How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival

5.6K 133 7
By foreverandalways_3

Chapter 21

Cuddling closer to the source of heat my eyes refuse to open. Inhaling deeply, comes a familiar scent. Finally opening my eyes, what comes into view almost scares me. Shane's chin is full of stubble, and lips slightly parted. So peaceful, and calm. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

My science teacher in grade eleven was telling us how, every single person, their face, you have had to see it in your life before. It could have been a glace, it could have just running into someone at the supermarket, but you would have had to see them for at least a second. I wonder who he see's in his dreams.

Sitting up, Shane's arms loosen on me quickly. I glance around my room. Did I even come up stairs last night?

Looking at the clock it says it's already half past nine! I missed practice! How could I be so stupid and forget.

"Shane wake up! You're late!" I nudge the sleeping beauty, and he just grunts and waves me off.

"No! Shane it's nine thirty! You're late for work!"

This time his eyes shoot open and he's sitting up in seconds.

"I had soccer this morning! What am I going to tell them?" I groan running into my closet, I grab my LuLu Lemon yoga pants, with my U of T sweat shirt. Running into the washroom I clean up my make up and apply a little more mascara, and fixing the dark bags under my eyes.

"Damn your arse looks good in those," Shane whispers from behind me.

"Oh shush and get ready," I hit his arm as I put toothpaste on my toothbrush. "I don't even remember going upstairs to bed,"

"You shouldn't, I carried you up," his laugh echoes throughout the small bathroom.

"I'm going to get going. I'll leave the key on the counter in the kitchen, lock the door, and turn the lights off," I instruct while I tie my hair up into a messy bun. I don't think people have seen me dress like this on campus, normally I'm dressed fairly decent.

"Okay, but you already missed your first class, what's the rush," he takes ahold of my hand pulling me back into his chest.

"The rush is that it's going to be horrible trying to find a parking spot, and if I have time I'll stop and get coffee," I explain while giggling.

"Fine, I love you,"

"I love you! Don't forget to lock the door!" I remind while running down the stairs.

Taking off the apartment key and putting it on the counter, I grab my bag and purse and check that everything is in it. Running down the stairs into the underground parking area, I jump in my vehicle and drive off to the campus.

Once I got a parking spot, I see that there's enough time to grab a coffee and get to my next class. Luckily the Starbucks was in the same building as my world religion class.

Waiting in line, I find that I forgot my phone at home. Great.

"Hey there Alex! You missed the practice today," a voice comes from behind me. Knowing who it is exactly, I turn to face him.

"Yeah, I just had a long weekend, I didn't get home until late. Then I forgot to set an alarm, I'm sorry," I ramble. He's going to be angry, I just have this feeling.

"We all have that time at least once. No problem, next practice is at four on Wednesday night," he lets me know just as its my turn to order.

Once I got my pumpkin spice latte I go up the stairs and sit in my usual spot with two minutes to spare. The class room started to fill up just as the bell rang. I'm not exactly friends with anyone in my classes, I just stick to the people on the team and that's about it.

"So everyone take out your journals and at the top of the page write," the teacher pauses and look down at his large leather binder. "Why Do Humans React The Way Do? Why Do We Do It? " He takes a deep breath, this is different from what we usually write about in this. We usually write about different religions, because well it is world's religions. "Now, I want you to really think about this, but make sure you don't over think it. It's all opinion so it can't be wrong. Make sure to make it clear, and go," he waves his hands in an over exaggerated movement. "Oh and you have the whole class to write as much as you can,"

I take out a blank peice of paper and think of some different reasons. Once I got my main idea down I begin.

Why Do Humans React The Way Do? Why Do We Do It?

Humans react the way they do depending on what they are reacting too. If something great or exciting happens, people often smile and laugh and possibly cry. Smiling, laughing, and crying can all be put into different scenarios making the actions different. Smiling, you can be smiling at a new born baby with amazement and delight. You could also be smiling at the fact that you got away from stealing something. Laughing, you could be laughing at a really funny joke your bestfriend told you. You could also be laughing at someone who is getting bullied. Crying, you could be crying that your sister is getting married and you are so happy for her, the tears of joy. You could also be crying because of the death of a close family member. These actions mean nothing unless they are put into situations making the emotion fulfill the emotion in its sense. Weather it's sinful, sorrowful, happy, amazing, sad, heart broken, it doesn't have a meaning until it's made into a real situation.

People are the way they are because how else would be express ourselves if we didn't have emotions. How would we let each other know that we did something wrong and we don't want it to happen again? We wouldn't be able to! Although sometimes the way act can cause someone to react is difficult to interpret. The way we act helps people decide whether they like to hang around you, or if they dislike you. It all depends on how you carry yourself.

The loud annoying buzzing bell goes off indicating that it's lunch. I'm going to drop my bags in my car and go to the cafeteria to get something to eat.

