Bat-Bogey Hexers

By sandpipergirl

Ginny Weasley is a bright, vivacious girl born into a loving family. Despite seeming small, and helpless Ginn... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Cast
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Authors Note
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Authors Note
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
97
98
99
100
Acknowledgements
Sequel

96

276 16 23
By sandpipergirl

There are some things you can't go through without becoming friends, and being lost in the forbidden then fighting off a herd of angry acromantulas is one of them. Although Ginny and Viola say anything about it, there was an understanding between the two that from now on the Bat-Bogey Hexers would be friends.

They weren't best friends, nor was it likely they ever would be, but they now would talk between classes, pair up occasionally in Herbology and greet each other in passing.

Hugo, Ava, and Clemi were shocked at Viola's sudden retraction of the grudge she'd held against Ginny for years.

At breakfast the day after the girls' trip into the forest (which found all the teenagers very tired after their long night ) Hugo said, "So just let me get this straight, you don't hate Ginny anymore?"

Viola shook her head with a yawn.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" asked Clemi.

Viola shrugged her shoulders, then resigned herself to trying to explain.

"It's just that, I dunno, for a moment I was just going to leave Ginny to be eaten by the spiders, because I was too scared to help her. But then I realized I couldn't do that. And then I helped Ginny by stupefying the spider and I guess I just realized that I've been stupid," said Viola.

Hugo scratched his head. "I'm gonna pretend I understand you."

Viola just felt that when she went back to help Ginny, it had been like making a decision. The decision that she would no longer hold a grudge against Ginny. Now it would just take learning to accept her own faults, and not taking her anger at them out on other people.

And Ginny, the red-head being as kind as she was fierce, forgave her readily.

But Viola didn't feel it necessary to tell Hugo this. All that really mattered for now was that all was well between the Slytherin and the Gryffindor.

🦇🦇🦇

Nine days after Viola's birthday, which fell on the 11th of February, the Second Task of the Triwizard Tournament arrived.

The morning of, Ginny couldn't find Ron anywhere. Nor had she seen Hermione or Harry either.

After putting her hair in braids, and dressing warmly, Ginny headed down to breakfast.

"Have you see Ron anywhere?" Ginny asked Fred and George.

She say down next to them at the Gryffindor table. Both twins shook their ginger topped heads.

"Not since last night when we brought him and Hermione to McGonagall's office," said George.

Ginny frowned. "Why'd you bring them there?"

"Ol' Minerva wanted them," said George with a shrug.

"But why?" asked Ginny.

"We dunno," said Fred giving a shrug almost identical to George's. "She looked pretty grim though."

"They must've been in trouble, I suppose," said George.

"But . . . Usually Harry is in trouble with them," said Ginny. "Besides, where are they now? They can't still be in McGonagall's office!"

"Maybe she locked them in the dungeon," suggested Fred.

"Yeah, them and Snape had a sleepover," sniggered George.

The twins got up. Fred patted an annoyed Ginny on the head.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much Gin," said Fred. "They'll turn up."

After breakfast, Ginny headed down to the lake where the second task was being held. The seats that had been used in the first task were now surrounding the lake. Ginny headed up them with her usual group of Gryffindors (minus Colin as he and Dennis were still back in the castle, trying to finish up a Potter Will Slaughter sign they'd been working on since the night before).

The judges, including Percy (who was taking Crouch's place) were sitting at a gold-tablecloth draped table by the waters edge. The champions were standing by that table, or most of them were.

"Where is Harry?" Ginny asked, immediately noticing he wasn't present.

"I don't know," said Vera, looking concerned.

Everyone around them seemed to be murmuring the very same question; where is Harry Potter?

Suddenly Harry came streaking toward the judges table, his rumpled robes flapping behind him. He looked like he had just woke up; his hair was sticking up in every direction and his glasses were askew. Ginny was relieved to see him, but she still couldn't see Ron and Hermione anywhere. She would have to assume they were just lost in the crowd of students and teachers filling the stadiums.

After Harry had caught his breath, Ludo Bagman spaced the champions along the bank. Harry was on the very end of the line.

Bagman magically magnified his voice, then and announced that the champions had exactly an hour to retrieve what had been taken from them.

"On the count of three then," called Bagman. "One . . . Two . . . three!"

He blew a whistle and the stands erupted with cheers and applause.

Ginny sympathized with the champions as they went striding into the dark water. Harry had to take off his shoes first, so he was a little late wading into the lake. The other champions quickly dove beneath the surface, but Harry went into his waist. People began to laugh as Harry stood there, shivering. Ginny glowered at the people who were making fun of him, and and silently urged Harry to just go under. Ginny knew how cold that water was, and she knew he would do himself no favors by staying half-submerged.

As if Harry had heard Ginny's thoughts, Harry clutched his throat as if he couldn't breath, then flung himself into the water.

It was several seconds after Harry submerged that everyone realized how awkward and boring this task was going to be for the audience. All they had to do was stand there and stare at the black surface, waiting for something to happen. Everyone quickly grew restless and began talking among themselves, betting who was going to win, and just trying to pass the time. Fred and George started passing out their fake wands for people to entertain themselves with.

