball Part 1.
The Golden Ball Part 2
The Golden Princess
Moving
Dreaming With A Broken Heart
Emotional Rollercoaster
Slow Dancing in a Burning Room.
I Love You So <3
Better In Time
Nobody Knows But Me
The Final Showdown
Jailbird
The Awakening
I'll Be
The Meeting
There was Nothing but Sad Goodbyes
This is Still Not My Home
Cheers and Drunk Banters
The Awakening Ball
The Truth
I am the Golden Princess
Eyes Open
The Thing
Slowly Falling
Love?
To the Stars We'll Go
Coming Clean
The Game Plan
Game Set
We Finally Meet
An Eye For an Eye
The Hour After
Wasn't Expecting This
Haunted By His Empty Promises and Memories
The Aftermath
The Trouble With Love Is....
21 Guns
Power of Love
Common Ground
This is Home - Final Chapter.
Epilogue
Sneak Peak
Tying all the Loose Ends (UPDATED 1/14)

Sacred Places

37.4K 2.8K 59
By tlwsweety2

I was beyond annoyed as I approached the classroom door. I had spent probably thirty minutes looking for this classroom. It was third period now, I had missed second and when the bell had rung for third period to start it was complete mayhem.

Students poured out of the classroom doors like the fire bell had rung or something. I was pushed and shoved as students made their ways through the hallways in an unstoppable sea of people. Eventually, I starting elbowing and shoving too!

The school seemed to be even bigger inside then it was on the outside. Elevators at lightning speeds took people to the upper floors while bridges were the only thing that acted as roofs for you between the different floor levels. The hallways were huge and were lined with art work, pictures, awards, and posters, but it didn't matter how big the hallways were because we were still packed like sardines as we moved through it. If you looked up, beyond the bridge walkways, at the very top of the school, the ceiling which was painted an illuminate blue, had a grand chandelier that had orbs of the four different elements hung on it's different arms. The sight of the elements whirling around in the orbs in a continuous flotation was captivating and breathtaking.

But moving on, the beauty of the school does not reflect on the students because people are completely rude in this school. I had tried to ask a few passing students where my next class was but they had completely ignored me, when I knew fully well they could hear me. Eventually, I had got tired of the ignoring game and stopped a kid, by yanking on his uniform shirt. He rewarded me with the wrong directions that led me to a dead end. Freaking bastard!

He better hope I don't recognize him in these hallways because if I do...

You don't even want to know what I'll do to that boy!

Opening the classroom door, I sighed loudly when it opened fully.

You want to know what I hate? I hate it when after the bell you walk into a classroom and everyone looks at you like you've killed their cat or something. They then proceeded to stare at you, unblinking, until you sit down and act like you don't even notice their stares. Yeah, I do it too, but when someone does it to you, it's just plain irritating.

Sluggishly with my feet heavy against the ground, I trudged into the class, the students and the teacher continuing to stare me down at their desks. I finally reached the teacher and awkwardly I stood there as he just stared at me unmoving.

What. the. hell?

Finally getting tired of it, I was the first to speak. "Hey." I smiled fakely. "How about instead of staring me down like a creeper, you say something and show me to my seat." He continued to stare and I gritted my teeth. Fine he wants to have a stare down, let's having a stare down then old man.

As I glared at him, I noticed he was balding. And by the sprinkles of black hair on his head, he was losing the hair fast. He also had a bit of a belly which he hid well with a black jacket but with him sitting down, his belly was more precise and out there. Instead of having smiles lines like a person should have when they are in their late forties or early fifties, he had frown lines. To me he resembled a badger.

The class erupted into laughter while I soon realized they had been reading my mind. In an instant my attention was on the classroom of students. "Hey instead of reading my mind." I snapped. My mood swings were gone but thanks to the rudeness of these academy people, I was annoyed and furious. "You guys do your damn work like you're suppose to., I snapped, taking my pent up anger on the class now. The class' laughter immediately stopped as they just looked at me shocked that the new kid had just shouted at all of them.

"Avril!" The teacher roared, standing up. I turned around to him, raising my eyebrows. Now he wanted to talk...don't get mad at me because you weren't doing your job and I had to talk some sense into these kids.

The teacher's eyes widened and the class erupted into murmurs. Again with the mind reading. "Stay the hell out of my head." I mentally yelled and the murmurs stopped.

"Scan your hand." The teacher instructed and I looked at him confused.

"Do what?"

Sighing, pinching his nose, he pointed beside me. "Your hand, scan it!"

Following his finger, I looked beside me. There was a black slick stand that looked like something you would put a vase on or a picture but instead of a flat surface, the surface sloped making the top surface ramp. "Put my hand on it?" I questioned and he nodded, sighing heavily. People snickered from behind me but I brushed it off, I've been laughed at before, it really doesn't bother me anymore. In fact, it makes me think I'm doing something right. People find me funny therefore I'm even more awesome than I was before.