Once I approach my Range Rover, it wasn't hard to spot that big blue truck from anywhere. As its parked right beside mine. I go to my passenger side and he quickly hops out of the jacked up truck.

"Hey Sweet Cheeks," he greets pecking my lips.

"Hey Babe," I greet opening the door of my truck putting my bags on the seat. Closing the door and locking it. It must be his lunch break. His smirk is huge and his eyes are glowing. What happened.

My questioning facial expression must have given away my question, considering he answered. "You called me Babe,"

"And?"

"And? I have the nicknames, I'm Shane," my eyebrow raises at this.

"Oh really?" His smirk grows now.

"Really, you're my Babe," blue eyes are sparkling down at me with delight. His hands are latched around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"And you're whatever I want to call you because you're my boyfriend," I smirk not giving in.

"Fine," I knew he would cave soon. "Let's go out for lunch,"

"I don't have enough time to leave campus and make it back in time for calculus,"

"Then how about we eat in the cafeteria here?"

"Okay," I settle, he takes my hand and we walk through campus. Arriving in the cafeteria we find a table with two chairs. He tells me to wait here, that he's going to find us both something to eat. Thankfully he noticed I forgot my phone at home and brought it for me, taking it out I scroll through Facebook, liking the odd funny, concerning important statuses. A notification pops up, I click on it.

Shane Carson has sent you a relationship request.

Smiling to myself I confirm it. He makes me so happy I'm not sure what I could do without him. What did I do without him?

_____________

After picking some clothes up from my apartment, I head over to the Carson's. Shane told me that its better when I stay over. I agree I'm not so tired the next day. Pulling up to the large brown house, I lock my car and run up the steps.

"And it's you! Oh, it's you! It's you! They add up to! And I'm in love with you, and all your little things," Shane sings to me as soon as I step through the doors. The One Direction lyrics blasting through the speakers. Chelsea and Marcus are twirling swiftly around my tall boyfriend.

"Hello my love," he whispers as he leans into my lips.

"Hello Babe," I tease him from this afternoon. Our lips connect and he holds me in place refusing for me to move. A loud bang springs both if us apart. My eyes wide as saucers. My eyes meet the cause of the loud noise, quickly learning that it was just Belle dropping a cooking book. Her sheepish smile is prominent. Even over the music that was play it frightened everyone in the room.

"Sorry to scare you all," she winks walking over to my side. "Getting a little lip action I see," my boyfriend's mother teases. My cheeks go a quick shade of red. "Here's a baking cook book if you want to bake something sometime, you can have it,"

Her smile is bright and her blue eyes glowing. "Thank you! We'll make something tonight!"

"California girls we're unforgettable,

daisy dukes bikinis on top,

sun kissed skin so hot we'll melt your popsicle," both kids sing together dancing around while Shane has fallen on the couch laughing.

"Turn that off! Not appropriate!" Belle yells the kids stop singing and stop the music.

"Sorry momma," Chelsea comes and hugs her mother. "Love you,"

"Love you too darling, oh and Alex I need to talk to you in the kitchen," I nod following her into the huge kicthen leaning against the island. I place the cook book down as she takes a deep breath, "my boss told me that they need a new daily nurse, and that they would like me to do it. Considering that's what I did before I went of leave for just about three years, I re-applied for the job that's why I couldn't just go back," I know what she's getting at, she doesn't need me anymore.

"That's great!" I smile big for her, really that's amazing for her.

"So I'm sorry but you can always come over, but there's no need for you to come everyday," her smile is sad, she practically just fired me, but really something great came out of this.

"No, that's okay, I'm so happy for you! It was great, and something unforgettable came out of it," my smile told her that it was truely okay.

"I'm so glad this is all working out for the better," she pulls me into a hug. "Tomorrow is my last night shift, and then you'll be free of watching the devils children," she jokes.

"They're so amazing," I laughing with her. Belle annouces that she's leaving, and once the door is shut. I go and jump in the big comfy couch with Chelsea, snuggling up with her.

"Do you guys want to bake tonight? After dinner of course," the quick reply of nodding heads, I head into the kitchen and begin to cook dinner.

Shane walks in after me, sitting on a stool at the marble countertop. "What was my mother telling you now?"

The childish voices coming from the living room indicates that the tv is keeping the two busy.

"Well, she got the day shifts back," I tell him as I cut up carrots and begin to satay them in a small pan with green beans.

"So? Why did it take you so long?" His confusion is easily found in his facial expression.

"I don't need to watch the kids anymore," I directly tell him. Pulling out the raw chicken. Getting a different cutting board I begin to cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces. "Can you get me the big pan, and put butter in it please," I ask him smiling.

"Wait so, she fired you?" He asks getting the pan out and turning the burner on.

"No, well kind of but I'm glad she got the job she wanted," taking the cutting board I put the cut up chicken in the pan as it starts to sizzle I quickly pour some teriyaki sauce over it.

"You're okay with that?" I nod smiling at him. Getting other vegetables out I put them in the pan with the others.

