Eternal Courage 2

By Theodore21

True Courage is Eternal. Welcome Back to the World of Bio-dueling. A Sport known the world over for his amazi... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1: The First Challenge
Chapter 2: A Desperate Mission
Chapter 3: Cold Alliance And Rivalry
Chapter 4: A Feeling Of Danger (M)
Chapter 5: Vivid Signs
Chapter 6 Lingering Darkness
Chapter 7: Lingering Darkness - Unleashed! (M)
Chapter 8: Friendly Support
Chapter 9: A Sight of True Darkness (M)
Chapter 10: Maiden's Awakening
Chapter 11: The Dark Plan...Begins
Chapter 12: Unknown Dark Plans
Chapter 13: Kindred Spirit
Chapter 14: A Fun Day Out
Chapter 15: Deep Fears
Chapter 16: An Uphill Challenge
Chapter 17: The Darkness Strengthens (M)
Chapter 18: Remembering What's There
Chapter 19: An Unusual Answer
Chapter 20: Guiding Words
Chapter 21: Gentle...like the Snow
Chapter 22 - Sibling Reunion
Chapter 23: White Emergence - The Second (M)
Chapter 24: Deep Wounds of The Past
Chapter 25: The Mark of a bond
Chapter 26: Dark Traumas
Chapter 27: Bottomless Darkness
Chapter 28: High Price...but no Return
Chapter 29: Lost...But Not Alone (M)
Chapter 30: The Origin of One's Pain
Chapter 31: A Sign of Recovery
Chapter 32: Moving Forward
Chapter 33: Feelings of the Heart??
Chapter 34: True Feelings From The Heart (M)
Chapter 35: Darkness is Upon Us
Chapter 36: The Dawning Of the Truth
Chapter 37: Truth and A Mission (M)
Chapter 38: The Power of Perfection
Chapter 39: A Reason To Fight (M)
Chapter 40: A Battle Of Superiority (M)
Chapter 42: Mythical Supreme Power
Chapter 43: Evil Takes on Another Face
Chapter 44: The Restart of One's Life
Chapter 45: Evil's True Face (M)
Chapter 46: A Power, Forged from Many (M)
Chapter 47: Power of Synergy
Chapter 48: Towards a Brighter Future
Epilogue
Preview: The Grand Celestia

Chapter 41: The Reunion...of Tears and Joy (M)

5.7K 171 37
By Theodore21

(Music is on this chapter. Simply begin at START and stop at END)

The fight between Jay and Saku was over. Ending in Saku's victory. In an epic last attack, Saku had beaten Jay who now laid still on the ground. Saku's aura-overdrive state had worn off also, meeting his body returned to its battered and bruised state. Saku began falling, his body feeling like a lead weight, through the air. Which gave Xene the opportunity he needed.

Saku saw Xene coming towards him, producing a dark purple aura knife in his hand.  Saku was helpless, his body not responding, while Xene guffawed loudly as he approached "yes...yes you die today! My reign is now secured...and I will become emperor of this world too!" then just as Xene reached him

"think again!" Mochi, wearing her bio-armour and wings, flew towards Saku, grabbed him and moved him out of the way of Xene's attack.

Mochi couldn't hold Saku for long so quickly brought him down to the ground to Sora where she caught him and supported him. Xene looked frustrated "no...No" his hand glowed black "I came too far to stop now" but then thick green vines completely enclosed around him, trapping him in a somewhat tight sphere "What...what the?" Xene quickly looked through a gap to see Anastasia with her baton, guiding the vines around him.

Before Xene knew, he was enclosed in the sphere "this won't be hold me! I'll break through. Just you wait...nothing will stop me" Anastasia put her baton down and turned to Anaeus

"Anaeus, if you may...turn up the heat" said Anastasia

"well you did say your vines were fire-proof" said Anaeus igniting his hands "let's see if you're right" Anaeus shot a blaze of flames at the vines. The vines looked to be carrying the flames all along it. So not quite burning, just charring. So although Xene punched a hole, he had searing flames to contend with.

