Bat-Bogey Hexers

By sandpipergirl

Ginny Weasley is a bright, vivacious girl born into a loving family. Despite seeming small, and helpless Ginn... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
Cast
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Authors Note
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Authors Note
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Acknowledgements
Sequel

91

226 21 13
By sandpipergirl

Nor did they see Hagrid at all over the next couple of weeks.

"I hope he's okay," Viola kept saying.

They even went down to his hut one evening, but there was no reply when Hugo knocked on the door. So there wasn't much they could do about it.

On January 17th, there was another trip into Hogsmeade.

It was cold and wet out, so they bundled up accordingly.

Hugo was just pulling a blue hat on top of his dark brown curls, when his eyes suddenly narrowed across the entrance hall.

"Oh look, it's arse head," he said.

His words were referring to Ben Cameron. The older Gryffindor boy was heading out with a bunch of friends.

In the two weeks since Viola had told Hugo that story, he hadn't stopped saying rude things about Ben.

The other day Hugo'd pulled out his wand like he was going to hex him, but Viola stopped him.

"You're right," said Hugo, "you don't need me to defend you! Go on Viola, do your bat-bogey hexing stuff!"

But Viola had just shook her head.

"Hugo, can you please stop swearing," said Ava, who was tightly wrapped in a Slytherin scarf. "It just sounds bizarre coming out of your mouth."

Hugo put an arm around Ava.

"Miss Scarlett, in most cases, I would agree with you," said Hugo, "Normally in against it, but there are just some people and no words work better to describe them than swear words!"

"Let's just go," said Viola. She was done talking talking Ben.

The three of them headed out of the castle. They weren't far behind Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Viola stared at the back of Harry's head.

"Blimey, look at Viktor Krum!" said Hugo unexpectedly.

Viola looked around and was surprised to see Hugo pointing at the lake. Viola's mouth fell open when she saw a skinny Viktor Krum in swim shorts standing on the dock in the frigid cold air.

"Oh my goodness!" gasped Ava a moment later when Viktor went diving into the water.

"Blimey!" said Hugo, "He's insane!"

Ava shivered involuntarily, and hugged herself as if she was the one who had just dove in.

"That take a lot of nerve," said Viola, "I wonder what on earth inspired him to do such a thing! The water must be below freezing!"

They continued on their way into the village, still talking about how cold the water must be, and how insane Viktor Krum had to be to go into it.

They visited Zonko's, filled up with candy at Honeydukes, then were on their way to the Three Broomsticks when Viola saw something that made her day turn in a direction it had previously not been going.

It was a group of Gryffindors, all of them third years. There was Wish, Pamela, Peggy, Vera, Colin and some other boys Viola couldn't name. Then at the very back of the group was Ginny Weasley walking along side none other than Michael Corner.

Viola's previous smile fell. And she couldn't help but send Ginny a little glare as she walked past her.

Viola didn't say a thing as she and her friends headed into the three broomsticks. Her and Hugo found a table while Ava went to go get drinks.

"What made you go sour all of a sudden?" asked Hugo, noticing what a bad mood Viola seemed to be in. "Is it 'cause we saw Ginny?"

"You know I still need to think of a dare for her," said Viola, not answering his question. "it's been weeks and I still haven't thought of a good one . . . And it's got to be a really good one!"

🦇🦇🦇

In the few weeks since the Yule Ball, Ginny had seen Michael Corner quite frequently. Wether it was the halls, or at meals, they just kept running into each other. So it came as no surprise when they chanced to meet in Hogsmeade one weekend.

Ginny was looking at some shelves of candy when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

Ginny whirled around to find Michael grinning at her.

"Hey," he said.

"Oh, hi," said Ginny, "What're you doing here?"

"Same as you," said Michael with a shrug, "Just hanging out with my friends - unless that's not why your here. I mean for all I know you could be on a date or . . . "

Michael had his hands in his pockets and was looking at her expectantly from beneath questioning eyebrows.

"Nope, just here with friends," said Ginny.

And precisely at that moment Colin called to Ginny from across the shop.

"Ginny, come on! We're leaving!"

Him and the others were by the door.

"Oh, and that's them," said Ginny, "I guess we're leaving. Feel free to come if you'd like."

"Really?" asked Michael.

"Sure, why not?" said Ginny, "Your friends are allowed to come as well, wherever they are."

Ginny had made the acquaintance of Michaels good friends Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein only a few days ago. They were both very nice.

"Eh, they probably don't want to," said Michael. "I'll just tag along."

"Alright," said Ginny with a shrug.

And the two set off after the rest of Ginny's friends. Ginny was quite glad Michael tagged along. She enjoyed talking to him. He was very smart, and had a lot of passion for quidditch, despite the fact that he didn't play.

Ginny hung back from her group of friends unintentionally, talking avidly with Michael all the way through the village and up to the castle.

🦇🦇🦇

Viola and her friends only stayed a little while at Three Broomsticks before departing for the castle. Hugo kept a bottle of butterbeer warm for Clemi in his armpit.

"Hugo, that's disgusting," said Ava, "Clemi probably won't even want it now!"

"What? Why?" demanded Hugo, "It's not even in my actual armpit! I've got a coat on for goodness sake!"

"It might not even keep it warm," said Ava.

"Yeah it will!" said Hugo, "This is what my dad does to warm up the butter when he's baking!"

"Remind me never to eat bake goods at your house."

Viola remained silent as her friends bickered good heartily. She looked down at her boots, scuffing up snow with her toe. Her mind was hard at work. She had to think of a dare for Ginny Weasley . . . She'd almost forgot all about it until now . . .

They passes the lake. Hugo said, "Hey I wonder if Viktor Krum froze or not!"

"Well I certainly hope not," said Ava, her eyes wide.

"Me too," said Hugo, "But the water must be so cold!"

Ava nodded in agreement.

"I'll bet you a sickle Viktor Krum froze to death in the Great Lake today," said Hugo.

"I bet you a galleon he didn't," said Ava.

"What makes you so sure?" asked Hugo.

Ava raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hugo, you have seen the mobs of girls that follow him around, have you not?" asked Ava, "If Viktor Krum froze to death, we would know it. All his fan-girls would be by the lake sobbing. I guarantee it."

"Viola what do you - Viola?"

Hugo had looked around to ask Viola's opinion, only to discover she wasn't even with them anymore.

She was standing about fifteen feet behind, just staring at the Great Lake, her jaw slack.

Ava turned too look at their friend as well. She frowned in concern.

"Viola?" said Hugo uncertainly. "Viola?"

Viola jumped and looked around at them.

She said, "I know what I'm going to dare Ginny to do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 1.2K 20
Alain Weasley is in Gryffindor just any of her other siblings but just like her twin sister Ginny, she also had a huge crush on harry but not just a...
37.4K 549 35
Hello, lovely readers! Here lies a collection of harry potter characters (x female! reader) one-shots that I have written over time. I mainly writ...
646 50 9
❝freddie, focus on the letter. your grammar's atrocious.❞ ❝you know i can't focus when you sit so close to me.❞ arabella sayer is unusual. not quirky...
918 28 27
Lia Jones was just like any other Gryffindor. A smart, talented and confident half blood witch, in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Her mother Hestia, a...