You Promised

Bởi BarbaraSuchecka

15 year old Samantha Brooks just wanted to meet her idols, The Impractical Jokers, but when she finally goes... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 18

298 9 7
Bởi BarbaraSuchecka

The next week was stressful. I was slowly losing touch with Julie, she never wanted to video chat anymore and she answered my texts with short sentences. I guess she found a newer better version of me. Every day at lunch I'd sit down at a table and wait for people to join me, if anyone walked by, I'd smile hoping for a friend, but they usually gave me a weird look and walked away.

I placed my head on the table in frustration, why is it this hard? It's not like I'm wearing something weird, we all have the same outfits on, give me a chance! Suddenly I heard a noise. Someone plopped their lunch tray at my table. Then I heard 2 more. I didn't look up yet, it was probably nothing.

"Ahem" said a male voice, I looked up. Ryan and 2 of his friends, a girl and a guy were staring at me. 

"Are you okay? You've got macaroni in your hair." said the girl, I picked out the small pieces from my hair.

"Yea, did you guys mean to sit here?" They all looked at each other and laughed

"Yes." Ryan said

"You looked a bit lonely." His second friend said while eating his food

"I'm Erin and that weird guy stuffing his face is Cory."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sam." I smiled

"Is this the same girl you said that lives in your apartment building?" asked Cory

"Yeah that's her." Ryan smiled at me

"She's cute."

I blushed.

"Don't worry, he's gay." Erin blurted out

"And she's cute." He looked back at her

"I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out after school to get to know each other better? But Cory probably is scaring you." Ryan said

"Yea sure.... oh wait crap. I think I have to work." This wasn't the first time I was regretting the job

"Oh noo." Erin exclaimed

"I can try to talk to my boss about it." I said

"It's also fine, I have soccer practice until 4." said Ryan

"Oh yes! Give me your phone."

I slid her my phone, she typed in her number and then called herself to get mine.

"Just text me if you can come."

"Wait I want her number." Cory grabbed the phone and did the same

"Ryan you too?" he asked

"I already live in the same apartment, this night creep her out."

He gave me back my phone without his number in it. I wasn't sure if he liked me or was trying to find out as much as he could about the fan that hung out with his famous uncle.

The bell rang meaning lunch was over and we all went to our next classes. From then on I didn't feel so lonely. On my way back home after school, Alfie had made friends and went over to their house, so I walked back alone. As I was entering I bumped into Q.

"Woah hey." He said

"Oops sorry."

"I keep forgetting that you live here too." He smiled

"I know right." I smiled back

Suddenly Murr came down the stairs.

"What's up Sam?" he smiled

"Just back from school, and you?"

"On my way to watch Ryan's soccer practice, he makes me go to those things, I'm not much of a sports fan, more of a runner."

"Yeah with those chicken legs? Hah!" Q laughed

"Shut up King Kong."

"Excuse me I prefer Bigfoot, you know what they say about big feet...."

"Brian!" Murr yelled

I laughed.

"....big shoes... what?"

"Anyway it's nice of you to go to Ryan's practice. You're a good uncle. My dad barely showed up to Alfie's soccer games because he was so busy working."

"Uh.. yea. Just supporting him." Murr looked awkward again

"So I'll see you around." He patted me on the back and went outside

I looked at Q.

"Every time?" I whispered

He looked like he was going to say something but instead shrugged and followed Murr out. There was definitely something going on with Ryan and I really was curious to find out. I entered the apartment and got out my homework before anything else, I was sort of a good student, I never missed a homework but somehow always did awful on quizzes and tests.

"Wow kiddo, wish Alfie was like you" said Tracy handing me a banana

"Not hungry, too busy"

"What do you have?"

"Chem and English. Lots of it."

"Already? Wow this school is tough"

"I also just want to get it over with, I made some friends and was going to hang out with them later."

"Don't you have to work?"

"It's just training."

"Sam you're not blowing off your first day. Sorry but no."

"I'm going to go but I'm going to leave early."

"No."

"It was my decision to work!"

"You're going to be fired before you even start."

"And who are you to tell me what to do?"

"When your dad isn't here I make the rules, you're going to work."

"You're not my mother!" I grabbed my stuff and went into my room.

I heard Tracy follow me.

"Sam." She knocked

"I have a lot to do, leave me alone."

"What's going on with you? Are you okay?"

I opened the door.

"I just made friends, I don't want to lose them."

"Doesn't mean you have to yell at me."

"I know, Tracy, I'm sorry."

"But you're still going to work, you can hang with your friends another day."

"Ugh fine."

I took out my phone and called Erin.

"Hey girl! You up for today?" she said

"Actually I can't I have to work."

"Aw okay I'll tell Cory and Ryan. Maybe next time then?"

"Definitely!"

"Cool bye!"

I got a notification on Instagram and being easily distracted I clicked it, from there I ended up scrolling on my feed to find a picture of Julie and some girl with the caption "she's better than you ;)" Did she mean me? Did she move on? Of course she did, I'm nothing. I threw my phone on the floor and continued to do my homework.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

27.1K 1.4K 47
Sal has always followed the influence of his friends, believing that he too was straight. However, one day, he suddenly finds out the truth. How will...
44.8K 574 44
Joe's, Brian's, Sal's, and James' lives were normal at first until a girl named Danielle came into their lives. Who will fall in love? Who will Danie...
22K 585 28
Cassie was an ordinary 35 year old girl from the UK. She's always wanted to find love, however, has never been lucky enough. That is until, she meets...
71.3K 4.8K 42
Joanna Brooks had her life all planned. She'd have graduated in time, got a great job, had a successful career. In the middle there would have been a...