As Anastasia and Anaeus kept Xene busy, Mochi, Ayoko and Sora checked on Saku. Sora supported him up "Saku...are you okay?"

"I've been...better" said Saku looking very tired "just, give me a bed and I'll sleep it off" Saku feebly laughed making Sora smile

"you rest now Saku" said Ayoko "me and Mochi will finish this. We've thought of a combination move we can use"

"Watch carefully" said Mochi looking excitedly "we know you'll like it. Alright Ayoko, I'll go first"

Ayoko went down to all fours while Mochi spread her wings and hovered high in the air. Mochi slightly crossed her arms, to which pinkish plasma like energy sphere formed in-front of her. As she uncrossed her arms, the sphere grew in size...and strength.

 Ayoko then jumped spinning in a curled ball. Mochi hovered down so Ayoko could unfurl her legs across Mochi's attack with a red X. Then together they shouted "Heaven's Xtreme Cannon!" the sphere blasted off towards the plant dome were Xene was enclosed. The red X had 'folded' around the sphere spinning in two diagonals rings around it.

Mochi caught Ayoko, by her hands, and watched as the energy attack approached Xene. Xene was still trying to free himself "Dam...dam, let me out...let me out!" suddenly the flames died and the vines, and his floor, vanished "huh...what!?" just as he was about to fall, Ayoko's and Mochi's had reached him "what!? No...Nooooooo!" with that...it exploded on impact.

Xene was sent flying like a meteor, smashing into the ground with great impact. Xene was digging himself out of his crater, looking badly shaken...and very furious "no...No I've come so close...so bloody dam close!" Xene stood up, badly, and saw everyone protecting Saku "I'm not giving up. Minion's...Minion's come to me at once!" Xene released the purple barrier holding the front-door and an army of peons came marching in. Xene ego rose back up as the Peon's drew their sword...only to disappear.

Strangely all the peons', one-by-one, just simply vanished from existence from existence "What...No, No!" Xene looked helpless as all the peon's just vanished from view "no...Not now no"

"Your time...is up Xene" said Saku a little angrily "you're all on your own now" Xene just looked ready to explode before then cringing, and falling down

"I won't go out like this" Xene took out a small metal sphere "Mark my words!" then as he threw it to the ground, he was engulfed in a cloud of black smoke. Ayoko quickly reacted

"you won't get away" she shot a beam at Xene which narrowly missed his head. Saku just managed to see the beam blow the cowl of Xene's head

"so...it's just as I thought" said Saku quietly "it looks I was right...afterall" then as the smoke cleared Xene was no more.

Saku called upon the face he had seen "so...that's you were so desperate Xene. But you...did this upon yourself, so I have no sympathy"

"Saku...what did you say?" asked Sora

"oh nothing..." Saku cringed and looked wiped out

"easy, easy" said Anastasia firmly "you need to rest now Saku. You're still in bad shape, and need time to rest" Saku looked ready to nod off

"come on, let's take him to bed" said Anaeus "and let me get some rest properly"

"Mochi, Ayoko..." said Sora "help me lift him onto my back"

"will you be okay with him?" asked Ayoko

"I think after everything he's done. Carrying him to his room...is the least I can do"

After some difficulty, Saku was upon Sora's back. Sora could feel Saku was quite heavy "he's a bit lighter than I expected"  said Sora to herself "I should be able to manage"

"well guys let's go" said Anastasia

"Wait..." said Saku almost out "Take...Jay to...nurse"

"What...take Jay to the nurse?" said Anaeus before turning to Jay. Jay laid face down, a small pool of blood building from his wounds "oh yeah, we can't exactly leave him like this"

"but he's a bad person" said Mochi

"Still Mochi, we can't just let him lay here" said Anastasia "he needs medical attention himself"

