§: It's A Love/Hate Thing, Ho...

By Riela_pollie

Stephen Tylline and Leah Valley finally got married without any problems. They are now, Mr. and Mrs. Tylline... More

Chapter 1 - Do You Trust Me?
Chapter 2 - The Flight from Hell
Chapter 3 - One-sided Love
Chapter 4 - Do You Remember..
Chapter 5 - When Love Surprises You
Chapter 6 - My Camera Never Lies.
Chapter 7 - Nobody Said Loving You Was Easy.
Chapter 8 - Tonight, I'll Show You How Much I Love You
Chapter 9 - I'll Never Let You Go
Chapter 11 - Drink up my hearties, Yo' Ho.
Chapter 12 - Let Fate Decide.
Chapter 13 - A Sin Is A Crime Which Must Be Paid

Chapter 10 - I Will Protect You

9K 104 20
By Riela_pollie

Chapter 10 - I Will Protect You

............................

(RECAP)

Annie's POV

We had another laughing fit. This time, it's not going to stop for fifteen minutes. Not if the images in my head is going to keep playing the scene over and over. I laughed my ass off, “I'm.. gonna.. die.. of laughter!” I laughed hysterically again when I imagined it in my head.

“I don't care anymore..” Matt cried and dramatically sobbed pathetically like a girl.

We were getting weird looks from other people but we didn't care. There is no stopping us from laughing. Not after what just happened.

What a great start of our summer break.

…...................

Leah's POV

It was later that evening. We stayed in the living room to watch the classic psychological horror movie called, 'The Blair Witch Project.' We, no, I chose that movie because it's a perfect movie to watch on summer night. I grinned like a Cheshire Cat, feeling mischief coming on.

“It can't be helped. She won at rock-paper-scissors.” Keith said, pushing up his glasses and holding a book with his other hand. He may look cool with it, but his sweat drop of nervousness says otherwise.

Matt sat on the sofa next to Keith with his arms crossed, sulking like an annoyed brat, “Who was the idiot that choose rock-paper-scissors?! Why not play cards or a dare game?!” he said, fuming with fury and annoyance.

“You.” Keith said, rudely point his finger at him, “Now, repent, Number 99.”

Matt popped a vein, “Shut up, dork. Stop bringing up my past test score!”

I laughed, “Now, now. Matt, I chose it. Deal with it.”

Annie whined, “Leaaah, please choose a different movie! You know I hate horror movies! They make me scream and pee my pants.”

I shrugged, “All the more reason to watch that movie. Kylie's immune to horror movies. Look at her eyes sparkling with excitement.” I said, pointing at Kylie smiling widely in anticipation.

Annie rubbed her headaches away, “Seriously, how can a sweet girl like Kylie like horror movies...” She said rhetorically, sighing her soul away.

Kylie said, “But, It's amusing.”

Skeptic Annie said, “Only you and Leah think that. Honestly, I'm baffled.”

Stephen yelled out from our master bedroom, “Guys! Help me get the pillows and blankets!” The boys went there to help Stephen out. Annie took Kylie to the kitchen to prepare some popcorn I bought. I was gonna join them, but my phone in my pocket rang.

I took the call, “Leah Tylline speaking.” I said. It surprised me how I could say it so casually. I'd expect myself to say Leah Valley and not used to saying Leah Tylline like changing from old year to new year.

So, you're finally a Tylline, huh.” He said.

I recognize that deep manly voice. I would recognize that voice anywhere, “Hi, Seth.” I smiled, suddenly feeling nostalgic. His deep chuckle through the phone made me blush a little. I sat on the sofa, legs crossed and a pillow on me, “'Sup, Seth? How's little Daniel?”

He's fine. Just... a little noisy.” He replied with a deep chuckle. I could hear little Daniel crying on the phone, “I can't get a hold of Stephen on the phone. I tried calling him but he didn't answer.”

“Oh, that. Stephen had a... minor accident involving his phone earlier.” I snickered. Stephen forgot to take out his phone when he went diving on the piling rocks with the boys. “Long story. What is it?”

Uh..” He hesitated, sounding uncertain, “-I'm not really sure if it's something I should tell you...

Seth's POV

I was sitting in my small home office with tons of documents laid out on the front. My wife is looking after Daniel in his baby room upstairs because I was too busy working on a case. I decided to call Tylline because I found something out and I wanted him to confirm it.

Leah said, “Since when did you guys become so close enough to keep a secret?”. I could imagine her cocking an eyebrow and grinning.

