Imagination BK2: The Imaginer...

By Pennator

It has been two years since Derrick found out about his powers. Now, he spends most of his time in the 'real'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Hydra attack
Chapter 2: Another Adventure
Chapter 3: A Surprise Visitor
Chapter 4: The War God
Chapter 5: Across the Ocean
Chapter 6: The Shifting Isle Part 1
Chapter 7: The Shifting Isle Part 2
Chapter 8: The Shape Shifter
Chapter 9: A New Teacher
Chapter 10: A Strange Sort of Training
Chapter 11: Day Dreaming
Chapter 13: Another Enemy
Chapter 14: Zeus the Mighty
Chapter 15: Captured
Chapter 16: Escape
Chapter 17: Reflamen the Imaginere
Chapter 18: To Truly Imagine
Chapter 19: A Proposition
Chapter 20: The Dragon Haters
Chapter 21: A Volunteer
Chapter 22: Surprise Power
Chapter 23: Getting Prepared
Chapter 24: The Telekinetic Blade
Chapter 25: One Last Gift
Chapter 26: The Two Champions
Chapter 27: The Fight Begins
Chapter 28: The Limit and Beyond
Chapter 29: The Victor
Chapter 30: A Breach in the Rules
Chapter 31: A Piece of Cake
Chapter 32: Many Things to Do
Chapter 33: Finding the Source
Chapter 34: Getting Some Help
Chapter 35: The Great Army
Chapter 36: Mobolizing
Chapter 37: Into the Darkness
Chapter 38: Tricked
Chapter 39: When All Seems Lost
Chapter 40: Power Over Imagination
Chapter 41: Anger of the Lightning King
Chapter 42: Fear
Chapter 43: Clash of Fire and Lightning
Chapter 44: Waking Up
Epilogue

Chapter 12: A Small Break

356 15 0
By Pennator

I sat under Reflamen's wing, letting the warmth of his body circle into mine. It was a cool day that day, the 'cave' had changed yet again. It was now a swamp sourt of area, with murky trees and constant rain. The Shape Shifter spent most of his time as a crocodile at the bottom of some of the deeper lakes. 

It had been two weeks since I had come to The Shape Shifter's cave. The training was extremely difficult, not in a physical way, but in a mental way. Every so often The Shape Shifter would mix himself up in the Day Dreams, distracting me, and making the image disappear. Seeing in third person was also difficult, especially with my eyes open. 

The Shape Shifter set up all sourts of ambushed and traps for me to overcome. The longest I had ever seen in third person was I was attacked by a group of wolves I had seen. It took a minute for me to loose consentration and was forced to defeat them without imagination.

There was a thunder crack in the distance. I shivered. Ever since I had heard of Zues and his determination to kill me, I had been extremely weary of lightning. Reflamen shifted slightly. It was the last half of the day, which I usually had to myself, but today there was nothing to do, so we sat there, in comfortable silence. 

Suddenly the water in front of us erupted, covering my and Reflamen in a tidle wave of water. I groaned, I really didn't want to get wet. Reflamen growled at the source. There on the bank was large crocodile, with six feet. 

"Hello," said the Shape Shifter with a toothy grin.

"Hi," I replied glumily.

"Hey," he said, "This weekend is gonna be your weekend off. You can go to your home and do whatever you want." 

"Oh" I said, surprised, "Thanks."

"Don't thank me," said the crocodile, "You deserve it."

I nodded with a smile, "Well then, we're off. Oh, what about Ares?"

"That hunk f flesh, "said the Shape Shifter with a smile, "Don't worry, I'll keep him busy."

Reflamen got up. I moved from under his wings and climbed onto his back. Reflamen opened his wings and took off into the storm.

'Finally, I get to see how my families doing,' I said with a smile.

'And I get some fresh air,' replied Reflamen with a smile.

We found the tunnel that led to the outside world pretty easily. Reflamen flew right into it. It was bigger since we last came through it and Reflamen could fly through easily. He flew for over and hour until finally we spotted light in the distance. 

It opened up, back into the island. It had changed as well, a lot like the cave inside. There was a swamp, with hundreds of crocodiles and snakes hanging of the trees. Luckily nothing attacked us and we were able to get out easily. 

Once we were over the open ocean I smiled. It had been a while since we had felt the fresh air in our face. The air inside the cave was fresh, but it just didn't feel the same. 

'How about we see how our friends are going in the other world,' I said to Reflamen.

'Good idea,' replied Reflamen, 'It would be good to see some of my dragon friends again.'

I laughed, 'You know, you should consider getting a mate, your old enough.'

'What!' replied Reflamen, I could feel his embarisment, 'No! Well, maybe...'

'See, it wouldn't be that bad,' I laughed.

Reflamen grumbled something in dragon toung. I put out my hands, and they glowed a purple colour. I shot it into the air, creating a portal to the other world. Reflamen angled in the air towards it, and flew through. A tingling feeling went through both of us, and when we came out we were no longer over the see, but flying over a vast forest. 

I smiled, I had always felt safe here. Reflamen turned in the air. In the distance, Dead Mountain stuck out like a saw thumb. Reflamen flapped once and we were off towards it. We always used Dead Mountain as a referance point if we got to far.

I created the portals so that whenever they took me to the equivalent on our world. Brunstown was where the capital was. We flew for nearly two hours before we finally crossed over the mountain. People still lived there, namely Charole and her father. Reflamen swooped down and landed on the landing pad.

Lilly, Charole's dragon, was already there. She was excited to see us again, by the looks of it. 

'Where have you guys been?' She yelled at us, bounding over, 'We haven't seen you in nealy three weeks.'

