Dark Times

By musicnotes

[complete]When agent Katerina Wild is hired to kill the most vicious criminal of the time, she meets the noto... More

Character Aesthetics
I: Angioletto
II: Cretino
III: Trapped
IV: Birds
V: Chamber
VI: Hand, Head, Heart
VII: Stuck
VIII: Scissors
IX: Eloise
X: Fuckarella
XI: Hallucinate
XII: Kiss with a Fist
XIII: Stockholm
XIV: Red Light
XV: The Orphanage
XVI: Forest
XVII: Unspoken
XVIII: Papá
XIX: Niall
XX: Noon
XXI: Two Ghosts
XXII: Stella
XXIII: Dinner
XXIV: Wonderland
XXV: Walk Alone
XXVI: Ready
XXVII: Gasoline
XXVIII: Arrival
XXIX: Arthur
XXX: Katerina
XXXI: Nervous
XXXII: Amore
XXXIII: Before the Storm
XXXIV: Sì, Yes
XXXV: Silence
XXXVI: Crash
XXXVII: Control
Epilogue: Bright Times

XIX(ii): Heat

7.6K 351 40
By musicnotes

Chapter 19 — PART 2 — Heat

Please don't forget to vote & comment & SHARE.

Listened to Eyes Closed by Halsey while writing this. But feel free to listen to your own song.

A couple of hours after telling me his story, Niall changed the movie to his favorite - which he had told me was the musical Grease.

I was too deep in my own head to pay attention to what we were watching. The heaviness of the day I had just had, and the weight of the things I now knew circling around in the deepest parts of both my conscious and subconscious mind caught me beyond exhausted.

And I drifted to sleep while Niall sang along to Rizzo; the same names repeating themselves in my head.

Arthur

Felicity

Damien

.... Harry

I missed Harry. I couldn't help but wonder where he was. He was the last person in my head before my eyes closed, and all I could see.. all I could think about was how soft his lips were.

"Run, Katerina, run!"

I jolted awake with a deep, loud breath, the T.V was still on, but the screen was covered in black with white letters reading; 'Are you still watching?' and my eyes moved to the cushion where Niall previously sat.

It was dark, and I was sure it was probably around three or four A.M, but I could still see Niall's silhouette on the cushion. I pressed a hand to my sweaty forehead, which surprised was warm considering how cold my body felt.

I was having the same damn nightmare. All in one.

Damien and my parents. All in one.

I pushed the covers away from my body and stood up, reaching for a silk robe that I learned to keep on the table next to my bed. I was freezing, but all the windows were closed.

If I was this cold, I could only imagine how cold Niall was, so I picked up one of the sheets from my bed and moved closer to where he laid.

I was about to cover him, when his hand jolted up, and grabbed my wrist. I was taken aback when instead of baby blue eyes, I was met with Harry's dark green eyes.

"Oh. It's just you." He breathed, releasing my wrist. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." He whispered, his eyes looking me over.

I felt my cheeks warm up, and just the thought of my cheeks warming up — blushing — because of Harry's presence made my face heat up even more.

Thank god it was dark.

I shook my head, coming out of my strange trance. "No.. I'm sorry.. I thought you were Niall. When did you get here?"

I took a step back, allowing him to stand up, but that wasn't a good idea, because our bodies were so close it was impossible to deny the tension between us.

I moved back toward the bed, slightly sitting on the edge of it.

"We got here a couple of hours ago." He studied me, he himself moving to sit next to me. Amusement coated his voice. "We had to figure out what was going on, and what was the best option. When I got here you and Niall were both asleep, so I woke him and told him to go rest." He explained.

I moved slightly away from him.

"Why'd you stay here though?"

He shrugged. "Too lazy to go back to my own room. Plus, yours felt.. warmer."

"Ah.." I nodded. This was so awkward. "So what are you guys going to do? Is D going attack anytime soon?"

Part of me wanted to know. The other, just wanted to distract his lingering eyes on me. I felt like his eyes were devouring me. But this time he did look worried, and he broke his stare.

"We are going to take you somewhere safe." He replied, not explaining any further.

I raised a brow. "Elaborate?"

He sighed, shutting his eyes. "I own a couple of islands. Louis and Niall are going to be staying here at the mansion, waiting for any sort of attack, while you, Liam, and I will relocate. They only want to attack this mansion to get to you. We need to prevent that." He fully explained, although I knew he kept a lot of those details to himself.

I couldn't help myself. I had to ask. "Are you ever going to tell me why they want me so bad?"

He sadly nodded. "Eventually. All you have to know for now, though, is that it's nothing good."

I stared ahead. Everything they told me always confused me more.

His eyes synchronized me, and I knew he had taken in my confusion, and slight, very very very very slight fear. "I'm not letting anyone hurt you, Angioletto." He whispered, his hand finding mine.

I looked down at our hands, and then back at the eyes of the man I had despised so much. Yet no matter how much I searched, I couldn't find any sort of ill feelings toward him anymore.

Quite the opposite actually, for his gaze caused something in the pit of my stomach to flutter.

And I'm sure he knew so too, because in that instant, he looked away, and took his hand away. "I'll let you rest." He nodded in acknowledgement, and began to walk away without waiting for a reply.

I was sent down a spiral again. My heart was telling me to tell him to stay. While my head, like always told me that emotions were dangerous.

And I was crossing the line.

But I didn't listen.

Before he had closed the door, I mumbled, almost inaudibly, "stay?"

And he stopped, hand on the door, and looked back at me.

"I can't." He replied, sad smile on his lips.

Now I felt like an idiot.

"Why?"

His eyes lingered on mine for a second, before the lowered down to my gown, and then back up to my eyes. "Because I don't think I can stay another minute in this room without feeling your lips — your body — on mine."

And then he was gone.

a/n:

It's short because it's a continuation to chapter 19!

Hope you enjoyed!

If you like my writing please follow my wattpad account @musicnotes

Love love love

Delilah xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 10K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
8.3K 850 31
(COMPLETED) two idiots who are best friends and try not to break, burn, or shatter anything. Completed January 9.
47.1K 666 18
Clarke is pregnant. Bellamy is the father. Can these two teens manage the camp, the grounders and a baby. I know bad description but it better than i...
75.3K 246 11
As the title says