I sighed, “Leah, could you please pass the phone to Stephen?” I sternly asked, hoping she take a hint. If I tell Leah, who knows what she would do. I'd already promised Tylline that I wouldn't tell her before him. The silence between us was uncomfortable, even on the phone. “Leah?” I whispered, anxiety kicking in.

It's okay.” I heard a pause. It wasn't hesitation. I could almost tell she was smiling. Not with mischief nor amusement. “I take it it's about my secret admirer?”

Eyes widened with surprised, I asked, “How did you-? Did he already tell you?”

I heard her laughed as though the stalker matter is nothing, “No.” She said. I lumped my head with regret, thinking she tricked me. She continued, “It's good he didn't. I don't want to discuss it with him. He will end up getting angry with me because... I honestly don't care about the stalker.”

“Leah, you don't know what this girl is capable of!” I said, raising my voice. She may be tough, but not so tough when she's carrying a child. I have to protect her at all cost.

Aw, Seth. I know you're doing this for me and the baby's sake, but please drop it. It's not worth wasting your time.”

I sighed, rubbing my forehead, “Leah, you have to understand. You're pregnant. If this woman comes near you-”

“It will be fine.” she said, sounding gentle as she interrupted me, “I already met her.”

“What?!” I exclaimed in anger, “I have never heard of this!”

That's because I never told you. I told Stephen on our wedding night. Sure enough, he was like an incredible Hulk. He was so furious.” She said, chuckling softly, “If you bring it up now, he will never let it go. He will not rest until he finds her and God knows what he will do. Do you hear that?” she asked. I paused to listen carefully. I could hear the faint sound of laughter in the background, “That's his carefree laughter. Wouldn't it be nice if it lasts?”

“But-”

She interrupted me again, “So I'm asking you, just this once. If you have found something new about her, you must never tell him. Next time you talk, just say there are no new leads and it's a dead end.” She said in her pleading soft voice, “Seth, I'm begging you. Please drop the case.”

I sighed for about a hundred times, feeling an ounce of happiness escaping out of my mouth, “Fine. I won't investigate further. But I want to ask...” I gulped, “What was she like?”

She hesitated. I could feel my heart thumping with anxiety, beads of sweats forming on my forehead. “She was like a lonely girl in love.” she said, probably smiling through the found. Her reaction on the phone sounded eerily calm. As I thought, Leah is not a normal girl.

I could hear puzzled voices in the background increasing by sound, “Oh, Stephen's coming here. Do you still want to talk to him?” she asked, but rhetorically. She's hinting out that I should tell him what she just told me.

“Fine, I'll tell. But if something happens-”

Nothing will happen. I promise you.” She assured that nothing will happen. But I can't help but feel something will. It's a hunch. My instinct tells me that a storm is approaching. I can't be sure if the storm is the stalker or something else.

I'm betting it's something else and I'm really worried.

Hello?” Stephen said.

Leah's POV

Stephen took over when I told him Seth called. The expression on his face turned from happy to sullen. He tried to cover it up by grinning at me as he took the phone. I know he's doing this for my sake, but that woman won't do anything stupid. She already knows that there's nothing she can do to snatch his heart away.

Because I already had it. I have had his heart for a long time.

I looked at my wedding ring, a symbol of his undying love for me. I glanced at Stephen, he sighed with disappointment, “I see. Thanks anyway.” he said and then turned of the call.

“What did he want?” I asked, pretended to be oblivious.

“Oh, um.. you know, stuff.” He said, sitting next to me in his overprotective manner. I guessed Seth told him he is dropping the investigation. He gave me my phone back, looking dispirited. I was worried about him, but it was for the best. There was no point playing the wild goose chase game.

The guys laid out thick blankets and spare ones on the floor, including pillows. Annie came in carrying a tray of tropical juice drinks followed by Kylie with a huge bowl of popcorn. Matt inserted the movie disk to watch, taking the remote with him as Keith went to turn off the lights. Stephen reluctantly sat next to me as the rest went to sit on the floor. He then slumped his head on my shoulder as he deeply sighed. He really looked dispirited and disappointed. Scared and worried I might find myself in a dangerous situation.

“You guys are close.” I grinned, teasing him as I poked his cheek, “What's next? Bromance date?” I chuckled. I meant to provoke his anger and make him snap like what the old him would do just to cheer him up. But the attempt failed when he sighed heavily.

He really looked down.

It's best if I let him sulk and get over it. He should forget it as soon as possible because it's meaningless. Just as the movie starts, a bell rang and heard a man's voice yelling, “Delivery!” reminding me that Mum delivered something.

