Chapter 3: Cold Alliance And Rivalry

It was now the first day of the annual bio-duelling competition. Several teams had formed, many had arrived, and all had one goal in mind...to win. Not all participants had forged teams, some still chose to remain solo but were not ready. The basic rule of the tournament...meant every person had to take part in at least two "actual" matches every week.

However...this rule...was due to be altered. One of the teams...was still a team of two, being Saku and Sora. Saku having agreed to help Sora and Anaeus find their father. Sora and Anaeus revealed, they were orphans who parents both passed away. They, however, received a tip that their Father...was actually alive.

However, even to them, this was unlikely. They father passed away, before their eyes, over ten years ago. And due to them being at a young age, they don't have a memory of him either. Saku, knowing the pain of loss, decided to help them in their quest. Partnered with Sora, he, her and Anaeus fight to see the father again.

It was the middle of the day and Saku was training with Sora.  Saku was thrusting punches and blows, which Sora swiftly avoided. And then wielding a large Dual Aura Blade, Two sharp, blades attached to either end of a pole, she struck him back. Sora was quite thorough and skilful...but that wasn't what surprised Saku.

Saku was swaying and avoiding her blade before jumping back. Saku took a breath out and wiped his forehead "alright take five. You're quite a good, A Ranked duellist" Sora stuck out her chest with a sense of pride

"I am pretty good aren't I" said Sora rubbing her finger under her nose "I trained with my brother for quite a long time. He's a fire-user"

"a fire user...that takes me back" said Saku with a sense of nostalgia "alright now we'll try long range" Saku produced an aura blast "I still can't get over your other ability though" Sora had also produced an aura blast "so let's test long range"

"as you insist"

Sora, apparently, could wield aura energy too. While Saku's was back to it white colour, Sora's energy was bright red as she shot energy blasts to repel Saku's own energy blasts. Saku pleasantly surprised held a blast in his hand "I didn't think anyone else could wield energy"

"you're the surprised one" said Sora "I wasn't aware anyone could do this" Sora put her hands together shooting a moderate sized beam of red

"oh no you don't" said Saku quickly shooting a beam of equal measure "now you may be able to do it" Saku enhanced his beam which pushed back Sora and knocked her backwards "but you're not quite as good at it as me"

Saku helped Sora to her feet "thanks Saku" she said relinquishing her weapon "you know, it's strange but... you're not like other fighters I've seen"

"well, I can't wield a weapon, control an element...or perform an aura coat" Saku made his hand glow white "this is how I got by"

"it seems strange that your aura is...natureless. It means you can adapt to any situation"

"it also means, I don't excel in a particular area either" said Saku "well...it's getting close to lunch time. Why don't we get some grub?"

"yeah sure" just then a chime echoed followed by a voice

"attention all participants"

The Voice that ran out was the chancellor  "attention all participants. Today is the first day of the competition. I am to tell you of a drastic change to the rules. From now on...you only fight...as much as you want" this surprised the duo

"What the...so there's no guideline?" said Saku slightly taken aback

"You simply fight as much, or as little as you want. Instead...proper eliminations will at the last day of every month."