Anaeus looked at Jay "I'll take him to the doctors myself"

"Wait Anaeus, are you sure?" said Mochi looking untrusting "what if he tries to fight back"

"in his condition, I don't even think he could" said Anaeus "you guys take Saku back. I'll take Jay there"

"I'll come  just in case" said Anastasia

"And me as well" said Mochi

Anaeus put the very limp Jay on his back. Jay being taller than Anaeus meant his feet dragged along the floor. Anastasia walked along him, with Mochi keeping a very sharp eye on Jay. Sora slowly carried Saku, with Ayoko right beside her "Sora..." said Saku beginning to drift "I'm sorry...you'll have to wait...a little...longer. For the...promise"

"Don't worry about it Saku" said Sora "you rest first. I can wait for as long as it takes"

"you have to get all better first" said Ayoko "then you can do it"

Saku couldn't even nod, he just drooped on Sora's shoulder. Sora smiled "rest easy Saku"

"So...ra" mumbled Saku "Your...Father...is...he...re" then he just dropped. Sora stopped and turned to Saku

"wait...Saku. What did you say?" Saku had already fallen asleep

"what...what did he say Sora?" asked Ayoko

"he said Father...is here" both of them had the same question. Which Ayoko asked, in her head

"How can...Father be here? I mean...we haven't seen him or anything" Ayoko looked up at Saku. I guess I'll have to wait a bit.

Saku could himself lying down on something a bit soft and...rather tickly to his head. Then a gentle force shook him "Saku...Saku, come on wake up" Saku opened his eyes

"hmm...huh...Ms Ash?" Saku saw Ms Ash knelt beside him "wait...where, huh?" Saku saw a familiar bedroom around him...that of Sora's, Anaeus and Ayoko's Father. "why am I here?"

"I...wanted to say goodbye, before this world...vanishes into nothingness"

Saku began to sit up, and saw Ms Ash wear a depressed expression "right now, this room. It's all that's left. And pretty soon...it'd too will be no more"

"I think...I get why" said Saku rising to his feet "because there's no longer any reason...for this place to exist" a very small smile rose at the corner of her lips

"so, you've worked it out then?"

"I, think so. I still can't believe it either really"

"not to worry. Within only a few minutes, you will be presented with the proof you need. And as will...the other to find the father Sora, Anaeus and Ayoko have sought after" Ms Ash walked to the door and opened it "now, step through here...and return to the place you belong"

"and...what about you?"

Saku stepped to Ms Ash "Are you just going to stay here? I mean you said yourself soon this place will be no more"

"I...don't have any right" said Ms Ash sadly "not after all the things I've done, especially to him" gesturing to the Father

"Ms Ash...he forgives you" Ms Ash reacted and turned to him "If I know him, he'll have already have forgiven you...for protecting his children" a tear rolled down her face, landing on the carpet below "so, there's no need to punish yourself anymore. He wants you live your life...the best you can" Ms Ash wore a smile...a kind of smile that as if had been made for the first time.

Ms Ash swung the door open to see nothing but light "Saku, thank you. For saying that. I doubt we'll meet again. But if we do, I'd love to sit down...and just talk as friends"

"Yes...I'd like that. Ms Ashwood" Ms Ash smiled "until we meet again. See yer" Ms Ash gave a small wave but a warm smile and jumped into the light, vanishing into the unknown. Saku was about to step to the light, but turned to the Father who remained still and lifeless in his bed.

Saku stepped over to him "Rest easy. Your children are now in good hands. I promise I'll do my best to look after them. As I promised from the start" as Saku looked upon the Father, he noticed a piece of paper next to the pillow "hey, what's that?" Saku, out of curiosity, picked up the paper and began reading it. Then finishing with a notable smile "It's time for me to go. Rest well" Saku stepped to the door

"thank...you" Saku stopped and spun round to the Father. Saku wasn't sure if the voice came from the Father, or if he had imagined it. But felt something satisfying regardless of where it came from. Then walking through the door, he was enveloped with light all around him.

