Chapter Fourteen

Hey everyone! This one is a little shorter than my chapters usually are but enjoy, especially the ending! Please COMMENT! It would mean the world to me.
xoxo
______________________

Delia
.
.
.
I couldn't deny my feelings for him anymore. Every time we locked eyes, my heart fluttered and I'd finally figured out that my eyes were the honey color they were because of how he made me feel when we were together. The only things interfering with me revealing and expressing freely how I felt was his mixed signals and that parasite, Pansy. I hated seeing him with her but I had to remind myself that he'd made a conscious choice in choosing her. It didn't make me feel any better.

Later this week, I'd be going back to the Burrows for the holidays and I really wanted an explanation for the other night, but I didn't know how to go about it. I mean, it's not like I could go up to Draco and say "hey why did you give me a hickey the other night?" I shuddered at the thought. I'd been sulking and pacing the two days after he'd gifted me with the lovely purple bruise on my neck. I was lucky it was cold so I could easily conceal it with scarves.

I'd been nervous the entire day for Defense Against the Dark Arts because Draco and his perfect hair would be seated no less than a foot away from me. I walked into the classroom and saw him sitting in his usual seat. Everyone was wrapped up in their conversations, so I was grateful it would fill the silence I anticipated to be between us. I took a deep breath and sat down, carefully placing my books on the desk. Draco turned to me and gave me a small smile.
"D'you do the essay, Edwards?" I pulled out my parchment and pointed at it.
"Course I did. You?"
"Yeah I have it here. Not the best piece of work on my part but I've been distracted." I pressed my lips together and pulled out my quill, heart racing in my chest.
"I don't suppose you were thinking he'd understand."
"No, Snape understands."
"Really? I didn't peg you for a teacher's pet, Draco." I chuckled as Snape started his lecture.
"Give me some credit, Dee. I don't think anyone could be Snape's pet willingly." Just then, Snape stood by our desks looking unamused.
"Mr. Malfoy I trust you've done the assignment?" Draco's smile vanished from his face.
"Yes, professor."
"And I trust you're not dawdling on your other duties, are you?" Out of the corner of my eye I saw him clench his fists, and I felt the urge to grab his hand.
"No sir."
"I suggest you distract Mr. Malfoy no further, Ms. Edwards. We wouldn't want another detention, would we?"

I grit my teeth and gave a curt nod. Snape walked away and I looked at Draco, whose composure was stiff but angry. I scoot my chair closer to him and placed my hand in his. His hand immediately relaxed and his fingers fit into the spaces between mine without hesitation. We sat like that for the remainder of class, my heart beating erratically as I gently rubbed his skin with my thumb. It felt scarily natural with him, so easy. The class felt like an instant because before I knew it, the bell rang and his hand gently left mine.
"See you later, Edwards." He gave me a small smile before disappearing, taking the smallest piece of myself with him.
.
.
.
I stared at my book, on the same page for probably 20 minutes, lost in thought. Ginny must've noticed because she cleared her throat, bringing me back to reality.
"Something on your mind? You've been staring at that page like it was the world's most complicated math equation for the past 20 minutes." I chuckled and she sat next to me on my bed.
"I think I'd prefer that to what I'm trying to figure out right now."
"You can tell me if you'd like. I'm a good listener."
"It's..."
"Complicated? Most boys make everything that way." I looked up at her in shock at her guess.
"Trust me, I've had my fair share of staring at books for a millennium lately, Delia."
"I'm just not sure how to tell him how I feel. He gives me mixed signals so bad, it's giving me whiplash."
"Hmm. Well I'm going to give you advice I'm too afraid to follow through with. Tell him."
"Ginny, you're mad. You don't understand....He.. He has a girlfriend." She looked at me incredulously and I bit my lip.
"Christ, Delia."
"We were supposed to be friends but he's been the one to initiate any touching, I swear! God, I'm pathetic." I put my head in my hands, frustrated.
"Delia you can't let this go on. Tell him how you feel and if he doesn't break up with her, assuming he feels the same way, then you have to let it go." I sighed and looked at her, realizing she was right.
"Who is it?"
"I can't say but I'll tell you one day, if we end up together." I took out a piece of parchment and my quill, writing to him.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower in 15 minutes. It's important.
~ Dee

I sent it out the door to find him and put on my shoes. I'd gotten especially crafty in wandering about the castle at night and besides, I could look like a teacher within seconds. I waited for him as the snow fell outside, hands shaking from the cold and my anxiety. A short time later he came in looking slightly disheveled and I felt slightly boastful because I knew he'd have to have been with her but he came anyways. That's rude. Don't be like that.
"Something wrong? I was in the middle of something."
"Something? Don't you mean someone?" He rolled his eyes and I felt a little hurt at the thought of him being with her even if he did come. Draco always gave me whiplash, I hated it sometimes.
"Who I spend my time with doesn't concern you. Now what is it?"
"Well since you're being so polite and cheerful, yes, it does concern me." I sounded more confident than I felt, arms crossed.
"What are you talking about, Dee?" He looked genuinely confused. Boys are such idiots.
"Are you really that thick?"
"I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Spit it out." My stomach flipped and I bit my lip. This was it. I couldn't hide anymore.
"Draco, I don't know what you want from me. We're supposed to be just friends but quite frankly you don't act the part. You say things that make me think otherwise and fucking hell, you gave me a hickey the other night. And you have a girlfriend for christ sake." He stood there looking at the ground not making any attempt to speak.
"So that's it? You're just going to stay silent. I can't do this anymore. I need to know how you feel and if you feel the way I do then, break up with her. If you don't then you need to respect boundaries. I'm not going to be your little toy you can play with at your leisure. You have a GIRLFRIEND, Draco.  I don't understand you and the worst part of it is.. I think I'm falling for you." His grey eyes finally met mine and I took a step closer to him. " I deserve to know what's going on in your head."

I couldn't believe that had just come out of my mouth. After all these months of trying to conceal my feelings, I was now an open book. I was vulnerable and it made me uneasy. Draco looked at the ground for a little while longer before his eyes trailed back to mine. I couldn't decipher how he felt and it frustrated me. He opened his mouth to speak and my heart thudded in my chest louder than I'd ever heard it.