I nudged my shoulder to Stephen, “Could you get it?” I asked. He sighed again as he reluctantly went to the door to get it. Seriously, he needs to do something with that sigh. He's acting like a ghost, so distant.

“There's a delivery?” Annie asked.

I averted my eyes to Annie, “Yeah, my mum has something for me and I'm not sure what. It's probably a sexy maternity lingerie or something.” I joked. Stephen came and threw a small sized package next to me. I took it as he rest his head on my lap, looking tired. Everyone was eyeing up on the package, looking curious, even Keith too. “Matt, could you get the scissor in the first drawer next to the TV?” I asked. Matt paused the movie and went to get it.

As I opened it, the package was filled with wedding photos and a DVD with 'Leah & Stephen Tylline's Wedding' written on it. Annie stared in awe as she snatch the photos away, passing them to Matt and the rest, “Oh, my god! Matt in my bride's maid dress!” Annie laughed in hysteric.

Matt snatched the embarrassing photo of him and looked at it, “I look like a freakin' drag.” he said, annoyed.

Keith joked, “If you add a wig and a make up, you will look like an ultimate drag queen.”

“Shut up, dork.” Matt snapped, blushing with embarrassment and humiliation.

We laughed hysterically, agreeing with Keith after imagining Matt dressed as a try-hard girl with hairy legs. Stephen wasn't in the mood to laugh when I showed the photo of Matt. I showed him Keith's photo in his bridesmaid dress and other funny photos, but it didn't make him laugh like it did to us. Everyone's laughter filled the air, going through the photos. They were too busy laughing to death to notice Stephen's obvious foul mood, so I said, “These photos captured our best and funny moments. Why wouldn't you laugh?”

Through the noise and chatters, he whispered as he covered his face with his arm, “Just not in the mood.”

When you say it like that, I don't know what else to do. I thought dejectedly. Just for once. Just once, I want to forget our problems. Isn't that one of the reason why we are here?

“Hey! Isn't that you, Leah?!” Annie eagerly pointed at the TV. Annie somehow managed to snatch the DVD away and played it without my knowing. I looked up and was taken aback at what it's showing. I was standing in front of the closed door glassed windows in my big wedding dress.

Kylie said in delight, “You look so beautiful.”

I blushed with embarrassment, cheeks turning red, “Stop it, guys.”

“You really are.” Stephen stared at the TV, stunned by what he was seeing. I didn't notice he sat up from my lap and he looked really astonished. Makes me wonder what if I really looked that good. I blushed deeper red, “Not you too.” I said, directing to Stephen.

Like the pictures, the film showed all of our best and funny moments of our wedding day. From when we were getting ready for the wedding to when we were toasting in our wedding reception. It showed Keith telling Matt to look closely to the cake and he pushed his head down, face full of cake bits. Matt grabbed a handful and splatted it on Keith's face as a revenge. It showed Kylie catching a wedding bouquet by accident. It showed Annie making a toast as my main bridesmaid before Kylie took her turn.

Next, it showed our first dance as a husband and wife.

Stephen's eyes softened as he held my hand. I rested my head on his broad shoulder as we watched one of the best moment of my big day. Honestly, I feel really blessed and happy. So happy I could barely contain myself.

Stephen whispered softly to my ear as he tightened his grip on my hand, “No matter what, I will always be there to protect you.”

Just then, my heart melted.

...............

The next midday, I laid on my under the parasol with Kylie. It was blazing hot despite being under the parasol, “God, it's like a frickin' desert here.” I groaned. I couldn't even bring myself to touch the heated sand to go to the sea. The heat carried by the wind is killing me. I'm sweating like a pig here. I lifted my head up, elbows supporting me from behind as I turned to Kylie, “Kyles, are you okay?” I asked. She was sitting in a yoga pose with her legs crossed, straight back and hands resting on her knees. She was wearing her usual black dress and a pale pink summer scarf wrapped around her neck.

She opened her eyes, slowly inhaling and exhaling, “I'm great.” she smiled. Somehow she looked radiant. I can't help but think that something is changing about her. She kinda looked different from before.

“Shouldn't you take your scarf off? It's really hot here.” I stared at her, trying to figure out what it was that made her seem different. Is it because her style of fashion changed and she seemed more feminine and pretty?

“No, I can't!” she said as if she was scared. Like her secret was about to be revealed. She looked flustered , “I mean, I will feel a bit... exposed if I take it off.” She said as she laughed nervously.

