Unnatural | D.M.

By xSiriuslyLovely

"It's unnatural. I won't stand for my son tarnishing the family name for some filthy half-blood." I clenched... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
A/N
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Forty-Six

18.1K 363 47
By xSiriuslyLovely

Hey everyone! Here's a new chapter! Not too much drama until the end so let me know what you think! Thank you for all your votes and comments (: I love seeing them. COMMENT!!!

xoxo

______________________

Delia

.

.

.

Dobby had a proper burial, tombstone and all. Even though Harry was trying to act like he wasn't torn apart by his death, Hermione knew better. He had a few nightmares during our stay at the cottage and I had caught him crying just yesterday. Today he was more fueled by anger, directed mostly at You-Know-Who. He had taken a lot from Harry and after I'd told him about what Bellatrix said, he'd told me he was doing this not just for him but for everyone the Dark Lord had taken something from. I knew he had to be stopped but I wasn't exactly ready for Harry to face him. Harry, Ron and Hermione went upstairs to talk to Ollivander and the goblin while I finished washing the dishes from our breakfast this morning. There were a lot of us in this small cottage so I wasn't too excited but I didn't want Fleur washing everything again. My hands scrubbed the various plates and mugs, coffee and tea spilling as I turned them over to wash the outer surface. I finished faster than I'd anticipated and quietly made my way up the stairs to join the three of them. They were in Ollivander's room and I tiptoed behind them, standing in the doorway.

"He's after you Mr. Potter. If it's true what they say, about the elder wand, I'm afraid you really don't stand a chance." Ollivander said seriously, his sunken eyes and matted hair making him look very old.

"I suppose I'll have to kill him before he finds me then." Harry responded with confidence, turning away to walk out. Ron closed the door behind him as we descended the stairs and walked into the vacant kitchen.

"What are we supposed to do now?" I asked, letting out a sigh.

"Well, Hermione, if you could brew some polyjuice potion that would be great. Delia you can help too. We need to get into that vault." Harry said, pushing up his glasses on his nose. I nodded and Ron started talking about his disguise. He started rambling on whether he should have facial hair or not and I rolled my eyes, opening the cabinet under the sink. I bent down to look for a cauldron and found a very dusty one towards the back. Hermione scoffed at Ron and waved her hand dismissively at him.

"I hardly think it's necessary to know if you'll have facial hair, Ronald." I smiled, happy to see her slowly getting better. Bellatrix's torture methods were like no other and although Hermione was hurting, I was glad she hadn't done to me what she'd done to Hermione. I hadn't told them about my "condition" and I figured I would have to since we were supposed to be entering Bellatrix's vault. She grabbed the cauldron and went to rinse it in the sink, after which she placed it in front of me.

"Well we can't start until after tomorrow because the fluxweed has to be picked on a full moon which is tomorrow night."

"That's alright, Mione. You've got me to help." I smiled reassuringly and she returned the favor, moving to sit on the couch in the living room.

"Hermione?" I fiddled with the drawstrings of my hoodie, nervous to tell her that I was expecting. I was hiding it wearing Harry's sweatshirts and Hermione's looser clothes since Fleur was tinier than either of us. Hermione had given me my beloved green plaid hoodie that was looser than most and the material more like a shirt than actual sweater. Still, it was warm. I'd given it to her for good luck before they left which seemed silly now, especially with what happened last week.

"What is it?" She asked, eyeing me carefully. Hermione could tell something was up. Of course she could.

"I have to tell you something but I don't know how you'll react. The last person I told.... Well let's just say we aren't speaking right now." I took a few steps towards her and she beckoned me over, patting the seat next to her.

"Alright. Just tell me." Hermione took my hands in hers and I bit my lower lip, my heart picking up slightly.

"I..." I couldn't bring myself to say it without bursting into tears. She searched my eyes and pressed her lips together, nodding.

"I know." I pressed my eyebrows together and she gave me a small smile. "It's okay, Delia."

"But it's not." I whispered, looking down at my thumbs.

"Who?"

"Um...Draco Malfoy." I mumbled his name, still uncomfortable admitting it not because I was embarrassed of him but because of the damage it would cause.

"You're barking." She crossed her arms, eyebrow raised and I shook my head.

"You better tell Harry. He's going to be livid." I groaned, covering my face with my hands and to my surprise, she brought me into a hug. A knock at the door made us both let go and get up, wands out. Cautiously stepping towards the door, the floorboards creaked under my feet just as Bill came out from the hallway. He quietly turned the knob, letting in the sunlight from outside as a tall figure stood in the doorway. I lowered my wand when I realized who it was and let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

"Remus." Bill said, taking him into a hug. Lupin greeted all of us, saving me for last.

"How are you?" He asked, a twinkle in his eye.

"Managing." I said, giving him a side smile. He reached into his coat pocket and handed me a box wrapped haphazardly with newspaper. I nodded, placing the box behind a pillow on the couch to put away later. I wasn't bothered to open it because I knew they were probably vitamins of some sort.

