Chapter 11: The Dark Plan...Begins

What should the comfort of a soft bed, was the feeling of hard concrete beneath one's feet. What should have been the warmth of the night, was a dark place which sent shivers with every breeze. And instead of the presence of others, was replaced by a lonely land. Despite evidence of life all around, nothing seemed to even really be alive in this dark place. As Saku was finding out.

Only moments ago, the world was bright white where a vision played out before his eyes. A boy, being praised by his Dad. But it was replaced by a dull world, that brought nothing of what he once felt. Saku was wondering through "just...what is this place? There's plenty of houses...but everything seems...not alive" the area was a suburban neighbourhood, filled with houses and bungalows.

However as he said, all seemed...dead. All the windows were boarded up, the doors were reinforced metal and barbed wire was laid on the roofs. The time of the day, was impossible to tell. The world was somewhat visible, but a thick blanket of cloud seemed to be choking whatever light could even seep through. Was it merely night time? Or the middle-of day with the sunlight blocked by the blanket of cloud.

Saku looked round "something...doesn't feel right. I can detect some presence of life...so why is it so quiet? Hello...Anyone here!? HELLLLOOOOO!!!" his voice echoed into the dim world "seriously...nothing. What about the local housing?" Saku then checked a nearby house "take these boards off" Saku strained hard but managed to pry the boards "hello..." he tapped the window "anyone in?"

Saku listened in silence... "nothing again. It's very dark in there..." Saku produced a sphere of energy and shone it through the window "oh...god..." was greeted him...was depressing. His light had shone on a living room, but it was a complete mess. Furniture laid overturned and destroyed, a mug laid on the floor cracked, a vase was smashed to small pieces...and stains of blood laid on the wooden floor.

But despite all this, there was one fact which was beyond depressing "this house may look abandoned...but this room was used only a short while ago" Saku's looked at the mug "there's water coming out of that cup" Saku put away his aura sphere and stepped back "it as if...it's been ransacked and left. I'd better check on the other houses"

Saku checked several houses, it appeared the first was the worst. The other house's all looked more or less tidy, some did show minor damage, but all looked just as empty...yet showing signs of recent activity. Saku began trying more drastic measures. Saku fired energy blasts at the nearby buildings hoping to draw attention...but nothing as usual.

Saku had been looking, what felt like hours and was close to giving up "every single house and building has been the same. I'm tempted to break down the door on one of them...but somehow...it feels wrong" Saku crossed his arms "I just...don't get it" he then heard footsteps "wait...what was that?" Saku ran to the source of the noise "hello...anyone there?" Saku then finally saw someone.

It was a young man, around twenty, in a messy white shirt, pants and woolly hat. The young man was very shifty, constantly looking round the area "hey sir...excuse me...sir" the young man didn't hear him "hey...hey excuse me!" Saku stepped to him and reached out "can you help me...ahhh"

Saku's hand went straight through the man "what the...hell?" Saku stuck his hand back through the man, and waved it around through the man's body "just what is going on? Am I dead?" Saku pinched his cheek "nope...I'm not dead" just then a voice

"halt...who goes there?" the man suddenly round to two men in uniform.

The two men were wearing beige shirts and pants, both had hats and glasses while wielding a baton "hey, you there" the man looked quite afraid "what are you doing out after Curfew?" the man then began running "hey, hey come back here!" they gave chase to the man, running straight through Saku...and disappearing into the labyrinth of houses.