'Sorry, I was busy in the other world,' I said with a smile.

'Well, Charole will be here soon,' She looked at the sky, 'Do you think we'll be able to get to the capitol before night? We were going ot go there anyway.' 

I nodded, looking at the sky, "If we fly fast enough."

Lilly had always been a relatively small dragon, she was bigger then when Oreman was still around, about the size of a large van, now she was more or less the size of a small house. Charole ran into the clearing, out of breath. 

"Derrick!" she cried out.

I smiled at her as we met with a hug, "How have you been?"

"We have you been!" she shot back, "It's been nearly three weeks since we last saw each other."

"I was busy in the other world," I replied.

"For three weeks!" she cried out.

"Well, for two weeks but that other time I was in the capitol," I replied.

She nodded, "Well, never do that again!"

I laughed, "Come on, we better get going if we want to get to Taknor before night comes."

Charole glared at me, before running up to Lilly and leeping onto her back.

"I bet we'll be the first ones there!" she called out.

Lilly opened her wings and they were off, shooting from the ground like and arrow from a bow. I sighed and ran up to Reflamen.

"Let's get going!" I said.

Reflamen shot off after them. We soon caught up, but after that we were more or less equal in speed. After an hour of flying we finally arrived at Taknor. Reflamen shot past Lilly and landed with a thump on the landing platform on the castle, causing cracks to run through it. Lilly landed soon after.

There was a man who was supposed to control the traffic landing on the platform came over to us.

"Hey!" he yelled, "How many times do I have to tell you NOT to land like that on the platform."

"Relaxe," I said with a smile, "I'll fix it."

"You better," he growled.

I put out my hand and the cracks stitched themselves together. The man watched me with a suspicous expression.

"Good," he said, "Now get out of here, you dragons can go to the stables."

'Go,' I said to Reflamen.

Reflamen nodded and took off, Lilly close behind. I smiled at the man, then we walked down off the platform and into the castle. We talked on the way down the steps. She told me of a mission she had gone on a few days before, and was now coming to tell Rogan about her success. 

I told her about my training and what I had learnt about imaginering and the imagineres. She seemed surprised about that, there were more people like me. 

"Well," she said, "Loooks like there are some more poeple you need to take care of them. They don't seem like a good lot."

I laughed, "They aren't."

We made our way to the throne room.

"Hey," I said, "Do you know how Derrick and Shadowrang are doing?"

"There alright," she said, "I think Derrick's in the city at the moment, returning from another successful mission."

I laughed, "Is he now."

She nodded glumly, "He always gets the more exciting missions, and he always succeeds, which is so annoying, it's unfair."

I shrugged.

"Yeah, you wouldn't care," she snorted, "You can just create your own missions."

"Yeah," I replied, "Well how about I give you one."

"Really!" she said excited.

"Yep, just not yet," I said, "When I leave you'll get one."

She nodded. I opened the door and walked into the throne room. Rogan was sitting there, bored. Derrick was at the table, his legs up, and there were a few other people, on making a speech. As soon as I barged in the all turned to look at me. 

"Hey!" I said with a smile.

A few of the council members groaned. Most of them hated me because I always barged into there 'private meetings' and fix everything. 

"What's wrong this time?" I said.

"Nothing!" said one of the council membors venomisly.

"There had been an attack on one of the towns," said Rogan, "It appears to be a dragon but where not to sure. The town is asking for some extra troops and want there whole village fixed. We are deciding whether or not to do it."

"That's easy," I said with a smile..

Closing my eyes, I imagined the town, buildings on fire and the people crowded in the centre. Suddenly the village transformed, good as new. The people in the middle blinked in surprise, one of them cried out. 

Soldiers came from one of the side streets. The people cheared, most probably extremely surprised at what had happened. I opened my eyes, looking at the council members with a smile. 

"There you go," I said, "All done, and I even sent someone after the dragon. Council dismissed!"

With that the council members got up, grumbling. They walked through the door, many of them glaring at me. Derrick stayed behind. I walked over to the table and sat next to him.

"Thank goodness at that," said Rogan, "That council had been going on for ages."

I laughed, "Must have been boring."

"So," said Derrick, "You're finally back, where have you been?"

I quickly explained all that had happened over the past few weeks. The others were also surprised, except Rogan.

"So there were mor like you," he said with a smile.

"You were right," I replied with a smile, "And I might need your help as well."

Rogan nodded, "You will. They are more powerful then I expected though."

"Well," I said, "Enough of that, I have two days then I'm going to head back to The Shape Shifter's place."

"Well, we better no waste it," said Derrick with a smile, "I want to see how good you've gotten, we haven't spared in a long time."

"Good idea," I said with a smile, "But tomorrow, its dark outside."

With that we all made our way out of the throne room. I said good night to all of them before going out to Reflamen, I prefered to sleep with him over a bed. I couldn't wait for the next day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! New chapter! I hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you did. I'll post the next chapter soon, until then See Ya!

Pennator^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844 88 23
---Book 2 in the Godling Trilogy ---- [COMPLETE ORIGINAL NOVEL] Lea Reclin has just saved the world, but the world doesn't know it and never will. Le...
5 34 34
Ragnarok-aka the end of the world-was supposed to doom the gods as well. Instead, it was a cosmic rebooting. Now low-level IT tech and comic-book gee...
1 0 1
A man with a seriously messed up life and a load of mental problems made a lot of mistakes in his life but one stands above the rest. The story is ab...
1.2K 69 14
In an alternate timeline, the human race found a way to create superpowers. By extracting energy from stars and inserting that energy into humans, 'p...