“Are you sure? I heard you have been going to the hospital frequently.” I said, “Is it because of your heart condition?You shouldn't push yourself too hard.” worriedly, I took out a bottle of cold water and gave it to her, “It's hot, so drink a plenty of water. I wouldn't want you to get dehydrated” I said. She looked healthy, but somewhat weak. She participated less extreme sports before, but now she can't.

She took the bottle, “Thanks. I'm fine. Don't worry about me.” she smiled.

I paused, thinking for a minute. I have a doctor appointment later so I can't take her to sightseeing “Hey, are you allowed to jog?”

“Yeah, jogging and yoga only.”

Annie and the boys arrived after renting a volleyball beach set. As the boys went to set up the net, Annie asked Kylie, “Wanna play?”

“Ah, sorry. I can't. I have to go and meet someone.” Kylie said, flustering nercously.

I raised my eyebrow at Kylie, “You have someone you know here?” I asked skeptically.

She nodded, “My uncle works at a local hospital. I'm planning to pay him a visit in an half an hour.”

“Ah, okay. Are you taking Keith with you?” I asked.

“No, I'm going there alone. I have been here before so I know my way around.” She smiled, reassuring us. “Don't worry about it. You guys go ahead and play. I'm going back to the cabin to get ready.” she said, packing her things up. She took her summer hat with a dark blue ribbon wrapped around and then away she went.

Annie waved her goodbye, looking a bit worried, “Still, I don't know if she will be alright.” she said anxiously as she went to sit next to me.

“It's her uncle and they seem close so she will be fine.” I said, slumping my head back, staring blankly under the parasol. The hot sun glared down on the parasol and the sun. The summer breeze was heavy and warm, but felt fresh. The smell of the sea filled the lungs, making me feel relaxed.

“You know what I mean, Leah.” She said, “I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice the her changes. She started wearing darker clothes and she seemed to be getting.. how should I put it?”

“Fat?”

“What? No! I meant weak. You know her heart condition. I'm a bit worried.”

I sighed, “Don't be. If you were in Kylie's shoes, you wouldn't want everyone to make a big deal out of your serious heart condition, would you?”

“Well..” she hesitated, “No, but it is a big deal.”

I patted her shoulder, assuring her, “She deserves freedom, Annie. Let her do things by herself without relying on anyone.”

“If you say so..” she said, still concerned, but she let it go, “Anyway, are you up for a volleyball game? Not sure if it's all right for you to play extreme sports since you're carrying a litter.” she joked.

“Yeah, I'll pass.” I said, “But have fun.”

Annie went to Matt as she teamed up with him. Stephen teamed up with Keith as they start to play. The set up was in safe distance because it's dangerous to play closely. A ball might hit me or the parasol when I take a short nap. After teaming up, they started playing. The game was exciting and intense. The guys were so competitive and energetic. Makes me want to play, but can't afford to take risks.

During the game, Keith provoked Matt with his usual smartass you-can't-do-it jokes to up his game when he was losing and Annie was laughing at Matt. Stephen looked lively compared to yesterday which is good now that he's distracted. Won't be long till he forgets it. I cupped the side of my mouth and yelled, “Stephen! We have a doctor's appointment in an hour! Get ready before then!”

He gave me a thumbs up, “Got it!” he replied as he shouted back. Then, he got hit by a ball Matt accidentally threw and he fell like a clumsy idiot that made me laugh.

Kylie's POV

As I arrived in the hospital where my uncle works, I went to the reception to ask for his whereabouts and they told me which room he was in. When I turned to walk on my way, I bumped into a man and I nearly stumbled over. The man caught me in time as we sighed in relief. “I'm sorry, thanks” I said, straightening myself up.

“Kylie?” he said. I looked up and it was my uncle. “Good timing, I just got your previous documents delivered just now.” He said, hugging me. I was surprised at how young he still looked. His raven black hair was slicked back and he was wearing a white coat. His eyes were as brown as chocolate and he wore glasses without frames, making him look smart and young. He was taller than Keith and looked as handsome as before despite being 30 something. “How's your stubborn old fart?” He joked.

I laughed nervously, “He told me to send his regards to you and that mum and dad are okay. Just busy as usual.” We walked in the hallway on our way to his office as the patients and staff passed by.

“I'm amazed at the extreme security your dad has build after many years as a head of the security company. What I'm curious about is how he allowed his daughter with a serious heart condition to come here alone.” He said, amused.

“Stop it.” I said, grumbling, “It was hard to convince him to let me go without his security guards following me around. I had to use you as my ace card.”

He laughed, rather bemused, “As expected of my lovely niece.” as we arrived in his office, he opened the door and let me in. “Take a seat. I have your documents and a bunch of questions to ask.”