Putting my hand on it, the surface lit up to a red and I watched as a small thin white line went from my palm to my fingertips and back down, before it made a small beep and turned green before turning to it's original black. Slowly I removed it and the teacher went to his computer. "It says you went to the nurse and got out while period two was in session. Why are you late?" And this is when the teacher wants to make you feel stupid.

Shrugging, I answered him truthfully. "I tried to be self independent by not using my watch navigator and I got lost. I asked a few people for help, they were rude and one led me to a dead end." My eyes slitted angrily as I tried to remember every feature of that boy's face but I couldn't. Damn it, I really wanted to teach that boy a lesson and I couldn't even remember his face. Continuing on, "and I finally used my navigator and made it here."

He studied me as if I was lying. Dumb ass, he can just read my mind like he and everyone else has been doing because I haven't found that damn library with all the spells and tricks in it so I can't block out my mind. I also have no reason to lie.

From his facial expression I could tell I was infuriating him, but truthfully I didn't care. These people in this school have made me extremely irritated and angry therefore I will make him angry. It's like an ongoing cycle of anger, no one wins.

He gritted his teeth. "Take a seat where ever a seat is available, but don't you dare try to embarrass me in my classroom again. Understood"?

Turning around I brushed him off, "yeah, yeah embarrassment mmmhmm", motioning with my hand aloofly.

Quickly flicking my eyes around the class I noticed Ike in the back, his desk was surrounded by girls who kept shooting dreamy looks his way. Either he didn't see it or he was ignoring them, my eyes narrowed at him anyways though. He was probably bathing in their freaking sultry stares. Douche. His eyes went from one of the girls to me and I quickly turned my attention away.

I walked to the only empty seat which was sadly in the front. Sitting my stuff down, I moodily sat down at the desk and propped my face on my hand. Mr. Rude's eyes glared at me disdainfully and I stared back, not breaking eye contact.

Yeah he doesn't like it when he's the one being stared down does he?

"You're lucky you're new." He chuckled cryptically, placing his hands behind his back. "Can anyone tell me why she's lucky she's new class?"

And like trained monkeys they all chorused. "Because with that type of behavior she would be sent out."

He nodded with a slight smile, clearly he loved the fact that he trained the kids so well. "That's right", his sharp eyes landed on me. "Tomorrow you're not new in my book, therefore I won't hesitate to make sure you learn who's in charge."

"Yes sir." I replied, showing him with my tone that he was boring me.

Huffing curtly, he turned back to the board. "Okay." He finally said as the snickering of the students died down. "Can someone please review what we had been talking about before our session was rudely interrupted." He shot me a pointed look, but I ignored it.

"Yes Lorei." He spoke to someone behind me.

"Umm sacred places or something..." The girl trailed, hoping Mr. Rude would come to the rescue and finish off what she had been saying.

"Oh right. As I was saying. Each nation has their own sacred place. There are smaller sacred places like community ones and then there's the main sacred place which is located in the heart which is here. We call this sacred place the Four Heavens of Selene." His voice thundered in the room as he walked around. Teachers always seemed to want to move around the class for some reason.

"The Four Heavens of Selene is where the most purest of the nations' elements are held. Legend has it that if one of these were ever to be tainted by even a tinge, mother nature would go haywire because those four elements are what in fact keeps our planet on it's equilibrium."

I leaned closer. Even though I didn't like this guy, I could already feel this new information interesting me and drawing me in.

"Everyone in Terra has a power. Rather it's the lucky ones who gain two elemental powers or the many who only gain one ability to control an element. So it's only essential that we all go and gives thanks to nature for giving us these abilities. However, we also worship our other nature mother, the moon, Selene. She gives us our other non-elemental abilities like Xaine who can breathe under water or Alaire who can shift into any living organism she wants." He told, pointing to two students in the class.

His face then grew very serious and cold. You could probably hear a nail drop with the silence that hung heavily in the air. "But can anyone tell us when our sacred place was attacked for the second and most disastrous time?"

The guy next to me shot his hand up and the teacher nodded to him. "Yes Ashleton."

"About 18 years ago", and my ears perked up. This is what Mist had told me very little of the day I learned my parents could maybe be alive. My hands felt suddenly clammy as I fixed my stare on the teacher. I needed this information and it was getting handed to me so simply, I wouldn't miss a thing.

Luck must be on my side today.

He opened his mouth to talk but a sudden low hum noise filled the air and everyone began to get up and pack their stuff. My mouth dropped in shock. No! This couldn't be it.

The bell had rung ending his lecture.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was still in fact living in hell.

VOTE = Awesome

Feeback and comments = Ah-mazing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384K 16.1K 122
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
38.4K 1.8K 24
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
1M 56.3K 38
Magic is supposed to be easy; there's Black, White, and Green Magic, and once a Witch picks a path, that's really all she has to worry about. But for...
2.3M 116K 45
⭐️Silver Medal winner in the 2016 Readers' Favorite Book Award, Silver award winner in IBPA's 2016 Benjamin Franklin Awards, Semifinalist Winner in t...