Saku became conscious again he was lying on something soft but this time notably warm. Saku eyes flipped open to see the roof of his dorm room before him. As Saku tried to sit up, his body felt somewhat numb and sore "oh...you're awake Saku" Saku turned to see Anastasia on the other bed who had been reading a book

"Ana...stasia?" she put her book down and went  to his bed side

"how are you feeling...okay?" she said wearing a warm smile

"I'm okay. Just a bit numb is all. What happened?" Anastasia sat next to him

"you've been out since yesterday. It's currently quarter to 9 in the evening. We've wrapped you up pretty good and dressed you as well. Your clothes were a mess"

Saku looked down to see his uniform replaced with a light grey t-shirt with a black spider on it and black running bottoms. A tug of his t-shirt neck showed his torso wrapped in bandage. Saku saw his red sash, neatly laid on the drawers next to the bed.

Saku turned back to Anastasia knelt next to him "and what about everyone else?"

"they are all fine" said Anastasia "they are all playing together in the other room" Anastasia's smile looked very wide, and her eyes looked moist

"Anastasia...what, what is it?" Anastasia put her arms around Saku's head, and rested him upon her bosom. Saku went bright red, feeling the softness of her chest around him "Ana...stasia?"

"I'm just, really happy your back safe and sound Saku" as Anastasia pushed him back, she saw his red face, making her giggle "he-he, you still get embarrassed by me...don't you?" 

"well...you are...lovely looking you know?" Anastasia then just lightly laughed. Her gentle laugh just seemed to fill the room with warmth and happiness. Saku could feel his embarrassment whittle away, and replaced with a smile.

As Anastasia calmed down "well, I'd best go get them. They'd want to know you're okay. So I'll be back shortly"

"wait, before you go" said Saku sounding serious "there's something I have tell you. Come closer" Saku spoke within Anastasia's ear, slowly and clearly. Anastasia looked unsure how to respond

"Wait...that's their Father?"

"that's right. Trust me, I'm still coming to grips with it as well. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I was told I'd get proo-" upon hearing this, he felt a wave of dizziness flood him.

The dizziness only last a few seconds, but as it wore off Saku looked...happy "I guess, I get to keep my promise to them after all"

"I'll go get them Saku" said Anastasia standing up "they'll want to hear this. They've earned it" Anastasia opened the doorway and looked back at him "I'll be right back" as she blinked a tear fell to the floor

"Ana...I hope you're good with words. Because I have no idea how I'm going to explain this to them. Well I'm not running away...I took this path after all. Its more...after the event"

A few moments later Anastasia came back with Anaeus, Sora and Ayoko. Saku stood up greeting them with a smile "hey, there girls...and Ayoko" Anaeus frowned but Ayoko and Sora were delighted to see Saku awake

 "Saku...you're awake" said Ayoko vaulting in Saku

"ow, ow, ow" said Saku repeatable "I'm still sore all over" Ayoko pulled back only for Sora to hug him "whoa, what the?"

"I'm so relieved you're okay" Sora pulled back checking him "you are okay aren't you?"

Saku nodded "I'm fine, just a bit sore. In a day or two, I'll be fine" Sora smiled "come on Anaeus, aren't you joining the hugging line?"

"You call me a girl, and then make a joke like that?" said Anaeus with an annoyed expression, before sniggering "it's good to see your fine" the two just bumped fists instead

"wait, what about Mochi?" Saku noticed she wasn't with them

"Oh, she's currently playing a championship match with Logan" said Ayoko "they're really going at it on that video game of theirs"

Sora then spoke in a quite timid voice "so Saku, can you tell us now?" said Sora "you said, you knew where...our Father was" all three turned to Saku, all wearing uncertain faces

"Saku...do you know where he is?" asked Ayoko to which Saku said

"shut the door first" said Saku "to make sure no-one else can hear us" Anaeus did so shutting the door "you'd best get comfortable. It's going to be a good story"

