Out Running the Alpha

By JordynnCanelis

Britney's life has always been different moving being shuffled through the foster system with her twin Brando... More

The Beginning
Two truths and One Lie
A Star Wars Rerun
An unfortunate event
A Beast or Prince Charming
Clueless
It's Not the Freaking Bachelorette
The Worst Date Ever
The Man Who Would Be King
Characters
Gone Girl
The Beast of Gevaudan
Et Tu Brutus
Grayson's P.O.V
Everythings Not As It Seems
Que the Tragic Backstory
He's Back and She's Gone
Bastien's P.O.V
Just A Girl Standing In Fron Of A Boy
Damn Your Love, Damn Your Lies
The Beginning of the End
Family Matters
Masons P.O.V
This is How a Heart Breaks
Just a Fool
Unflattering Truths
A Gilded Cage
The kindly Ones
Monster Mash
Out Of The Frying Pan
Into the Fire
Wonder Woman Wanna Be
Battle Cry
Unavoidable Loss

Once Bitten and Twice Shy

1.2K 84 12
By JordynnCanelis

"It's time," Victor said.

"Now?" I asked startled.

"Yes it's a perfect time," Victor said taking my hand "With all the Weres here it'll be easy to slip away without being noticed for a while, but we have to go now. I have a car parked on the edge of the property". We walked quickly through the compound and to the other side of the property where sure enough a mid-sized black sedan was parked.

We got inside and I was so relieved I started to cry. "Thank you," I said as we sped away "Thank you so much and I'm sorry about what happened to you".

"It's not your fault," Victor said not looking at me "You're a victim here too. You begged him for mercy and then he made you watch a deathmatch instead".

I nodded embarrassed that I had almost fallen for Bastien's bullshit. We drove the rest of the way in silence until we reached a small airstrip with a private plane waiting for us. Glancing over my shoulder I looked for any sign that we had been followed as I frantically ran onto the plane with Victor. As the plane took off I sobbed relieved to finally be away from Bastien. I had lost hope that I would ever get to go home and see Greyson or my family again.

Unfortunately the farther we got from Oregon the more my mark began to burn. By now Bastien would have felt that I was gone, but it didn't matter. In a couple of hours, I would be back with my family and I could work on severing the bond. I shuddered remembering the vision that I had had of Bastien and Greyson facing off. I hoped that I was wrong, but I had a sinking feeling that that vision might be closer to coming true than I hoped.

When we landed there my dad, Greyson, and Greyson's dad were waiting for us on the tarmac. I ran into my father's arms ignoring the gravel that was cutting my still bare feet. My father wrapped his arms tightly around me. "I thought I'd lost you forever," he said gruffly and I realized that he was fighting back the tears. I laughed at my big gruff father crying giddy from finally being home. I hadn't realized how much this felt like home until now and I was glad to be back.

Finally, my father let go and we walked to his car. Greyson grabbed my hand, but I noticed how tense he looked. I realized how the dress I was wearing showed off the mark Bastien had given me and I realized how hard this must be for Greyson. Here I was the girl he had thought was his mate covered in another Weres scent and bearing his mark.

Once we got back to my father's house Greyson took me into our backyard where we sat down on the swing bench. "I'm so sorry," I said cutting through the silence unsure of what to say.

He looked at me surprised "You don't have anything to be sorry for. I'm the one who couldn't protect you".

"True, but he claimed me as his property" I sobbed the mark on my neck throbbing "After I tried to escape Bastien bit me and there was nothing I could do". I shivered remembering that night and Greyson put his arms around me holding me close to him. I noticed that he was breathing in my scent deeply and as he did so he relaxed slightly.

"Did he force himself on you?" Greyson asked letting go of me. I flushed remembering how I had practically thrown myself at him and shook my head. Greyson sagged in relief. "I'm so glad that you're back," he said leaning in he kissed me gently. A warm tingle went down my spine and I kissed him back. I felt so safe in his arms I never wanted to leave.

Unfortunately, Greyson broke off the kiss "There is something I need to tell you" he said slowly. I sniffled nodding and Greyson wiped my tears away. "Bastien was your true mate" he started and I cut him off.

"He can't be" I cut in hoping that Greyson was lying "He's a monster".

"Please just listen," Greyson said not unsympathetically. "Your father told me that Baudin females can have two true mates. Bastien is your mate, but so am I".

I sat there shocked. I was thrilled that Greyson was my mate, but horrified that Bastien was. I guess deep down I had been hoping that Bastien wasn't my mate. What must that say about me if my mate was such a monster? "Is there anything we can do? To get rid of the bond between me and Bastien?".

"As far as I know the only way is to kill Bastien, but there is more to this," Greyson said sadly. "If we don't break the bond then the world could descend into another dark age," Greyson said slowly.