I went to sit opposite him, waiting nervously. He opened the files and read each page in silence. Anxiety was kicking in, heart pounding louder and louder as his expression changed from curiosity to seriousness. I asked with unease, “What's wrong?”

He sighed as he closed the files, “You know full well what, Kylie.”

I groaned, “I was hoping you would understand. If you're going to lecture me like my dad did, save it. I don't want to hear it.”

“But Kylie, your body won't be able to handle it! I spoke with your dad when you were on your way here and he's counting on me to change your mind!” He said, taking off his glasses.

“If that is your purpose, no. I have made up my mind. I'm keeping it.” I said, stubbornly putting my foot on the ground.

He exhaled heavily and threw his glasses on the desk, “Kylie, do you know full well what 'keeping it'' will do to your body? It will add too much strain on your heart!” He warned.

“I know that.” I said softly as I looked down, rubbing my small bumped belly, “But I don't want to take this child's life away to save my own.” I gently smiled. “If I abort it, I will surely regret it. Since the day I found out, I fell hopelessly in love with it.” I softly laughed under my breath, “That's why, uncle-” I gazed at him with determination and stubbornness, “No matter what you say, I'm keeping it.”

“But the risks are too high!”

“Nevertheless, I'm keeping it.” I firmly said, “Do you know what I have to go through if I abort this baby against my will? Can you imagine the sorrow and despair I have to experience? When I think about it-” I said, tearing up at the thought of losing my own child, “-killing this baby will destroy my life and my relationship with my family. Knowing myself, I'd probably cry and throw tantrums like a child.” I said, flood of tears gushing down my red cheeks, “-I probably will not be able to look at the father of my baby's eyes. I'd probably hate my father for forcing me to abort this baby. I'd probably yell at my mum for not helping me. I'd... probably avoid my friends and refuse to come out of my room. Can you imagine that?”

He looked down sullenly in silence, no response to the question.

I continued, “I don't want to go through that. My heart will weep at the loss of my own child. I don't want to feel that sadness and regret. That's why, Uncle...” I wiped my tears away, “It's my decision as a mother of this child to keep it.”

Uncle heeved a sigh heavily as a sign he was giving up, “So there's no way to change your mind?”

I shook my head, “So, I'm asking you to cooperate with me. That's why I'm here. To ask you to convince my father to let me keep this baby.”

“Yeah, I sort of knew you would ask me that.” He said, chuckling, “Don't worry about your old fart. I'll handle him.” he smiled.

I smiled with delight and relief, “Thanks, Uncle.”

“Honestly, when I heard you got pregnant, I was surprised. Who's the guy?”

I stared at him with uncertainty as I hesitated. I wasn't sure if I should tell him because he is my dad's younger brother. “You won't tell dad?”

He laughed, “No, I won't. You may be my niece, but you're still my patient. I consider every discussions as confidential. Everything we talked about will stay in this room. It's against the rule to breach so don't worry.”

I sighed in relief, “His name is Keith. He's in my year and we have been going out for four months.” I said, beaming with happiness.

“You're four months gone, aren't you? Does he know?”

I shook my head dejectedly, “No. I'm never going to tell him.”

“What, why?!” he exclaimed in anger, puzzled.

“Because this baby is a wall between himself and his dreams.” I said, gently rubbing my belly, “He can't afford to lose his place in Harvard Law School. Did you know? He's planning to become one of the best lawyer.” I said, trying to sound pleased, but failed as I burst into tears, “I love him. That's why I'm going to break up with him when we get back.”

(TO BE CONTINUED)

..................................................

It's been a while!

Thanks for waiting! I'm really sorry for making you wait for so long :'( I was really busy and I'm going to be busier than ever now that I have exams coming up!

Wish me luck!

And I hope you liked this chapter! Please Comment what you think of this chapter. I really want to know because I added a twist (yet again).

Also, please Vote this chapter if you liked it :D You didn't like it? :'(

 To prove your love for me, please VOTE this chapter! Tee Hee.

Next update will be around late May depending on my busy schedule >.<

Thank you so much for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
19.6K 662 25
Chris and Andy are married and going on their honeymoon, Andy brings Chris to a private island in the Bahama's the honeymoon is amazing but after get...
456K 14.1K 40
Bella, Ava, and Charlotte have just graduated the hell hole known as high school and are over the moon about their trip to Vegas which has been in th...
30 1 11
16 year old Danae's life is slowly going downhill with trying to pass his exams, get a job and get into college. His mum doesn't make it any easier t...