Chapter Thirty

Hey everyone! This is a bit longer so I really hope you're as excited as I am. This chapter was exciting to write, easy to visualize but I couldn't help but feel bad for actually writing this. Don't worry it isn't too bad. Anyways, as always thank you for reading and please COMMENT!

xoxo

_________________________________________________

Delia

.

.

.

I found myself looking behind my shoulders for Pansy or whoever "they" were. I was paranoid to say the least and I would never meet Draco anywhere in the castle but the Room of Requirement so we'd be well hidden. What could she mean "they know"?  Perhaps she was referring to Draco's parents or worse, the other Death Eaters.

"Delia, are you even listening to me?" Ginny asked in an irritated voice. I looked at her and blinked a few times in an attempt to escape my thoughts.

"Sorry."

"I don't know what Ron is thinking, leaving on his own like that. Now no one knows where he is. He's really naive you know." Ginny put her face in her hands, clearly upset. I'd been trying to comfort her since Harry gave me the go to tell her this week. It'd been two weeks since Harry's first letter, and I was beginning to worry that they'd be delayed in finding all the Horcruxes.

"I think he'll find his way back somehow." I leaned my head on her shoulder and put my arm around her.

"I hope so. He's kind of an idiot." She chuckled and I did the same, happy she was at least attempting to stay upbeat.

"Let's go. I'll meet you after Dark Arts." I stuck my tongue out in disgust, grabbing my bookbag.

Neville joined me in class, taking the seat next to me.

"Is Ginny alright? I heard."

"She's alright, I reckon." The door burst open and Amycus strode in as terrifying as always. He turned to face us, robes swishing at his feet. Neville and I looked at each other and I heard the door open.

"Mr. Malfoy, so nice of you to grace us with your presence. Find a seat." Amycus said with a raised eyebrow, although he didn't seem at all surprised. What was he doing here? I looked at him and he gave me a small smile.

"Talk later." He mouthed. I turned my attention back to the front of the classroom, thoroughly confused. Amycus began writing on the board with his notably neat cursive penmanship. This was probably the only redeeming quality in Amycus. His damn handwriting. About ten minutes passed as the classroom filled with silence, the only sound being the chalk coming into contact with the board. Amycus turned towards us still covering the board, a stony expression on his face.

"You will copy down these notes and await further instruction for our activity." He stepped aside and his long arm gestured to the board. Once I read the title on the board, I reached for Neville's arm. Neville was clenching his fists hard, turning his knuckles white with anger. I grabbed my quill and dipped it into the ink, reluctantly writing the title of our lesson on my parchment.

The Cruciatus Curse

What fucking activity would we have after notes? We couldn't possibly perform the curse, it was illegal. I drummed my fingers on the desk and looked around, only for my eyes to be met with Amycus'. I gulped at looked back down at my parchment. Fear rose in my throat and my hands started to get clammy.