"What that doesn't make sense?" I said confused.

"I guess this has happened before and each time one of the two mates is evil and if you choose the evil mate then the world is plunged into another dark age" Greyson wrapped his arms around me as I started to shake.

"But I didn't choose Bastien. I didn't choose any of this" I said starting to tear up again.

"Unfortunately I don't think it works that way" Greyson patted my back.

"Well then let's kill Bastien," I said steelily "I don't want to be the reason that the world gets plunged into another dark age. Even though that doesn't make sense I don't want to take the chance that I might be the downfall of humanity".

"That brings me to another little hiccup" Greyson ran a hand through his hair "If I kill Bastien severing the bond it could kill you too".

"That's a risk I'm willing to take," I said firmly. I wasn't going to stay tethered to a monster. My life wasn't worth risking every the future of humanity.

"I can't let you do that" Greyson said horrified.

I sighed exhausted "Ok. Can you explain why killing Bastien would kill me?". If I knew why this might happen then maybe we could find a way to stop it.

"When a true mate marks his mate it bonds their souls together. To kill one breaks the bond ripping the souls apart. It's the shock at the loss of the bond that can kill the surviving bond-mate" Greyson said sadly.

"What if you claimed me," I asked shyly after a moment. I looked at him nervously through my lashes. He was looking at me curiously.

After what felt like a lifetime Greyson smiled "I think that could work". He picked me up spinning and we both laughed joyously as he set me back down on the bench. I breathed out a sigh of relief glad to see how truly happy Greyson looked.

"So do we just?" I asked unsure of what to say I tilted my head leaving the other side of my neck exposed for him. I didn't know what this would be like to do this voluntarily.

Greyson shook his head sadly "No we're not going to do this here. This is supposed to be a special and sacred moment not just something carelessly done in a backyard". I ducked my head ashamed remembering how Bastien had marked me. The pain and the fear that I had felt followed by unwanted pleasure. "Hey," Greyson said noticing my embarrassment "What Bastien did to you was not your fault and no one should blame you for it. I just want tonight to be special for you. You've been through so much and deserve to have a nice night".

I grinned widely. "Are you asking me out on a date" I waggled my eyebrows teasing him.

"Why yes I am Miss Baudin" He chuckled kissing me on the cheek. I'll pick you up at five O'clock tonight" he kissed my cheek before running off.

I laughed heading back inside. I looked at the time to see that it was three o'clock in the morning. Heading upstairs I collapsed into the first truly peaceful sleep I had had in awhile.

When I woke up I saw Olivia and Ava hovering over my bed. I screamed in shock and they squealed excitedly. "Good you're awake," Olivia said tugging me out of bed "We have so much to do".

Ava swatted Olivia "I think what she meant to say was that we're so glad that you're back home and safe".

I laughed so happy to see my friends again. "Yes, of course, we're glad that you're back, but rumor has it Greyson is going to mark you tonight".

"Oh yeah he is he's my mate" I shrugged self consciously. As much as I loved Olivia and Ava I knew that this would lead to questions about Bastien that I didn't want to answer right now.

"Well I'm going to make sure that you look amazing," Olivia said firmly dragging me into my closet. She pulled out a bunch of formal dresses that we had originally gotten when I was going to have to choose a mate. It felt weird thinking back to that time. I was a different person then. Olivia finally settled on a short grey cocktail dress with silver embroidered flowers on it and a loose tulle skirt. It was incredibly beautiful and delicate, but I felt odd about dressing up after everything that had happened. I guess if this was what Greyson wanted I would do it.

I let Olivia put my hair into a loose artfully messy bun and silver strappy shoes. I felt a little bit like a modern Cinderella. Finally, Olivia was done with my makeup and it was almost five o'clock. "There you're done," Ada said happily "Now go get your man and be sure to tell us all about it later".

Greyson was waiting for me downstairs. His face lit up when he saw me coming downstairs. He was dressed in a suit and a jewelry box in his hand. He opened it up to reveal a beautiful diamond necklace. "I thought this would be a nice gift since we're going to be starting our lives together," he said placing the necklace around my neck. And with that, we left on our first date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Hey Guys hope you all enjoyed the chapter! As always please comment and vote! Shout outs to @ilovekpop5000 @tuesdayo and @MelissaMayer6 :) For your chance at a shout out comment and vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 324 51
In a world marked by magic, darkness, and so much blood. Kayla, a teen wolf, is stuck in an underground silver dungeon because of her family's mis...
173K 5.4K 19
"Just say it." He demanded. His breath trickled down my neck letting my pores lap it all up. "You know you want to, Camille." My body hates him ever...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
576K 14.5K 25
Selena is a mute girl who was captured by rouges at a young age. After running into the woods away from her family. She's human or so she thought she...