Sora and Ayoko sat on either side of Saku and Anaeus next to Anastasia. All three watched Saku as he took a breath "now to begin. It's true that you can't go back home. Because the place where you lived, doesn't exist anymore"

"Wait...what do you mean?" asked Anaeus

"I promise you'll understand everything at the end. Now the identity of your father, is someone I know very well. He's not quite the Father you know, but he is the same"

"You...know him personally?" asked Ayoko

"Of course, I mean you and I share the same mark upon our faces"

"you...do?" said Sora

"Ayoko, if you may, show everyone what's under your hair"

Ayoko looked a bit lost...and unsure but she lifted up the hair covered the left side (if you were facing her) of her face. Anaeus then reacted "hey...I thought I had seen that mark before! Ayoko's birthmark!" Ayoko's hidden eye was a light purple like the other, however upon her cheek was a pink X mark on her skin. Sora looked between them

"they look...almost the same" said Sora looking between them

"Yeah, they do" said Anaeus "but it has to merely coincidence. I mean Saku's is a scar and Ayoko's a birthmark"

"You are right Anaeus" said Saku "but you're also wrong"

"Saku, just who is our father?" asked Sora "please tell us"

Saku remained silent for a minute "there's a good reason, I couldn't find him at all. And why I couldn't sense him...because I looking in the wrong place. And the answer...lies with this" Saku picked up the red sash

"that the sash...this Laura girl gave you right?" asked Anaeus

"yes that's right" said Saku feeling it in his hands "it's my most treasured gift"

"Laura...didn't exactly have much of a life" said Anastasia "but it all changed when Saku met her. Laura was so happy for his help, she gave him the sash...to remember her by" as Sora looked upon it

"Saku...may I see it?" asked Sora to which Saku gave her it.

Sora felt her in her hands "the look of it, and the feel of it are so similar it's uncanny" said Sora inspecting it

"I feel the same when I look at it" said Anaeus "it does bring back many memories does that" as Sora went to end of the sash...her eyes widened, shock going across her face

"Anaeus...you need to look at this"

 Sora displayed a small knitted message on the sash which had Anaeus shocked too "what the?" a message, in blue knitting, read From Laura

"Saku...tell me. Where did you get this sash?" asked Sora desperately while Saku smiled

"Sora...that sash is one of a kind" said Saku "so that brings about a strange question" Saku turned to Sora and put a hand to her forehead "where did you get yours?" he lifted up her fringe to display a identical red sash upon her head.

Ayoko looked up at Saku, Anaeus came round to look more closely while Sora didn't take her eyes off him. Saku felt the sash on her head "this sash was given to you by your father...wasn't it?" Sora just nodded "it meant a lot to him, as this does to me. And the only one he could entrust this sash to..." Saku grabbed the sash on her head "is you...Laura" as Saku pulled the sash away...to which only bewilderment flooded the room.

Anastasia gasped and covered her mouth, tears glinting in her eyes "Laura...it's really you" Sora's appearance had changed, albeit only her hair and eyes. Sora's hair was long, down to her waist, with her hair neatly curled at her shoulders. Her hair was two toned, blonde down to her shoulders and then brown. Her eyes were also brown in colour as well. She looked like the same Laura, Saku had met long ago.

Sora was now lost for words as Saku stood up holding her sash in hand "in order in protect you, your Father had to change your appearance...and your name. Which all changed when you applied this sash" Anaeus' face looked very confused...and almost longing

"Saku...please tell us" said Anaeus sounding quite weak "where...is our Father?" Ayoko wore the same face

"Anaeus...you shouldn't ask where" said Anastasia gently "because Saku can't quite answer that"

Everyone was now just truly lost. Saku put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper "this is a picture...of your mother and Father. Back before you were born" Saku gestured the slip to Sora, or Laura, "here it's yours" Sora looked almost afraid to take it. Slowly with a shaking hand Sora took the paper...and looked upon it...only for her whole being...to be consumed by two emotions. Sadness...and Joy

 (START) (Play in the window. Or from youtube Final Fantasy X HD OST Suteki Da Ne)

Sora's hand shook badly, her will breaking, and her head drooping down. Her whole body was flooded with sadness...and sheer joy. Tears rained down rapidly from her face, onto the bed below her "Sora...Sora what is it?"  said Anaeus looking worried "What is it?"