"I have to get another job soon though," I sigh leaning back against the cold countertop.

"Why?"

"Because I have bills that I need to pay," I explain, he stairs out the window for a minute. I put the vegetables and chicken together in one pan and pour a little more sauce over.

"I can pay them," he suddenly says. I turn to look at him.

"You are not going to be paying for my stuff, especially when you don't need to," I shake my head. Standing next to his chair.

"How about I move in, I'll pay for our stuff," he continues to offer. How did I get so lucky, to get someone so caring.

"Shane you don't have to,"

"I want to, I want to be with you," his arm snakes around my wasit pulling me into his side.

"You want to move in with me?"

"I'd do anything with you," he states, pulling me between his legs, I'm just a tad bit taller than he is sitting down. "I do, I want to move in with you," he leans up and kisses my forehead and pulls away so slowly.

"Then let's do it, but I really do need a job," I smile kissing the side of his mouth.

"We'll talk about it later," he rolls his eyes, he gets up and grabs plates for all of us. Portioning the rice out, I pour the meat and veggies on top.

"Come eat!" I yell to the kids. They come running and take their proper seats at the table. I pour and place their juice cups on the counter, making sure to tighten the lid on Marcus' sippy cup. Their eyes light up at the sight of the food. As we all begin to eat, this family has brought happiness into my life again.

_______

"Thank you so much for baking all that stuff last night and the night before," Belle yawns into the phone. She just finished her first day shift, she said it's a lot busier in the day.

"No problem, I'll be trying these new recipes, I'll be giving you lots," we both laugh. It's Wednesday and I just finished practice and Shane is in the shower. We both agreed to order pizza, which I'm suppose to be doing now.

"Well the kids bus just pulled up, they are not going to be happy when you don't show up," she chuckles. "I'll talk to you soon sweetie," at that we both hang up.

"Who was that?" Shane asks walking down the stairs, shaking his wet hair pushing it back in the right direction. His piercing blue eyes meet mine from across the room.

"Your mom," I sit on one of the chairs looking up at him.

"Was that suppose to be a joke or?" He jokes back with me, of course he knows it's his mother. "Did you order the pizza?"

"I'm going to now," I tell him, his eye brows raise.

"You haven't yet?" He pretends to get angry. "Ahh!" He yells and begins to tickle me.

Once he stopped, I got to order the pizza, and then just about fell asleep on Shane's lap before the house phone began to ring causing me to wake up. Shane let the pizza man in and paid for it and served it to the both of us.

"I'm so stuffed," I groan leaning my head against his shoulder. He agrees with a head nod. We watch tv with the odd kiss or two. But this one particular time, the commercials just begin to play. Looking directly into his eyes I lean up and connect our lips. Burying my fingers into his hair, he lifts me into his lap. My right hand leaves the back of his head, my fingers leaving his hair, travelling down the nape of his neck. Going down his chest, placing my hand on his left side, over his heart. I can feel it beating.

His one hand leaves my lower back and places his hand over mine. Our lips break apart, although they stay just about touching, our heavy breathing keeps the distance between us. "Its for you, only you Baby," he whispers between pants. I lean my forhead against his.

"I love you,"

"I love you," he whispers back. Once these words were exchanged our lips hungrily meet again. Passionately our lips move at a quick yet slower pace. The next thing that happend, happend so quickly. We both spring apart as a voice interrupt us.

"Alexandra?" My head spins around to meet a pair of dull grey eyes that I haven't seen in years, yet haunt me all too often.

"Dad?"

______________

A/N

Whoa her dad came out of nowhere! Things are about to get a little unexpected :D CAN NOT WAIT.

I just wanted to say, it took a lot for me to develop the plot of what is going to happen and that it takes a lot to unfold, so that's why nothing crazy has happened for a while. JUST WAIT A BIT.

Question:

How old do you think I am?

Contact and follow me on:

Instagram: @_holly3

Twitter: @_holly_3

Kik: xxforeverandalways

Comment! Tell me when you think about the book so far! I'll follow you if you do so! Leave your input!

Vote! It means a lot for all you voters but it would mean a lot if the people who read this and don't vote do vote too!

Share! If you really like the book, and would like to recommend it, do it! Share it with friends or who ever you want!

Thank you everyone <3

Love you all<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 2.9K 35
{{Believe in the unimaginable when it comes to love.}} Jane was just an ordinary girl when one day everything came crushing down her life. She lost h...
2.9M 81.4K 37
My name is Jade. I was kidnapped and given as a gift. Like a pet. A gift meant to mend the bond between a father and son. But before his son knew I...
2.2K 244 26
"Grandmother, what big ears you have." Chuckling at my own joke, I looked down at the wolf when I felt his tail tapping on my wrist and was met wi...
69.2K 2.8K 35
Dylan is Fine. Completely Fine. With a capital F. That is, until, his mother, for some reason, taken in her godson who'd gotten kicked out of his hou...