"Come, everyone." Fleur said with her elegant and timeless accent, beckoning us to the table.

"So what news have you got for us?" Bill asked, sitting next to Lupin as the rest of us took our seats while I was wedged between Harry and Hermione.

"Sorry but is anyone hungry? I have some soup I made earlier." Fleur asked sweetly and I sat up straight in my chair. I was hungry.

"What kind of soup?"

"Just chicken."

"I'll have some." Harry and I said at the same time, earning a chuckle from Lupin.

"Seriously Delia, you have to get it through your head that you'll never be the Chosen One. Quit while you're ahead." Harry nudged me and I rolled my eyes.

"Seeing as I wouldn't enjoy being legally blind, I wouldn't worry too much." I flicked his glasses just as Fleur placed two bowls of soup in front of us. My mouth watered at the scent that wafted into my nostrils. The herbs and smell of the small piece of toast sitting in the bowl were exquisite.

"I don't think I've ever liked chicken soup this much." I said, taking a spoonful into my mouth, not caring that I'd burned my tongue.

"Well, you two, you'd better get ready."

"Why's that?" Ron asked, eyeing Harry's soup and trying to sneak a piece of bread for himself.

"Bloody hell, Ron. Get your own soup if you're hungry." Harry muttered, a smile poking at his lips. Fleur got up and went to get a bowl for Ron and I sighed. Boys.

"They're Teddy's godparents." I stopped mid swallow and looked at Lupin who was smiling.

"You don't mean-?"

"Yes, Dora gave birth to him just a few days ago." He said proudly, everyone congratulating him. I was very happy for Lupin but a part of me also felt afraid because it was a reminder of what I would have to go through in a few months. I knew I'd have Lupin and Tonks and Hermione but the two boys who were of high importance to me I was unsure of. Harry and Draco hated each other and with reason. I won't excuse Draco. I'd like to pretend that Draco and I would have our child and raise her or him together in a home but our future was dangling by a very thin strand. On one hand I felt like I should be telling Draco to step up but on the other, I couldn't fathom telling him to abandon his family completely, leaving him with no support system no matter how cruel they were.  I cupped my abdomen, a smile plastered on my face to hide my terror.

Harry and I walked on the beach for a while after Lupin left and we were now throwing rocks into the cold water. In certain ways, telling Harry felt very much like telling my father or some other adult. Harry had always seemed more mature than his age and although we shared the same age, I thought of him as an older brother.

"D'you reckon he'll like us? I don't know much about babies." He asked, squatting to pick a rock from those scattered at his feet.

"Dunno. Probably. I don't have experience either so don't feel bad." I really didn't and it was frightening. I knew the basics like feeding every two hours, no sleep, etc.

"I bet I'll do better at changing diapers than you."

"I think Hermione would be better than the two of us." I chuckled, tucking my hair behind my ear as I threw a round, flat rock. A moment of silence passed between us and I fiddled with the ends of my red hair. He could explode or not say a thing. Frankly I didn't know which I would prefer.

"Harry, I'm pregnant." I said in a rushed sentence, breath caught in my throat. The smile disappeared from his face and his eyes moved to my stomach then back to my eyes.

"No you're not."

"I'm serious, Harry." He laughed, shaking his head.

"And who's the father? No wait, let me guess. Malfoy?" He scoffed, chuckling to himself. I remained silent and his smile slowly disappeared again. Harry took a step towards me and I pressed my lips together. I did that a lot.

"That's not funny, Delia."

"I'm not laughing."

"How could-Why.. Why would you go and do something like that for?!" He raised his voice, throwing his hands in the air.

"I didn't plan this, Harry."

"Well what were you thinking sleeping with a guy like that? He's a complete arse!"

"He's different."

"Oh please. You're just so stuck on this quest to change him but he will always be the same cockroach he was the day I met him first year."

"You of all people know that others are not what they seem. If you look closer-"

"I don't want to look closer! He was going to kill Dumbledore. He helped the Dark Lord. I mean, who's side are you on?" Harry backed away from me and strode off, angry. I sat down on the damp sand and rested my chin on my fist. He was angry and I could see why. I still couldn't say which reaction was better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6.7K 75
"Draco, look at me..." Y/N touched my face softly and I stared down at her. Tears welled from deep inside and I tried but couldn't stop them from cou...
305K 6.2K 101
COMPLETE! 🙌🏼IT GETS BETTER I PROMISE THE START IS JUST A LITTLE BORING🙌🏼 --------- This is y/n's journey through Hogwarts, having the twins as be...
5.5K 166 22
Following the war...long after her friends had married and went off to live their own lives...Y/N, a Ravenclaw and close friend of Harry's, returned...
2.9M 69.6K 55
Newly Headgirl Hermione Granger returns to Hogwarts for her final year without Harry and Ron. She is eager for a stress free year but her happiness...