"Anaeus...Ayoko" said Laura tearfully "Our Father...we've found him. And our Mother...is...is alive" Sora shakily gave Anaeus the picture who too reacted with sheer shock...and joy

"We've found him" said Anaeus as his own tears fell upon the picture "We found Father...and Mother...she's alive...too"

Ayoko looked up  "Dad is here and Mom...she's alive?" asked Ayoko desperately. Anaeus was close to losing it, as he covered his eyes with his

"Our father...the person who've we've searched for..." Anaeus gave Ayoko the picture who too reacted the same "is the person...sat right next to...you. And our mother, is sat right behind me. We...we found them...both"

Ayoko looked upon the picture to see an older looking Saku and Anastasia smiling together. They looked more mature, about 19 or twenty, and were both cheering together as Saku held a trophy up high in the air. Anaeus then laughed as he cried "I guess...you were right what you meant Saku. I shouldn't have...said where" Anaeus then nearly collapsed on the bed becoming a complete mess, with Anastasia close by.

Saku gave a small smile "No. you should've said...When" said Saku gently as Sora too began to sob "you three, have come from the future...a world that doesn't exist because I live today" Sora looked up at him, ready to break and let it all go  "Sora...I and your Mother" Anastasia sweetly smiled "are now here because of you three. So my Daughter...welcome home"

"Saku...Father...I...I missed you" Sora then just broke down...crying as hard as she could.

Saku just smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. Saku then turned to Ayoko, who looked a bit overwhelmed, and gestured her closer. Ayoko slowly moved closer, not quite sure how to act, but she let Saku rest his arm over her shoulder. Ayoko then pressed her head into his side and cried as well. Anaeus himself was a mess...of sheer sadness and joy. Anastasia hugged Anaeus tightly...smiling as she did.

Sora came a little away, tears till racing down the wet path on her face. Sora pressed a hand on Saku's face, delicately "I...found you. I can't believe it, you were there the whole time"

"And now you know why we got along so well" said Saku "I mean you did say you had your Father's personality" Laura weakly laughed amongst her crying

"and that's...why you didn't get embarrassed...either..."Sora couldn't speak anymore. Saku just pulled her close...with a wide smile

Anaeus looked up at Anastasia barely able to speak "we...we missed you, Mother. We missed you...so much" Anastasia lightly kissed his forehead

"We'll look after you" said Anastasia gently "there's no need, to feel lonely anymore. Your home is here...with us"

"th-th-th...tha..." Anaeus couldn't even get the word out

"shhhhh" Anastasia gently held him "in a way, I knew there was something special about you. And now I know why"

Ayoko was crying but still looked a bit lost "Ayoko" said Saku smiling "are you alright?" Ayoko didn't reply while Saku pressed her closer to his side "come on...talk to me"

"this is...this is real" said Ayoko looking ready to let it go herself "I'm...not...dreaming. I finally...get to meet you" Saku looked a bit sad

"I'm sorry...that I, couldn't be there, in a manner of speaking, when you grew up" Ayoko shook her head, her eyes becoming red from her crying

"it...wasn't your fault. I'm just glad...you're here now" Ayoko then just rested on Saku's head.

For Saku...and Anastasia, they were filled with happiness of such scale, that Joy was the closest term. Almost nothing...could possibly make them feel happier than this moment. The only thing that could beat it...was the moment they first admitted their feelings to one another. And now, in weird circumstances, they now had a family...from the love they fostered from long ago.

