Reincarnate: My Rival

By PenOverPaper

"Being a rival sucks. Especially when you're the center of everyone's hatred." Gael Fallon is a well-known ri... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Where it all starts
Chapter Two: Witch's Warning
Chapter Three: Plan
Chapter Four: Truce
Chapter Five: Execute Plan
Chapter Six: Gael Fallon
Chapter Seven: Comeback
Chapter Eight: Little Amber
Chapter Nine: Deal
Chapter Ten: Tea Party
Chapter Eleven: Hello Heroine
Chapter Twelve: Puppet
Chapter Thirteen: Puppeteer
Chapter Fourteen: Back to Normal
Chapter Fifteen: The Ball
Chapter Sixteen: Hidden Character
Chapter Seventeen: Masochist
Chapter Eighteen: Little Tigress
Chapter Nineteen: Game Over
Chapter Twenty : Stalker
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mother-in-law
Chapter Twenty-Three: Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Four: Yandere
Chapter Twenty-Five: School Arc
Chapter Twenty-Six: Forest Pureheart
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Galoway Town
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Infinite Bookshop
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Witch of the Counter
Chapter Thirty: Luxurie Eclipse
Chapter Thirty-One: Luna Bookstore
Chapter Thirty-Two: Clues
Chapter Thirty-Three: More Clues
Chapter Thirty-Four: Backup
Chapter Thirty-Five: Soteria's Cloak
Chapter Thirty-Six: Skeleton and Bones
Chapter Thirty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Thirty-Eight: First Day
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Seven's Past
ready?
Chapter: CLOSE

Chapter Twenty-One: Father-in-law

21.5K 871 158
By PenOverPaper

As promised!

But the other chapter is still on its way. I'll post it after an hour or so.

--
(Imagine that they're Amber and Zero. Pictures aren't mine.)

Puff!

I immediately felt my face heat up. Damn Zero and his mouth!

Price only smirked while the maid that is with him, blushed and walked away. I tried wriggling out of his grasp but Zero hugged me tighter.

"Stay still." He whispered.

I lowered my head. I'm so embarrassed I want to dig up a hole, crawl inside of it and die!

"Price, can't you see were busy? What's your business here anyways?" Zero asked again as he rubbed my head affectionately.

I growled at his statement, "Shut up!"

Price chuckled before coughing, "Well young master, your father ordered me to fetch you and your..." He suddenly looked at me, "Fiance-"

"I am not his fiance!"

"Okay then. Master ordered me to fetch you and young miss because he wants to personally meet the girl that tamed our cold master's heart."

I stayed silent.

Zero's father huh? And he wants to personally meet me?

I laughed crazily when I thought of a plan. I ignored the weird looks the two are giving me and continued laughing.

Perfect!

I've already encountered this kind of scenery in novels, dramas and games. It's the part where the girl will meet the guy's father or the guy's father will learn of their relationship. And that's where the father will disapproved of their relationship because the girl is poor and has no status and will force an arrange marriage to his son to break them apart.

In my case, if I tell them that i'm a commoner, then Zero's father will disapprove of Zero's plan on making me his fiance and do any means to break us apart.

But don't worry Zero's father 'cause I am willing to stay away from your son. Even if you don't ask me too.

"What're you laughing about?" Zero asked with a smirk.

I shook my head, "Nothing. I just thought of something."

"Hm, okay. Well then Price, did you already bring the Black Bracelet I told you?"

Price nodded before throwing an item to Zero, "Yes. Now, shall we get going?"

Zero nodded before putting something on my arm. I look at it and froze.

Black Bracelet. An item that restricts a person ability to teleport and use their element. The only way to get rid of it if the person who put it will personally take it off.

With this, I am unable to use my backup plan, which is to teleport away from this place if things got worse.

"Hm, you're smarter than I thought." I commented.

He grinned, "Because I don't want you to escape little tigress." Zero said before pinching my nose.

I slap his hand away,

"Let's just get this over with." I said before standing up and was finally free from Zero's hug.

When I went out from the room, the thing that instantly caught my attention are the well-hidden presence of five assassins.

"Who are those assassins? They sure can hide their presence." I praised.

I saw how Zero and Price widen they're eyes in admiration. Price flick his fingers and instantly five people wearing black clothes and masks appear before me.

The five bowed and kneeled, "Greetings to young master Zero and young miss."

I shrugged it off while Zero nodded his head.

"Who are they?" I asked again.

"Them? They're young master's most elite assassins. Young master ordered them to be here."

I frown, "Why?"

Price smirked, "Well, after you defeated a group of intermediate level guards, young master ordered five elite assassins to escort you because you might escape again."

"What? You guys really don't trust me?"

They stayed silent at my question. I examined the five in front of me.

"My name's Amber Trinity Scarlette. You don't have to call me young miss. And, could I fight with you guys in the future?" I beamed.

I could see how the five turned their gazes away before disappearing.

I frown, "Hey! Where did they go?! I was about to ask when is the best time to have a battle."

Zero laughed awkwardly, "They became wary of you when they saw Henry in the hospital, remeber the guy you made a panda?"

"Ooh! How is he?"

"He's still unconscious." Price replied nonchantly.

I sucked in a breath. Does my punch really hurt that much? I mean, the last guy I punch with that kind of intensity almost break his skull-

Wait, that's a bad thing. But the good thing is that Henry is only unconscious.

"Okay then, let's go head over to master's office." Price said as he led the way.

I followed them silently. Zero kept glancing at me all the way, making sure that I won't escape.

I scoffed.

After a while of walking around and kept admiring at the architectural design of the place, we finally arrived at the place.

I look at the large double doors with golden doorknobs in front of me.

Price opened the doors, revealing an office that is as large as the headmaster's office. Although this one looks a lot more simple and refreshing.

Zero went inside while Price needed to push me for me to go inside the office.

Although I expect my plan will work but who knows what will happen. After experiencing Zero's weird attitude, i'll need also to be wary of his father is weird.

The doors closed and I tried standing still beside Zero.

"Father, we're here."

The swivelling chair turned, revealing a handsome man in his 20s. He has blue eyes and grayish-blue hair and he gives off a domineering aura.

The king of... I forgot what kingdom Zero's a prince of.

"So she's the one you've been talking about you intend to marry, hm?"

Zero nodded, "Yes father."

Zero's father stood up, "My name is Castor Venice. What's your name?"

I bowed, "Your majesty, my name is Amber Trinity Scarlette. I come from Epiphyllum and i'm a humble commoner." I said proudly and waited for what Sir Castor will react.

I continued, "If you disagree with the marriage I understand if that's what your majesty thinks. I accept and am willing to let go of Zero. I know there's still someone more suited for him, not like m who is just a commoner." I said dramatically.

I waited and waited and finally Sir Castor...

Laughed?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...
18.9K 756 52
Isabella is a school girl belonging to a middle class group family. One day when she was going home after school to continue her game, on a crossroad...
8M 461K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...
10.6K 290 25
Warning : Gore, mass murderings, assassinations, tortures and inhumane actions. Read at your own risk. MC died in real world and when he regained his...