Ginny spotted Viola, Ava, Hugo and Clemi standing not too far off. Ginny decided she would go talk to them for a while.

"Hey," said Ginny, as she sat down on the bench beside Viola. Viola looked around in surprise, then smiled.

"Exciting task, huh?" said Hugo.

"Yeah," laughed Ginny, "Enthralling. Who do think is going to win this task?"

"Cedric, of course," said Hugo robustly.

Clemi gave a small, sharp nod of agreement.

"I'm rooting for Harry," said Viola quietly.

"Obviously so am I," said Ginny.

"Well I certainly hope it's someone from Hogwarts," said Ava.

"I certainly sympathize with them," said Ginny with a grin. "Having to go swimming in that water!"

Viola gave an awkward laugh and looked vaguely guilty.

"I feel kind of bad about that-" started Viola.

Ginny quickly cut in. "Don't feel bad. That's all water under the bridge."

"Very cold water," said Viola with a small smile.

The four third years and the 2nd year began to discuss the exams which were coming in June.

"I'm certainly interested to see what Mad-Eye will throw at us," said Ginny.

Ava shivered and Viola nodded in agreement.

"As long as he doesn't do anything too horrid," said Ginny, "And make anyone upset."

"Let's not think about exams," said Hugo, "Let's think about the third task instead! It's bound to be exciting!"

So their topic of conversation switched directions and they began wildly scheming about what the third task would be like.

It was nearing the end of the hour time-limit when Ludo Bagman cried, "Look!"

As one, the crowd turned to look at the lake. The black surface of the lake rippled, and then two heads emerged.

"Mr.Diggory has returned!" Ludo Bagman yelled. Ginny barely heard the rest of the announcement as Hugo started screaming in excitement. "And I believe that is Miss Cho Chang with him."

For a moment Ginny was very confused   as to why Cho Chang was in the water, then she realized - she was what Cedric would miss most. 

Ginny's mind suddenly created a picture where it was her and Harry emerging triumphantly from the water rather than Cedric and Cho. She imagined Bagman announcing "And here is Potter! And along with Ginny Weasley, the thing he would miss most!"

Ginny was suddenly whacked in the head by Hugo who had started waving his hat around in celebration, which brought an end to Ginny's pleasant day dream.

"Oh, sorry!" cried Hugo. He didn't stop waving his hat around.

Ginny fell rather silent, her eyes on the water as she began to wonder, with much curiosity, who was the person Harry would miss most?

Krum was the next to arrive, with a shark head which quickly morphed into his human head. Ginny was shocked when she realized who it was Viktor Krum would miss most.

"Hermione!" Ginny cried as she saw her and Krum helped out of the water and on to the bank.

So that was why Hermione had to go to McGonagall the night before! So that meant, unless Ron was waiting to be rescued by Fleur Delacor, that Ron was who Harry would miss most. Somehow that made Ginny very happy.

A sudden tap on her shoulder made Ginny look around. It was Michael Corner.

"Hey, want to come sit with me Anthony and Terry?" asked Michael.

"Oh, sure," said Ginny.

She bid Viola, Clemi and Hugo goodbye, then went to sit with the three Ravenclaw boys.

Fluer was next to arrive. She was already in tears as she climbed out of the water. The crowd gave a collective gasp as they realized she was without a hostage.

Then all they had to wait for was Harry. He finally emerged with not one, but two hostages. And one had a head of red-hair.

Ginny jumped from her seat, clapping wildly.

"Why does he have two hostages?" Michael asked rather sourly.

After the champions and hostages were all given warm towels and were examined by Madam Pomfrey, Dumbledore conversed with a merman in loud screeching noises then the points were announced.

Ginny cheered along with all the other Gryffindors as Harry was announced as tying for first place with Cedric Diggory.

___________________

A/N: hey guys! Thanks for reading, as always! Above is the song King by Lauren Aquilina. It just fits Viola really well in this point of the story.

Also, I'd really like my readers opinions on this matter, was Viola and Ginny's friendship a little anti-climatic? If so I'll have to go back and do some editing. I kind of think something needs to be added into the chapter before this . . . Viola going back to help Ginny was supposed to be the turning point in the relationship, but I'm not sure I pulled it off right.

But before I do that, I just really want to focus on finishing the story. My goal is to finish the story on September 30th (or earlier if I can), and with four chapters to go, I think I am going to make it!

And, I may have mentioned this before, but I am planning a sequel!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 469 39
If every person we loved leave us, could we make our mind to love anyone? Either you love them so they can leave, or you don't love them so they won'...
26K 487 7
" The only thing you're doing to yourself is getting your hopes up for no reason! " " And the only thing you're ...
46.8K 791 34
||COMPLETED|UNDER EDITING|| Sure, you've all heard of the all famous Harry Potter and how he found the Sorcerer's Stone, discovered the Chamber of...
2.3K 55 20
Ginny Weasley is very well known through Harry's story as the youngest Weasley child, and the only girl. She's known as an amazing quidditch player...