 (END)

It was much later when everyone had calmed down. Sora had finished wiping her eyes "I can't believe...we finally did it Anaeus"

"you don't have to tell me twice" said Anaeus wiping his face "to think we had found them all along. And everything about that note fits"

"What did this note say?" asked Anastasia

"well...in basic terms a few things. It'd said that we'd meet Father here, and only we could save him. That Saku, and his love would awaken Ayoko. That Father would be struck by a red light...and only we could heal the scar on his heart"

Saku thought about the contents of the letter "the red light was the knife that Hidan nearly struck me with. That Ayoko saved me from" Ayoko went a bit shy "and the scar...was the loss of Laura" Saku looked upon Sora, as Laura, and slightly laughed "the promise she made...came true as well"

"What promise did she make?" asked Ayoko

"that...we'd meet again. Although she could've told me like this. So...Sora, would you like me to keep calling you that name?"

"well...I don't know" said Sora a bit shyly "I've gotten quite used to hearing that name. And I also know that...this is going to take some explaining"

"yesssss it issssss"

Saku looked quite worried "I know I'll have to find some way, of telling her that I have three children now"

"I can imagine your Mom might be a bit surprised" said Anaeus

"no, it's not her. She's called Cora" Anastasia then shivered

"oh...yeah, her" said Anastasia looking a little pale "I forgot about her"

"to give you an idea Anaeus. If Aries is called the blonde demon, Cora would be called...the Grim reaper" Anaeus gulped "and how am I going to explain to Mochi she's an aunty?" Saku sighed "I know I'm a bit dim, but with this I'm clueless"

Sora had found his expression amusing "maybe...it'd be best if I remain conspicuous for now" Sora took her sash and tied it around her head. Her hair turned back to plain brown, shortened in length to little (to her back) and had two tails of hair draping down her shoulders "it'll make things easier for the time being"

"if you're sure Sora" said Anastasia rising up to her feet "well it's getting late now. Come on everyone time for bed. Sora, Ayoko come on"

"but...I wanted to stay here" said Ayoko

"yeah if she's staying. I want to too" said Sora adamantly to which Anastasia made a small laugh

"well if you get dressed. You can come back faster" without another word the two vacated the room. Anastasia turned to Saku "I'll see you in the morning Saku" with that she left too.

Saku turned to Anaeus who still looked a bit overwhelmed "have you come to terms with the situation yet?" asked Saku

"why...have you?" said Anaeus

"oh yeah. Since it's perfectly normal for a sixteen year old boy to be the father of three children, two practically the same age. So no I haven't" Anaeus chuckled.

"So...how come we couldn't go back? That's still being bugging me"

Saku sat forward "you're world, or time period, was made by a certain individual...Xene. The only person that could've stopped Xene was your Father...or me. So he killed him. But since you saved me, and I'm still alive, the world you come shouldn't exist now"

"but by rights shouldn't we not exist? I mean we were born in that world" said Anaeus curiously

"what am I, the doctor? Who knows. Just be glad you're here"

"Don't worry I am. Well apart from that, the only thing bugging me is Xene. Why did all his peons just up and vanish?"

Saku paused for a moment "that's a...bit tricky to explain. Let's say this...there's now no possibility of Xene existing anymore. And leave it at that for now"

"Wait...huh?" said Anaeus "but I heard Jay call Xene his Father? Wait actually, if we come from the future...how can he...?" just then Sora and Ayoko came back.

Sora was wearing the dragon shirt and Ayoko her pyjama's "We're ready" said Ayoko before seeing them both "oh...are we interrupting something?"

"No it's okay" said Saku "Save it for another time Anaeus. Now go on, off to bed"

"Fine" said Anaeus "Well I'll see you the morning...Dad" Saku then shook his head

"that is...definitely going to take time getting used to" Anaeus just smirked "good night Anaeus"

"good night" with a satisfied look he left the room.

Ayoko sat on the bed next Saku and Sora on the bed opposite. Saku then yawned "jeez...what a last couple of days. It still feels like my brain is about to go on strike from the whole situation"

"The same here really" said Sora happily "everything we've trained for...and waited for has finally come to reality. I still think I'm dreaming really"

"so...what happens now?" asked Ayoko 

"well, we still have the championship to win. Then win or lose, we introduce you to the families.Aries will love it I think. I'm not sure about Mom...and I want to photograph Lexi's face when you call her aunty" Saku then just sniggered. "then from there...the sky's the limit"

Ayoko then looked up Saku "I'm just glad...we get to stay together" Ayoko said smiling "we don't have to hide anymore, or be afraid...because of you Saku"

"To think, that the person you'd admired all this time...would be Father. And that does explain why you kept sneaking into his room" said Sora to which Ayoko turned pink

"You know...it's kind of silly that my hero, is my Dad"

"Oh I don't know" said Saku "my Dad was my hero. There's nothing silly about me if you ask me Ayoko"

"I guess so" she said turning a bit pink "This all started when you saved me from that old man Zhao. And now, we're all happy...and a family"

"speaking of that...I need to ask Zhao something. That has been one niggling thing I need to ask him. Well anyway come on lie down"

Sora got into Anaeus' bed while Ayoko laid down next to Saku. "hey...hey Saku, I mean Father" said Sora "What happened to Ms Ash?"

"yeah...what happened to her?" asked Ayoko

"who knows" said Saku truthfully "to be honest I'd like to know too. I mean she's fine but I don't know where she is"

"oh...it's just...I wanted to say thank you to her" said Sora "she was the one who looked after us, trained us...and brought us to you"

"don't worry. We'll meet again, she owes me a cup of tea after all"

Saku just sighed "Alright sleeping time. We have to get up in the morning"

"okay" said Sora quietly "Good night...Father" and with that she happily nodded off to sleep. Saku then turned to Ayoko who had already fallen asleep

"Good night...Ayoko" Saku then turned to the ceiling "hey Dad, guess what...you're now a Grandpa. Three times. I'd love to see your face" Saku then turned to Ayoko and put an arm around her

"hmm...Dad..." she mumbled in her sleep.

Saku spoke quietly "as humans...we are weak and fragile. Only when we come together...can we strong. And when two people meet...a bond is formed" Anastasia and Anaeus were contently asleep in their own beds "a bond  can take many shapes, some very unexpected shapes in my case, but it's only then...can we grow stronger and shine the pathway to the future"

Saku looked up to the ceiling "None of us are perfect, all of us have problems whether it'd be fears of weakness. However when help each other overcome these weaknesses, they can help others overcome theirs. As this chain continues, strength is shared throughout everyone...as peers, friends...and family"

Saku just smiled "that's what you told me once Dad. And only now do I understand it. By all of us coming together, we have healed each other of our pain...and now walked forward renewed. But I get the feeling it should've been something I learnt much later on. Oh well"

 Saku turned to Ayoko and began to settle off to sleep "Ms Ashwood. I hope you too...can now live a happy life. I don't think I could hate you...for what you've done...for...us" with that...he too drifted off to sleep. They all slept the night, without any nightmares...or dreams. Only blissful sleep was given to them, as if happiness lulled them into a deep sleep. Which would only disappear...when the sun rises in the next morning.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 6.6K 35
~ #13 in Adventure November 2016! ~ Eternal Grand Quest, a well received MMO that is being played the world over. A virtual reality game, where after...
90.1K 2.5K 24
Introducing this unique video-game inspired action story. Welcome to the war torn land of Celestia. The world was once only home to two divine bei...
49.3K 1.1K 28
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...
302K 13.2K 48
Short summary: Reborn as Neji Hyuga's twin sister. Full summary: A woman from the normal Earth realm suffers a death at the hands of a car accident...